Football
Sponsored by

Around the Big 12

39,220 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BiPolarBear
Wolf 359
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

The Big 12 needs to have Texas good again.
I've never had any of these guys that keep pushing this meme explain why the Big 12 needs a resurgent Texas! I can somewhat see the argument that the Big 12 needs more than one "good" team but why must it be Texas? Why not an Oklahoma State, West Virginia, or anyone else that is considered consistently good (more or less), as opposed to a Cinderella team that has a hot hand for one year then falls back like Iowa State or Kansas a few years back.

And how resurgent does Dodd and the rest feel Texas needs to be? Having gone 6-6 recently, would a routinely 8-4 or 9-3 Texas be "back" enough or would it take a one or two loss Horn team that is consistently ranked in the Top 10?

Also, what additional benefit would the Big 12 get from having the same two teams (namely OU and Texas) play in the conference championship game every year? Are these folks basically saying that all the other Big 12 teams "need not apply" and should be relegated to "cannon-fodder" status, just to pad the big boys record!

Even Dodd admits in this article that the Big 12 is actually in pretty good shape, financially and in national perception, much better than even three or four years ago when there was all the talk that the Big 12 was only moments away from closing up shop. Today the Big 12 sits right smack dab in the middle of the Power 5 conferences and what's wrong with that?
WILLIS
Things like t shirt fans, 50,000 students/half a million living alumni/tv ratings make Texas being really good again worth something to the media, conference prestige, playoffs, all that crap. Their revenue when they are conference championship level good is probably the bottom 4 schools in big 12 combined. You can't just make up a new blue blood like Iowa state and expect people to tune in like a school with decades of winning and massive following.

So ya, it's worth a lot of coin and helps our cause to get into a playoff someday if we knock off a really good Texas team vs a really good Iowa State team. (Provided they continue to use the BS committee system they have now)
MrGolfguy
I hate the horns, i hope they suck forever
Russell Gym
Wolf 359 said:

Quote:

The Big 12 needs to have Texas good again.
I've never had any of these guys that keep pushing this meme explain why the Big 12 needs a resurgent Texas! I can somewhat see the argument that the Big 12 needs more than one "good" team but why must it be Texas? Why not an Oklahoma State, West Virginia, or anyone else that is considered consistently good (more or less), as opposed to a Cinderella team that has a hot hand for one year then falls back like Iowa State or Kansas a few years back.

And how resurgent does Dodd and the rest feel Texas needs to be? Having gone 6-6 recently, would a routinely 8-4 or 9-3 Texas be "back" enough or would it take a one or two loss Horn team that is consistently ranked in the Top 10?

Also, what additional benefit would the Big 12 get from having the same two teams (namely OU and Texas) play in the conference championship game every year? Are these folks basically saying that all the other Big 12 teams "need not apply" and should be relegated to "cannon-fodder" status, just to pad the big boys record!

Even Dodd admits in this article that the Big 12 is actually in pretty good shape, financially and in national perception, much better than even three or four years ago when there was all the talk that the Big 12 was only moments away from closing up shop. Today the Big 12 sits right smack dab in the middle of the Power 5 conferences and what's wrong with that?

To those that fail to think or do homework, Texas with a good record equals strong Big 12. Others with good records equal weak Big 12.

Analysis done. Lots in this camp. Most are lazy or don't really know football.
Wolf 359
WILLIS said:

So ya, it's worth a lot of coin and helps our cause to get into a playoff someday if we knock off a really good Texas team vs a really good Iowa State team. (Provided they continue to use the BS committee system they have now)
Yeah, I get that part and agree with it but I guess the point I was trying to make is that the media people that keep pushing this idea that a "new and improved" Texas is required for the Big 12 to succeed don't seem to think that a Texas that is "back" to the tune of 8-4 or even 9-3 records and ranked in the 20 to 15 range is back enough!

They seem to want OU and Texas to dominate the rest of the conference to the tune of annual Top 10 match-ups in the conference championship but what other Big 12 member would enjoy a season where you're chronically playing for a berth in the Alamo Bowl or Texas Bowl.

I don't have a problem with Texas getting better to the point of being in the mix for the Conference Championship. But having some in the media constantly promoting the idea that Texas needs to return to dominant status or the Big 12 will not be successful is problematic . . . . not to mention annoying!
boognish_bear

Vince Young: We're looking pretty good so far. We'll see when the bullets start to fly. But right now I think Tom Herman is doing a really good job. The best work he's doing is the chemistry part. As a player, to know the guy on your right and left, that goes a long way.

When I was at Texas people were like, 'You just have a lot of talent' but behind the scenes we hung out a lot and it showed. I think Herman is doing a good job of bringing that back to Texas.
boognish_bear

Bowlsby offers no insight on Baylor situation

Bowlsby readily expounded upon every topic tossed his way Monday.

Except for one: Baylor.

In a recent story by CBS Sports, a source told national college football reporter Dennis Dodd that Baylor was worried the Big 12 would kick it out of the conference after its ongoing sexual assault scandal first surfaced in 2016.

Bowlsby refused to discuss any "specifics" about Baylor's situation.

"We are doing a verification process that is not an investigation," Bowlsby said. "It's a verification of 105 recommendations that Pepper Hamilton put forward. We are still in the process of doing that, and I expect we will bring it to a close in the not too distant future. .... We've said publicly that we will issue a written report. When we can make more comments on it, we will do so."
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

BiPolarBear
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/17/mike-gundy-confirms-qb-taylor-cornelius-is-our-guy-heading-into-camp/

Mike Gundy confirms QB Taylor Cornelius is 'our guy' heading into camp

By John TaylorJul 17, 2018, 2:58 PM EDT

In the race to replace Mason Rudolph under center, there's a clear leader in Stillwater.

Exiting spring practice, it was widely thought that Taylor Cornelius was the odds-on favorite to claim Oklahoma State's starting quarterback job. At the Big 12 Media Days Tuesday, Mike Gundy confirmed as much, stating that Cornelius "is our guy" heading into summer camp.

A former walk-on, Cornelius will enter the 2018 season as a fifth-year senior.

"When we came out of spring, we felt very comfortable with Taylor," the OSU head coach said. "He's been with us a number of years, he understands our offense. We're confident in his abilities."

While Cornelius is the favorite now, he will have a fight on his hands to remain the starter for OSU's opener Aug. 30 against Missouri State.

After not taking part in spring practice, Dru Brown and Spencer Sanders will enter the fray in early August. Brown comes to OSU as a graduate transfer from Hawaii, where he was a two-year starter for the Rainbow Warriors. Sanders was a four-star member of the Cowboys' 2018 recruiting class, rated as the No.8 dual-threat quarterback in the country on 247Sports.com's composite board.

During his time with the Cowboys, Cornelius has thrown for 220 yards on 15-of-24 passing. Six of those completions, 10 of the attempts and 148 yards came during a 2017 season in which he served as Rudolph's primary backup.
BiPolarBear
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/17/cfb-hall-of-fame-texas-tech-defensive-tackle-gabe-rivera-dubbed-senor-sack-passes-away/

CFB Hall of Fame Texas Tech defensive tackle Gabe Rivera, dubbed Seor Sack, passes away

By Zach BarnettJul 17, 2018, 6:15 PM EDT

Former Texas Tech defensive tackle Gabe Rivera passed away on Tuesday. He suffered a perforated bowel while attending a social services function on Friday night and his family was preparing to move him to hospice care when he passed on Tuesday morning. "Gabriel went home to the Lord at 9:25," Rivera's wife, Nancy, told KENS-TV in San Antonio.

A San Antonio native, Rivera played defensive tackle at Texas Tech from 1979-82, where he earned All-American status after recording 62 tackles and five sacks as a senior. "He was one of the most dominating defensive lineman to ever play the game and a loyal Red Raider throughout his life," Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said in a statement.

Selected 21st overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1983, Rivera, dubbed "Seor Sack," recorded two sacks in his first six games, but was left paraplegic after getting in an automobile crash in October.

"From the accident in '83, it took maybe five, six, eight years to get control," Rivera said in 2012. "At one time, I just changed my life and started going forward. I was mad at the world, mad at God and stuff."

He moved home to San Antonio after the injury, where he remained and raised a family until his death. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2012 and Texas Tech's Ring of Honor and had his No. 69 jersey retired in 2014.
BiPolarBear
BiPolarBear said:

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/17/cfb-hall-of-fame-texas-tech-defensive-tackle-gabe-rivera-dubbed-senor-sack-passes-away/

CFB Hall of Fame Texas Tech defensive tackle Gabe Rivera, dubbed Seor Sack, passes away

By Zach BarnettJul 17, 2018, 6:15 PM EDT

Former Texas Tech defensive tackle Gabe Rivera passed away on Tuesday. He suffered a perforated bowel while attending a social services function on Friday night and his family was preparing to move him to hospice care when he passed on Tuesday morning. "Gabriel went home to the Lord at 9:25," Rivera's wife, Nancy, told KENS-TV in San Antonio.

A San Antonio native, Rivera played defensive tackle at Texas Tech from 1979-82, where he earned All-American status after recording 62 tackles and five sacks as a senior. "He was one of the most dominating defensive lineman to ever play the game and a loyal Red Raider throughout his life," Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said in a statement.

Selected 21st overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1983, Rivera, dubbed "Seor Sack," recorded two sacks in his first six games, but was left paraplegic after getting in an automobile crash in October.

"From the accident in '83, it took maybe five, six, eight years to get control," Rivera said in 2012. "At one time, I just changed my life and started going forward. I was mad at the world, mad at God and stuff."

He moved home to San Antonio after the injury, where he remained and raised a family until his death. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2012 and Texas Tech's Ring of Honor and had his No. 69 jersey retired in 2014.
For all of us Old F@rts who loved the SWC this is a loss.
cinque
boognish_bear said:

Three Big 12 athletic directors appeared in the Top 10 on the list, led by Texas Tech's Kirby Hocutt. Hocutt checked in at No. 5, with a total compensation of $1.45 million. Hocutt earned an Under Armour Athletic Director of the Year Award in 2018.
Chris Del Conte, who came to Texas from TCU last year, is right behind Hocutt at No. 6 on the list. Del Conte earns $1.44 million a year, according to USA Today. His move from the Horned Frogs to the Longhorns shook up the Big 12 in a major way. He raised buckets of money while at TCU and has embarked on a statewide tour in his first year at Texas to secure funds for the Longhorns.
Oklahoma's Joe Castiglione appears at No. 9 on the list, earning $1.15 million in the last year. Castiglione long has been one of the most respected athletic directors in the country. He recently signed a contract extension that raises his total compensation to $1.55 million, which would move him to at least the No. 3 spot, tied with Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez.
cinque
Oklahoma State's new video board:

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Article/Updating-Cowboy-football-on-various-fronts-including-stadium-video-board-and-office-displays-Oklahoma-State-football-Go-Pokes-247Sports-119742636/
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BiPolarBear
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/18/deshon-elliott-delivers-blistering-rebuke-of-texas-coaching-staff-in-twitter-tongue-lashing/

DeShon Elliott delivers blistering rebuke of Texas coaching staff in Twitter tongue-lashing

By John TaylorJul 18, 2018, 1:30 PM EDT

Don't expect DeShon Elliott and most of the Texas coaching staff to be exchanging Christmas cards this holiday season.

Elliott in late November announced that he had decided to skip Texas' bowl game in order to begin preparing for early entry into the 2018 NFL draft. "Coach [Tom] Herman has been amazing, and I'm really excited about what he's building here," Elliott wrote in his statement regarding the Longhorns' head football coach.

Fast-forward eight months, and Elliott has done an about-face as he issued a blistering Twitter rebuke of Herman, accusing the head coach and some members of his coaching staff in a series of tweets of privately criticizing his and his teammates' decisions to leave Austin early for the NFL. The only individuals spared from Elliott's social media wrath were Craig Naivar, the safety's position coach and special teams coordinator; cornerbacks coach Jason Washington, who also serves as UT's recruiting coordinator; and defensive quality control coach Kyle Coats.

The others? You're on Elliott's spit list.

[url=https://twitter.com/OfficialShon_4][/url]DeShon Elliott

@OfficialShon_4

I'd really appreciate it if anyone on the current staff at the University of Texas Football team besides Craig Naivar , Jason Washington or Kyle Coats would keep my name out of there mouth and continue to bad talk me or any other junior that decided to leave early.
10:40 AM - Jul 18, 2018

@OfficialShon_4

I'd really appreciate it if anyone on the current staff at the University of Texas Football team besides Craig Naivar , Jason Washington or Kyle Coats would keep my name out of there mouth and continue to bad talk me or any other junior that decided to leave early.

We lead your team the best we could before making a decision to better our families. Which I believe you would do the same.

DeShon Elliott

@OfficialShon_4

Replying to @OfficialShon_4
We lead your team the best we could before making a decision to better our families. Which I believe you would do the same.

If you really "loved" your players the way you portray then you wouldn't continually talk bad about them behind closed doors. Bad mouthing us to our brothers who we played for and cried and sweat for way before you stepped on campus.

@OfficialShon_4

If you really "loved" your players the way you portray then you wouldn't continually talk bad about them behind closed doors. Bad mouthing us to our brothers who we played for and cried and sweat for way before you stepped on campus.

@OfficialShon_4

Kept my mouth quite about this, it's the complete opposite of my personality but it has to come to an end. It's been a continuous thing for far too long. - Da Joker

Elliott intercepted six passes, returning two for touchdowns, en route to being named a Jim Thorpe Award finalist in what turned out to be his final season with the Longhorns. The Baltimore Ravens selected the defensive back in the sixth round of the April draft.

As of this posting, neither Herman, who will be entering his second seasons as UT's head coach, nor the football program have responded to Elliott's accusations.
boognish_bear
NoBSU
boognish_bear said:

A KC Star columnist wrote up an interview with their new AD. It clearly stated that the target is on Beaty. I think Beaty is done at the end of the year and has no cushion. Of course the columnist was pushing for that outcome do he could have slanted it. All I could think of when reading it is they have one chance - recruiting.

Remember the old Bill Clinton 1992 election mantra? "The economy, stupid!" For KU football it is about recruiting Texas, stupid!
boognish_bear
NoBSU said:

boognish_bear said:

A KC Star columnist wrote up an interview with their new AD. It clearly stated that the target is on Beaty. I think Beaty is done at the end of the year and has no cushion. Of course the columnist was pushing for that outcome do he could have slanted it. All I could think of when reading it is they have one chance - recruiting.

Remember the old Bill Clinton 1992 election mantra? "The economy, stupid!" For KU football it is about recruiting Texas, stupid!

Well...they do get Texas at home this year so there is one win at least.

(that joke is not as funny post Liberty)
boognish_bear
BiPolarBear
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/21/after-inheriting-only-38-scholarship-players-david-beaty-hopeful-kansas-is-up-to-70-in-2018/

After inheriting only 38 scholarship players, David Beaty hopeful Kansas is up to 70 in 2018

By Bryan FischerJul 21, 2018, 12:30 PM EDT

If you had to pick the toughest program to win at the Power Five level, you would probably find near universal agreement that Kansas would be the place. Outside of that remarkable Orange Bowl run under Mark Mangino, the school has simply struggled to stay above water just about every season.

Such is the case with their current head coach in David Beaty, who is entering a critical year that could determine his job status for 2019 after going 3-33 at the school. As difficult as things have been on the field for him and his staff though, it's been compounded by the fact that the Jayhawks have had their hands tied behind their backs as the result of a severe shortage of scholarship players.

As The Athletic detailed this week in a look into the program, Beaty incredibly inherited only 38 scholarship players from Charlie Weis. 38! The scholarship math thanks in part to the buyout-in-chief was even worse than what it looked like on the surface:
Quote:

In the recruiting classes of 2012 and 2013, Weis and his staff brought in a combined 27 junior college transfers. Only two were academic qualifiers coming out of high school. Fourteen did not graduate, and 10 including touted signees Marquel Combs, Chris Martin and Kevin Short never saw the field. And then, by the end of 2014, they were all gone. So was Weis. Going into 2015, only 12 of Weis' first 56 signees were still on the roster.
Even programs with NCAA sanctions are not in that kind of hole.

"We've had to be very creative since we've got here. I daresay this just may be the most creative staff in the history of the game," Beaty said. "I've gotta laugh, because if I don't, I'll cry."
No kidding.

Beaty hopes to have KU up to 70 scholarship players this season, still 15 short of the 85 that most of the teams he'll be playing against. It's been a struggle even to get to that kind of number which makes it even more likely the Jayhawks will struggle on the field once again in 2018.
Russell Gym
BiPolarBear said:

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/21/after-inheriting-only-38-scholarship-players-david-beaty-hopeful-kansas-is-up-to-70-in-2018/

After inheriting only 38 scholarship players, David Beaty hopeful Kansas is up to 70 in 2018

By Bryan FischerJul 21, 2018, 12:30 PM EDT

If you had to pick the toughest program to win at the Power Five level, you would probably find near universal agreement that Kansas would be the place. Outside of that remarkable Orange Bowl run under Mark Mangino, the school has simply struggled to stay above water just about every season.

Such is the case with their current head coach in David Beaty, who is entering a critical year that could determine his job status for 2019 after going 3-33 at the school. As difficult as things have been on the field for him and his staff though, it's been compounded by the fact that the Jayhawks have had their hands tied behind their backs as the result of a severe shortage of scholarship players.

As The Athletic detailed this week in a look into the program, Beaty incredibly inherited only 38 scholarship players from Charlie Weis. 38! The scholarship math thanks in part to the buyout-in-chief was even worse than what it looked like on the surface:
Quote:

In the recruiting classes of 2012 and 2013, Weis and his staff brought in a combined 27 junior college transfers. Only two were academic qualifiers coming out of high school. Fourteen did not graduate, and 10 including touted signees Marquel Combs, Chris Martin and Kevin Short never saw the field. And then, by the end of 2014, they were all gone. So was Weis. Going into 2015, only 12 of Weis' first 56 signees were still on the roster.
Even programs with NCAA sanctions are not in that kind of hole.

"We've had to be very creative since we've got here. I daresay this just may be the most creative staff in the history of the game," Beaty said. "I've gotta laugh, because if I don't, I'll cry."
No kidding.

Beaty hopes to have KU up to 70 scholarship players this season, still 15 short of the 85 that most of the teams he'll be playing against. It's been a struggle even to get to that kind of number which makes it even more likely the Jayhawks will struggle on the field once again in 2018.

Coaches that know Beatty know that he is a hell of a coach and a hell of a recruiter.

Can't imagine a worse situation to take over.
BiPolarBear
Chuck CarltonVerified account @ChuckCarltonDMN 7m7 minutes ago

Defensive coordinator Mike Stoops says Oklahoma is likely to play the nickel on defense more than in past years.

Lincoln Riley confirms move of Cody Ford (6-4, 330) from guard to tackle this season. In the mix to start.

Incoming freshman DE Jalen Redmond will miss the season and redshirt, OU coach Lincoln Riley said, after being treated for a couple of blood clots.
boognish_bear
BiPolarBear said:

Chuck CarltonVerified account @ChuckCarltonDMN 7m7 minutes ago

Defensive coordinator Mike Stoops says Oklahoma is likely to play the nickel on defense more than in past years.

Lincoln Riley confirms move of Cody Ford (6-4, 330) from guard to tackle this season. In the mix to start.

Incoming freshman DE Jalen Redmond will miss the season and redshirt, OU coach Lincoln Riley said, after being treated for a couple of blood clots.

So they are gonna punish Jalen for getting injured the same way they punished Joe Mixon...
BiPolarBear
Texas LB Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault for July 4 incident

Posted July 26th, 2018

Tony Plohetski and Brian Davis
Austin American Statesman

University of Texas linebacker Demarco Boyd has been charged with misdemeanor assault stemming from an altercation following a July 4 car crash in West Austin, Assistant Police Chief Troy Gay confirmed to the American-Statesman.

Boyd turned himself into Travis County officials and was released Thursday. Austin police said the official charge is assault with injury, a class A misdemeanor.

Texas linebacker Demarco Boyd turned himself into Austin police on Thursday after being charged with misdemeanor assault. Photo by Austin police.

Boyd is accused of assaulting a 20-year-old out-of-town visitor at the scene of the crash near Enfield and Mopac (Loop 1), badly damaging a car he was in.

An arrest affidavit in the case is expected to be made public Friday. Austin police have been investigating the incident since July 4, interviewing numerous witnesses.

Boyd, a sophomore from Gilmer, has played in four career games at Texas. He redshirted in 2016 and then was used sparingly last season. He was a two-way player at Gilmer and a two-time all-state selection.

In a statement, Texas coach Tom Herman said, "We are aware of the situation with Demarco Boyd and have suspended him from all team activities at this time. We will continue to monitor the legal process and pending its completion, determine any further action."

His brother, Kris, is a defensive back with the Longhorns. Kris Boyd tweeted about the car crash at 8:41 p.m. on July 4. In his tweet, Boyd acknowledged that UT freshman B.J. Foster, a freshman safety, was also in another car that may have been part of the initial wreck.

"Our angels had they hands over us today," Kris Boyd tweeted, "@nofear_2 rear ended and smashed! We're doing a lot better. Thank you to those who reached out. Could've been gone but we here."

RegentCoverup
http://www.news9.com/story/38733067/former-ou-executive-jabar-shumate-says-he-was-wrongly-terminated

KLAHOMA CITY -
A former University of Oklahoma executive called a press conference Wednesday afternoon to detail his termination from the school and counter allegations of impropriety.
Jabar Shumate, who has served as both a state senator and representative, said he was forced to resign his position and was wrongly terminated as Vice President of the Office of University Community, which was created in the wake of a 2015 scandal involving the SAE fraternity on campus.
Shumate said he was informed the university would be removing the office, its staff and students from its location at that very fraternity house and that the SAE fraterniity would eventually be allowed to form again.
"On Monday, July 24, I was faced with two options: be terminated or resign," he said in a written statement.
Shumate also alluded to allegations he said have been made against him by the university, calling them a "high-tech lynching." Neither Shumate nor his attorney were willing to detail the accusations OU is making against him, adding that the school would need to do that themselves.

Here is the entirety of Shumate's statement:
Quote:

3 years ago, I was hired by University of Oklahoma President David Boren to lead the Office of University Community as Vice President. The Office was created with the express purpose of helping the University community to heal from the wounds of unfortunate incidents of racism within the SAE Fraternity at OU by embracing diversity and inclusivity.
Along with the many changes being implemented at OU, I was recently informed that the University would be removing the Office of University Community, its staff, and students from its current location at the former SAE Fraternity House and that the fraternity would eventually be reinstituted. Then, on Monday, July 24th, I was faced with 2 options: be terminated or resign.
It is with great sadness that I must inform my family, my friends, my colleagues, my students, and the Public - that I was forced to resign my post as Vice President for the University Community. It has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life to work in this capacity at the University of Oklahoma. I wish to thank you all for the opportunity to be of service.
I am making this statement in the spirit of concern, appreciation, and respect for the institution that has given me so much and given so much to so many in this State. I am deeply affected by this and after close counsel with loved ones and legal counsel, I have decided to evaluate my legal options in response to these recent events, an option that I could never have imagined taking.
I feel forced to make this decision not only as a result of my involuntary resignation, but due to false accusations the University has made and I anticipate will be making against my character. The nature of these allegations are not only slanderous but from my perspective constitute a high tech lynching.
I believe that the current administration at the University of Oklahoma is self-inflicting damage and potentially irreparable harm to our State's flagship institution, and I hope that somehow, as Oklahomans, we can help guide the University back to its path of true excellence and commitment to diversity.
As this is a deeply emotional and trying time for me, I would request that, at this time, questions be directed to my attorney, Mrs. Lindsey Mulinix-Ewert.
Thank you.

Shumate and his attorney told reporters they were considering an EEOC claim and a discrimination lawsuit against OU.
In a statement released at 5:45 p.m., the university issued this statement about Shumate's dismissal:
Quote:

When confronted with an audit that concluded last week, which revealed a significant misuse of university assets, Jabar Shumate resigned and the university accepted his resignation. OU highly values and appreciates the position of the chief diversity officer and the office of university community. Because this was not a preplanned exit, the university has not yet named an interim chief diversity officer. We are seeking new leadership for that position immediately.
The SAE fraternity is not reopening a chapter at the University of Oklahoma and the audit and discovery of misuse of funds had nothing to do with this topic.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
xiledinok
Did Dave Boren's boy toy get the car towed at Gay Pride?
He went from making close to $40k in the Oklahoma House to Boren creating him a $240,000 a year job.
RegentCoverup
Oklahoma's story is gonna explode.

Racism, I tell ya! Need to get the Big12 to get involved and garnish their Big12 wages!

https://www.thelostogle.com/2018/07/26/the-mud-jabar-shumate-threw-at-ou-isnt-sticking/
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
BiPolarBear
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/27/florida-confirms-addition-of-west-virginia-transfer-adam-shuler/

Florida confirms addition of West Virginia transfer Adam Shuler

By John TaylorJul 27, 2018, 9:35 AM EDT

After some recent uncertainty, Florida has officially added a Power Five transfer to its roster.

On June 11, Adam Shuler took to Twitter to announce that he was transferring to Florida, a move that came four months after he decided to leave West Virginia. In early July, though, the Gators released an updated football roster and the defensive lineman's name wasn't among those listed on it.

All of that concern became moot Friday morning as UF has confirmed that Shuler is enrolled in classes at the university.

As a graduate transfer he earned his bachelor's degree in General Studies at WVU this past spring Shuler will be eligible to play immediately for the Gators in 2018. As an added bonus, the lineman will also have a year of eligibility he can use for the 2019 season as well.

Shuler, a three-star member of the Mountaineers' 2015 recruiting class, started 10 games this past season. In 12 games total in 2017,

Shuler's three sacks were tied for third on the team while his eight tackles for loss were good for solo third.
As a redshirt freshman in 2016, Shuler played in 12 games for WVU.
BiPolarBear
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/27/oklahomas-move-to-jordan-brand-is-worth-as-much-as-70-million-for-the-school/

Oklahoma's move to Jordan Brand is worth as much as $70 million for the school

We've known for a few months now that Oklahoma football has made the move from just having Nike as their apparel provider to being outfitted by the Jordan Brand starting in 2018. What we didn't know was how much the school was going to take in as a result of the new deal but to the surprise of absolutely nobody, it's quite a bit.

Per a report from the OU Daily, which obtained the new contract with the university, the Sooners take in as much as $70 million when all is said and done.
Quote:

Under the revised deal, Oklahoma's supplied product limit for apparel and product increases $6.1 million from 2017-18 to 2023-24, with the total supplied product limit for the life of the Jordan Brand deal at $49.4 million.
OU will receive $19.6 million in compensation for the brand switch. The Sooners, for all sports, were previously going to receive $1.4 million annually through 2024 but will now receive $1.78 million annually from the 2017-18 contract year through 2028.

Nearly $20 million just from going to Jordan from Nike! That figure alone is far more than many schools make over the lifetime of an apparel contract, including nearly double that old Fiesta Bowl nemesis Boise State got from Nike in their most recent extension.

"Once I noticed that the Jordan brand was interested in moving from the (basketball court) onto a different playing surface, I wanted to make sure that Oklahoma was right in the middle of that discussion," Oklahoma Athletic Director Joe Castiglione told the paper. "Because of our terrific partnership that we have with Nike, we were able to develop that interest and the discussions took off in December of 2016, and we were able to come together and make this happen."

The Sooner join others such as North Carolina and Michigan as being outfitted by the Jordan Brand on the gridiron in 2018. Terms of their new deal also extend the relationship with parent Nike through 2028 after previously being linked up until 2024.
[url=https://twitter.com/KevinOnCFB/status/1016361176266133506/photo/1][/url]

BiPolarBear
https://www.hookem.com/2018/07/28/ex-longhorn-linebacker-heads-florida-international-grad-transfe

BEVO BEAT FOOTBALL

Ex-Longhorn linebacker heads to Florida International as a grad transfer

Posted July 28th, 2018

After four years at Texas, Edwin Freeman will complete his collegiate career in Florida.

On Friday, Freeman tweeted he will transfer to Florida International. Freeman announced his departure from UT's football program earlier this summer. Since he has earned his degree from Texas, Freeman can compete at Florida International this season as a graduate transfer.

Freeman joins receiver Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (Trinity Valley Community College) and quarterback Josh Covey (Stephen F. Austin) as the players who have transferred away from UT this off-season. Only Hemphill-Mapps and Freeman were on scholarship at Texas.

A 6-1 250 pound linebacker, Freeman logged five career starts but was mostly used in a complementary role at Texas. Forty-nine of his 67 tackles at Texas were tallied in 2016. That season, Wheeler also recorded a two-turnover game against Kansas State.

Freeman was a four-star recruit out of Arlington Bowie when he signed with Texas in 2014.

Coached by Butch Davis, Florida International went 8-5 last season. Freeman will return to Texas in November when Florida International travels to Conference USA rival UT-San Antonio.
BiPolarBear
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/baker-mayfield-details-strained-relationship-with-coach-kliff-kingsbury-while-at-texas-tech/

PI$$ING WAR BETWEEN COACH KLIFF KINGSBURY OF TEXAS TECH AND BAKER MAYFIELD

Baker Mayfield details strained relationship with coach Kliff Kingsbury while at Texas Tech
Mayfield was 5-0 as a starter in his one season with Texas Tech before heading to Oklahoma

Baker Mayfield may have won the Heisman Trophy with Oklahoma, but the Austin, Texas, native hasn't forgotten his roots. Mayfield played one season with Texas Tech in 2013, the same year that coach Kliff Kingsbury arrived. The rookie Cleveland Browns quarterback went 5-0 as a starter that season, but in an interview with Fox Sports for the docuseries "All The Way Up," he said that Kingsbury treated Mayfield like a star -- before ghosting the quarterback when he sprained his MCL in a 54-16 win over Kansas.

"All of a sudden it was as if I hadn't played for him, hadn't done anything for him. It was just different after I got hurt," Mayfield said, per TMZ.

Mayfield's father, meanwhile, added that Kingsbury "completely withdrew his contact." In fact, he revealed that Kingsbury "didn't talk to Baker. He didn't include Baker in the meetings."

As for Mayfield, the final straw was when the former walk-on wasn't offered a scholarship for his efforts with Texas Tech.

"I've invested a lot into this and now you're telling me you don't have a scholarship for a guy who won 5 games after choosing to come here? That was the final straw for me," Mayfield said.

Mayfield threw eight touchdowns and five interceptions as a freshman with Texas Tech before the injury. Upon his return, he had four touchdowns and four interceptions, and Texas Tech lost to Kansas State, Baylor and Texas.

Kingsbury offered up a response to TMZ, but he doesn't seem affected by Mayfield's comments.
"I've always been a huge fan of Baker and loved working with him," he said. "He had an incredible career at Oklahoma, and I wish him nothing but continued success as he begins his NFL career."

Mayfield was drafted first overall by the Browns this past spring after a remarkable Oklahoma career. After the Red Raiders quarterback transferred to Oklahoma, he was forced to sit a season due to NCAA undergraduate transfer rules. He went on to rack up 12,292 yards and 119 touchdowns as a Sooner, and he never tallied double-digit interceptions.

BiPolarBear
http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/30/kliff-kingsbury-responds-to-baker-mayfield/

KLIFF KINGSBURYRESPONDS TO BAKER MAYFIELD... 'I'm a Huge Fan'

Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury heard all the unkind things Baker Mayfield said about him on his new docuseries -- and now, he's got some quotes of his own for his former QB.

As we previously reported, Mayfield said Kingsbury treated him GREAT at TT during his freshman year ... only to kick him to the curb when he suffered a knee injury during a game against Kansas.

Both Baker and his father went in on Kingsbury during the FOX Sports series 'All The Way Up' -- and said the final straw was when TT refused to offer him a scholarship, despite racking up 5 wins as a walk-on.

We reached out to Kingsbury for comment and he told us:

"I've always been a huge fan of Baker and loved working with him. He had an incredible career at Oklahoma, and I wish him nothing but continued success as he begins his NFL career."
High road, to say the least ... but he also isn't disputing any of the claims Mayfield made on the show.
BiPolarBear
More

Viva the Matadors Retweeted Eli Manning
Kingsbury didn't offer you a scholarship because you suck at football.

You just happen to be the luckiest QB of all time surrounded by NFL players in every position at Oklahoma.

Don't worry, you'll be exposed in Cleveland

Eli Manning @iamEliManning 13h13 hours ago
More

Baker Mayfield Rips Kliff Kingsbury, You Treated Me Like Trash http://dlvr.it/QdFdMT

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.