Football
Sponsored by

Six ex-tcu players will testify that Gary Patterson abused them

38,527 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MrGolfguy
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DaveyBear said:

Thee University said:

DaveyBear said:

I would like to know exactly who has publicly filed a criminal or civil action with McClennan County DA's office regarding an illegal act and when is it going to trial.

Thee, I understand you have a serious case of Peni$ envy that Briles' teams won more in his style than you guys did in yours.

Before you give another reach around to Patterson, who is going to court, whose own players are against him, please give us a specific example of Briles and Co doing the same thing (just a reasonable facsimile will do)
I yelled my @$$ off for those Arthur teams. I was shocked though and very vocal for YEARS concerning our glaring lack of discipline & class, our pourous and unattended defense, our horrible special teams and our pansy @$$ed scheduling schemes. I started calling this back in '09 or at the latest '10 and this was on the gang-banging coach's fault. Not the players.

I quit measuring sticks around '85-'86 when two back to back great teams mirrored our 2 year successes of a paltry 18-6. All I brag about today is the FACT that we were the only modern day Baylor team that took care of business and swept the piss out of our conference foes to win the conference going away and NOT HAVING TO RELY ON A TEAM TO LOSE in order to be conference champs. Oh, and our defense was one of the best BU has EVER fielded.

Patterson has already eclipsed Brile's successes and did so without allowing his grossly inflated ego to let his alligator mouth overload his mockingbird @$$. In other words, Patterson knew how to play the Game to keep himself employed while Briles had to break down bawling begging for his job AFTER he realized he was not going to get the UT job he coveted so much.

Next!
You are so full of loathing you would root for ISIS against Baylor if Briles was coaching, so why not answer the first ****ing question I asked your dumb a$$....pretty please you lil your prima donna a$$ provide the rest of us with any public information relating to any legal authority - what Coach Briles did to get fired? Also, please provide any evidence that any of the coaching staff did regarding Sam U or Tevon E and the intersection between them and BU students. I am guessing some type of indictment is available for you to quote, NCAA enforcement action, BU suspension of pay, please pray tell, espouse your wisdom.

Otherwise, Go FYCK yourself while giving Fat Pat a reach around.
You must have been the gay/happy Penland disco dancer I referenced. You sound a bit angry. As angry as someone like you can get. I don't have to provide you with anything because you are nobody.

All I need to know is that ALL of this BS we have endured and will likely reap for years is Briles's fault. He brought this down on himself by attempting to build a Miami type program, recruiting too many time bombs, not implementing discipline, etc. I could go on and on. You limp-wrists that STILL suck your thumbs because Baylor did not look away are pitiful.

I would tell you to f@&% yourself but you probably don't have a ____ to do it. The reach around you perfected in Penland!
Thee University
DAC said:

DaveyBear said:

Thee University said:

DaveyBear said:

I would like to know exactly who has publicly filed a criminal or civil action with McClennan County DA's office regarding an illegal act and when is it going to trial.

Thee, I understand you have a serious case of Peni$ envy that Briles' teams won more in his style than you guys did in yours.

Before you give another reach around to Patterson, who is going to court, whose own players are against him, please give us a specific example of Briles and Co doing the same thing (just a reasonable facsimile will do)
I yelled my @$$ off for those Arthur teams. I was shocked though and very vocal for YEARS concerning our glaring lack of discipline & class, our pourous and unattended defense, our horrible special teams and our pansy @$$ed scheduling schemes. I started calling this back in '09 or at the latest '10 and this was on the gang-banging coach's fault. Not the players.

I quit measuring sticks around '85-'86 when two back to back great teams mirrored our 2 year successes of a paltry 18-6. All I brag about today is the FACT that we were the only modern day Baylor team that took care of business and swept the piss out of our conference foes to win the conference going away and NOT HAVING TO RELY ON A TEAM TO LOSE in order to be conference champs. Oh, and our defense was one of the best BU has EVER fielded.

Patterson has already eclipsed Brile's successes and did so without allowing his grossly inflated ego to let his alligator mouth overload his mockingbird @$$. In other words, Patterson knew how to play the Game to keep himself employed while Briles had to break down bawling begging for his job AFTER he realized he was not going to get the UT job he coveted so much.

Next!
You are so full of loathing you would root for ISIS against Baylor if Briles was coaching, so why not answer the first ****ing question I asked your dumb a$$....pretty please you lil your prima donna a$$ provide the rest of us with any public information relating to any legal authority - what Coach Briles did to get fired? Also, please provide any evidence that any of the coaching staff did regarding Sam U or Tevon E and the intersection between them and BU students. I am guessing some type of indictment is available for you to quote, NCAA enforcement action, BU suspension of pay, please pray tell, espouse your wisdom.

He's still butt hurt. He can't stand the back to back championships that Briles brought shattering his record of one. He longs for the days of mediocre football.
CO-Championship on #2 where both "titles" were "won" because Baylor had to have another team help them get the trophy.

But that's OK for you apologists.
Tiny Elvis
What team helped Baylor get the 2014 title? TCU had to have West Virginia help them.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Tiny Elvis said:

What team helped Baylor get the 2014 title? TCU had to have West Virginia help them.
This is fun. The following teams had to lose in order for Baylor to win the Big XII Championship in 2014:

Iowa State
Texas
TCU
Kansas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
Kansas State
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
xiledinok
Good Sunday morning Baylor fans and t-shirt trash.
Couple of questions before the first scripture reading.
If KD Cannon had old school boot camp football Coach Fat Pat as his head coach, would he have ran and completed his first assigned mini camp drill without getting cut on the first day of NFL mini camp? Discuss. Winning essay gets $1 off coupons for 7-11 pastries.

Question. Since so many believe Briles will be the pinnacle of Baylor coaching with the first golden palace, cathedral and prime rib dining halls, does that low rent assumption take into account former Baylor facilities were more crippled than The March of Dimes? Discuss.

Question. T-shirt trash, what is it like to root for Josh Heupel and Major Applewhite coached teams?
xiledinok
Tiny Elvis said:

2013. Bedlam. Oklahoma had to beat Oklahoma State at 11 a.m. to open up our chances.
In 2012, there were co champs. The rule awarded co champs in round robin forum. The conference thought Briles was dumb hayseed coach complaining about the rule in 2014.
YoakDaddy
xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

2013. Bedlam. Oklahoma had to beat Oklahoma State at 11 a.m. to open up our chances.
In 2012, there were co champs. The rule awarded co champs in round robin forum. The conference thought Briles was dumb hayseed coach complaining about the rule in 2014.

IMO head to head matters even if there's a co-champ by the W/L record, but the coaches wanted the co-champ because their contractual bonuses are tied to championships, even co-championships.
xiledinok
YoakDaddy said:

xiledinok said:

Tiny Elvis said:

IMO head to head matters even if there's a co-champ by the W/L record, but the coaches wanted the co-champ because their contractual bonuses are tied to championships, even co-championships.
It does matter. I agree.
Briles tried to start sxit with the conference money man. Baylor's ribbon clerk athletic director and school President did not build a relationship with the league. You cannot have your coach looking like a liability to making money.
Chanceux
Champs. Co Champs. Big freakin whoop. It's an achievement. Acting like taking a single loss in conference is some gotdurned disaster is flat dumb. No offense to that 80 team but they lost to San Jose St at home. At home for pete sake. 30 points to San Jose State? Then for all the talk about blowing the Mich St game the 1980 team got blown out by Bama. We're playing the no excuses game right? 30-2? 30 points given up by the greatest Baylor defense ever to two teams, one of which was a glorified juco?

Most teams have worts. Even the best ones. But hey I look forward to Thee going up to the guys on the co-champ team and telling them they didn't earn it the right way. Promise us you'll do that. I think we would all be interested in hearing what they have to say.
Russell Gym
I dialed in to this thread looking for discussion about the posted topic. Should have known where it would end up.
Thee University
Chanceux said:

Champs. Co Champs. Big freakin whoop. It's an achievement. Acting like taking a single loss in conference is some gotdurned disaster is flat dumb. No offense to that 80 team but they lost to San Jose St at home. At home for pete sake. 30 points to San Jose State? Then for all the talk about blowing the Mich St game the 1980 team got blown out by Bama. We're playing the no excuses game right? 30-2? 30 points given up by the greatest Baylor defense ever to two teams, one of which was a glorified juco?

Most teams have worts. Even the best ones. But hey I look forward to Thee going up to the guys on the co-champ team and telling them they didn't earn it the right way. Promise us you'll do that. I think we would all be interested in hearing what they have to say.
As one of the team captains off of the 1980 SWC Champs I will admit that just like in the past 10 years our conference was down when we won it. We capitalized on the weak conference and won the title by a full three games. The difference is that we played O, D and ST at a very high level. Championship level.

The SJS implosion and the Alabama collapse were real. No excuses. 7 turnovers (4 lost fumbles and 3 interceptions) did not help our Cotton Bowl chances. The SJS game was a combination of BU looking forward to the Arkansas game the following week which was also homecoming, overconfidence, coaching errors and fluke plays going against BU and the fact that Sports Illustrated was in town writing a story on the Rodney Dangerfields of D1 football that never ran after we lost.

I personally feel that the SJS loss regrounded us and we came out the next week versus Arkansas on ABC national TV and drilled the Hogs 42-15 and it could have been much worse.

I don't have to say anything to Co-Champs. They know the feeling of not taking care of business and allowing West Virginia to pole-axe them. Likewise I don't have to rub salt in their wounds on their collapses against another junior college team like UCF and again versus Sparty. I've been there. I've been a part of it. We should have gone undefeated in 1980 and came closer than any other Baylor team. Our 8 point loss to SJS after leading like we did compared to the 32 point drilling we took by WV?

I've never blamed players. The coaches should never put people on the field that don't play 100% every single play. They should never put on the field an undisciplined player who is likely to cost you a game. They should never expect to play at the highest level when you do not devote equal amounts of practice time to D and ST that you give to the O.

Back to the original intent of the thread. Patterson may be a tough SOB but he wins and my point all along is that we would have loved his 10 seasons of 11 wins, 13-0 season and Rose Bowl win.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Thee University said:

DaveyBear said:

Thee University said:

DaveyBear said:

Next!

I would tell you to f@&% yourself but you probably don't have a ____ to do it. The reach around you perfected in Penland!

Frank Ditta (dis)approves this message.
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
Chanceux
Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

I don't have to say anything to Co-Champs. They know the feeling of not taking care of business and allowing West Virginia to pole-axe them. Likewise I don't have to rub salt in their wounds on their collapses against another junior college team like UCF and again versus Sparty. I've been there. I've been a part of it. We should have gone undefeated in 1980 and came closer than any other Baylor team. Our 8 point loss to SJS after leading like we did compared to the 32 point drilling we took by WV?
What 32 point loss to West Virginia? They lost by 12 points and were up at the end of the 3rd. Just had a 4th quarter meltdown where they didn't score any points. You're thinking of the Ok St game the year before. And Baylor still won the conference outright that year.

Still none of this matters. The thread isn't about Gary Patterson being a good coach. It's about him being an unethical fat POS. Which he is.
DaveyBear
Thee University said:

DaveyBear said:

Thee University said:

DaveyBear said:

Next!

You must have been the gay/happy Penland disco dancer I referenced. You sound a bit angry. As angry as someone like you can get. I don't have to provide you with anything because you are nobody.

All I need to know is that ALL of this BS we have endured and will likely reap for years is Briles's fault. He brought this down on himself by attempting to build a Miami type program, recruiting too many time bombs, not implementing discipline, etc. I could go on and on. You limp-wrists that STILL suck your thumbs because Baylor did not look away are pitiful.

Once again Mrs. Singletary, please provide some evidence issued by a legal authority that stated CAB did anything illegal.
Thee University
Chanceux said:

Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

What 32 point loss to West Virginia? They lost by 12 points and were up at the end of the 3rd. Just had a 4th quarter meltdown where they didn't score any points. You're thinking of the Ok St game the year before. And Baylor still won the conference outright that year.

Still none of this matters. The thread isn't about Gary Patterson being a good coach. It's about him being an unethical fat POS. Which he is.
My fault. The 32 point loss was in 2013 to OSU. The 14 point loss was to West Virginia in 2014.

Baylor won the conference in 2013 because OU beat OSU earlier that day.

beardoc
Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

My fault. The 32 point loss was in 2013 to OSU. The 14 point loss was to West Virginia in 2014.

Much like Baylor won the conference in 1974 because Texas beat AnM.
Forest Bueller
beardoc said:

Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

Much like Baylor won the conference in 1974 because Texas beat AnM.

In fairness to Baylor, both those teams won more conference games than any other teams.

That is why they won the conference, no other reason.
Wolf 359
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

Thee University said:

Chanceux said:

Baylor won the conference in 2013 because they went 8-1 in conference while no one else in conference play had better than a 7-2 record.
hodedofome
Back to the original thread...

Patterson's 'feewings' got a wibble hurt.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22649250/tcu-horned-frogs-coach-gary-patterson-little-bit-hurt-allegations-lawsuit-filed-former-player-kolby-listenbee

TCU coach Gary Patterson said he was "a little bit hurt" by allegations in a lawsuit filed by former player Kolby Listenbee and defended how the school handles player injuries.

Speaking Sunday to reporters after TCU's first weekend of spring practices, Patterson didn't go into detail about the lawsuit, which accuses him and other TCU officials of pressuring Listenbee to play through a pelvis injury in 2015, but said he's "excited to tell our side." The lawsuit, filed in January, seeks more than $1 million and names Patterson, former TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte, the Big 12 Conference and others.

"I was a little bit hurt," Patterson said Sunday. "I'm one of those coaches that put everything in my life into kids. Growing them up, giving them opportunity."

Patterson, who has led TCU's program for the past 17 seasons, said the program and its medical staff never puts winning ahead of player safety. He said the lawsuit hasn't impacted TCU's recruiting efforts at all, and that former players want to defend him but that he has told them to "lay in the weeds for now."

Listenbee's lawsuit includes accounts from several other former players alleging they were pressured to play through injuries.

"Bottom line to it is that it's always been about the program," Patterson said Sunday. "It's never been about winning. Winning is important but never in front of someone's health."
Doc Holliday
hodedofome said:

Back to the original thread...

Patterson's 'feewings' got a wibble hurt.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22649250/tcu-horned-frogs-coach-gary-patterson-little-bit-hurt-allegations-lawsuit-filed-former-player-kolby-listenbee

TCU coach Gary Patterson said he was "a little bit hurt" by allegations in a lawsuit filed by former player Kolby Listenbee and defended how the school handles player injuries.

Speaking Sunday to reporters after TCU's first weekend of spring practices, Patterson didn't go into detail about the lawsuit, which accuses him and other TCU officials of pressuring Listenbee to play through a pelvis injury in 2015, but said he's "excited to tell our side." The lawsuit, filed in January, seeks more than $1 million and names Patterson, former TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte, the Big 12 Conference and others.

"I was a little bit hurt," Patterson said Sunday. "I'm one of those coaches that put everything in my life into kids. Growing them up, giving them opportunity."

Patterson, who has led TCU's program for the past 17 seasons, said the program and its medical staff never puts winning ahead of player safety. He said the lawsuit hasn't impacted TCU's recruiting efforts at all, and that former players want to defend him but that he has told them to "lay in the weeds for now."

Listenbee's lawsuit includes accounts from several other former players alleging they were pressured to play through injuries.

"Bottom line to it is that it's always been about the program," Patterson said Sunday. "It's never been about winning. Winning is important but never in front of someone's health."
Patterson is lying his ass off.
Chanceux
"Let's talk about root canals"

Boy ol Gary sure is nervous in that video.
BellCountyBear
Gary may be lying his ass off, but still comes off like they won't roll over and die like Baylor did against "allegations".
Nick Nolte
Baylor would never employ a coach who cared nothing about a player's injuries and ailments...

LBKBEAR
It's actually really funny you bring that up, Nick. You frogs pretended so hard to care about that. We now know that yelling at injured players or, if the lawsuit is to be believed, telling an injured player they could lose their scholarship is par for the course and nothing to worry about.

It has been interesting to see that, for all of their 'outrage' at Baylor for things, it doesn't seem like frogs actually care any more about player safety at TCU than they care about college rape victims who weren't raped by someone that could benefit their college football interests.
Doc Holliday
Nick Nolte said:

Baylor would never employ a coach who cared nothing about a player's injuries and ailments...

Well at least he didn't threaten to kick him off the team after an injury.

...unless you think that Gary Patterson recruits several liars?
Forest Bueller
I've always wondered why people use that in such a bad light. Of course the coach wants him to get up. Otherwise he likely badly hurt. I'd probably be yelling get up too. Not because I want a hurt player to get up, because I would want a player not to be hurt.

Gunny Hartman
Forest Bueller said:

I've always wondered why people use that in such a bad light. Of course the coach wants him to get up. Otherwise he likely badly hurt. I'd probably be yelling get up too. Not because I want a hurt player to get up, because I would want a player not to be hurt.

Surely you're not so naive as to believe that is what was happening
Forest Bueller
Gunny Hartman said:

Forest Bueller said:

What does it have to do with naive. Been on both ends of that scene. Wanting someone to get up and wanting to get up when hurt.
hodedofome
We can give Briles a pass on that play. It was a heated moment and his emotions were high trying to salvage a win in the most important game of the year.

I'm sure player and coach worked it out behind the scenes.
Gunny Hartman
Forest Bueller said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Forest Bueller said:

What does it have to do with naive. Been on both ends of that scene. Wanting someone to get up and wanting to get up when hurt.

Apparently you are.

We were up by 6 with only 37 seconds left in the game. It was 4th and 10 and Michigan State had the ball on our 27 with no timeouts remaining. When play had to be stopped by an injury timeout because KJ couldn't get himself off the field, it gave MSU time to catch their breath, get some water, huddle up and form a plan for the next play, which they promptly converted into a first down, keeping the game alive.

It was not a good look for Art and I was a bit chagrined about it, but as pointed out above and unlike Fat Pat who has long been rumored to be rather psycho, Art never had the reputation of rushing players back from injury, so we can give him a bit of a pass during the heat of the moment. But let's not pretend that KJ's health was at the forefront of his mind at that moment.
Yogi
As sickened as I was by the 2015 Cotton Bowl, Baylor won 2 games my senior year. Art Briles did this at Baylor:

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Forest Bueller
Gunny Hartman said:

Forest Bueller said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Forest Bueller said:

Apparently you are.

We were up by 6 with only 37 seconds left in the game. It was 4th and 10 and Michigan State had the ball on our 27 with no timeouts remaining. When play had to be stopped by an injury timeout because KJ couldn't get himself off the field, it gave MSU time to catch their breath, get some water, huddle up and form a plan for the next play, which they promptly converted into a first down, keeping the game alive.

It was not a good look for Art and I was a bit chagrined about it, but as pointed out above and unlike Fat Pat who has long been rumored to be rather psycho, Art never had the reputation of rushing players back from injury, so we can give him a bit of a pass during the heat of the moment. But let's not pretend that KJ's health was at the forefront of his mind at that moment.
Look jackass, I'm not naive about anything, nor do I stand in judgement of a person for a heat of the moment exchange.

Could have been any coach wanting his player to get off the carpet, could have been any player trying to get up, that's football. Don't pretend it's a game for the genteel. It's a game for rough people who like to strike others. Coaches are cut from this same cloth, having similar backgrounds usually as their players, it happens.
We just caught a moment were an intensely competitive person was urging another intensely competitive person to get up. Happens all the time.
Gunny Hartman
Forest Bueller said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Forest Bueller said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Forest Bueller said:

Apparently you are.

Look jackass, I'm not naive about anything, nor do I stand in judgement of a person for a heat of the moment exchange.

Could have been any coach wanting his player to get off the carpet, could have been any player trying to get up, that's football. Don't pretend it's a game for the genteel. It's a game for rough people who like to strike others. Coaches are cut from this same cloth, having similar backgrounds usually as their players, it happens.
We just caught a moment were an intensely competitive person was urging another intensely competitive person to get up. Happens all the time.

But that's not what you initially said, nimrod. You acted as if Art was solely concerned about his health and as such was looking for reassurance he was okay by yelling for KJ to get up, which is utterly moronic considering anybody with eyeballs and a brain could tell that KJ was rolling around on the turf in great pain -- which I also stated was not a big deal to me considering that was not part of Art's normal character.

So if your true meaning is in actuality contained in your 3rd post rather than your first post on the matter, then don't bother getting angry with me for trying to be helpful and explain what actually was happening at that time, because it's not my fault that you are mentally deficient and lack basic communication skills.
Russell Gym
Yogi said:

As sickened as I was by the 2015 Cotton Bowl, Baylor won 2 games my senior year. Art Briles did this at Baylor:

He didn't win that second trophy, unless they just handed out an old one from the closet. CU, A&M, Neb, and Mizzou. Which team last won that configuration?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.