Football
Sponsored by

Six ex-tcu players will testify that Gary Patterson abused them

38,514 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MrGolfguy
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Take heed, fans. This is is in 5 to ten years.
smp13
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I can't speak to their specific claims, but I know few universities that let their head coaches be the first one to greet a player after a serious surgery.

Mrs. Teaff was there for me when I awoke from my knee surgery, 3 days in a row she came to visit me...
Doc Holliday
Caption this:

"I don't care if it's your 3rd concussion, get back in there or you're off the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Yogi
Six metroplex buffet owners complained that Patterson abused them as well...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Doc Holliday
There should be an investigation. Hopefully they hire some liberal northern lawyers who have a shady past and 9 out of 10 times find wrongdoing...Cough* Pepper *cough cough* Hamilton.
Yogi
PacificBear said:

Fire Patterson...Fire Patterson...Fire Patterson

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
RegentCoverup
smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I can't speak to their specific claims, but I know few universities that let their head coaches be the first one to greet a player after a serious surgery.

Mrs. Teaff was there for me when I awoke from my knee surgery, 3 days in a row she came to visit me...

Weak.

Patterson would have kicked you in the nads for laying in that bed and pushed your hospital bed into the parking lot.

Seriously, he would have asked your family to leave while he spoke to you and told you if you were on life support he'd pull the plug on your respirator.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
LavacaBear
The scrutiny on head coaches has always been there. How quickly the stories are passed through the media and specifically social media outlets is the biggest shift as we all know.

People are incredibly strong behind a keyboard and an attorney. That won't change.

This just reads like a these guys are looking for a free ride. If it was so bad, report it immediately.
80sBEAR
There was an old saying at Baylor in the early 80s that was common knowledge but certainly not coined by Coach Teaff. It was thrown around by players in a joking manner. It was simply "you can't make the club, lying in the tub." (Tub meaning whirlpool tub in the training room.)
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
RegentCoverup
LavacaBear said:

The scrutiny on head coaches has always been there. How quickly the stories are passed through the media and specifically social media outlets is the biggest shift as we all know.

People are incredibly strong behind a keyboard and an attorney. That won't change.

This just reads like a these guys are looking for a free ride. If it was so bad, report it immediately.

How dare they question coaches making $3 million a year on the backs of their talents and abilities.

Who the hell do these kids think they are?

I get all the stories about wussification, there is some truth to that. But we ain't been paying coaches millions very long, either.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Robert Wilson
Which is now the bigger sport? The one involving trying to get an oblong leather sphere across the goal line, or the one centered around opponent gossiping and social media lynchings?
hodedofome
Can anyone confirm Pat locked a kid in a shed? That might get us somewhere.
Johnny Bear
Doc Holliday said:

There should be an investigation. Hopefully they hire some liberal northern lawyers who have a shady past and 9 out of 10 times find wrongdoing...Cough* Pepper *cough cough* Hamilton.
Oh come on. Who in the world would be dumb enough to do something like that???!!??!!
GoochyMane
yall remember #BU Manipulation a couple of years ago? that was fun
Chanceux
Y'all remember that quote from Tanner Brock after he got arrested? I'll help remind you.

In reference to a TCU drug test - "What can they do? Eighty-two people failed it."

How bout the time Patterson sent one of his thugs to pressure a teacher to keep certified psycho rapist Lorenzo Jones eligible?

"I felt that now, not only was I dealing with a volatile and potentially dangerous student but also an athletic department that was pressuring me to keep a student in my class who should not be there," she said.

But that fat bag of lying !@#$ had the balls to slam Baylor.

Hey TCU fans. Aint it fun to be eating a big ol pile of that !@#$ you were throwing around? But sure your disgusting gluttonous sweat bag slob of POS human being coach is Christ reborn right? Enjoy choking on your words!

Mitch Henessey
This was pretty common knowledge back as far as 2011. The only surprise to me is that it took this long for his players to turn on him.
EasyE
Yeah, and that old school mentality is more than likely the reason why guys like Junior Seau, Dave Duerson, Mike Webster and others are dead long before they should have been.
bear2be2
EasyE said:

Yeah, and that old school mentality is more than likely the reason why guys like Junior Seau, Dave Duerson, Mike Webster and others are dead long before they should have been.
Yep. Crazy that so many are defending it here.
Thee University
I keep forgetting how soft and sweet you Penland boys were.

No wonder you cry out to God to reinstall our 7-on-7, flag football offense, to banish Oklahom drills and become so syrupy when discussing our uniform selection.

Good grief! Patterson is Curly and you Baylor boys are Billy Crystal.

MidWestBear2010
Thee University said:

No wonder you cry out to God to reinstall our 7-on-7, flag football offense, to banish Oklahom drills and become so syrupy when discussing our uniform selection.

Go back to killer frogs where you belong. Nobody wants you here.
Doc Holliday
Chanceux said:

Y'all remember that quote from Tanner Brock after he got arrested? I'll help remind you.

In reference to a TCU drug test - "What can they do? Eighty-two people failed it."

How bout the time Patterson sent one of his thugs to pressure a teacher to keep certified psycho rapist Lorenzo Jones eligible?

"I felt that now, not only was I dealing with a volatile and potentially dangerous student but also an athletic department that was pressuring me to keep a student in my class who should not be there," she said.

But that fat bag of lying !@#$ had the balls to slam Baylor.

Hey TCU fans. Aint it fun to be eating a big ol pile of that !@#$ you were throwing around? But sure your disgusting gluttonous sweat bag slob of POS human being coach is Christ reborn right? Enjoy choking on your words!

BearinSoDak
This pressure to play happens at every level of sports. The issue here is the overt threat to cut playing time later if they didn't perform now. Listenbee and Maponga were big stars for TCU. For them to come out and say what they are saying is huge. These aren't fringe players with sour grapes.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

I think people mostly just want to go back to winning. It was fun when we beat teams like Liberty by 45+ and it's not fun we lose to them.
RioRata
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

Patterson would have kicked you in the nads for laying in that bed and pushed your hospital bed into the parking lot.

Seriously, he would have asked your family to leave while he spoke to you and told you if you were on life support he'd pull the plug on your respirator.

Leach would have locked him in a "shed" or placed him at mid-field and practiced around him.

cjk5h
RioRata
Johnny Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Oh come on. Who in the world would be dumb enough to do something like that???!!??!!
Thee University
RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

Leach would have locked him in a "shed" or placed him at mid-field and practiced around him.

cjk5h
We had Baylor players experience career ending injuries during PRACTICE DRILLS and we did not stop and cry about it or complain. The coach just moved the drills up 15 yards to give the trainers some temporary space to get the injured player stabilized and off the field.

Obviously Patterson is old school which makes you millenials pucker up. Hard to argue the results as it has produced 12 Top 25 finishes since 2000. He is 160-57 (.737).

Relax boys. It is a great rivalry and is now 53-53-7.
Heisman25g
Thee might be the least intelligent person I have come across while reading fan message boards
NoBSU
Heisman25g said:

Thee might be the least intelligent person I have come across while reading fan message boards
Says the Rookie alt nic.
Michibear
hodedofome said:

Can anyone confirm Pat locked a kid in a shed? That might get us somewhere.
GPK5H.

That's all I'm sayin....
oldbear69
Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h
We had Baylor players experience career ending injuries during PRACTICE DRILLS and we did not stop and cry about it or complain. The coach just moved the drills up 15 yards to give the trainers some temporary space to get the injured player stabilized and off the field.

Obviously Patterson is old school which makes you millenials pucker up. Hard to argue the results as it has produced 12 Top 25 finishes since 2000. He is 160-57 (.737).

Thee...still cheering for fat pat.....forgot to mention 109 of those 160 wins were in the mwc and cusa.......rah-rah-rah....
Thee University
Heisman25g said:

Honesty and truth are tough on you aren't they?
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

Thee...still cheering for fat pat.....forgot to mention 109 of those 160 wins were in the mwc and cusa.......rah-rah-rah....
I was hoping you would say that.

During the time we were languishing and playing doormat in the fledgling Big 12 poor TCU whipped our asses in 2007 & 2010 to the combined scores of 72-10. They beat the likes of Oklahoma, Tulane, UH, BYU, Stanford a few times, Virginia, Boise State and Clemson just to name a few.

In the 2010 season when they went 13-0 they beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. That Badger team beat #1 Ohio State 31-18 that year.

30% of the Baylor wins over those years were against the likes of Sam Houston, Stephen F, Wofford, etc.

It does not matter which conference you put Patterson in, he will win. They hit the Big 12 in 2012 and kicked our @$$#$ in Waco 49-21.

I'm not cheering for Patterson. I just think he is an excellent football coach and has proven it time and time again.

Donning Arthur's gang banger robe.........................TRUTH DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
80sBEAR
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

I was hoping you would say that.

During the time we were languishing and playing doormat in the fledgling Big 12 poor TCU whipped our asses in 2007 & 2010 to the combined scores of 72-10. They beat the likes of Oklahoma, Tulane, UH, BYU, Stanford a few times, Virginia, Boise State and Clemson just to name a few.

In the 2010 season when they went 13-0 they beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. That Badger team beat #1 Ohio State 31-18 that year.

30% of the Baylor wins over those years were against the likes of Sam Houston, Stephen F, Wofford, etc.

It does not matter which conference you put Patterson in, he will win. They hit the Big 12 in 2012 and kicked our @$$#$ in Waco 49-21.

I'm not cheering for Patterson. I just think he is an excellent football coach and has proven it time and time again.

Donning Arthur's gang banger robe.........................TRUTH DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
On this we agree. Gary Patterson IS a great football coach. Still not sure why you believe Matt Rhule is qualified to wash Patterson's sweaty and skid marked underwear. You do love you some Matty. I have no doubt your loyalty will be rewarded.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
snarebear55
Thee University said:

That's not a good argument. Every school has players get injured in practice. Obviously, playing football there's huge injury risk. But there's a difference when you're intentionally putting injured players in harms way. If 'practice drill' injuries and whatnot are no big deal, then how come TCU, and basically just TCU/Patterson, are being singled out. Surely anyone can see that whatever went on at TCU went far beyond what was sensible.

Really, the only rational argument that Patterson did nothing wrong is that his crybaby, loser attitude rubbed off on several of his players. Which explains why former TCU players are the only ones who are making a fuss over nothing. The real crime was spending too much time around GP. This is an argument I can accept.
BU25
NoBSU said:

Heisman25g said:

Says the Rookie alt nic.

He's been posting for years on BaylorFans...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.