Football
Sponsored by

Someone is making a CAB documentary

32,474 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Malbec
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dman said:

boognish_bear said:

After 3 years BT is starting to getting tired of the CAB story

When talking about him $uits her purpo$e again. $he will be rejuvenated.

He is her bread and butter. She won't stop.
Next time the unqualified WR coach should let his head coach deal with speakers. A little professionalism would have left Brenda with nursing, no Porsche or new home.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

BI don't care that the guy is coaching in America again. But to allow a documentary to be made about his "triumphant return" to coaching tells all I need to know about his ridiculous ego.
How do you know what it's about?
I know it's about Art Briles. Duh.

If I were him, I would be appreciative to have a job I love in the state I love and leave it at that.
If I were him, I would feel outrage at the way I've been portrayed. Any story that sheds light on the truth should be welcomed.

The media has unfairly crucified the guy, without knowing anything beyond what the rest of us do. That's fair. But, Art had a chance to control much of this narrative with the libel lawsuit. He sold that right for more than $15MM.

He's a high price ***** who raped Baylor and stained college football. Now, he's famous but not for coaching. The college football powers made him an example.

Still no sleep I see

Plenty. Slept well.
Sitting here waiting quietly laughing at how Art's mini men are on a Baylor message board defending his bought off reputation.
I haven't been able to read the Wall Street Journal this morning. What are you doing this morning?

Just hanging out
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

BI don't care that the guy is coaching in America again. But to allow a documentary to be made about his "triumphant return" to coaching tells all I need to know about his ridiculous ego.

If I were him, I would be appreciative to have a job I love in the state I love and leave it at that.
If I were him, I would feel outrage at the way I've been portrayed. Any story that sheds light on the truth should be welcomed.

The media has unfairly crucified the guy, without knowing anything beyond what the rest of us do. That's fair. But, Art had a chance to control much of this narrative with the libel lawsuit. He sold that right for more than $15MM.

He's a high price ***** who raped Baylor and stained college football. Now, he's famous but not for coaching. The college football powers made him an example.

Still no sleep I see

Plenty. Slept well.
Sitting here waiting quietly laughing at how Art's mini men are on a Baylor message board defending his bought off reputation.
I haven't been able to read the Wall Street Journal this morning. What are you doing this morning?

Just hanging out

Aren't reading the Wall Street Journal.
Chuckroast
Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

Not the right chronology. He accepted a buyout of his contract. Many months later as certain board members began pushing a narrative that mischaracterized him, Briles filed his libel suit. I think he dropped that suit when it became apparent his son would become a target. He decided to take it on the chin himself so that his son and the other coaches could move on.
MilliVanilli
boognish_bear said:

After 3 years BT is starting to getting tired of the CAB story

We all are, only the cabers persist.

It's all very boring and repetitive at this point.

MilliVanilli
Chuckroast said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

Not the right chronology. He accepted a buyout of his contract. Many months later as certain board members began pushing a narrative that mischaracterized him, Briles filed his libel suit. I think he dropped that suit when it became apparent his son would become a target. He decided to take it on the chin himself so that his son and the other coaches could move on.
If they were innocent how could their futures be in jeopardy?

Their personal fortunes weren't furthered by him having his bluff called and bowing out of a libel suit.

Sailor Bear
Chuckroast said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

You're absolutely right. I confused the first legal action he took - filing the emergency motion for separate legal counsel, while simultaneously claiming wrongful termination. That was dropped when he reached the settlement. I think it was December when he filed the libel suit.

In any event, both suits were dropped. It's not as if Briles didn't have a chance to tell his story, if that's what he really wanted.
Robert Wilson
That federal court answer by Briles (Cannon and Nesbitt) is a pretty good read, since some people around here read court pleadings as if they are 100% gospel. Covers both the WSJ article and the volleyball player incident in reasonable detail.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Defendant+Art+Briles'+Original+Answer+filed+8-30-18.pdf
ScrappyPaws
Robert Wilson said:

That federal court answer by Briles (Cannon and Nesbitt) is a pretty good read, since some people around here read court pleadings as if they are 100% gospel. Covers both the WSJ article and the volleyball player incident in reasonable detail.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Defendant+Art+Briles'+Original+Answer+filed+8-30-18.pdf
I enjoyed reading that. It pretty much lines up with what I've believed to be the case all along as well as what some friends in the athletic department have shared. Murff, Gray (still on the board), and Willis were on a mission to oust Starr and Briles.

I don't know or understand all their motivations but there has to be a story there and in relation to Briles I bet it has something to do with well known antics between equestrian and football and the fact that Mr. Willis' name adorns the arena. Betting there's a daughter or niece or two or three that, when incidents were uncovered by the family, they cried out, told horror stories, and shifted blame to those evil black football players. Agenda set.
CNC
Robert Wilson said:

Only skimmed it, didn't get to read it. Going to mention only a tiny bit: Page 20, Paragraph 58.

Quote:

58. The young woman at issue in this allegation alleged in a federal lawsuit that she had reported the incident to the Baylor University counseling center, and named names of football players. According to the complainant, the counselor tried to talk her out of reporting the incident. The Counseling Center is under the auspices of Judicial Affairs.

How does X and his crew defend this? A young woman comes to you and claimed she has been raped with details and with names and wants to pursue legal action.

And you try to talk her out of it? This is our counseling center, which is under JA. This is the version of BU you defend. It has nothing to do with CAB or CABers or whatever stupid nicknames you use.

No Title 9 office at the time, with a counseling center/JA department that's evidently a complete joke. So we fire the football coach & AD?

To me this is more disgusting than anything that will come out of these "hidden facts" people on here claim to know.

MaduroUTMB
Just so that we are all clear, has the Margolis Healy firm been added to the black-list of "robe-touching CABers", or are they merely under suspicion?

I visit these threads now for the sole purpose of watching the same 3 posters wave their arms and shout "THERE IS NO MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!". The interesting thing is that there are only 3 of them left.
Sailor Bear
CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Only skimmed it, didn't get to read it. Going to mention only a tiny bit: Page 20, Paragraph 58.

Quote:

58. The young woman at issue in this allegation alleged in a federal lawsuit that she had reported the incident to the Baylor University counseling center, and named names of football players. According to the complainant, the counselor tried to talk her out of reporting the incident. The Counseling Center is under the auspices of Judicial Affairs.

No Title 9 office at the time, with a counseling center/JA department that's evidently a complete joke. So we fire the football coach & AD?
And many, many others...
MaduroUTMB
CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

How does X and his crew defend this? A young woman comes to you and claimed she has been raped with details and with names and wants to pursue legal action.

And you try to talk her out of it? This is our counseling center, which is under JA. This is the version of BU you defend. It has nothing to do with CAB or CABers or whatever stupid nicknames you use.

To me this is more disgusting than anything that will come out of these "hidden facts" people on here claim to know.

Baylor Judicial Affairs

Those two names haven't changed since 2002, but it seems like a lot has happened since then.
xiledinok
CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Glad the dildo salesman, the Ken Lay of football coaches, Ian, Starr and a bunch of others are gone.
Only the naive and gullible think the athletic department and Briles didn't need to be cleansed.

I like robe touchers the best. Art was the precious king and knew it all. This is major college football. These coaches know everything.

I laughed at Shill giving wrong numbers to PH. They could not even act like they had clean hands.
CNC
xiledinok said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Glad the dildo salesman, the Ken Lay of football coaches, Ian, Starr and a bunch of others are gone.
Only the naive and gullible think the athletic department and Briles didn't need to be cleansed.

I like robe touchers the best. Art was the precious king and knew it all. This is major college football. These coaches know everything.

I laughed at Shill giving wrong numbers to PH. They could not even act like they had clean hands.
Thanks X for proving my point.

You're as gutless as those who you defend. I asked a very straight forward question, and you completely ignore it.

Coward. No way to spin that.
xiledinok
CNC said:

xiledinok said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Thanks X for proving my point.

You're as gutless as those who you defend. I asked a very straight forward question, and you completely ignore it.

Coward. No way to spin that.
Should fire them all including the football coach and the athletic director but you know that won't happen.

Art could have kept his job but he managed his boss, Ian, and didn't do the necessary things to prevent major issues.

Coward? Those are the guys claiming 0/0/0 and admitting no wrong doing. How did it turn out?

I am heartless, not gutless. I have zero compassion for those who didn't handle their jobs. I would post I am sorry you don't get it but I am not sorry because it is not my job. A few regents in power positions are gone. You should be thrilled your hero wasn't the only one embarrassed and had to pack up and leave.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Lozano never claimed she was raped, only a victim of domestic abuse from Chafin. Just fyi.
CNC
BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Lozano never claimed she was raped, only a victim of domestic abuse from Chafin. Just fyi.
I think that paragraph #58 was the volleyball player's testimony.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Did the volleyball player testify that she went to the counseling center? I don't recall that, but obviously it could have happened. I definitely remember Lozano saying they handed her some pamphlets about self worth.

The naming of (multiple) names that I remember was supposedly the volleyball player's mother giving a coach (supposedly Kaz) a list. This is what happens when lawsuits start running together. But, it does say "this allegation", so I'd assume that's in reference to the lawsuit that required a rebuttal.

I have to say that paragraph 56 is the most compelling, in my opinion, and one that I had not read before. The policies it references are a pretty compelling defense.

Anybody want to refute that? Keyser normally has a different take.
CNC
BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

I have to say that paragraph 56 is the most compelling, in my opinion, and one that I had not read before. The policies it references are a pretty compelling defense.

Good point on #56. That is interesting.

My favorite paragraph
Quote:

85. Briles admits that the team won 10 games and that Robert Griffin III won the Heisman Trophy in 2011 but denies the remaining allegations in paragraph 26.
I should have been a lawyer.
Robert Wilson
BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Did the volleyball player testify that she went to the counseling center? I don't recall that, but obviously it could have happened. I definitely remember Lozano saying they handed her some pamphlets about self worth.

The naming of (multiple) names that I remember was supposedly the volleyball player's mother giving a coach (supposedly Kaz) a list. This is what happens when lawsuits start running together. But, it does say "this allegation", so I'd assume that's in reference to the lawsuit that required a rebuttal.

The volleyball player narrative against Briles has always been incredibly weak. It could've been used to convict half the athletic department (many in leadership heard this tale a year or two after it happened, no one went to TItle IX because it didn't exist, and no one went to JA because they didn't know they were supposed to in this weird set of old facts), which of course means it was an institutional issue. The fact that it has been a bell cow for the witch hunters from the beginning is extremely troubling regarding what else the BOR did (or did not) have.

This answer alleges more salient facts. 1 - the complainant apparently did go to a counselor under the purview of JA. 2 - the athletic department was apparently acting under old guidance that said "do not" go to JA if the complainant is unwilling and 3 - only go to JA through particular athletic department personnel, and this item had already gone up the chain within the AD. These allegations further weaken what was already an incredibly weak story. Add that all the players sans one were gone, and that player was promptly removed from the team.

Add to that the personal narrative from Barnes regarding his and the vball player and her family's very positive account of Briles' behavior, and it's a real shame this particular story was ever part of the narrative The fact that it was makes me question the entire narrative.

The whole thing is really just a very sad tale of mismanagement from about every angle imaginable.

Makes it tough to really sink your teeth into Baylor sports anymore, at least for me personally. This led me on a roundabout way to agree with the witch hunters on one thing .... I did decide to re prioritize. Baylor sports just aren't that important. What a sad mess.
xiledinok
Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

The volleyball player narrative against Briles has always been incredibly weak. It could've been used to convict half the athletic department (half the City of Waco heard this tale a year or two after it happened, no one went to TItle IX because it didn't exist, and no one went to JA because they didn't know they were supposed to in this weird set of old facts), which of course means it was an institutional issue. The fact that it has been a bell cow from the beginning is extremely troubling regarding what else the BOR did (or did not) have.

This answer alleges more salient facts. 1 - she apparently did go to a counselor under the purview of JA. 2 - the athletic department was apparently acting under old guidance that said "do not" go to JA if the complainant is unwilling and 3 - only go to JA through particular personnel, and this item had already gone up the chain. These allegations weak what was already an incredibly weak story.

Add to that the personal narrative from Barnes regarding his and the vball player and her family's account of Briles' behavior, and it's a real shame this particular story was ever part of the narrative The fact that it was makes me question the entire narrative.

Any truth to the rumor Barnes' buyout was higher because he helped sweep this one under the rug?
CNC
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

The volleyball player narrative against Briles has always been incredibly weak. It could've been used to convict half the athletic department (half the City of Waco heard this tale a year or two after it happened, no one went to TItle IX because it didn't exist, and no one went to JA because they didn't know they were supposed to in this weird set of old facts), which of course means it was an institutional issue. The fact that it has been a bell cow from the beginning is extremely troubling regarding what else the BOR did (or did not) have.

This answer alleges more salient facts. 1 - she apparently did go to a counselor under the purview of JA. 2 - the athletic department was apparently acting under old guidance that said "do not" go to JA if the complainant is unwilling and 3 - only go to JA through particular personnel, and this item had already gone up the chain. These allegations weak what was already an incredibly weak story.

Add to that the personal narrative from Barnes regarding his and the vball player and her family's account of Briles' behavior, and it's a real shame this particular story was ever part of the narrative The fact that it was makes me question the entire narrative.

Any truth to the rumor Barnes' buyout was higher because he helped sweep this one under the rug?
Then we have people like "X", who literally make stuff up on the fly and trying to tarnish people's reps for no real reason. Such an honorable guy.

Stan Mikita
Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

The whole thing is really just a very sad tale of mismanagement from about every angle imaginable.

Makes it tough to really sink your teeth into Baylor sports anymore, at least for me personally. This led me on a roundabout way to agree with the witch hunters on one thing .... I did decide to re prioritize. Baylor sports just aren't that important. What a sad mess.
Baylor has gotten about $25 out of me and my extended family since May 2016. I bought 1 football ticket in 2017. I have replied to every email from anyone from Baylor with "Please don't contact me ever again," including a few from Linda Livingstone.
xiledinok
CNC said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Then we have people like "X", who literally make stuff up on the fly and trying to tarnish people's reps for no real reason. Such an honorable guy.

You could have just posted "no" but I don't know how privy you are to things. I don't know how credible you are after watching you throw yourself on Art.
Thee University
Stan Mikita said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Baylor has gotten about $25 out of me and my extended family since May 2016. I bought 1 football ticket in 2017. I have replied to every email from anyone from Baylor with "Please don't contact me ever again," including a few from Linda Livingstone.
Funny. I told them to contact you every night. I told them you were a big spender. Heavy hitter. $25 is about right you big boy you.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
Thee University said:

Stan Mikita said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

Funny. I told them to contact you every night. I told them you were a big spender. Heavy hitter. $25 is about right you big boy you.
Some feel compelled to tell the world how much money they won't spend by posting it on a message board related to the school they cannot stand. The Big 12 and college football believe they can make more money and promote their brand better without a foolish scandal and coach.
$25 will almost be eaten up by bad parking at major events.

There is nothing honorable about the V Ball case. Caber fiction cannot gloss up how men handled her situation. Turd shining will not work.
MommaBear
WFAA???

Dale Hansen absolutely HATES Briles along with pretty much anything Baylor. Mike Leslie has also shown a lot of hate towards Baylor and Briles, but not quite as venomous as Dale Hansen.

If Hansen gets to add any commentary to this documentary, it won't be complimentary at all.
xiledinok
MommaBear said:

WFAA???

Dale Hansen absolutely HATES Briles along with pretty much anything Baylor. Mike Leslie has also shown a lot of hate towards Baylor and Briles, but not quite as venomous as Dale Hansen.

If Hansen gets to add any commentary to this documentary, it won't be complimentary at all.
No, it is a CAB slanted documentary. It will be a super market tabloid CAB version of the events.

Fwiw, the V Ball lawsuit is the most devastating. The school doesn't want that one to hit the courtroom. The general public would love the names of the players involved to feast. Thus the school has been working to settle it.
Those players should hope they settle it. They'll be replacement works at best at chicken processing plants the rest of their lives if the public gets their names.
BaylorRocks
I hope Mt Vernon wins a lot of football games and makes the state playoffs. A lot. Why? Simply because football is a game you play to win.

Move on......

Sic'em
xiledinok
You don't have to explain winning to me and importance.
I hope they go 0-10 and enjoy getting to be the target.
Why wish those who hate you luck? Rooting for them would be like rooting for TCU.
SATXBear
Stan Mikita said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

And you are proud of this? What a loser you are to brag.
sswienton
Stan Mikita said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

and yet here you are wasting time on this board....
"If not Baylor, then who..."
No relation to Tilda
MilliVanilli
sswienton said:

Stan Mikita said:

Robert Wilson said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

CNC said:

Robert Wilson said:

Quote:

and yet here you are wasting time on this board....
Cabers are attention *****s, it's the only high they have in lieu of relevance in big boy football discussions.
Thee University
zunooreo said:

I hope Mt Vernon wins a lot of football games and makes the state playoffs. A lot. Why? Simply because football is a game you play to win.

Move on......

Sic'em
Oh they will. Most of their opponents had losing records last year.

Atlanta Rabbits and the Jefferson Bulldogs are your toughest competition.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.