Football
Sponsored by

Justin Fuente

38,790 Views | 255 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wineguy89
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

DanaDane said:

Lotta hand wringing going on in this thread for no reason.
I wouldn't call it hand wringing.

I'd call it flashbacks to Kevin Steel and the lame duck years of GuyMo,
What are you talking about? The only coach who has been named in rumors has two 10-win seasons to his credit. Justin Fuente is not one of my top choices, but this coaching search has in no way hearkened back to the dark days.
Guy Morris's was 7-5 in the SEC.

You're misreading something somewhere I'm not piling on Fuente just saying it's hard to think it will be a slam dunk that any coach comes in and wins by default. It's competitive.

When a salary of $3 mil is on the table, coaches are gonna say some serious bull**** just to get the job. You can count on that!
Quinton
Buttpanda said:

From what I've read Fuente's OC is even worse than Nixon..

I know Not thrilled either way. Need a whole new oc. Not on either staff. If only Rhule held on for a few more years I think JM would be a no brainer with a bit more college seasoning
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
RegentCoverup
boognish_bear said:

Speaking of dream teams, seeing those two at the buffet table will be something.

Heyoooooooooo
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Speaking of dream teams, seeing those two at the buffet table will be something.

Heyoooooooooo
Safe bet on both molesting the 72 ounce steak at the Big Texan in Amarillo.
boognish_bear
Unverified....anonymous account....with 7 followers....so this must be true

RegentCoverup
I love tweets that promise to change the world.
GrizBear
boognish_bear said:

Unverified....anonymous account....with 7 followers....so this must be true

Hope it's true. Don't see how they'd fire the guy though.
RegentCoverup
Yeah they own him
Timbear
VT gave him a lot, so when he interviewed at Baylor. they fired him. You've got to respect that AD.
Timbear
I guess some Universities don't appreciate giving and paying a Coach what he says he wants, only to watch him court a job at another school. Can't blame VT for that.
RegentCoverup
Yeah this business won't keep doing that forever...
Krieg
Buttpanda said:

From what I've read Fuente's OC is even worse than Nixon..

Does he ACTUALLY pull plays out of a hat?
Saddle Up!
True or not, I'm not a fan of a Fuente hire, Justin or Daisy.
boognish_bear
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
placebo
Haha, well it's not Fuente.
BearlySober
placebo said:

Interesting...it was seeming like this was a done deal.
BearlySober
I'm sure the VT fan base is thrilled right now.
gobears20
Staff

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
BearlySober
gobears20 said:

Lol this would be the only thing that would have kept them happy after this debacle.
contrario
Timbear said:

VT gave him a lot, so when he interviewed at Baylor. they fired him. You've got to respect that AD.
He's still employed by VT. Still respect that AD?
RegentCoverup
placebo said:

FTR, a lot of our fans have no idea how close we were to hiring Gundy and that was a back room deal brokered by a regent. We thought we were desperate and he wanted the job. Cooler heads prevailed and Rhoades landed Rhule. Better outcome obviously.

People that think he wasn't nearly our coach just don't understand how our regents have handled things.
Timbear
No
Aliceinbubbleland
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

FTR, a lot of our fans have no idea how close we were to hiring Gundy and that was a back room deal brokered by a regent. We thought we were desperate and he wanted the job. Cooler heads prevailed and Rhoades landed Rhule. Better outcome obviously.

People that think he wasn't nearly our coach just don't understand how our regents have handled things.
If Gundy had been hired we wouldn't be in this mess today and Gundy would still be here wining games and killing it against UT.
RegentCoverup
Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

If Gundy had been hired we wouldn't be in this mess today and Gundy would still be here wining games and killing it against UT.
Probably. Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't see him leaving us..
Krieg
Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

Yep. He would've been the better hire.
Mitch Henessey
Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

Impossible statement to prove, but if it makes you feel better, sure, why not?
RegentCoverup
Mitch Henessey said:

Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

you could apply that to most of the content on this site.
RegentCoverup
Mitch Henessey said:

Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

Repeated, sorry.
Russell Gym
Mitch Henessey said:

Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

Funny
Russell Gym
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Mitch Henessey said:

Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

you could apply that to most of the content on this site.

Funnier
RegentCoverup
ROFL!
Krieg
Mitch Henessey said:

Krieg said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

placebo said:

I'd bet everything I own that he'd still be here and would've had a better overall record through 3 years than Rhule. I don't know if we'd have won 11 this year but I suppose it depends on your definition of better as well. That said, not hiring again in 3 years is a LOT better than having to hire again that quickly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.