Football
Sponsored by

David Boren under investigation for being a sexual predator

30,442 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Actually the reason Baylor keeps landing in trouble is because the Regents at Baylor view the institution as their own personal little mom and pop shop (with the exception that a mom and pop shop's money is actually the money of mom and pop) through which they can self deal help friends.,screw folks they feel are in their way etc.
xiledinok
It's because Baylor picks weak presidents and sorry athletic directors. This has been the problem with athletics.
Sorry Canadian didn't do his job and was too weak to handle Fake Art. Starr was asleep at the wheel while the regents enjoyed being members of an exclusive Baptist Country Club (all set up to keep the nuts from taking over the school with the fundamentalists).

Oklahoma regents let Boren do what he wished and finally figured out too late that he was killing the school with his financial decisions.

OU is going to look terrible once it is released they cheated on US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT'S data.
Texasjeremy
US News & World Report has recently removed Oklahoma from their national rankings (on their website). They are now just listed as "unranked".
Redbrickbear
Grumpy said:

They should hire a certain law firm from Philadelphia to figure things out. I hear they do a bang up job.
Oh baby please please please hire Pepper Hamilton....or whatever firm those two lady lawyers have moved on to.

That would be awesome.

I would love to see OU go through the nightmare we have been put through.

Of course OU is protected by powerful people in the State Government, the Big 12 office, and the Media.

They put too much money in peoples pockets to be set on fire like Baylor was.

RegentCoverup
Texasjeremy said:

US News & World Report has recently removed Oklahoma from their national rankings (on their website). They are now just listed as "unranked".
Wow. It's a dumpster fire now...
RegentCoverup
Redbrickbear said:

Oh baby please please please hire Pepper Hamilton....or whatever firm those two lady lawyers have moved on to. That would be awesome. I would love to see OU go through the nightmare we have been put through. Of course OU is protected by powerful people in the State Government, the Big 12 office, and the Media.

They put too much money in peoples pockets to be set on fire like Baylor was.
Valid point, here, but I'm not sure. The 90's were bad years for Okie U. They needed cash and they burned through more than a few mid size scandals. Granted, I don't think they'll screw it up like our regents, but Ou won't be able to fix their finances overnight and the medicine they'll need to take to right their ship will be costly. Boren's spending put them on a disaster course.

Update: Okie's own regents are investigating Boren, it's not initiated by Gallogly as Boren has tried to spin.

FYI, I think a LOT of universities lie to U.S. News. There is simply too much financial incentive. It is my understanding that A&M lied on their graduate forms about the number of applications to make A&M look more selective and was confronted about it by other universities.

https://newsok.com/article/5623510/university-of-oklahoma-regents-meet-in-closed-session-regarding-ongoing-personnel-issues
RegentCoverup
Ok, have a small but interesting update.

https://www.koco.com/article/ou-regents-tight-lipped-after-closed-door-session-on-probe-into-boren-allegations/26433258

Oklahoma isn't using Jones Day as much to have an independent investigator as it is to hide behind attorney client privilege. They are in bunker mode trying to figure out how to put all of the blame on people outside their board. Pure and simple. Thus the meeting. Someone came forward claiming to have been sexually harassed by David Boren. That person covered their tracks and made a claim that is difficult to refute and documented it. Problem is, now they have to make a reasonable attempt to disprove that it wasn't a pattern. And there lies the problem. Boren had a system. And if it goes worldwide, then you'll have others that step forward and corroborate it.

They may be able to bury it, but I doubt it. I think they are preparing to get their asses kicked.

Note: My source isn't 100% certain on the identity of the person, so I could end up taking this down, but my confidence level is greater than 50% that this is correct.

Hide and watch.
RegentCoverup
And the victims are starting to come forward. David Boren has been covering up rape and sexual assault for years and the media these days, is aiding and abetting it.

Now the question, will the media cover this story?
PartyBear
You seem obsessed with the OU situation. This investigation has gotten press. That is how posters here know about it to post about it.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

You seem obsessed with the OU situation. This investigation has gotten press. That is how posters here know about it to post about it.
What can I say, media hypocrisy is interesting to me.

Btw, when did you go to Baylor? You always show up on threads to take a shot at BU, almost to the point of being suspiciously so. Even on a thread that's clearly NOT about Baylor, you're here taking shots at the board/admin.

Sure you're a Baylor fan?
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

Not to derail but you can google news stories about Baylor from Spring 16 until almost present using key words Title IX, Pepper Hamilton, and lawsuits since you now are implying you missed it all.
Seriously, *** is this. I don't know which sock you're using, but you ain't no Baylor fan.
PartyBear
What is the hypocrisy by the media? I'm curious. LOL yes I'm a Baylor grad and have been a season ticket holder since the late 80s. That doesnt mean I dont call BS when Baylor does stupid things.
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

PartyBear said:

Btw, when did you go to Baylor? You always show up on threads to take a shot at BU, almost to the point of being suspiciously so. Even on a thread that's clearly NOT about Baylor, you're here taking shots at the board/admin.

Party Bear isn't a Baylor fan.

This thread must have triggered him. PartyBear if you don't like it, don't comment. See how that works?
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

What is the hypocrisy by the media? I'm curious. LOL yes I'm a Baylor grad and have been a season ticket holder since the late 80s. That doesnt mean I dont call BS when Baylor does stupid things.
You rip Baylor even on threads that.....aren't about Baylor.

Maybe the internet is too fast for you. We get your agenda, now move on.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

You're busted. We get it, you hate Baylor. There are entire threads dedicated to that.

Go find one and run along, your agenda is showing.
CNC
xiledinok said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

PartyBear said:

Party Bear isn't a Baylor fan.

This thread must have triggered him. PartyBear if you don't like it, don't comment. See how that works?
Yes Party Bear, follow X's example and his amazing ability NOT to post or commenting on things you don't agree with.
PartyBear
I think anyone can read this thread and determine on their own the posters who really are triggered.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

I think anyone can read this thread and determine on their own the posters who really are triggered.
aaaaaaand HERE you are... coincidence? I don't think so.

Show us on the doll where Boren touched you, Party Bear.

RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

Fool, you've been on this thread trying to change it since it started.

Give it up and move on.
PartyBear
Really?? You think I have tried to change the thread? You should get some help dude. You and X are the ones changing the thread as we speak. All because I mentioned the media is covering the OU story contrary to your assertion otherwise.
RegentCoverup
PartyBear said:

Really?? You think I have tried to change the thread? You should get some help dude. You and X are the ones changing the thread as we speak. All because I mentioned the media is covering the OU story contrary to your assertion otherwise.
Take a deep breathe. And move on.

Don't get triggered, get help.
ColomboLQ
xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

You rip Baylor even on threads that.....aren't about Baylor.

Maybe the internet is too fast for you. We get your agenda, now move on.
BUbearinARK
Timbear said:

Many times , a person criticizes others for what he is guilty of himself.
Dang, the whole internet is guilty of rape? Shame on the internet.

Oh no, is that a criticism?
xiledinok
This is Dave Boren and OU's issues. The robe touchers should elude from this thread to allow a discussion. Them and their hero just screw things up. They need to derail some other thread. Cost Stoops his job
RegentCoverup
xiledinok said:

This is Dave Boren and OU's issues. The robe touchers should elude from this thread to allow a discussion. Them and their hero just screw things up. They need to derail some other thread. Cost Stoops his job
Colombo and PartyBear are just here for the hate. They don't know what to believe, but they can't stand Baylor so much they can't go a day without complaining.

xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

xiledinok said:

Colombo and PartyBear are just here for the hate. They don't know what to believe, but they can't stand Baylor so much they can't go a day without complaining.

Act like fired athletic department employees. Ian was a job killer. Weakest athletic director in Power 5 history.

Boren was a leader at the Big 12. Commish Bob looks silly listening to Boren.
ColomboLQ
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

xiledinok said:

RegentCoverup
cute memes, Captain Cut and Paste, let us know if you have anything meaningful to add.

Oh, and we get it, Briles is innocent.. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Redbrickbear
xiledinok said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

xiledinok said:

Act like fired athletic department employees. Ian was a job killer. Weakest athletic director in Power 5 history.

Boren was a leader at the Big 12. Commish Bob looks silly listening to Boren.
Man he really does.

He was basically letting Boren set the tone of how the Big 12 responded to sex assault.

Boren also dug in his nails and cat clawed us good for our campus problems.....scumbag.

Now we find out how dirty his life was and how corrupt the campus climate was that he was overseeing at OU.

Can't believe the Big 12 leadership let this old dirty queen have that much power.
ColomboLQ
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

cute memes, Captain Cut and Paste, let us know if you have anything meaningful to add.

Oh, and we get it, Briles is innocent.. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Wichitabear
Whoa. Not good
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Is it a how-to message?
RegentCoverup
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

Is it a how-to message?
Soooo much room for comedy on that one. Ol'Dirty Dave is shameless!
BUbearinARK
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

Is it a how-to massage?
Close. Fify

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.