Transfer Portal

104,509 Views | 593 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SonOfZuno
Scottdye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A couple of questions for you guys

1. When do we think we should hear of Queen stays with us?
2. When do we think we will hear of anything from the transfer portal?

I love CNC, and I am really excited to see what she does with this already elite program.
GrizBear
Scottdye said:

A couple of questions for you guys

1. When do we think we should hear of Queen stays with us?
2. When do we think we will hear of anything from the transfer portal?

I love CNC, and I am really excited to see what she does with this already elite program.
During the last CNC postgame, it sure sounded like Queen was gone.
Brusinbear2001
it sounded 50 50 to me
Jpbu152001
She has to know soon, I believe the deadline to declare, if you are not in the final four is 4/1 or something close to that. The draft is 4/11.
slimecap
At least some of the mysteries of the 2022 WNBA draft will be answered after March 28. That's the deadline for all draft-eligible players to declare for the April 11 event in New York City, unless they are still playing in the NCAA tournament. In that case, they must declare within 48 hours after their last game.

- Excerpt from Mechelle Voepel, ESPN, 23 March 2022
Scottdye
I know that players do not read these post, but if Queen did I would hope she would see that people do love her.

Her game will go to the next level under CNC.

Queen is a very smart young lady, and I hope she follows her heart. Selfishly I hope she stays with us.
BUVA
Scottdye said:

I know that players do not read these post, but if Queen did I would hope she would see that people do love her.

Her game will go to the next level under CNC.

Queen is a very smart young lady, and I hope she follows her heart. Selfishly I hope she stays with us.

She's just posted on Twitter she's declaring for the draft.
Wbbfan29
Players definitely read our post lol. A incoming player even screenshotted a few post off of here and put it on her Instagram story.
Scottdye
Good for her. I do believe she will be a success. Wishing her all the best.

Excellent young women.

BU should be very proud.
Dcheetah
Good luck.Queen! Hope she tears it up!
Brusinbear2001
now with Queen declaring we know for sure we have to get more post players!!
WacoKelly83
Does anyone know what's up with Kyndall Hunter at Texas? Is she in the portal? She seemed to disappear from the Texas roster towards the end of the year.
HoustonBear15
WacoKelly83 said:

Does anyone know what's up with Kyndall Hunter at Texas? Is she in the portal? She seemed to disappear from the Texas roster towards the end of the year.
I think she was battling an ankle/foot injury
ScottS
I hope we are working the portal.
blackie
ScottS said:

I hope we are working the portal.
I don't think you have to hope for something that is a certainty. I don't know anywhere else you are going to get to a full roster or to one that you want. Losing 3 and getting 4 is not what CNC considers a full roster.
Jpbu152001
Adriacus Peratuun, earlier in the year you said people were noticing our type of play and to watch for some transfers from west. Can you give us anymore? Are they in the portal now? I see two with height and who were highly recruited out of Oregon.
ScottS
Work it, work it, work it
bearbone11
Priscilla Williams out of Syracuse entered the portal like many expected. Was a top 10 recruit in 2020 and has Texas connections. We could certainly use a big guard who can shoot.
R11
LitigiOSO
Oregon's Sydney Parrish has entered the transfer portal. The 6'2" Guard and former No. 8 overall player in 2020 class seems to be exactly the kind of guard Nicki wants for her offense.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
Dr. J
LitigiOSO said:

Oregon's Sydney Parrish has entered the transfer portal. The 6'2" Guard and former No. 8 overall player in 2020 class seems to be exactly the kind of guard Nicki wants for her offense.

Not surprising....I mentioned previously that Graves tends to have 3 to 4 transfers out each year. Kelly (Graves) has made the most of his early success at Oregon but, with Sabally declaring for the draft, he has very limited skilled size left in his camp.

I agree Parrish should be one that we take a look at. I will be honest, I have not watched her play much at the collegiate level to know how her defensive skills are but, she is a good shooter.
boatergal
bearbone11 said:

Priscilla Williams out of Syracuse entered the portal like many expected. Was a top 10 recruit in 2020 and has Texas connections. We could certainly use a big guard who can shoot.

Williams is friends w Bella Fontleroy too. Williams is from Branson, MO and Bella from Springfield, MO. Probably played AAU BB together.
Wbbfan29
12 of 24 2020 All-American

Mass exodus from Oregon and Kentucky.
Dr. J
Wbbfan29 said:

WAIT! GUSTERS is in the TP? WOW!

And didn't Cardoso just transfer to So. Carolina from Syracuse? She is still on their active roster, is this list accurate?

Once again, not surprised women are transferring out of Oregon.....they get star-gazed by the "Nike aura" only to find out a different reality when they get there....
Wbbfan29
Yes this is accurate. They are just pointing out the 2020 all American s that are or have already transferred from their original school.
GrizBear
Dr. J said:

Wbbfan29 said:

And didn't Cardoso just transfer to So. Carolina from Syracuse? She is still on their active roster, is this list accurate?

Once again, not surprised women are transferring out of Oregon.....they get star-gazed by the "Nike aura" only to find out a different reality when they get there....

You seem excited.
Gusters entered the TP to leave Baylor and transfer to LSU.
Big Bear
Daniels is in the portal now..
Dr. J
GrizBear said:

Dr. J said:

Wbbfan29 said:

You seem excited.
Gusters entered the TP to leave Baylor and transfer to LSU.
Not excited but surprised if Gusters entered the TP again. I knew all that about Gusters transferring to LSUbut, it would appear that the context it was given in is that these are current active transfers and that is not the case. I now understand that this list is to just indicate who HAS OR IS transferring from the 2020 class. I just want to know who IS transferring or entered the TP not who HAS entered the TP in the past from this class.
Wbbfan29
I am actually a person that was okay with Gusters leaving BU. Maybe next year she will shine at LSU but I don't think she has reached her "all American" potential.
Wbbfan29
Heard LSU going after Blackwell and the Carr's duo really hard. Will be a good get for them if true.
BU71
Wbbfan29 said:

I am actually a person that was okay with Gusters leaving BU. Maybe next year she will shine at LSU but I don't think she has reached her "all American" potential.
Gusters has good offensive skills, but I'm not sure if she has the quickness to standout in the current BU style.
Dr. J
As predictable as always every year....you can count on 3-4 transfers out of Oregon.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33624340/oregon-ducks-lose-three-sophomores-women-college-basketball-transfer-portal
bawitdaball
Wbbfan29 said:

Heard LSU going after Blackwell and the Carr's duo really hard. Will be a good get for them if true.

Core we cut me if I'm wrong but the Carrs have already used their immediate eligibility when they transferred to Syracuse? Don't you just get to do that once?
Brusinbear2001
i don't think that's a rule anymore i believe you get to transfer immediately
Wbbfan29
I believe the sit out rule is gone completely unless you transfer after deadline or when the season has already started.
Brusinbear2001
the three catching my eye right now is
Aijah Blackwell - Mizzou 6'0 Junior guard that can play low too
Dalayah Daniels - Cal Sophomore post player very athletic and great on offensive end
Priscilla Williams - Syracuse 6'2 Sophomore Sharp shooting guard

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.