Football
Sponsored by

David Boren under investigation for being a sexual predator

30,463 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tommie said:

Let whomever have never had a side dude plaything cast the first stone.

If you didn't laugh at that , i can't help ya!
whitetrash
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ShooterTX said:

"We don't know of any aide who has ever complained,"

Are they saying that the aides liked it & didn't complain, or that the complaints are bogus?
Good question, my bet is that gay Dave has reached out(or around, whatever) to his gay sex partners and asked who squealed.

Ned Beatty.
Forest Bueller
tommie said:

Let whomever have never had a side dude plaything cast the first stone.

Stefano DiMera
Remember when Boren had a stroke at the ceremony right before the unveiling of the Stoops statue.
RegentCoverup
Stefano DiMera said:

Remember when Boren had a stroke at the ceremony right before the unveiling of the Stoops statue.
Yeah, we kinda need him to live now.

As posted on the other thread. Brenda knows she's in a tight spot. She's in this for political power at this point, and she knows she's going to be confronted on her double speak about Boren and OU.

Wineguy89
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Stefano DiMera said:

As posted on the other thread. Brenda knows she's in a tight spot. She's in this for political power at this point, and she knows she's going to be confronted on her double speak about Boren and OU.

That hypocritical boobjob makes me want to vomit.....
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
Forest Bueller
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Typical politician, meaning Brenda.

Keyser Soze
As Boren continues to press Baylor

RegentCoverup
You're starting to see less and less support from ESPN and other media channels for this bs.
Her message is that if you don't think like she does, you're a rape enabler. Brenda is just exploiting victims for political power. Joe Rogan and Bill Burr did a nice job exposing this militant feminism in their podcast

Universities giving her a platform to promote what's clearly a political agenda need to be called out, they're not giving equal voice to all sides of the issue.
xiledinok
This story is blowing up. Either Boren's pressure is getting to someone or they are afraid of something.

https://www.normantranscript.com/news/ou-board-of-regents-to-hold-special-meeting-over-personnel/article_41966bc6-33aa-11e9-8a03-2335c3462d8a.html

The University of Oklahoma Board of Regents announced Monday that it will hold a special meeting later in the week to discuss "personnel investigation(s)."

The regents will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Provost's Conference Room at the Robert M. Bird Library on the Health Sciences Campus in Oklahoma City. They will enter executive session for discussion on the only agenda item.

The posted agenda notes that no action is anticipated from the meeting.
Last week, the University of Oklahoma confirmed that it retained a law firm to conduct an independent investigation of "allegations of serious misconduct." Various Oklahoma City media reports stated those allegations were made against former president David Boren.

The agenda and announcement does not specify the exact topic of Wednesday's meeting.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
xiledinok said:

This story is blowing up. Either Boren's pressure is getting to someone or they are afraid of something.

https://www.normantranscript.com/news/ou-board-of-regents-to-hold-special-meeting-over-personnel/article_41966bc6-33aa-11e9-8a03-2335c3462d8a.html

The University of Oklahoma Board of Regents announced Monday that it will hold a special meeting later in the week to discuss "personnel investigation(s)."

The regents will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Provost's Conference Room at the Robert M. Bird Library on the Health Sciences Campus in Oklahoma City. They will enter executive session for discussion on the only agenda item.

Last week, the University of Oklahoma confirmed that it retained a law firm to conduct an independent investigation of "allegations of serious misconduct." Various Oklahoma City media reports stated those allegations were made against former president David Boren.

The agenda and announcement does not specify the exact topic of Wednesday's meeting.
I doubt any high powered individuals would be called in for some iced tea and sandwiches.
PartyBear
If the president of OU started all of this on his own, he is probably in really hot water. If he was lead to believe he had the Regents backing, I bet he is about to find they have flip flopped be thrown under the bus. That's what it looks like now.

When or Regents had a meeting about personal matters, the decapitation occurred. It should be noted a former president isn't personell.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

If the president of OU started all of this on his own, he is probably in really hot water. If he was lead to believe he had the Regents backing, I bet he is about to find they have flip flopped be thrown under the bus. That's what it looks like now.

When or Regents had a meeting about personal matters, the decapitation occurred. It should be noted a former president isn't personell.

I believe the new OU President is in charge and has the complete support of his board.
The man left a terrific job, and a spot on their regents to fully invest himself in OU.

I'm curious if it isn't discussing Shumate's termination and possible facts dealing with his lawsuit.

Bowlsby best get the conference accountants ready to take Ou's share.
xiledinok
Brian Ethridge said:

xiledinok said:

I doubt any high powered individuals would be called in for some iced tea and sandwiches.

The best restaurant in the area is moving to Norman in a few months. Probably last time for the plastic knives and forks at the regent dinner.
YoakDaddy
xiledinok said:

Brian Ethridge said:

xiledinok said:

The best restaurant in the area is moving to Norman in a few months. Probably last time for the plastic knives and forks at the regent dinner.

I thought sooners ate with their fingers.
ABC BEAR
PartyBear said:

I assume he had Regent approval for this. If so I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking to not put the kibosh on this immediately and reign the new President in. Because I suspect many of them were in on the goings on in the past that are now being investigated or involved with what the investigation may further lead to discoverying and those folks are not on a private board accountable to no one like the one we are familiar with. Again I dont know what the hell the Regents were thinking if they approved this which I would assume the President wasnt idiotic enough to start this rogue. If he was and started all of this rogue, he is a complete disaster.

I'm guessing that this story was going to break anyway and they want to appear in charge rather than on the defensive.
RegentCoverup
What I've noticed so far:

You don't see any high power political figures coming to Boren's defense. Any public political figure want to defend pressuring interns for gay sex? Certainly not Bowlsby. And no one in Oklahoma.IMO, that's because they've know that the rumors have existed for years. Even the other conference commissioners were otherwise quiet when Boren was showboating. I think our scandal was personal for Boren. He wanted to fight with Ken Starr and that was his opportunity. Baylor sort of handed him the opportunity, but he stood alone in trying to capitalize on it.

Boren has done and said things in the press that would get others crucified. And the Okie newspapers are silent. His first response was to say 'no one has ever complained'. That's like saying even though he forced them to have sex against their will, they were happy. Then he complained that the investigation won't give him access to the persons complaining. Presumably, so he could discredit them.

I strongly doubt that Gallogly's neck is on the line. But they have some blockbuster info and they need to meet because they don't trust anyone to share via email or phone.
whitetrash
YoakDaddy said:

xiledinok said:

Brian Ethridge said:

xiledinok said:

Best restaurant is Raising Canes. Beats out Sonic by a nose.
BaylorOkie
whitetrash said:

YoakDaddy said:

xiledinok said:

Brian Ethridge said:

xiledinok said:

Best restaurant is Raising Canes. Beats out Sonic by a nose.
Which, incidentally, is ground up into a Sonic burger.
xiledinok
No more Billy Sims for regent dinner.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

What I've noticed so far:

You don't see any high power political figures coming to Boren's defense. Any public political figure want to defend pressuring interns for gay sex? Certainly not Bowlsby. And no one in Oklahoma.IMO, that's because they've know that the rumors have existed for years. Even the other conference commissioners were otherwise quiet when Boren was showboating. I think our scandal was personal for Boren. He wanted to fight with Ken Starr and that was his opportunity. Baylor sort of handed him the opportunity, but he stood alone in trying to capitalize on it.

Boren has done and said things in the press that would get others crucified. And the Okie newspapers are silent. His first response was to say 'no one has ever complained'. That's like saying even though he forced them to have sex against their will, they were happy. Then he complained that the investigation won't give him access to the persons complaining. Presumably, so he could discredit them.

I strongly doubt that Gallogly's neck is on the line. But they have some blockbuster info and they need to meet because they don't trust anyone to share via email or phone.
Those minutes will be interesting if a paper goes after them.
RegentCoverup
My bet is that board is well aware of that, and Wednesday's meeting is for them to help them find their bunkers when they have to release a report from Jones Day.

No telling how Boren probably made Stoops earn every pay raise....
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

No telling how Boren probably made Stoops earn every pay raise....
So you're saying Thujone was right?
Illigitimus non carborundum
Keyser Soze
PartyBear
I wonder how broad the investigation is and if it goes into Title IX issues including in athletics. I also wonder if Lincoln Riley could get exposed for something here. No pun intended.
BaylorOkie
Somewhat related, pretty funny. There was supposed to be snow today.

RegentCoverup
That is funny..

In my mind, the conclusion is already set. The Big12 office needs to hire more attorneys to investigate OU and make sure their processes are in place and operating effectively and we should be able to see a report of some kind.

If a university president is caught coercing interns into sex, it's a Big12 matter, is it not?
PartyBear
I doubt the conclusion is set.
YoakDaddy
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

That is funny..

In my mind, the conclusion is already set. The Big12 office needs to hire more attorneys to investigate OU and make sure their processes are in place and operating effectively and we should be able to see a report of some kind.

If a university president is caught coercing interns into sex, it's a Big12 matter, is it not?

I would tend to agree that turnabout is fair play, but the Big12 won't get involved because they'll hide behind the excuse that incidents were part of OU exec leadership and not related to athletics...unless Jones Day finds something in athletics.
drahthaar
YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

That is funny..

I would tend to agree that turnabout is fair play, but the Big12 won't get involved because they'll hide behind the excuse that incidents were part of OU exec leadership and not related to athletics...unless Jones Day finds something in athletics.

That would fall under the list of more "selective prosecution" by the Big 12. In any semblance of a just system, Boren and OU would be dissected in a s thorough manner and then dealt with appropriately. No one deserves the social media assaults that BU got but everyone deserves to know the facts and who did or did not do what, to go with OU's leadership's response. Unlikely to happen and this is intentional and directed, IMO, to marginalizing every non-state school and every school not regarded as "blue blood" from the future of big money athletics.
Grumpy
They should hire a certain law firm from Philadelphia to figure things out. I hear they do a bang up job.
RegentCoverup
Grumpy said:

They should hire a certain law firm from Philadelphia to figure things out. I hear they do a bang up job.
They've sorta done the same thing, just a different firm.

RegentCoverup
YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

That is funny..

We're probably quibbling over legal terms, but I don't remember believing that joining a conference meant ceding authority to other universities. Is it really a good idea to have bylaws that give one school the right to comment on the affairs of another? I don't remember anyone commenting on OUs Arrest records? In my opinion, that was out of bounds. For him to even discuss Baylor's procedures means war.

David Boren used the conference to extract revenge for kicking Okie ass.

YoakDaddy
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

That is funny..

We're probably quibbling over legal terms, but I don't remember believing that joining a conference meant ceding authority to other universities. Is it really a good idea to have bylaws that give one school the right to comment on the affairs of another? I don't remember anyone commenting on OUs Arrest records? In my opinion, that was out of bounds. For him to even discuss Baylor's procedures means war.

Not even quibbling.....I agree with you. I was just prognosticating about the conference's justification for not getting into OU's business.
RegentCoverup
YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

YoakDaddy said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

That is funny..

Not even quibbling.....I agree with you. I was just prognosticating about the conference's justification for not getting into OU's business.
And you are probably rIght.

But every Baylor grad I know appreciates that Baylor is a private institution separate from the bureaucratic nightmare that is state universities.

That one even suggested dictating policy to Baylor is offensive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.