Football
Sponsored by

Mt Vernon is 7-1

29,693 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexasScientist
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Well, thankfully his protege, Phil Montgomery and his Tulsa Tornadoes (erh Hurricanes) overcame a sloppy game to win on the last second TD. Unfortunately I fell asleep just minutes before and didn't know the outcome until checking the web this morning

I don't think I ever went to sleep in a Briles game however
Too much excitement to fall asleep.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Timbear
Art might have won 50-49, but his back fumbled on the opponent's 15 yard line with inside 2 minutes left. Great game, though.
BUGWBBear
Osodecentx said:

Now 7-2
Lost 49-43 last night

Yeah. Must have some injured starters.
Thee University
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Now 7-2
Lost 49-43 last night
That's 43 points Baylor hasn't been able to put up on the score board. We used to be in the top two or three scoring teams in the nation. You can't win without points on the board.
The only problem is we still got outscored on numerous occasions.

You surely can't win big with a Phil Bennett defense.

Texas Tech scored a lot of points with one of the best QBs in the history of the Big 12 and they also could not stop the good teams when the chips were down.

Offense
Defense
Special Teams

DISCIPLINE

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Guy Noir
I thought the Briles defenses were improving a bit each year.
Thee University
Guy Noir said:

I thought the Briles defenses were improving a bit each year.
Of course they were. Around 2036 we were going to be an SEC level defense.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
Timbear said:

Art might have won 50-49, but his back fumbled on the opponent's 15 yard line with inside 2 minutes left. Great game, though.
Right.

We might have beaten that Florida Community College in the Fiesta or MSU in the Cotton if only the BOR would have kissed Art's keister more than they did.

Back-to-Back

3A

Losses

oldbear69
call me sentimental or just mental but i gotta admit....i'd take cab's offense and phil's defense, any day of the week, over the reincarnated bill beall....and thats the bottom line...
Timbear
Thee, Teaff was .500 for 20 years , and your glorious team was embarrassing in the Cotton bowl scoring 2 and giving up 30. You're trying too hard .
REX
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Right.

We might have beaten that Florida Community College in the Fiesta or MSU in the Cotton if only the BOR would have kissed Art's keister more than they did.

Back-to-Back

3A

Losses

Any of them 2-30?
Thee University
oldbear69 said:

call me sentimental or just mental but i gotta admit....i'd take cab's offense and phi"s defense, any day of the week, over the reincarnated bill beall....and thats the bottom line...
We haven't even played a half of one season yet!

Correct me if I'm wring but didn't Rhule go 1-11 just a while back and all you limp dicks wanted to fire him?
Thee University
Timbear said:

Thee, Teaff was .500 for 20 years , and your glorious team was embarrassing in the Cotton bowl scoring 2 and giving up 30. You're trying too hard .
We won just as many major bowls as your lord and savior.

We are still a .512 program even after Arthur posted a 65-37 which is good for 4th best among Baylor coaches.

Embarrassing is blowing a 21 point lead in the 4th Q
REX
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

We are still a .512 program even after Arthur posted a 65-37 which is good for 4th best among Baylor coaches.

Unlike getting beat 2-30 in the schools biggest game ever
2-30
oldbear69
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Embarrassing is blowing a 31-10 lead in the second half ......and losing to liberty...
TexasScientist
Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Now 7-2
Lost 49-43 last night
That's 43 points Baylor hasn't been able to put up on the score board. We used to be in the top two or three scoring teams in the nation. You can't win without points on the board.

Texas Tech scored a lot of points with one of the best QBs in the history of the Big 12 and they also could not stop the good teams when the chips were down.

Offense
Defense
Special Teams

DISCIPLINE

A good defense helps, but we won a lot of games with the CAB offense and the Bennett defense
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
Thee University said:

oldbear69 said:

call me sentimental or just mental but i gotta admit....i'd take cab's offense and phi"s defense, any day of the week, over the reincarnated bill beall....and thats the bottom line...
We haven't even played a half of one season yet!

Correct me if I'm wring but didn't Rhule go 1-11 just a while back and all you limp dicks wanted to fire him?
Rhule was lucky in some games last year.
Robert Wilson
TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Now 7-2
Lost 49-43 last night

Offense
Defense
Special Teams

DISCIPLINE

A good defense helps, but we won a lot of games with the CAB offense and the Bennett defense

Our only big 12 titles, out only victories ever over OU, and our best run ever against UT. If that era wasn't successful, we never have been.
DAC
TexasScientist said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Well, thankfully his protege, Phil Montgomery and his Tulsa Tornadoes (erh Hurricanes) overcame a sloppy game to win on the last second TD. Unfortunately I fell asleep just minutes before and didn't know the outcome until checking the web this morning

I couldn't even get up to take a leak cuz i knew we had a good chance of scoring in one or two plays no matter the field position
TexasScientist
DAC said:

TexasScientist said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I couldn't even get up to take a leak cuz i knew we had a good chance of scoring in one or two plays no matter the field position
Scored many a touchdown in less than two minutes. Now you have to take a break just to escape the debacle.
TexasScientist
Robert Wilson said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Now 7-2
Lost 49-43 last night

Offense
Defense
Special Teams

DISCIPLINE

Our only big 12 titles, out only victories ever over OU, and our best run ever against UT. If that era wasn't successful, we never have been.
It was the most successful era in Baylor history.
Thee University
I used to call you limp wrists, pencil necks, concave chests, dishwater hands but based on the not-even-mid-season crying & quitting along with pining for your 3A coach, I'm changing it to LIMP DICKS.

You bunch of limp dicks are limper than you were for Rhule. Aranda has got 4 games (all conference - no Sam Houston State, Stephen F Austin or Woffords to beat up and tune up under his belt.

Covid has impacted practice, playing and game scenarios. Some players got their feelings hurt and now are probably poisoning what TEAM chemistry we were trying to establish. Ya'll have earned your new names.

You guys are no Monty Python Biggus Dickus.

You guys are Pee Wee Herman's LIMPUS DICKUS.
Timbear
Thee, Mr. Excuse Man. Mr. Name Caller. Mr. Lard Butt. You've been wrong every game this year.
Thee University
Timbear said:

Thee, Mr. Excuse Man. Mr. Name Caller. Mr. Lard Butt. You've been wrong every game this year.
Mr. Limpus Dickus #1 - I have not forecasted a single game this year.

You have earned your name!

Lard Butt? I'll put my % of body fat up against yours any day. Unless you were one of those sweet fairies from Martin or Kokernot.
Timbear
Hey, Thee, I'm 6'1", 205, chest 44, waist 35. Your turn, Lard Butt.
TexasScientist
Wasn't Martin the jock dorm at one time?
Thee University
Timbear said:

Hey, Thee, I'm 6'1", 205, chest 44, waist 35. Your turn, Lard Butt.
A little fella!

I'm just under 6'3", 265, chest 52, waist 39. Every single day I am out on the ranches running a chainsaw, stacking cedar, chipping cedar.

I was your size when I was 15 but a full 6'3' back then.
Thee University
TexasScientist said:

Wasn't Martin the jock dorm at one time?
I think it was but it was prior to my arrival in '77. The athletic dining hall (if you could call it that) was in the basement of Martin while Brooks was the athlete dorm.
Thee University

Can you send your son over to pick up my cleaning? While he's here I want him to wash my pickup. He is a magician at shining tires!
IowaBear
Are you two really arguing over whose got a lower body fat %. Guess what I guarantee mines lower then both. But that's irrelevant and no one gives a duck whose body fat is what %
REX
Thee's body fat is somewhere between 2-30 percent
His number
RR/BV
Ask all Americans Garth Ten Apple and Jacob Green about Phil Bennett. They both took ass whippings with fists from Phil at A&M
Thee University
REX said:

Thee's body fat is somewhere between 2-30 percent
His number
I'll take 2.

Thee University
RR/BV said:

Ask all Americans Garth Ten Apple and Jacob Green about Phil Bennett. They both took ass whippings with fists from Phil at A&M
I danced in Sing two years. How about that?!? Impressed?
RR/BV
I can't recall any grown man whipping Phil's ass, that's all.
Thee University
RR/BV said:

I can't recall any grown man whipping Phil's ass, that's all.
Maybe we should have settled the Fiesta Bowl, the Cotton Bowl, the Texas loss that knocked us out of the Sugar Bowl in 2015 by having Bennett fight the DCs from UCF, MSU & UT on the 50 yard line before the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.