Football
Sponsored by

David Boren under investigation for being a sexual predator

30,448 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I assume he had Regent approval for this. If so I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking to not put the kibosh on this immediately and reign the new President in. Because I suspect many of them were in on the goings on in the past that are now being investigated or involved with what the investigation may further lead to discoverying and those folks are not on a private board accountable to no one like the one we are familiar with. Again I dont know what the hell the Regents were thinking if they approved this which I would assume the President wasnt idiotic enough to start this rogue. If he was and started all of this rogue, he is a complete disaster.

I'm shocked a state school can be run as poorly as Baylor and make complete bone headed moves like Baylor. I mean that sincerely.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

I'm shocked a state school can be run as poorly as Baylor and make complete bone headed moves like Baylor. I mean that sincerely.

It's popular to pile on Baylor, but without knowing the specifics of what you're referring to when you say "Baylor." or your expertise in criticizing them, it's hard to want to believe or agree with you. Just saying.
PartyBear
Not to derail but you can google news stories about Baylor from Spring 16 until almost present using key words Title IX, Pepper Hamilton, and lawsuits since you now are implying you missed it all.
RegentCoverup
For the people that want Boren's scandal to go away(few, I know, but some brought it up) it's worth mentioning that Boren was taking potshots at his successor from the cheap seats. You do that in any organization and they tend to respond. He was undermining him, had no choice. And this is after, Boren appointed political loyalists throughout the organization that he tried to stir to his defense. Gallogly was at least nice enough to warn him.

Truth is, they probably already had dirt on him, but they are using Jones Day to validate and provide objectivity to the claims of harassment. The goal here is to silence Boren. Ultimately, I believe it will work.

It's worth mentioning that before Boren took the helm at OU, he had absolutely zero experience with a budget of that size. In the end, that turned out to be a problem. He was very successful at fundraising, but some of that may need to be liquidated to pay for the debts he incurred. He went on a spending spree to reward cronies and now Gallogly gets to pay the bill.

Boren was also the cheerleader of all things Title IX. This scandal will be a perfect arrow into the heart of complaints about Title IX. It took exactly one corrupt administrator to prove that Title IX could be easily manipulated by a predator. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, this is a victory for Betsy DeVos.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

Not to derail but you can google news stories about Baylor from Spring 16 until almost present using key words Title IX, Pepper Hamilton, and lawsuits since you now are implying you missed it all.
You avoided discussing your credentials(or perspective) and you're only looking at the organization through the lense of someone that reads a newspaper. Thanks for answering in a way that kinda makes my point. What Baylor 'does' is more than play football. Sorry to break it to you. I'm not an expert at this, but I get the opinions of:

• Others in academic, professors and admins
  • Bondholders that have floated debt to universities.

The things you're referring to are primarily at the board level. But that isn't ALL of Baylor, not by a long shot.
When you make it sound like every aspect of Baylor is poorly run, you discredit your smear tactic, maybe that's a strong word, but this isn't the thread to hit Baylor. Find one of those.
It's simply not the case.
PartyBear
Smear tactic seriously??? LMAO! I didnt say google football. I wasnt talking about football. You brought that topic up. Baylor has had issues at the top since at least the mid 90s. So actually you can google things back to then as well. I guess you missed it all though. Lucky you actually.

Back to the topic. I doubt this is the way to silence Boren. Perhaps a threat of blowing things up to take him down might have but actually starting the process doesnt silence anyone it does the opposite. Even if it did stop Boren from criticizing the new president, what the hell is the point of silencing him if it opens everyone else's mouth about alot of things going on high up at OU.
YoakDaddy
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

For the people that want Boren's scandal to go away(few, I know, but some brought it up) it's worth mentioning that Boren was taking potshots at his successor from the cheap seats. You do that in any organization and they tend to respond. He was undermining him, had no choice. And this is after, Boren appointed political loyalists throughout the organization that he tried to stir to his defense. Gallogly was at least nice enough to warn him.

Truth is, they probably already had dirt on him, but they are using Jones Day to validate and provide objectivity to the claims of harassment. The goal here is to silence Boren. Ultimately, I believe it will work

It's worth mentioning that before Boren took the helm at OU, he had absolutely zero experience with a budget of that size. In the end, that turned out to be a problem. He was very successful at fundraising, but some of that may need to be liquidated to pay for the debts he incurred.

Boren was also the cheerleader of all things Title IX. This adventure will be a perfect arrow into the heart of complaints about Title IX. It took exactly one corrupt administrator to prove that Title IX could be easily manipulated by a predator. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, this is a victory for Betsy DeVos.

I work with folks who have worked with Gallogly at CP Chem and also OU grads. He's there to clean the financial house. And, according to them, he plays hard ball and isn't to be sniped at. He's gonna bury Boren and it won't be pretty. The only thing that saves Boren is that more folks accept gays....what will bury him is the allegations with the boys and the harassment. Boren best just disappear.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Truth is, they probably already had dirt on him, but they are using Jones Day to validate and provide objectivity to the claims of harassment. The goal here is to silence Boren. Ultimately, I believe it will work

It's worth mentioning that before Boren took the helm at OU, he had absolutely zero experience with a budget of that size. In the end, that turned out to be a problem. He was very successful at fundraising, but some of that may need to be liquidated to pay for the debts he incurred.

Boren was also the cheerleader of all things Title IX. This adventure will be a perfect arrow into the heart of complaints about Title IX. It took exactly one corrupt administrator to prove that Title IX could be easily manipulated by a predator. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, this is a victory for Betsy DeVos.

I work with folks who have worked with Gallogly at CP Chem and also OU grads. He's there to clean the financial house. And, according to them, he plays hard ball and isn't to be sniped at. He's gonna bury Boren and it won't be pretty. The only thing that saves Boren is that more folks accept gays....what will bury him is the allegations with the boys and the harassment. Boren best just disappear.
All of this will come out with it being a public university in a FOIA.
PartyBear
It will blow OU up and bury OU in litigation as well FYI again I'm sure there are many Regents of OU involved in these issues in one way or another. I'm guessing these guys (the students or former aides) arent interested in being put in the public light about what went on. I doubt they want to be put in the state and national news about this or they would have done it themselves. If they are going to be outed might as well file suit against everyone tell who knew what who paid them to be quiet etc. Its going to make OU look really bad and dysfuntional.
Jacques Strap
EasyE said:

LBKBEAR said:

https://newsok.com/article/5622885/boren-under-investigation-for-sexual-harassment

Football related because he was one of the presidents who voted to withhold Baylor's Big 12 revenue for not complying with Title IX.

https://oklahoma.forums.rivals.com/threads/boren-is-being-investigated-for-sexual-misconduct-with-males.124204/

This thread makes it sound like 'many' had some idea that Boren could be a sexual predator. No word yet on what 'many' knew when or if they reported it appropriately.

So, if there is reasonable suggestion that this happened while he was at OU, what are the chances that the Big 12 fines OU and withholds 25% of their funds? 0%?
The Big 12 will just double our fine. Kinda like when Alabama cheats at recruiting Savannah State goes on probation.
RegentCoverup
YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

egardless of where you stand on the issue, this is a victory for Betsy DeVos.

Yeah, I've heard the same. He's using a well worn playbook from the world of corporate turnarounds to improve the balance sheet, that will be(IMO) effective. Have to commend him, to be honest. He's taking on a thankless task on some level. His efforts won't be appreciated until many years later.
RegentCoverup
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

All of this will come out with it being a public university in a FOIA.
You have to appreciate his timing, that's for sure, and you're right it will be public in short order. Boren's problem is the bar is low now that he doesn't have influence inside the organization. It will take exactly one person to squeal and they will have all the info they need.

{Jabar Shumate on Line 1.....}

I think Baylor's next move is we pass a tax equal to the exact amount of money that's withheld anytime Oklahoma plays in Texas.
whitetrash
Do you realize we could have avoided 2 scandals if Boren had just gone and met Jussie for a sandwich instead?
Michibear
Will the federal government rename their prestigious international scholarship programs if he is found guilty?

https://borenawards.org
PartyBear
This is an investigation like Pepper Hamilton was here. This is not an investigation of crimes by the state.
RegentCoverup
Michibear said:

Will the federal government rename their prestigious international scholarship programs if he is found guilty?

https://borenawards.org

Yeah, so I applied for this scholarship a few months back, sent in an application and all. Next thing you know, I'm in a hotel room with an older man in a suspiciously tight male cheerleading outfit with the word "Sooners" on the front.....

RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

This is an investigation like Pepper Hamilton was here. This is not an investigation of crimes by the state.
True, but as Brian wisely pointed out, this will be subject to the public records act.

I've got a feeling this will get a whole lot worse.. the SJW crowd is stone cold silent...
william
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

FOIA.

PartyBear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

PartyBear said:

True, but as Brian wisely pointed out, this will be subject to the public records act.

I've got a feeling this will get a whole lot worse.. the SJW crowd is stone cold silent...
That has been my point. The president of OU is blowing up the school. Because his predecessor had some critcism of him. This is a hell of a thing to do the institution because one is sensitive.
Willie
Also in the article:

"Regents also have paid the Jones Day law firm to investigate whether the university gave incorrect information to U.S. News and World Report for its annual ranking of universities. OU in December paid Jones Day $193,681, records show."

lol
boognish_bear
Willie said:

Also in the article:

"Regents also have paid the Jones Day law firm to investigate whether the university gave incorrect information to U.S. News and World Report for its annual ranking of universities. OU in December paid Jones Day $193,681, records show."

lol

Ya...that seemed like a weird thing to add in on top of the much bigger issue.

Guess Jones Day was running a two for one special
xiledinok
boognish_bear said:

Willie said:

Also in the article:

lol

Ya...that seemed like a weird thing to add in on top of the much bigger issue.

Guess Jones Day was running a two for one special
It is closer to $300k at this point.

They did lie about the US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT DATA.

They are much closer to Oklahoma State in ratings.

Tellme, Shumate could have a really good lawsuit against OU. Shumate might be the dumbest guy on the planet from what I've heard but he's very diverse (just like Dave).
BoonDockSaint
Im way past tired of these sexual witch hunts tbt

Legitimate claims fine

But we all know most claims are unfounded

Sexual relations are fluid and is always he said she said
xiledinok
BoonDockSaint said:

Im way past tired of these sexual witch hunts tbt

Legitimate claims fine

But we all know most claims are unfounded

Sexual relations are fluid and is always he said she said
He said He said with this deal. There's already been an allegation.
Aliceinbubbleland
PartyBear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

PartyBear said:

That has been my point. The president of OU is blowing up the school. Because his predecessor had some critcism of him. This is a hell of a thing to do the institution because one is sensitive.
Hardly. A few decades the Chancellor at OU stated for the record "we want a first class University our football team can be proud of" lol.
Aliceinbubbleland
xiledinok said:

X said...

Party, Boren is the reason all these guys hate leftists liberals. This cock gaggler scewed with the old wise oil man whose taken a really bad job as a civil servant and willing to help fix things.

O.M.G.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

[The Boren family has a strong interest in public policy and three generations of public service. His father, Lyle Boren, served in the U.S. House of Representatives (OK-04) from 1937 to 1947. His son, Dan Boren, served in the U.S. House of Representatives (OK-02) from 2005 to 2013.]

Whole family is dug in like ticks into our Federal government.

Democrats... that tracks.
KOKQB70
Loving this thread, will only grow as news becomes more public. Now if some journalist releases similar story from Austin, heaven will be calling me home. Surely something rotten there? Nov. 16, Waco, Texas, Sooners n town for beat down by CMR and team, we can do it, beware male cheerleaders from Norman, stay focused....
Mitch Blood Green
Let whomever have never had a side dude plaything cast the first stone.

boognish_bear

BUbearinARK
Maybe he's being punked.

Just like Weiner
boognish_bear
BUbearinARK said:

Maybe he's being punked.

Just like Weiner

If he's not being punked there will still be a weiner angle....
ShooterTX
"We don't know of any aide who has ever complained,"

Are they saying that the aides liked it & didn't complain, or that the complaints are bogus?
RegentCoverup
Boren is in full politician mode. Watch, he will start borrowing from the Clinton playbook and hire someone t go after Gallogly. Boren has to spend out of his own pocket on this one so he's in a jam.

$300k in fees from Jones Day is peanuts. Call me when that's in the $2 million mark. That it's so low suggests they had already a lot of documentation readied.

All I know is the comedy value of this alone is worth ten years, and we won't be hearing any of his bullspit anytime soon.

RegentCoverup
ShooterTX said:

"We don't know of any aide who has ever complained,"

Are they saying that the aides liked it & didn't complain, or that the complaints are bogus?
Good question, my bet is that gay Dave has reached out(or around, whatever) to his gay sex partners and asked who squealed.

Legally, he doesn't have the right to see their evidence, but he's trying to snuff out the people they've spoken with. He wants to out that person on trial in the media. Too late.

So if you take a step back, you wonder why he doesn't say, "We've never had an inappropriate relationship." If he were truly innocent, he wouldn't care whom they talk to..

Instead, his answer is essentially the same thing as saying .. "It depends on which aide you're talking to. ...".

This dude is guilty as a M'fer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.