Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,301 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Assassin said:

Thats one school of thought The other says that you are down by a TD (4pts in this case). Its better to do everything you can to score and let your defense take over.

If they ran the ball there, once again, bringing up 4th down and then didnt score, folks would be hollering, why didnt you just throw instead?
It was second and one. You have three chances to pick up one yard and take a big chunk of time off the clock, likely getting Green Bay to take their last time out. You have plenty of time to score and plenty of plays to do it.
There is no guarantee you would score. And a FG would do you no good.

This time thing is near the very bottom of my lists of items that cost us the game
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
NFC East stuff:

Giants WR/KR Dwayne Harris is out for the season with a fractured foot. Harris suffered the injury on Sunday against the Chargers, the same game the Giants lost Odell Beckham (broken ankle, likely out for the season), Brandon Marshall (sprained ankle, week to week), and Sterling Shepard (sprained ankle, week to week)
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

D. C. Bear said:

Assassin said:

Thats one school of thought The other says that you are down by a TD (4pts in this case). Its better to do everything you can to score and let your defense take over.

If they ran the ball there, once again, bringing up 4th down and then didnt score, folks would be hollering, why didnt you just throw instead?
It was second and one. You have three chances to pick up one yard and take a big chunk of time off the clock, likely getting Green Bay to take their last time out. You have plenty of time to score and plenty of plays to do it.
There is no guarantee you would score. And a FG would do you no good.

This time thing is near the very bottom of my lists of items that cost us the game
I can tell but DC and BearForce are right on this one.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

NFC East stuff:

Giants WR/KR Dwayne Harris is out for the season with a fractured foot. Harris suffered the injury on Sunday against the Chargers, the same game the Giants lost Odell Beckham (broken ankle, likely out for the season), Brandon Marshall (sprained ankle, week to week), and Sterling Shepard (sprained ankle, week to week)
They are really in bad shape over there
Gust Avrakotos
The crazy thing is....5 games in...we are only 2 W's better than the Giants. And they are horrible this year.
Assassin

Once again, Dallas carries the NFL on its back.
Gust Avrakotos
I may be wrong...but that looks like DFW ratings.

So you are surprised that the Packers Cowboys game outdrew those other sporting events for DFW viewers?

WAC
GoldMind
WAC_K_O BEAR said:

I may be wrong...but that looks like DFW ratings.

So you are surprised that the Packers Cowboys game outdrew those other sporting events for DFW viewers?

WAC

No, I'm surprised NASCAR is that low.
Assassin
"Terrance Williams would be the first one to tell you he should've made that play (INT)," Jason Garrett said. "Again, in a game like that when you have limited opportunities, you can't allow those kinds of plays to happen. We're going back and forth, they're scoring touchdowns, we're scoring touchdowns, they're getting stops, we're getting stops. Seven, eight possessions in a game, they're critical. We're scoring on a lot of them, they're scoring on a lot of them and to kind of break serve with a play like that, it was critical for them to be able to go up in the game."
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
cowboys OL drops to 14th overall in PFF rankings.

14. DALLAS COWBOYS
Average offensive lineman grade: 64.6
Even though Dallas has been among the best offensive lines in recent years, they have yet to reach that level this season and it is largely due to the play of the new pieces on that line. Left guard Jonathan Cooper and right tackle La'el Collins currently rank 62nd and 56th, respectively, at their positions in PFF grades, respectively. Nevertheless, single games can heavily influence rankings this early in the season and the Cowboys offensive line had one of its worst games in recent memory against Denver in Week 2 when it allowed 23 total pressures the most by any offensive line that week on 55 passing plays and had the third-worst pass-blocking efficiency rating that week.
---
Looking toward who we lost - Ron Leary is the only offensive guard in the entire league to log more than 40 pass-blocking snaps and not allowed a single pressure, and he's well clear of that line at 132 pass-blocking snaps so far.
---
Philly #1, Skins #6, Giants #24
Assassin
Assassin said:

14. DALLAS COWBOYS
Even though Dallas has been among the best offensive lines in recent years, they have yet to reach that level this season and it is largely due to the play of the new pieces on that line. Left guard Jonathan Cooper and right tackle La'el Collins currently rank 62nd and 56th, respectively, at their positions in PFF grades, respectively. Nevertheless, single games can heavily influence rankings this early in the season and the Cowboys offensive line had one of its worst games in recent memory against Denver in Week 2 when it allowed 23 total pressures the most by any offensive line that week on 55 passing plays and had the third-worst pass-blocking efficiency rating that week.
---
Looking toward who we lost - Ron Leary is the only offensive guard in the entire league to log more than 40 pass-blocking snaps and not allowed a single pressure, and he's well clear of that line at 132 pass-blocking snaps so far.
---
I would assume the offseason fix is to find a RT and move Collins back to his more natural position at LG.
Assassin
Now I didnt expect this;

Assassin
The word is that Dallas will bring Marquez White up from PS to replace Carroll. Our 6th round pick from FloState. Good defender but not great. Hamstring killed his chances of making the squad in August

POSITIVES
A two-year starter at Florida State, Marquez White has an NFL build with a thick frame and massive 10-inch hands with good 32 -inch arm length. White impressed with a 36-inch vertical jump at both the combine and his pro day.
On the field, White is a versatile defender able to play both man and zone coverages and inside or outside cornerback. He moves well through transitions and has the quickness to run with underneath routes. He's also long enough with that big vertical to go up and challenge 50-50 passes. White was a team captain in 2016.

NEGATIVES
White didn't test like an athlete, and his poor showing at the FSU pro day may red-flag him for teamshe had a 40 time over 4.6 seconds and a 7.28-second three-cone drill. White recorded just four interceptions in his four years with the Seminoles and is not a playmaker. He's tall and stiff in his bail technique and doesn't look like a natural mover in his backpedal. One NFL scout we spoke to felt White was poorly conditionedhe missed the bench press (shoulder) and shuttle drills (headache) at the combine.
Assassin
Cowboys LB Damien Wilson has been cleared of aggravated assault charges stemming from an incident on July 4. Wilson backed a truck into a woman and was arrested on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He kept his job through all of it and has been in on 93 defensive snaps while playing special teams.
BearForce
Assassin said:

14. DALLAS COWBOYS
---
---

Of course you know I'm not shocked and know how I felt about letting Ron Leary go.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Of course you know I'm not shocked and know how I felt about letting Ron Leary go.

What was his contract?
Franko
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

What was his contract?
He got 4 years, $36 million from Denver. I would have loved to keep him, but we couldn't afford that.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Thats a bundle for s guy with degenerative knee issue
BearForce
Franko said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

What was his contract?
He got 4 years, $36 million from Denver. I would have loved to keep him, but we couldn't afford that.

That's why you never let him see the open market. As Assassin knows I wanted Collins to replace Free 2 years ago, and use cutting Free to pay Leary but the excuse was always Leary has a degerative knee issue (kinda funny now given Tyron Smith's back).

In other words you wouldn't have had to pay what Denver did and Denver was desperate to upgrade their line.
Assassin
I dont think RT is good for Collins. Better fit inside at L OG
Assassin
About to go into surgery. Waiting in preop. Killing itome. fun!
BearForce
Assassin said:

Hope all good well my friend
BearForce
Assassin said:

I dont think RT is good for Collins. Better fit inside at L OG

You may be right but then aggressively find replacements for Free as opposed to just throwing PMS Green at the position.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

omg, you better come out ok! We love you Assassin.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

wowzah! got some reaaaaaly good drugs! Went into spine and got anothr bone fragment from the accident. Digging into nerve column. Wasnt so bad this tim. Small incision. dam hopspitals
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

omg, you better come out ok! We love you Assassin.
thx
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

wowzah! got some reaaaaaly good drugs! Went into spine and got anothr bone fragment from the accident. Digging into nerve column. Wasnt so bad this tim. Small incision. dam hopspitals
BearForce
A must read on the defense....changes need to happen

Hello Jaylon Smith and Jeff Heath!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/10/11/16457252/what-to-do-about-the-cowboys-defense-jeff-heath-jaylon-smith-jourdan-lewis-xavier-woods
Assassin
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/10/11/16457252/what-to-do-about-the-cowboys-defense-jeff-heath-jaylon-smith-jourdan-lewis-xavier-woods

I'm baaaack!

Heath may be relegated back to what he does best, Special Teams.

I would love to see the rookie X get in that mix although they may want to pair Awuzzie with Jones at S.

Not sure that Anthony Brown is as much as starter, as part of the nickel package and Special Teams.

Jaylon Smith was never supposed to be playing as much. 12-15 plays a game was going to be the max this season to work his leg back into shape. He stepped up when everyone else was hurt. Great going downhill, not so good going sideways and lousy going backwards. Next year was going to be his year starting.

For the third year in a row, we got a steal. Jourdan Lewis should have been a 1st rounder.

Rumor this AM is that the NT Stephen Paea may retire. Injuries are just too much. If he does, pre-season wonder Lewis Neal has been tearing things up off the PS. Expect him to come up. Dude was a beast in August. See how he does in Oct.

LB Justin March-Lillard has been signed with the open spot. Interesting that it wasnt a CB.

Assassin
Scouting Report: Evaluating The Tape Of New LB Justin March-Lillard
Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:20 PM CDT

By Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout

Name: Justin March-Lillard
Position: LB
College: Akron
Height: 6-0
Weight: 230
Draft: Undrafted in 2015, signed with Kansas City
Games Studied: 2017 preseason, with Kansas City, vs. San Francisco, Cincinnati, Tennessee; 2017 regular season, with Seattle, vs. Indianapolis.

Shorter linebacker that has some toughness to his game.

Some pop in his hands when taking on blockers. Not afraid to step up and deliver a blow.

Playing speed and quickness is good. Can cover some ground when on the move.

Plays with some range to the outside. Doesn't over-run plays. Knows how to choke it back to put himself in position.

Good lateral quickness when getting to the edge. Plays with body control and balance. Not on the ground.

Can change directions on the move.

Strength is good for his size. Quick to play with his hands. Ability to fight off blocks. Nice balance when working against blockers.

Gets into position to finish plays but had some where he missed. On one of his best tackles, he didn't wrap up at all, threw shoulder into the ball carrier.

His motor and effort are good. Doesn't quit on the play. Will fight through the trash to get to the ball. Snaps where he arrived just a tick late.

Better zone cover than man. Reactions help him here. Appeared to grab and hold more put in those man coverage situations.

Disciplined player. Not fooled on boots/waggles. Plays his assignments. No noticeable busts.

Key and diagnose are where they need to be. He is aware to what is going on around him.

Did not see him create a turnover or blitz from his spot.

Special Teams: Both punt and kickoff return as a blocker. More get in the way then drive his man off the screen. Runs well enough to play in all phases. Consistent tackling might be a concern.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I'm baaaack!

I would love to see the rookie X get in that mix although they may want to pair Awuzzie with Jones at S.

Not sure that Anthony Brown is as much as starter, as part of the nickel package and Special Teams.

Jaylon Smith was never supposed to be playing as much. 12-15 plays a game was going to be the max this season to work his leg back into shape. He stepped up when everyone else was hurt. Great going downhill, not so good going sideways and lousy going backwards. Next year was going to be his year starting.

For the third year in a row, we got a steal. Jourdan Lewis should have been a 1st rounder.

Rumor this AM is that the NT Stephen Paea may retire. Injuries are just too much. If he does, pre-season wonder Lewis Neal has been tearing things up off the PS. Expect him to come up. Dude was a beast in August. See how he does in Oct.

LB Justin March-Lillard has been signed with the open spot. Interesting that it wasnt a CB.

Yeah Paea is retiring which sucks...you know how I liked that pickup as he is the most real 1-tech we have had in a while.

Agree with Jaylon, injuries forced him to play more earlier than he should have. When Lee comes back the question becomes when do you play Smith...he is not there yet in pass coverage so I think he is at best a two down LB right now.

Agree on the young DBs...you know how I felt about those guys during the draft.

Hope BtB does a similar look at the offense with WR and TE as well as OL being of particular interest.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I'm baaaack!

Hope BtB does a similar look at the offense with WR and TE as well as OL being of particular interest.
How long do you keep Chaz Green on the roster? He was supposed the RT and now the starter at LG but he cant stay healthy. Its hip joint now, a couple of weeks ago, shoulder AC joint. Miissed the end of last season with back surgery and the season before with hip injury. All the talent in the world doesnt matter if you're not on the field
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I'm baaaack!

How long do you keep Chaz Green on the roster? He was supposed the RT and now the starter at LG but he cant stay healthy. Its hip joint now, a couple of weeks ago, shoulder AC joint. Miissed the end of last season with back surgery and the season before with hip injury. All the talent in the world doesnt matter if you're not on the field

Shouldn't be on the club when you live in the tub....
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.