Story Poster
Baylor Football

Game Day Thread: Baylor (2-0) at Rice (0-3)

September 20, 2019

The Baylor Bears (2-0) travel to Houston to take on the Rice Owls (0-3) in their third game of the 2019 season on Saturday, Sept. 31 at 6 p.m. CT at Rice Stadium.

Create your FREE SicEm365 message board account today!

Baylor vs. Rice Articles

Title Author
Ranking the Big 12 Colt Barber
Weekly Whiteboard Work: Chris Platt’s reverse TD J.D. PicKell
Statistical breakdown of the Rice Owls S11
Baylor vs. Rice Video Preview Grayson Grundhoefer
Baylor’s Physicality on the rice J.J. Joe
Trust the Podcast Smoak & Grundhoefer
The FRO: Volume 1, Issue 18 Staff
The Smoak Show: Jamie Jacobs Craig Smoak

DEPTH CHART | SCHEDULE | BIG 12 STANDINGS | COACHING STAFF

Matt Rhule Quote of the Week...

“We have some guys like Chris Miller that are playing really hard and you know my challenge to the rest of our defense is why is every person that watches our tape, why is every scout that comes through talking about how hard Chris Miller plays? Like, you play the same position as him, like they should be saying boy your safeties play really hard not boy Chris Miller plays really hard so trying to challenge our entire group to go out there and stand out on film by being physical so those are the areas and then just some little things on special teams, our kickoff return we’re just trying to bring that along and I like their approach to that.”

Baylor’s Key Players

Quarterback #12 Charlie Brewer

There is not a whole lot that needs to be said here other than he needs to keep up the momentum he has built in the early stages of this season.

Wide receiver #81 Tyquan Thornton and #21 Josh Fleeks

These two young and talented receivers were supposed to take a major step this season and they still have the chance to but it has not been a hot start up to this point.

Defensive lineman #98 Chidi Ogbonnaya

The 6-5, 290-pound lineman has not put up big numbers but watching him play you can see his improvement in a big way. He has gotten so much stronger and much more physical in his time at Baylor. 

Safety #15 Christian Morgan

He is back! Morgan has been dealing with a foot injury that occured right before fall camp but he is finally back on the field in a full time role.

Rice Key Players

Quarterback #14 Tom Stewart  — The Harvard graduate transfer was thrown into action after the starter Wiley Green was injured against Wake Forest.

Wide receiver #10 Austin Trammell — The star junior receiver was mentioned this week by Coach Matt Rhule in the press conference and he has earned that. 

Linebacker #55 Blaze Alldredge — The 6-2, 219-pound linebacker had the performance of his career last week against Texas. Alldredge finished with eight tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, and a sack.

Defensive tackle #99 Myles Adams — The lone senior on the defensive side of the ball starting for Rice is Myles Adams. The 6-2, 285-pound defensive tackle has played in 30 games already in his career so he has by far the most experience on the defense.

Discussion from...

Game Day Thread: Baylor (2-0) at Rice (0-3)

49,838 Views | 339 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by StatMan
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dia del DougO said:

MilliVanilli said:

Dia del DougO said:

Guy who uses inspired "drunk and stupid" zinger in two consecutive posts is criticizing someone for not being novel.

Doesn't take originality to peg you drunk and stupid cabers.

Don't you have some coeds less than half your age to photograph on the sideline?

I'm sure that'll keep you busy viewing the rest of the evening.
Milli, the master of originality and intellectual gymnastics...and self-awareness.
I'm sure your drunk caberdom is empowered by your anger at a screen name after a sloppy Baylor victory.

It's done wonders for your agenda.
Bear75605
MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Team doesn't wake up the may lose this game. They'll be 4-8 instead of 8-4 if they play like this in conference.
milli, u old knucklehead,,,,,who are the 5 conf teams we beat,,,,,,the liberty loser,,was supposed to be the defensive guru,,,,,well ck that box off,,,,now im afraid he's messin with cholly and the offense,,,,,the offense was totally out of sync tonight and so was cholly except for the second quarter, when it looked like art's old offense,,,,we ran more than we threw and with this offensive line , forget that ,,,,,,oh yea we had a week off to come up with a game plan,,,,ck that box off,,,,,,penalties and turnovers are jersey boys calling card,,,,,we got speed , use it ....name the 5 teams we beat in conf play....i'll stop and listen,,,,and our only hope is for dolphins to go winless...hello nfl...
Lulz, says a man slurping the cock of a high school coach weekly. I'm also probably a third of your age.

Ah, leave it to a Caber to try and do whatever they can to relish a bad Baylor performance that still ended in victory.

Cause those never happened under your Caber High idol...

Like it or not, and we know you don't, Baylor is on a 5 game win streak dating back to their bowl eligibility clinching win over Tech last year.

You don't listen to anything but your fapping to high school scores.
milli, not sure what age has to do with anything but you need to get out of your parents basement,,,,,for the record put up or shut up ,,,,name the 5 conf wins,,,,
You're a drunk and stupid caber with an internet connection, nothing novel to see here.

I agree! We should vacate every game that CAB coached. They are too committed to the antichrist (CAB). But with all due respect I would like to hear those five teams we beat!!
MilliVanilli
Bear75605 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Team doesn't wake up the may lose this game. They'll be 4-8 instead of 8-4 if they play like this in conference.
milli, u old knucklehead,,,,,who are the 5 conf teams we beat,,,,,,the liberty loser,,was supposed to be the defensive guru,,,,,well ck that box off,,,,now im afraid he's messin with cholly and the offense,,,,,the offense was totally out of sync tonight and so was cholly except for the second quarter, when it looked like art's old offense,,,,we ran more than we threw and with this offensive line , forget that ,,,,,,oh yea we had a week off to come up with a game plan,,,,ck that box off,,,,,,penalties and turnovers are jersey boys calling card,,,,,we got speed , use it ....name the 5 teams we beat in conf play....i'll stop and listen,,,,and our only hope is for dolphins to go winless...hello nfl...
Lulz, says a man slurping the cock of a high school coach weekly. I'm also probably a third of your age.

Ah, leave it to a Caber to try and do whatever they can to relish a bad Baylor performance that still ended in victory.

Like it or not, and we know you don't, Baylor is on a 5 game win streak dating back to their bowl eligibility clinching win over Tech last year.

milli, not sure what age has to do with anything but you need to get out of your parents basement,,,,,for the record put up or shut up ,,,,name the 5 conf wins,,,,
You're a drunk and stupid caber with an internet connection, nothing novel to see here.

I agree! We should vacate every game that CAB coached. They are too committed to the antichrist (CAB). But with all due respect I would like to hear those five teams we beat!!
It's just so fascinating how you cabers like to show your ass so hastily and readily.

Baylor is 3-0 after a bad performance, has not lost since 11/17/2018 and you think there's blood in the water so you rush over here, desperate to think some catastrophe is a foot...or more like you're projecting your hopes that one is.

oldbear69
MilliVanilli said:

Bear75605 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

It's just so fascinating how you cabers like to show your ass so hastily and readily.

Baylor is 3-0 after a bad performance, has not lost since 11/17/2018 and you think there's blood in the water so you rush over here, desperate to think some catastrophe is a foot...or more like you're projecting your hopes that one is.

Obviously u didn't watch the game ... too many Hallmark movies ?
MilliVanilli
oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Bear75605 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Obviously u didn't watch the game ... too many Hallmark movies ?
Lulz, Cabers think blood is in the water since Baylor won ugly and you're fighting for something to hold on to.

You're clearly mentally ****** or drunk, because no one defended Baylor's performance tonight, you're just hoping it's the apocalypse.
Bear75605
I agree whole heartedly...Baylor won ugly and they (CABer's) are fighting for something to hold on to. And that no one defended Baylor's performance tonight, they are just hoping it's the apocalypse.

But who are those five teams again?
MilliVanilli
Bear75605 said:

I agree whole heartedly...Baylor won ugly and they (CABer's) are fighting for something to hold on to. And that no one defended Baylor's performance tonight, they are just hoping it's the apocalypse.

You'll have to wait and see, we know you'll be praying they don't.
oldbear69
MilliVanilli said:

Bear75605 said:

KI agree whole heartedly...Baylor won ugly and they (CABer's) are fighting for something to hold on to. And that no one defended Baylor's performance tonight, they are just hoping it's the apocalypse.

Hum.."wait and see"..that's liberty loser's style of offense.,
bear2be2
Bear75605 said:

How many conference games did you think we were going to win last year? If the answer is less than the four we did, I would advise adopting a more patient, measured approach.

This team will play a lot of close games in conference this year. As to how many and which of those we'll win, who knows. But I saw enough last year to feel confident in this staff/team's ability to stay in games they shouldn't and grind out hard-fought wins. We'll see in time if that confidence is well placed or not, but I'd take my track record with this staff over just about anyone else's on this site.
MilliVanilli
oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Bear75605 said:

KI agree whole heartedly...Baylor won ugly and they (CABer's) are fighting for something to hold on to. And that no one defended Baylor's performance tonight, they are just hoping it's the apocalypse.

How desperate Caber High is to see Baylor fail.

3-0 and relishing a future where they hope to see a Baylor loss, pretty desperate.
bear2be2
oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Bear75605 said:

... because the constant Chicken Little-ing has worked out so well for you and your cohorts.

Your wolf cries don't raise many eyebrows these days.
MilliVanilli
bear2be2 said:

Bear75605 said:

How many conference games did you think we were going to win last year? If the answer is less than the four we did, I would advise adopting a more patient, measured approach.

This team will play a lot of close games in conference this year. As to how many and which of those we'll win, who knows. But I saw enough last year to feel confident in this staff/team's ability to stay in games they shouldn't and grind out hard-fought wins. We'll see in time if that confidence is well placed or not, but I'd take my track record with this staff over just about anyone else's on this site.
The Cabers feel empowered by a sloppy Baylor win, it's the closest thing to good news they've had since 11/17/2018, when Baylor last lost before making the Texas Bowl and winning it unlike their Caber High idol.

Bear75605
bear2be2 said:

Bear75605 said:

Honestly I thought we would win everyone of the conference games. We started 3-1. They showed excellent progress with some great wins against Abilene Christian and UTSA and Kansas!!
BigOleBear
Gee, I really miss Coach Briles!!!!!!!!
MilliVanilli
BigOleBear said:

How many socks did you make, Zumeero?

Must've finally gotten banned for spamming.
bear2be2
BigOleBear said:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Directions+to+Mt.+Pleasant%2C+Tx
boognish_bear
MilliVanilli
bear2be2 said:

BigOleBear said:

It's the Zunooero troll that was given a temporary or permanent ban today for daily Caber spamming, he's got at least two socks he decided to use tonight.

He just can't quit us, he wants attention so bad.

Bear8084
applemacg4 said:

Cyclones are going to beat Rhule's boys like a Pinata. This is what program death looks like.

Couldn't be more wrong.
william
Go Bears!
william
Stranger said:

Bear75605 said:

The two cupcakes we played prior to, couldn't punch a 1A high school team in the face.

SFA lost to Division II John Tarleton. Time to get a real coach. At least one who dresses better.
you don't like the Flashdance look?

I kinda dig the leg warmers. Not that you can see them.

Go Bears!

Beat the Crones!!

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }
Go Bears!
BaylorRocks
MilliVanilli said:

bear2be2 said:

BigOleBear said:

It's the Zunooero troll that was given a temporary or permanent ban today for daily Caber spamming, he's got at least two socks he decided to use tonight.

He just can't quit us, he wants attention so bad.

Funny stuff - I have never been banned. But if that's the new material/target you need to have an existence on here, go for it.

Milli, PM me. Need to chat, clear this up. It appears we cannot PM you - as your PM is blocked as "not a valid subscriber".

Sic'em
boognish_bear
StatMan
Too much overreaction from many members Saturday night. I was at Rice Stadium. I saw a Baylor football team play the 1st half like the entire football games vs SFA & UTSA. Like some of you, I thought the 21-3 halftime lead, would eventually lead to a blowout win over Rice. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. I was surprised Baylor failed to score in the 3rd Quarter, and very disappointed they were shut out in the 4th Quarter as well. It became an ugly win for Baylor, and a moral victory for Rice. I'm inclined to think Matt Rhule and the Baylor OC wanted to save it's best plays for Iowa State, but if this were true, Baylor still should have scored at least 14 points in the 2nd half. Anyway, Garlandbear and I were glad Baylor won, but agreed the score shouldn't have been that close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.