Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,113,379 Views | 30120 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jerry Jones: Full ownership to discuss Roger Goodell's contract at December meeting
Posted by Charean Williams on November 23, 2017, 9:00 PM EST

While Jerry Jones confirmed he is standing down in his threat to sue his fellow owners, don't expect the Cowboys owner to go away quietly in his fight over the process for extending Roger Goodell's contract.

"The business of the standing down there didn't necessarily mean that you're not standing up someplace else," Jones said after the Cowboys' 28-6 loss to the Chargers on Thursday.

In other words, he expects the full body of owners to discuss an extension for the Commissioner, even though the six-member Compensation Committee received unanimous authorization in May to finalize a deal.

"The [Compensation] Committee is being responsive, and we're having some real owner participation," Jones said. "I just want to say that we really have had, are having a lot of owner participation. So that's a part of it. It doesn't mean at all that we're not really pursing what we want to get done, and that is have the owners in a very positive way give input and make everyone, including ourselves, accountable."

Jones is adamant that all owners will discuss Goodell's deal in an owners-only session at the December 13 meetings in Irving, Texas.

"That's for sure," Jones said of the owners-only session. "And I don't want to speak for the circumstances are, but it is going to be firm, solid, an owners-only session that was called specifically for these issues."

PFT reported earlier this week that Jones plans to seek a secret ballot of owners in connection with Goodell's contract. A majority of 17 owners is required to trigger the process of secret balloting. A 75-percent majority of 24 votes will be needed to rescind or to revise the resolution that owners adopted with a 32-0 vote in May.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Lions picked up Dwight Freeny off waivers. never made it to us
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Assassin
With Jaylon Smiths 8 tackles Thursday, he leads the team in tackles with 66.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

I wish I could get happy about that., ha I couldn't believe Alabama lost today. Not that I am an Alabama fan.

Ok, back to When Harry Met Sally. Ha, well it's a slow weekend.
GoldMind
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I wish I could get happy about that., ha I couldn't believe Alabama lost today. Not that I am an Alabama fan.

**** Bama. I hope that's not the only game they lose.
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Bama can stay home in the CFP where everyone outside of Bama wants them to stay!
GoldMind
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Bama can stay home in the CFP where everyone outside of Bama wants them to stay!

Top recruiting class like 6 years straight, 4 national championship appearances, never in the history of college football has any coach pulled that off, even before scholarship limits. You mean to tell me that Saban is better thank Knute Rockne, Bear Bryant, Jimmy Johnson and Amos Alonzo Stagg all combined??

Sorry, no.

These ****ers are cheating their dicks off and they need to get got.
BaylorProud77
McFadden placed on waivers
Assassin
Eaglettes about to go 10-1. How good are they?
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Wow, why not wait until Zeke comes back...interesting.
BaylorProud77
GoldMind said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

**** Bama. I hope that's not the only game they lose.
Ditto
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

I thought so too.. I kept wondering why that hadn't played him. Screwy
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

I thought so too.. I kept wondering why that hadn't played him. Screwy

And just think a year ago we could have traded him for something...SMH
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

I think they can beat Patriots. They are going to the super bowl. Jerks, their fans are absolutely horrid!
Assassin

Its gonna be a long (yet shorter) rest of the year.

At least we have them...
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I think they can beat Patriots. They are going to the super bowl. Jerks, their fans are absolutely horrid!

Except they are the Eagles...they will find a way to blow it.
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Except they are the Eagles...they will find a way to blow it.
well that would be ok with me
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

At least we have them...
yes, you guys can enjoy that. omg, lol
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

At least we have them...
Here ya go. Just a wait a couple of years;

Assassin

Johnson was kinda burned out then from what he said afterwards. His time with Miami was pretty average
Assassin

The first Dallas Cowboy logo
BearForce
Fixer Upper in the secondary

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/11/26/16701760/the-cowboys-are-making-changes-in-the-secondary-which-should-give-rookies-more-opportunities
GoldMind
Assassin said:

#bringitback
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

At least we have them...
Here ya go. Just a wait a couple of years;

lol,
Assassin
BearForce said:

Fixer Upper in the secondary

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/11/26/16701760/the-cowboys-are-making-changes-in-the-secondary-which-should-give-rookies-more-opportunities
Gotta say, saw this one coming a mile off. Brown may need some seasoning time - kinda like Orlando Scandrik who wasnt exactly lights out in his younger days.
Assassin
Cowboys signed pass-rusher Datone Jones. A first-round pick for the Packers in 2013, Jones recorded nine sacks in four years in Green Bay before signing with the Vikings this offseason. He was released by the Vikings with an injury settlement in September after battling a shoulder injury in training camp. In October, the Lions signed him, but his stint in Detroit was brief, as he was released after just one week. The 49ers signed him a short while later, and he actually played in three games for them before being waived to make room DT Sheldon Day, who the 49ers signed off waivers from Jacksonville.

Listed at 6'5" and 288, Jones will likely help the Cowboys on the interior of the defensive line.
VN 68
Assassin said:

The first Dallas Cowboy starting QB.
Assassin
Assassin
Many years ago, a fellow named Tom Frankhauser and I went into business importing emu oil from Australia/New Zealand. Business didnt work out but I got to know a great guy. Also a bit of Cowboy trivia.

Tom took the opening kickoff in both the first preseason game and opening kickoff in the first real game - thus becoming the first Dallas Cowboy to ever touch the ball.

Unfortunately Tom had a massive heart attack while driving on the highway and ran into a concrete pylon. He died instantly.

His funeral was at Sparkman in Dallas. Folks like Baylors own house of cards LG Dupree, Bob Lilly, Tom Landry were there. LG cracked up the whole place as did Eddie LaBaron and Don Meredith.

One of the good guys. I was fortunate to know him.

Assassin
Assassin
zack martin, tyron smith will do something in practice today. Probably not for Lael Collins, per Jason Garrett
BearForce
Assassin said:

zack martin, tyron smith will do something in practice today. Probably not for Lael Collins, per Jason Garrett

Hopefully practice
Assassin
Assassin said:

Just curious if they're speaking of Jones or...
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 861

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.