Transfer Portal

104,472 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SonOfZuno
Jpbu152001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where did you see that?
74Bear
Jpbu152001
Thanks
bearbone11
I think the "Sources" here are "things that guy made up". It may end up happening but I have my doubts that there is any inside information here.
R11
74Bear
You could be very correct. Seems a lot of crap is just tossed out. I bet Slimecap will soon know
Wbbfan29
Maryland Mimi Collins just entered the portal ( says education purposes). Wow Maryland is depleted. And if Owusu and Reese are going to South Carolina I fully expect people to transfer out .
Jpbu152001
I agree with that, people would probably transfer out since they have tons of talent that would start at 99.5 percent of other schools.
bowdedg
74Bear said:

A Reese just tweeted that this is not correct. She has not decided on a school or committed.
Brusinbear2001
yeah she literally just entered the portal. She will be a fun one to see their is a ton of huge names. I think we will get what we need out of it! The things we have to offer is awesome. Playtime, a coach with WNBA experience, and great university.
bearbone11
I had forgotten that our assistant Chloe Pavlech played at Maryland and helped with media there a couple years ago. I wonder if that might be a useful connection with Reese or Owusu.
R11
Brusinbear2001
if i am being honest i could see Reese going to Louisville.
Brusinbear2001
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcBRftgJpz0/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

here is the birdie that entered the nest!!
Scottdye
When do we think we will start to see players joining BU?
Brusinbear2001
i say for us it's better with time because of the personality of our coach building relationships is like her strong suit. But hopefully in the next few weeks!!
Eball
Perhaps it has been discussed...but no way South Carolina has much room for players who want to play?

If they do sign several more then they are probably going to shoo a couple out the door?

As for us...I hope we get talented ladies who fit but certainly there are many available. We have to sign a few...
Brusinbear2001
Pinto a forward out of Oregon who was a great JUCO player is in the portal… i liked her out of JUCO and it could be a get for us
Dcheetah

Thought we might look at her
Dcheetah
GelaBear
Do you think they'll end up at WV?
Brusinbear2001
most definitely do believe that
ScottS
How soon until we get someone from the portal? The waiting is the hardest part.
Dcheetah
Wbbfan29
That's probably a question for the staff...
Wbbfan29
Really hope Baylor can snag some transfer. Hearing alot of these transfer want to go to sec
lookin4awin
Brusinbear2001 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcBRftgJpz0/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

here is the birdie that entered the nest!!
Thank heavens S.C. can only take so many...Dawn seems to be getting who she wants.
Dr. J
ScottS said:

How soon until we get someone from the portal? The waiting is the hardest part.
Patience young padawan.....

It has been less than a week since season has ended. All of these ladies have to talk with coaches, tour campuses, and then make a decision. We should hopefully know just before summer.
Brusinbear2001
yeah i think any more transfers for her will force people out of her program. She is losing 2 gaining 3 right now on a roster that was already loaded not a ton of minutes to give.
slimecap
Heart
Very interesting thread. Thank you to those contributing
slimecap
Responding to a request for information
TRANSFER PORTAL
Piath Gabriel
UConn > ?

Forward 6-5 SO
Bradford Christian Academy
Lawrence MA (near New Hampshire state line)

Siblings
.. sister Karima played DePaul, Boston College & Cal State Fullerton
.. brother Wenyan played @ Kentucky; currently signed NBA New Orleans
.. brother Gob @ Monmouth

Link for 7 April 2022 article
https://www.theuconnblog.com/2022/4/7/23015609/uconn-huskies-womens-basketball-piath-gabriel-enters-transfer-portal
willtalk
Just a some comments of the two Oregon St players who entered the portal-

Kennedy Brown 6'6" was out last season with an ACL. She did commit to Oregon St because she did not want to as a post. When Taylor Jones went out with a shoulder injury this season she ended up playing a lot of minutes at the the 5 and I suspect that she knew that Jones was thinking of transferring out so she expected to play more this coming season. Ironically she is a very good post both on offense and defense. She might end up playing with her sister. I doubt Baylor has any a shot at her.

Taylor Jones 6'4" but has longer arms than Lauren Cox and more athletic. She made a number of All Pac 12 teams. All Freshman and preseason all Pac 12 this season along with a number of defensive teams. She would be a good get and very attainable for Baylor. Taylor is a good defender and rebounder though she is somewhat foul prone. She probably should have been an McD AA but was out her Jr year and was still recovering her Sr season. I hope you guys can get her.
setshot
Thanks, willtalk.
It is always a pleasure to read your posts. You are a great asset to the Baylor fans here, and you are always welcome.
itsjuzme
willtalk said:

Just a some comments of the two Oregon St players who entered the portal-

Kennedy Brown 6'6" was out last season with an ACL. She did commit to Oregon St because she did not want to as a post. When Taylor Jones went out with a shoulder injury this season she ended up playing a lot of minutes at the the 5 and I suspect that she knew that Jones was thinking of transferring out so she expected to play more this coming season. Ironically she is a very good post both on offense and defense. She might end up playing with her sister. I doubt Baylor has any a shot at her.

Taylor Jones 6'4" but has longer arms than Lauren Cox and more athletic. She made a number of All Pac 12 teams. All Freshman and preseason all Pac 12 this season along with a number of defensive teams. She would be a good get and very attainable for Baylor. Taylor is a good defender and rebounder though she is somewhat foul prone. She probably should have been an McD AA but was out her Jr year and was still recovering her Sr season. I hope you guys can get her.

A 6'6" wcbb player that doesn't want to play down low on the block? Sounds like that Prince kid that left Texas for Oregon. Agree that T.Jones would be a great fit!
Dcheetah
More coming out from big programs.

Brusinbear2001
Sydney Parrish to Indiana

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.