Football
Sponsored by

Justin Fuente

38,659 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wineguy89
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think people ignore the effect of the playoff. meaning, if you don't make the playoff, then what? what do the other bowls mean.

To me, It means that the bowl location becomes more important. The Holiday Bowl is a damned good bowl, IMO. As is the Orange and the Sugar. Any bowl in a nice location, Phoenix, whatever is good.

Im not going to be disappointed if we never make the playoff, if the bowls are in good places, it's fine by me.
Aliceinbubbleland
Mitch Henessey said:

Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

Haha, well it's not Fuente.

FTR, a lot of our fans have no idea how close we were to hiring Gundy and that was a back room deal brokered by a regent. We thought we were desperate and he wanted the job. Cooler heads prevailed and Rhoades landed Rhule. Better outcome obviously.

People that think he wasn't nearly our coach just don't understand how our regents have handled things.
If Gundy had been hired we wouldn't be in this mess today and Gundy would still be here wining games and killing it against UT.

Yep. He would've been the better hire.
Impossible statement to prove, but if it makes you feel better, sure, why not?
Briles would still be here.
RegentCoverup
Sounds like Pete Thamel's career has finally been put to rest.
BellCountyBear
So did we offer Fuente or not? I say we didn't but a tech buddy swears we did and he turned us down. Just curious.
Wineguy89
BellCountyBear said:

So did we offer Fuente or not? I say we didn't but a tech buddy swears we did and he turned us down. Just curious.

We absolutely did NOT. Aranda was the only offer for head coach.Your Tech buddy knows squa*****ski (but I'm sure he's a nice guy).
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
PartyBear
He is doing what Rhule always did to Baylor folks and many believed it as well.
tombeaux
Smoak said on his show Wednesday that Mack has a rule about agents floating names of clients before an announcement is made. If the agent does it, Mack removes the name from his list. Smoak said he suspects Fuente's agent floated his name for Baylor while Mack was still in his research and decision-making mode, at which point Rhoades removed him from consideration.
DTBear
and he would have been so average
BUbackerinET
Need to ask the Noze...
BUbackerinET
Napier over Fuente, if it's not McGuire, please
BUbackerinET
Didn't another thread say 6 VT players had entered the portal? That number at once is concerning
Wineguy89
tombeaux said:

Smoak said on his show Wednesday that Mack has a rule about agents floating names of clients before an announcement is made. If the agent does it, Mack removes the name from his list. Smoak said he suspects Fuente's agent floated his name for Baylor while Mack was still in his research and decision-making mode, at which point Rhoades removed him from consideration.

Mack said Tuesday that happened in a search he was conducting "a while ago" and not here at BU. He did not mention Fuente or his agent leaking that stuff this time around specifically. That said, he refused to mention any other official candidates this time as is his modus.

Now could he have sh*t canned Fuente for his agent for leaking it this time? Absolutely he could have!! If Smoaky thinks so, that's probably a good call. Mack is just classy enough not to fry them publicly but I'll bet that agent has had his and his client's names X'ed from Mack's little black book for future searches. And I think that's bad ass

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.