Transfer Portal

104,226 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SonOfZuno
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Angel Reese was never coming to Baylor. The choice of LSU is a bit perplexing since she basically ran away from Maryland because she thought it was too rigid of an environment from a coaching perspective. Plus, on paper, she's really not the greatest fit for Mulkey's style of play. LSU will be good again though.

Really not sure why our fans continue to overrate Hannah Gusters. What you see is what you're gonna see over her entire career -- 4 points, maybe 3 or 4 boards a game. Her game hasn't advanced one iota since her junior year in high school. Very low motivational level. Still makes the same mistakes she did back then.
BU71
DanaDane said:

Angel Reese was never coming to Baylor. The choice of LSU is a bit perplexing since she basically ran away from Maryland because she thought it was too rigid of an environment from a coaching perspective. Plus, on paper, she's really not the greatest fit for Mulkey's style of play. LSU will be good again though.

Really not sure why our fans continue to overrate Hannah Gusters. What you see is what you're gonna see over her entire career -- 4 points, maybe 3 or 4 boards a game. Her game hasn't advanced one iota since her junior year in high school. Very low motivational level. Still makes the same mistakes she did back then.
I thought Gusters would need to improve her lateral quickness a little more. In the few games I watched she seemed to run the floor better than she did as a freshman but she didn't move much better on defense IMO.
ScottS
Any news on Lattimore?
Big Bear
Reese at the 4 and Williams/Gusters at the 5.
slimecap
ScottS said:

Any news on Lattimore?

TRANSFER PORTAL
Latasha Lattimore

Forward 6-4 Royal Crown Academic School Toronto CAN
#13 overall & #4 power forward 2021 Class Dan Olson Report
Major interest: Textiles & Apparel

Aug 13, 2020 Commits to Syracuse
Aug 13, 2020 "Lattimore picked Syracuse over Cal, UCLA, Florida, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Baylor and Tennessee, according to ESPNW" - Syracuse WBB website
Aug 04, 2021 Decommits from Syracuse
Aug 20, 2021 Committed to Texas
2021-22 Freshman Played for Texas
Apr 13, 2022 Entered Transfer Portal
Apr 23, 2022 Lattimore stated "Still visiting schools"
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Everyone should listen to the podcast Ashley did with Nicki.
lookin4awin
DanaDane said:

I think we considered Gusters to have considerable value because she was a five-star #16 ranked ESPN recruit in the class of 2020 and a teammate of Andrews, who was rated a little higher. We didn't get to see much of her in the one year she was with Baylor and most probably assumed she would have improved with time to the level of her ESPN ranking.

Most fans haven't seen enough of her to evaluate her other than via her ESPN ranking.
Bulldog
Sonya Morris from DePaul visiting Texas. Thought CNC would have a chance, but at over 19 ppg would be a good get for Texas.
Bear3
Nicki was not going to take both Sonja and Jana. She chose Jana.
Bulldog
Bear3 said:

And you know this how? Unless it was that Jana has more years left, you can't compare the two. Jana was like 2 ppg and Sonya averaged 19.3 ppg. I think it more accurate that Baylor was not Sonya's choice. She's a prolific scorer and could pretty much go to whatever school she chooses. Doesn't matter but whatever school she chooses will be getting a phenomenal player.
Eball
Bulldog said:

Bear3 said:

And you know this how? Unless it was that Jana has more years left, you can't compare the two. Jana was like 2 ppg and Sonya averaged 19.3 ppg. I think it more accurate that Baylor was not Sonya's choice. She's a prolific scorer and could pretty much go to whatever school she chooses. Doesn't matter but whatever school she chooses will be getting a phenomenal player.
And by same token we all just guessing...I will say this in my opinion UT needs her more than we do....I just am not overly impressed with the players on UT roster as it sits some talent no doubt Harmon but a lot of young incoming talent potential and veterans who have not necessarily produced big time.

Our roster other than a needed big has more proven talent top to bottom than UT's roster.

Bulldog
Eball said:

Bulldog said:

Bear3 said:

And by same token we all just guessing...I will say this in my opinion UT needs her more than we do....I just am not overly impressed with the players on UT roster as it sits some talent no doubt Harmon but a lot of young incoming talent potential and veterans who have not necessarily produced big time.

Our roster other than a needed big has more proven talent top to bottom than UT's roster.

And with all that talent last year, we lost to UT in the Big 12 tourney (came close to getting blown out) and got knocked out in the second round on our home floor. UT made the Elite 8 for the second year in a row. Schaefer is a proven winner and has more talent this year than last. They are going to be a handful with the addition of Taylor Jones…..and if they get Morris, they will be crazy good.
blackie
Bulldog said:

Eball said:

Bulldog said:

Bear3 said:

And with all that talent last year, we lost to UT in the Big 12 tourney (came close to getting blown out) and got knocked out in the second round on our home floor. UT made the Elite 8 for the second year in a row. Schaefer is a proven winner and has more talent this year than last. They are going to be a handful with the addition of Taylor Jones…..and if they get Morris, they will be crazy good.
Mulder must have a new name. Our post season "decline" had nothing to do with talent or coaching. It was no legs because of no depth. We had already taken care of UT twice. The only thing that changed was more wear and tear on a roster that never got a rest during the year. It is not that hard to figure out.
Eball
Bulldog said:

Eball said:

Bulldog said:

Bear3 said:

I have always said Vic is a great coach...it just seems he does more with less every year....but the roster itself is not overly scary. If Jones gets back to pre-injury Jones that will be a good thing no doubt but where does she play inside or out? We did beat them twice last year but lost the third time we played them on our third game in three days which is not exactly shocking. Our Second RD upset was just that an upset. We certainly had the talent to make a deeper run last year and I think comparing starting 5's we were better than UT but hey sometimes the other team plays better.
woodsa75
Any word on where Lattimore is transferring to
ScottS
woodsa75 said:

She does follow Sarah Andrews. Also, Florida WBB, Ole Miss WBB, and SCarolina WBB.

(20) WSLAM on Twitter: "Latasha Lattimore makes it look TOOOOOO easy @L_lattimore33 In the @_ajawilson22 and @ecambage cover tee too https://t.co/qWNaYrqqSP" / Twitter
Bulldog
Sonya Morris to Texas. Good pick up for them.
Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
I think we chose to have Jana for a long term player rather than Sonya who is one and done and we are back to square one.
Dcheetah
Agree
Bear3
Definitely agree. We will lose Ja Mee, Caitlyn and probably Ajiah after next year. Not sure about Dree 's eligibility. We need retuning players.
Bulldog
Brusinbear2001 said:

I think we chose to have Jana for a long term player rather than Sonya who is one and done and we are back to square one.
I agree, as you can't compare the two. Jana was l like 2 ppg and Morris 17. I think Edwards and Blackwell are most likely one and done so this makes sense.
hitmanmw
Who else is Baylor waiting on? Are we done?
ckilpatrick
I know this is asked all the time, but does anyone know if we are pursuing another big? Tbh I'm not sure of many that are left, but it would help my anxiety a little if we had one good experienced big

Who is left that would be worth it??
Ashley Hodge
Staff
ckilpatrick said:

I know this is asked all the time, but does anyone know if we are pursuing another big? Tbh I'm not sure of many that are left, but it would help my anxiety a little if we had one good experienced big

Nicki talked about it in this podcast. She would take the right one but feels good with the current roster. We have a lot of rebounding potential with Blackwell, Edwards, Bickle and the frosh.

https://sicem365.com/s/12238/podcast-nicki-collen-discusses-incoming-transfers-recruits-roster/4
ScottS
ckilpatrick said:

I'm not sure if we are trying for others but we did sign

2022 Kyla Abraham | SicEm365

Incoming freshman

6'4" maybe 6'5"
ckilpatrick
Ashley Hodge said:

ckilpatrick said:

Nicki talked about it in this podcast. She would take the right one but feels good with the current roster. We have a lot of rebounding potential with Blackwell, Edwards, Bickle and the frosh.

https://sicem365.com/s/12238/podcast-nicki-collen-discusses-incoming-transfers-recruits-roster/4

Yes that was an amazing interview! I was just thinking of the height to defend the big at kstate and the two bigs at Texas. I'm sure who we have on the current roster can hold their own, but it'll be a tough battle for sure.
ckilpatrick
Offensively for us tho it will be some good mismatches
Adriacus Peratuun
Brusinbear2001 said:

Chose a pure shooter [especially from 3] over a scorer. Floor spacing is a hot button topic for all coaching staffs & especially for Baylor WBB's staff. Every action that they run depends on proper floor spacing. Floor spacing necessitates deep shooters. Drive & midrange scoring is useful but it wasn't the priority.
woodsa75
I have watched Blackwell since she was a Freshman go toe to toe with Boston. Make Boston very uncomfortable
BU71
woodsa75 said:

I have watched Blackwell since she was a Freshman go toe to toe with Boston. Make Boston very uncomfortable
Did Blackwell actually defend Boston? That would be very impressive given the 5 inch height difference. I know Edwards defended her one on one often. I think we will do well against Texas, K-State & other teams with more height. If we can stay out of foul trouble we will have a fighting chance. The development of Kayla Abraham will be pivotal. CNC thinks she will be ready to contribute defense and rebounding right away, she has a good jump shot and should be able to contribute more offense as she grows.
Brusinbear2001
if any of us care anymore Lattimore is down to Miami or LSU. I just don't know if she was a culture fit for us and what we were wanting to do. Maybe she wants a huge role right away. But good luck to her.
slimecap
woodsa75 said:

TRANSFER PORTAL
Latasha Lattimore

Forward 6-4 Royal Crown Academic School Toronto CAN
#13 overall & #4 power forward 2021 Class Dan Olson Report
Major interest: Textiles & Apparel

Aug 13, 2020 Commits to Syracuse
Aug 13, 2020 "Lattimore picked Syracuse over Cal, UCLA, Florida, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Baylor and Tennessee, according to ESPNW" - Syracuse WBB website
Aug 04, 2021 Decommits from Syracuse
Aug 20, 2021 Committed to Texas
2021-22 Freshman Played for Texas
Apr 13, 2022 Entered Transfer Portal
Apr 23, 2022 Lattimore stated "Still visiting schools"

UPDATE
May 28, 2022
Lattimore commits to UMiami FL

https://instagr.am/p/CeHt5nZpMnE
SonOfZuno
She's just waiting for the biggest $$$ (NIL) offer. Simple as that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.