Football
Sponsored by

Six ex-tcu players will testify that Gary Patterson abused them

38,522 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MrGolfguy
NoBSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BU25 said:

NoBSU said:

Heisman25g said:

Thee might be the least intelligent person I have come across while reading fan message boards
Says the Rookie alt nic.
Thanks for the info. Never noticed the username.

He's been posting for years on BaylorFans...
oldbear69
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I can't speak to their specific claims, but I know few universities that let their head coaches be the first one to greet a player after a serious surgery.

Mrs. Teaff was there for me when I awoke from my knee surgery, 3 days in a row she came to visit me...

Weak.

Patterson would have kicked you in the nads for laying in that bed and pushed your hospital bed into the parking lot.

Seriously, he would have asked your family to leave while he spoke to you and told you if you were on life support he'd pull the plug on your respirator.

Leach would have locked him in a "shed" or placed him at mid-field and practiced around him.

cjk5h
We had Baylor players experience career ending injuries during PRACTICE DRILLS and we did not stop and cry about it or complain. The coach just moved the drills up 15 yards to give the trainers some temporary space to get the injured player stabilized and off the field.

Obviously Patterson is old school which makes you millenials pucker up. Hard to argue the results as it has produced 12 Top 25 finishes since 2000. He is 160-57 (.737).

Relax boys. It is a great rivalry and is now 53-53-7.
Thee...still cheering for fat pat.....forgot to mention 109 of those 160 wins were in the mwc and cusa.......rah-rah-rah....
I was hoping you would say that.

During the time we were languishing and playing doormat in the fledgling Big 12 poor TCU whipped our asses in 2007 & 2010 to the combined scores of 72-10. They beat the likes of Oklahoma, Tulane, UH, BYU, Stanford a few times, Virginia, Boise State and Clemson just to name a few.

In the 2010 season when they went 13-0 they beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. That Badger team beat #1 Ohio State 31-18 that year.

30% of the Baylor wins over those years were against the likes of Sam Houston, Stephen F, Wofford, etc.

It does not matter which conference you put Patterson in, he will win. They hit the Big 12 in 2012 and kicked our @$$#$ in Waco 49-21.

I'm not cheering for Patterson. I just think he is an excellent football coach and has proven it time and time again.

Donning Arthur's gang banger robe.........................TRUTH DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
truth dont lie...but thee can sure shade it a little,,,,,its one thing to be in a mid level conf with cupcakes and schedule one good team a year,,,,, not defending our program at all during that time,,,,we were the worst of the worst but its one thing to cherry pick 1 good game a year and its another thing to have to strap it up every sat against the likes of ou, texas am, nebraska, k state , osu, missouri, and colorado during their good years....oh yea , like the way you throw tulane and houston.. in there as quality wins,,,,check their records from 2003 - 2010....we basically had no program after grant left, outmanned and out coached, a bad combination,,, but please tap the brakes on the second coming of your heroine ,,paddy boy,,,,,its beneath even you,,,
Thee University
snarebear55 said:

Thee University said:

We had Baylor players experience career ending injuries during PRACTICE DRILLS and we did not stop and cry about it or complain. The coach just moved the drills up 15 yards to give the trainers some temporary space to get the injured player stabilized and off the field.
That's not a good argument. Every school has players get injured in practice. Obviously, playing football there's huge injury risk. But there's a difference when you're intentionally putting injured players in harms way. If 'practice drill' injuries and whatnot are no big deal, then how come TCU, and basically just TCU/Patterson, are being singled out. Surely anyone can see that whatever went on at TCU went far beyond what was sensible.

Really, the only rational argument that Patterson did nothing wrong is that his crybaby, loser attitude rubbed off on several of his players. Which explains why former TCU players are the only ones who are making a fuss over nothing. The real crime was spending too much time around GP. This is an argument I can accept.
My point was that what Patterson and his staff are being accused of goes on everywhere. Players are pushed, prodded and feel pressured to play. Far too often the player's injury short-circuits their career (or they feel the coach is to blame) and they want someone to pay for their misfortune.

I believe that we are going to see more and more players exploring legal avenues ($$$$$) when injured, when playing injured, when losing their starting positions to some sort of injury (major and minor) or when things just don't go their way and they believe they can mount a "legal" attack on their respective schools. It is a millenial sign of the times. Got to blame someone. Got to make the evil giant pay. Got to give it a shot to see if they can get some cash flow.

Patterson's sideline antics are not isolated to TCU. However, what he does is normally done by an assistant/position coach. If Patterson had his own pit bull and stayed out of the fray and away from the tv cameras he would not be in this position.

Players are seeing the $$$$ that can be made out there and siezing upon an opportunity to walk away from the university feeling like they got back the $$$f the school cost them.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
As much as I dislike TCU I hate to see this crap infesting football.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I can't speak to their specific claims, but I know few universities that let their head coaches be the first one to greet a player after a serious surgery.

Mrs. Teaff was there for me when I awoke from my knee surgery, 3 days in a row she came to visit me...

Weak.

Patterson would have kicked you in the nads for laying in that bed and pushed your hospital bed into the parking lot.

Seriously, he would have asked your family to leave while he spoke to you and told you if you were on life support he'd pull the plug on your respirator.

Leach would have locked him in a "shed" or placed him at mid-field and practiced around him.

cjk5h

Obviously Patterson is old school which makes you millenials pucker up. Hard to argue the results as it has produced 12 Top 25 finishes since 2000. He is 160-57 (.737).

Thee...still cheering for fat pat.....forgot to mention 109 of those 160 wins were in the mwc and cusa.......rah-rah-rah....

During the time we were languishing and playing doormat in the fledgling Big 12 poor TCU whipped our asses in 2007 & 2010 to the combined scores of 72-10. They beat the likes of Oklahoma, Tulane, UH, BYU, Stanford a few times, Virginia, Boise State and Clemson just to name a few.

In the 2010 season when they went 13-0 they beat #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. That Badger team beat #1 Ohio State 31-18 that year.

30% of the Baylor wins over those years were against the likes of Sam Houston, Stephen F, Wofford, etc.

It does not matter which conference you put Patterson in, he will win. They hit the Big 12 in 2012 and kicked our @$$#$ in Waco 49-21.

I'm not cheering for Patterson. I just think he is an excellent football coach and has proven it time and time again.

Donning Arthur's gang banger robe.........................TRUTH DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
truth dont lie...but thee can sure shade it a little,,,,,its one thing to be in a mid level conf with cupcakes and schedule one good team a year,,,,, not defending our program at all during that time,,,,we were the worst of the worst but its one thing to cherry pick 1 good game a year and its another thing to have to strap it up every sat against the likes of ou, texas am, nebraska, k state , osu, missouri, and colorado during their good years....oh yea , like the way you throw tulane and houston.. in there as quality wins,,,,check their records from 2003 - 2010....we basically had no program after grant left, outmanned and out coached, a bad combination,,, but please tap the brakes on the second coming of your heroine ,,paddy boy,,,,,its beneath even you,,,
Many on here like to belittle what TCU did after leaving the SWC and before getting into the Big 12 but they kicked our @$$#$ during this time, they beat some good teams, they did NOT choke in the Rose bowl and they prepared for an opportunity that would come eventually to join the Big 12.

The Big 12 had patsies. Heck, Baylor was that patsy from 1996 to 2010 but the Rice was Kansas, the old TCU was Iowa State and Texas Tech was Texas Tech.

I personally think Baylor would have been better off taking the TCU route for those 14 years or so since we had poor leadership and were woefully unprepared for what we were getting into. Winning against WAC, CUSA and MW team like BYU, Air Force, SDSU, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico and UNLV can be more positive in the long run than getting bashed like we did for 15 years.

The Toads finished in the Top 25 12 times over the past 17 years. Beyond that, even while mired in a "red headed step child" conference they finished #9 twice, #7 twice, #6 once, #3 once and #2 in 2010. Not bad for being in a cupcake conference. I suppose one reason was that TCU did not run from competition during those years. Hell, they beat us 27-0 in 2007 and 45-10 in 2010 when they won the Rose Bowl.

Downplay it all you like. Had BU done this all of you guys would have gladly traded Arthur's paper tiger seasons with Patterson's meat & potato seasons.
RegentCoverup
Thee University said:

snarebear55 said:

Thee University said:

That's not a good argument. Every school has players get injured in practice. Obviously, playing football there's huge injury risk. But there's a difference when you're intentionally putting injured players in harms way. If 'practice drill' injuries and whatnot are no big deal, then how come TCU, and basically just TCU/Patterson, are being singled out. Surely anyone can see that whatever went on at TCU went far beyond what was sensible.

Really, the only rational argument that Patterson did nothing wrong is that his crybaby, loser attitude rubbed off on several of his players. Which explains why former TCU players are the only ones who are making a fuss over nothing. The real crime was spending too much time around GP. This is an argument I can accept.
My point was that what Patterson and his staff are being accused of goes on everywhere. Players are pushed, prodded and feel pressured to play. Far too often the player's injury short-circuits their career (or they feel the coach is to blame) and they want someone to pay for their misfortune.

I
You're right about this, but here is the key difference as it regards Patterson.

If the player is a starter, Patterson will be standing outside the surgery room while the case is underway. He will be the first person the player sees when their eyes open and he doesn't hesitate to tell them that they will be off the team if they don't jump out of recovery. And he does this in full view of parents, family members and hospital staff. There has been conflict related to this and the Startlegram avoided it.

Everything you're saying is true. But Patterson might be one of the DUMBEST coaches on Earth to think that parents think this is acceptable and that's someone wouldn't notice this.

If he were smart enough to AT LEAST stay on campus, this might have never come up. But that's how arrogant this loser is..
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
RegentCoverup
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

LI can't speak to their specific claims, but I know few universities that let their head coaches be the first one to greet a player after a serious surgery.

Weak.

cjk5h

I'm

The Big 12 had patsies. Heck, Baylor was that patsy from 1996 to 2010 but the Rice was Kansas, the old TCU was Iowa State and Texas Tech was Texas Tech.

A closer examination of the supposedly "Big 8," would reveal that there were really only two teams that were worth a flip in that conference. The remaining six had questionable credentials.

If this counference were truly about economics, TV footprint, and not bizarre state school politics, we would not have two teams from Oklahoma, with a population of 3 million, and two teams from Kansas with 3mil as well.

Losing A&m because of UT ignorance was a death blow. The State f Texas deserves better representation than just four teams.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
oldbear69
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

Many on here like to belittle what TCU did after leaving the SWC and before getting into the Big 12 but they kicked our @$$#$ during this time, they beat some good teams, they did NOT choke in the Rose bowl and they prepared for an opportunity that would come eventually to join the Big 12.

I personally think Baylor would have been better off taking the TCU route for those 14 years or so since we had poor leadership and were woefully unprepared for what we were getting into. Winning against WAC, CUSA and MW team like BYU, Air Force, SDSU, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico and UNLV can be more positive in the long run than getting bashed like we did for 15 years.

The Toads finished in the Top 25 12 times over the past 17 years. Beyond that, even while mired in a "red headed step child" conference they finished #9 twice, #7 twice, #6 once, #3 once and #2 in 2010. Not bad for being in a cupcake conference. I suppose one reason was that TCU did not run from competition during those years. Hell, they beat us 27-0 in 2007 and 45-10 in 2010 when they won the Rose Bowl.

Downplay it all you like. Had BU done this all of you guys would have gladly traded Arthur's paper tiger seasons with Patterson's meat & potato seasons.

thee you are the Spinmeister....
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

TCU - 17
Baylor - 7

TCU - 27
Baylor - 0

TCU - 45
Baylor - 10

2012 - Welcome to the Big 12!
TCU - 49
Baylor - 21

2011 Rose Bowl
TCU - 21
Wisconsin - 19

oldbear69
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

TCU - 17
Baylor - 7

TCU - 27
Baylor - 0

TCU - 45
Baylor - 10

2012 - Welcome to the Big 12!
TCU - 49
Baylor - 21

2011 Rose Bowl
TCU - 21
Wisconsin - 19

......ok, while the toads are playing the likes wyoming, army ,airforce, unlv, tulane , houston, uam east carolina and whoever else was in the mac, wac, and crack conf..they could afford to cherry pick one really good team....maybe play 1 ranked team not counting the bowl game.......we were terrible , awful and the doormat of the big 12, but at least we were getting our a$$ es hande to us by, texas , ou , aggy, osu, kstate, nebraska, missouri, tech and colorado, and yes even iowa state....let tcu, strap it up every sat, against murderer's row and guaranteed 3/4 conf losses.. .here comes the 5-6, 6-6 , 7-5 , seasons,,,,good bye to all those nat rankings and forget the rose bowl......
......remember the last decade of the old swc,, the 90s,,,we owned the toads,,and then we lost our way,,,into the wilderness and the dark hole......but at least we got paid for our beatings, and the big 12 $$$$ helped upgrade our facilities and othe programs,,,,,,
........and also,,,,im sure i dont need to remind you that as bad as we were and maybe again,,,,,,we have something that the doughboy covets from us,,,,,,,,back to back big 12 championships...........
.......now thee, please stop being fattys sweat towel boy,,,,its beneath you...and besides he's not ready for sainthood...
LBKBEAR
Wait, Thee, can you give us one of the old rants we used to know and love about TCU being a pencil neck for most of the last 20 years? We know you would have been crying the whole time if we had been getting conference championships in the mountain conference. You were absolutely bawling during the Power 5 conference championship years. You crying was actually a major part of the old board. You kept traffic up. I'm sure Jason is grateful.
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

......ok, while the toads are playing the likes wyoming, army ,airforce, unlv, tulane , houston, uam east carolina and whoever else was in the mac, wac, and crack conf..they could afford to cherry pick one really good team....maybe play 1 ranked team not counting the bowl game.......we were terrible , awful and the doormat of the big 12, but at least we were getting our a$$ es hande to us by, texas , ou , aggy, osu, kstate, nebraska, missouri, tech and colorado, and yes even iowa state....let tcu, strap it up every sat, against murderer's row and guaranteed 3/4 conf losses.. .here comes the 5-6, 6-6 , 7-5 , seasons,,,,good bye to all those nat rankings and forget the rose bowl......
......remember the last decade of the old swc,, the 90s,,,we owned the toads,,and then we lost our way,,,into the wilderness and the dark hole......but at least we got paid for our beatings, and the big 12 $$$$ helped upgrade our facilities and othe programs,,,,,,
........and also,,,,im sure i dont need to remind you that as bad as we were and maybe again,,,,,,we have something that the doughboy covets from us,,,,,,,,back to back big 12 championships...........
.......now thee, please stop being fattys sweat towel boy,,,,its beneath you...and besides he's not ready for sainthood...
Hilarious!

This is a program that understood the hand dealt them and instead of crying about it, curling up in a fetal position and blaming UT/ESPN/ANYBODY decided to make the best of it.

They ended up ranked in the top 10 the following years

2005 - #9
2008 - #7
2009 - #6
2010 - #2
2014 - #3
2015 - #7
2016 - #9

That was the UPI/Coaches rankings. You have not shown nor exhibited a propensity to understand football so you saying TCU would have finished at .500 or sub .500 if they had been playing in the Big 12 when we struggled to win 3 games per year, I have to laugh.

Using your logic I can say that had Patterson been in charge in the 90's it is very likely that we would have been suffering beatings at the hands of the Toads on a regular basis. At least we got paid? Nobody respects the doormat. We failed across the board.

Help me out again. TCU has the same trophy you claim is our 2nd Big 12 trophy. How did that happen? Oh..........wait...............I see it now. The hillbillies bent us over a log to the tune of 27-41 and then one of the largest collapses in bowl history to the Spartans really solidified that CO-Championship. What did the Toads do? They went to the Peach Bowl and shellacked #9 Ole Miss 42-3. Ole Miss was held to 19 yards rushing and 120 passing. Bennett's D gave up 139 yards in less than 1 QUARTER!

Truth Don't Lie!
hodedofome
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Hilarious!

This is a program that understood the hand dealt them and instead of crying about it, curling up in a fetal position and blaming UT/ESPN/ANYBODY decided to make the best of it.

2005 - #9
2008 - #7
2009 - #6
2010 - #2
2014 - #3
2015 - #7
2016 - #9

That was the UPI/Coaches rankings. You have not shown nor exhibited a propensity to understand football so you saying TCU would have finished at .500 or sub .500 if they had been playing in the Big 12 when we struggled to win 3 games per year, I have to laugh.

Using your logic I can say that had Patterson been in charge in the 90's it is very likely that we would have been suffering beatings at the hands of the Toads on a regular basis. At least we got paid? Nobody respects the doormat. We failed across the board.

Help me out again. TCU has the same trophy you claim is our 2nd Big 12 trophy. How did that happen? Oh..........wait...............I see it now. The hillbillies bent us over a log to the tune of 27-41 and then one of the largest collapses in bowl history to the Spartans really solidified that CO-Championship. What did the Toads do? They went to the Peach Bowl and shellacked #9 Ole Miss 42-3. Ole Miss was held to 19 yards rushing and 120 passing. Bennett's D gave up 139 yards in less than 1 QUARTER!

Truth Don't Lie!
I'm not here to argue TCU is good. They are. But that Ole Miss team was a shell of the team that got them to that Peach Bowl.
Thee University
hodedofome said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Hilarious!

2005 - #9
2008 - #7
2009 - #6
2010 - #2
2014 - #3
2015 - #7
2016 - #9

Truth Don't Lie!
I'm not here to argue TCU is good. They are. But that Ole Miss team was a shell of the team that got them to that Peach Bowl.
Like maybe UCLA or North Carolina or Boise State?
Robert Wilson
Thee University. said:

That UNC team had just taken Clemson down to the wire in the ACC Championship game. And we beat the hell out of them playing the game of football without a quarterback. Ran for over 600 yards. Most rushing yards ever in a bowl game. Period. You can whine about anything.
boognish_bear
Verbal abuse allegations just cost CSU b-ball coach his job

boognish_bear
Surf Oso said:

LBKBEAR said:

I'm just curious to see if TCU will hire anyone to look in to the allegations or if they will go the route of saying 'this isn't what it looks like. We asked Gary and he said it's fine'. That worked pretty well for MSU and Tennessee.
MSU isn't over. Far from it. They have the feds involved b/c of the USOC/USA Gymnastics angle

I think he meant the MSU fball and b-ball programs. Seems like the heat is off of them now.
Beartrack
TellMeYouLove, Surly you have forgotten! You said the Big 8 only had 2 teams worth a flip? My my how you forget.
1.Nebraska, back to back National Champs early in Big 12
2. Oklahoma many championships always in the elite conversations
3. Colorado. National championship and some very salty teams for the next decade or so
4. Missouri was tough as nails in those days
5. Kansas State. Bill Snyder was there and at the peak of his magic. He flirted with elite status off and on
6. Iowa State had some very tough teams
7. OSU Jimmy Johnson had them flying high. Before Miami. They were a force to be reckoned with and Les Miles did a great job there as well

One sorry team at that time Kansas, and they had some competitive years
Where did you come up with this Big 8 Slouch stuff. When the t
Big 12 came together it was the toughest conference in my opinion
That bunch of teams was a bunch of big tough slobber knockers when the new conference was formed
Originally BearTracks 🐻 on BF
Thee University
Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

That UNC team had just taken Clemson down to the wire in the ACC Championship game. And we beat the hell out of them playing the game of football without a quarterback. Ran for over 600 yards. Most rushing yards ever in a bowl game. Period. You can whine about anything.
UNC was horrible and we were very good. The sad thing is that we could have done that same thing to UT and TCU to win 2 more games but our "braintrust" said no, let's throw hail mary's in a monsoon and then let one of the worst UT teams in modern history come into McLane and give us a pigskin enema in the Mall Fight.

What could have been my friend. What could have been!!!!!
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

UNC was horrible and we were very good. The sad thing is that we could have done that same thing to UT and TCU to win 2 more games but our "braintrust" said no, let's throw hail mary's in a monsoon and then let one of the worst UT teams in modern history come into McLane and give us a pigskin enema in the Mall Fight.

Still better than one win.
Robert Wilson
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

True, but do not fall into his pot of *****iness.

We beat the #8 team in the country badly, just after they took Clemson to the last minute en route to the NC game.

We did this without a QB (can you think of another modern example of this?) and set an all time rushing record for a bowl game.

Notched another double digit win season.

If that's not a good win then Baylor hasn't had more than a few in its entire history.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

Poor leadership and being woefully unprepared continue to be defining characteristics for leadership at Baylor. I'm actually relieved that Baylor made the original Big 12 because if they hadn't, given the ineptitude displayed by Baylor leadership, there is ZERO chance we'd be in the Big 12 today.
YoakDaddy
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

smp13 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Weak.

cjk5h

Poor leadership and being woefully unprepared continue to be defining characteristics for leadership at Baylor. I'm actually relieved that Baylor made the original Big 12 because if they hadn't, given the ineptitude displayed by Baylor leadership, there is ZERO chance we'd be in the Big 12 today.

And will be the likely cause we're left out of the Big 12 during the next realignment.
Chanceux
Just so we're clear Patterson was !@#$ talking doctors because they pulled kids for concussions. This aint oh he got a booboo and cried about it. Its ridiculous that somebody wants to take that kind of stance when we all know now what kind of long term damage concussions do to the brain.
Thee University
hodedofome said:

Wimbearly said:

I can add that I spoke to the mother of a young man who was a starter at TCU but he got severely hurt at the start of his senior year. She said he loved TCU and even refused to let the medical staff cut off his jersey when he was being helped. What sent the mother in to orbit was that no one from the TCU coaching staff ever came to see him in the hospital. She finally had to go up to Patterson's office and demand he or a coach go visit her son. I was amazed that she still is a TCU fan. Family at TCU is a one way street once you get hurt and they don't need you.
This wouldn't surprise me. It is not a stretch to imagine the culture Gary runs is 100% business and they really don't care about you if you can't help them win.

You would think recruits and parents would understand this before signing up for his program.
I've got news for you guys...............it is like this at every school and particularly the blue blood schools. You are an expendable piece of the machine and you are replaceable. The higher the stakes are at a particular school, the less they TRULY care for you when you get hurt. It also depends if you have an injury that can be rehabbed and you possess the right attitude to get back to 100% contribution. If you are done or never again 100%, they will cover your scholarship and wish you well or find some way to keep you busy and involved. If you are a Nugg or 2nd or 3rd teamer you are likely forgotten.

A few schools/staffs do make an effort to keep the kids feeling wanted but those kids who arrive with big egos and think they are owed something no matter how much they contribute are in for a tough time 9 times out of 10.

I suspect a few of these Toad boys are feeling left out and wanting to try to get their hands on some $$$ since this is in the news nationwide now.

A few may have a valid complaint but in the long run the scholarship, if they graduate, is payment enough.
oldbear69
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Hilarious!

2005 - #9
2008 - #7
2009 - #6
2010 - #2
2014 - #3
2015 - #7
2016 - #9

Truth Don't Lie!
61-58...and back to back Big 12 Champions,,,,,,,spin it thee...pattersons new water boy....
bearlyafarmer
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

Way.
Forest Bueller
Robert Wilson said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

True, but do not fall into his pot of *****iness.

We beat the #8 team in the country badly, just after they took Clemson to the last minute en route to the NC game.

If that's not a good win then Baylor hasn't had more than a few in its entire history.

Still think UNC got that onside kick at the end against Clemson. That was a great win.
Doc Holliday
TCU scandal heating up.

Gary Patterson needs to defend himself by star telegram:

Quote:

As far as what Gary thinks about all of this?
Who knows? He's not talking.
He should. His character and his program are headed to trial.
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article201668204.html

Thee University
oldbear69 said:

Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

Hilarious!

2005 - #9
2008 - #7
2009 - #6
2010 - #2
2014 - #3
2015 - #7
2016 - #9

Truth Don't Lie!
61-58...and back to back Big 12 Champions,,,,,,,spin it thee...pattersons new water boy...

Once again.

They ended up ranked in the top 10 the following years. How many times did BU end the season ranked in the Top 10?

2005 - #9
2008 - #7
2009 - #6
2010 - #2
2014 - #3
2015 - #7
2016 - #9

Truth Don't Lie!

Thee University
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

Of course it is.

4 of the first 5 years your savior had a losing record in Big 12 play and he had RG3 working for him.

Rhule's 1 win in conference play was 1 game worse than Arthur's 2 Big 12 wins in 2008.

Briles matched Rhules 1 conference win in 2009 and had Wake Forest, NWestern State and Kent State to get those glorious 4 wins.

Year 3 was Arthur's breakl out year! Will Rhule get 3?

Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

Of course it is.

4 of the first 5 years your savior had a losing record in Big 12 play and he had RG3 working for him.

Rhule's 1 win in conference play was 1 game worse than Arthur's 2 Big 12 wins in 2008.

Briles matched Rhules 1 conference win in 2009 and had Wake Forest, NWestern State and Kent State to get those glorious 4 wins.

Quote:

Nah it was much worse. Rhule had more talent, money, resources and lost to Liberty and UTSA.

Briles had RG3, Floyd Casey and sh*t program.

EvilTroyAndAbed
Good Lord, Thee really gets on his knees for TCU. You can easily buy some purple and head over there. We won't miss you.
LionBear
Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

Robert Wilson said:

Thee University. said:

Of course it is.

CMR will get 3 years. If things don't start improving in 2018 (5-6) wins and 2019 (more than that) then you might see the pressure start to build.

Thee -- none of the "graduates" here want to acknowledge what the rest of us know -- Rhule was handed a Gigantic Disaster of a Program. We basically had two full recruiting classes vaporized. That might has well have been a death penalty. Was it Art's fault? Was it Ian's fault? What is it the Board's fault? Was it Starr's fault? The answer is EVERYONE had a hand in the Giant Disaster.

CMR seems to now have won the hearts and minds of his players, the administration and a decent chunk of the fan base.

He needs to now "win on the field" this upcoming season to put all the rest of this stuff in our rear view mirror.

Can he do it? That's why they play the games, right? We will see.

Thee University
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Good Lord, Thee really gets on his knees for TCU. You can easily buy some purple and head over there. We won't miss you.
Not really. I just admit the obvious. Patterson is a great coach and gets results. He understands that there are 3 aspects of winning college football games - O, D & ST.

• 28th winningest program today
  • 4th best private school program behind ND, USC & Miami
  • One of only 4 FBS teams to have played in all 6 College Football Playoff Bowls winning all but the Fiesta & Orange
  • 10, count them, 10 11 win seasons under Patterson
  • 4th most 11 win seasons in all of college football since 2001
  • Currently 2nd longest tenured D1 coach in football
  • 160-57
  • 10-6 in bowl games

Cry about Patterson. Call him names. Hope he gets sued and fired. He is a great college football coach. His rebuild of the TCU program was even harder than what we had to do here at Baylor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.