Jimmy Walker 2021

23,263 Views | 559 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KOKQB70
KOKQB70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats to our Bear, leaderboard will be shown all afternoon with his name, we are proud Jimmy Walker!
MrGolfguy
7 under (65) is the low round of the tourney and has to be the best round Jimmy has posted in the past 2 years.
I believe that Jimmy has officially got his mojo back.
Aliceinbubbleland
He was on fire today. Congrats. Never give up.
Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear said:

Jimmy starts his day by chipping in from 27' for a birdie on 1.

He's now -1 and T29. Another birdie would get him to T18.

Would be great if he could squeak out a Top 25.
LOL. He blew them away.
CTbruin
Looks like a payday of about $310,000
Aliceinbubbleland
That seems like a ton of money but I'm sure he has high expenses. And taxes . Nevertheless a great day for him. Nice to see he is back in the running.
KOKQB70
CT, 3 way tie, thinking your # is close enough. US Open in 2 weeks, keep it going!
CTbruin
$313,875

I was close
Booray
Aliceinbubbleland said:

That seems like a ton of money but I'm sure he has high expenses. And taxes . Nevertheless a great day for him. Nice to see he is back in the running.
Jimmy is 57th on the PGA Career Money list, having earned $26,199,956.00 in PGA prize money in his career (through today). I don't think that includes his mini-tour earnings from when he started out; he won three tourneys there and won a non-PGA event. Probably above $27,000,000.00 in prize money plus sponsorships, appearance fees, honorary club pro honorariums, etc.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.110.html
Aliceinbubbleland
A huge WOW!
Booray
T-6 at a prestige tournament moves Jimmy up 173 spots in the World Golf Rankings to number 327. Couple of more weeks like that and he will be back where he belongs.
boognish_bear
This is an article from March of this year that I just came across...here are a couple of interesting snippets:

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/article/San-Antonio-s-Jimmy-Walker-still-working-to-16064592.php

"There's some residual mental stuff (related to Lyme) going on that's hard to pinpoint," he said.

Mostly, it affects his fine motor skills, particularly in chipping and putting, he said. He's gone through several swing coaches, including Butch Harmon, Harmon's son Claude and Matt Killen. He recently took a lesson from Cameron McCormick, perhaps best known for his work shaping the swing of former Texas star Jordan Spieth.
Walker says he's officially "under nobody right now."

At 42, Walker concedes his struggles could partly be the result of age. But he says he's determined not to give in. He says he hasn't considered retirement, but he has discussed with Erin the possibility of taking a couple years off before eventually joining the Champions Tour for players over 50.

Walker has put himself in position to do that, with more than $25 million in career earnings.
He has to win a tournament or make the FedEx Cup playoffs in 2022 to maintain his fully exempt status on the PGA Tour.

Meanwhile, his battle with Lyme disease marches on.
"He may never be the same," said Erin Walker, who also was diagnosed with the disease in late 2017. "That's a reality we talked about."

Her husband said he still "loves the game."
"I'm building a golf simulator in my house where I can hit balls inside and work on my game," Walker said. "The desire is still there, for sure. I just have to start playing better."
boognish_bear
Article mentioned that he needed to win this season or make the FedEx Cup playoffs in order to retain his PGA Tour status.

After his good finish on Sunday he's currently sitting 153rd in the FedEx Cup standings. The top 125 make the cut.
Booray
Jimmy tees off at 9:24 a.m. (Waco time) from No. 1 with Ian Poulter and Ryan Palmer Thursday. They start Friday on No. 10 at 1:09 p.m. Waco time.
boognish_bear
Booray said:

Jimmy tees off at 9:24 a.m. (Waco time) from No. 1 with Ian Poulter and Ryan Palmer Thursday. They start Friday on No. 10 at 1:09 p.m. Waco time.

That sounds like a good pairing. Fellow Texan with Palmer and Ian always seems like he'd be fun to play with.
MrGolfguy
Palmer's an aggy; no bueno
boognish_bear
Jimmy holding his own so far. He's even through 8 holes. Several big names already over par.

Leaders currently at -3.
MrGolfguy
Made the turn at Even par; followed with a bogey on 11 - Jimmy is +1 (T20th)
MrGolfguy
Jimmy posts 3 over (74); work to do tomorrow to make the cut
Leader at -4
Booray
Cut line will be at +3 when the first group finishes. My guesses are (1) Jimmy will play the weekend because he won't finish today, (2) the final cut will be +4 and (3) Jimmy will play the rest of the weekend.
Booray
Elsewhere on the course, DeChambeau finishes -2 on the day and even for the tourney. Koepka is at -2 going into his afternoon round. The golf world is rooting hard for Brooks to shoot a 73 and fall into a pairing with Bryson.
Fat Daddy
What is your guess that Jimmy will need to shoot today to make the cut? Even?

There are such big groups bunched up at -2 and -3 could get dicey!

I hope plays even.... but don't know if he can today!
Booray
Fat Daddy said:

+1 will do it. Cut line will be at +4 after the second round is complete.
MrGolfguy
Cut is still +3 right now, Jimmy is Even thru 2 today (+3 total)
boognish_bear
Booray said:

Elsewhere on the course, DeChambeau finishes -2 on the day and even for the tourney. Koepka is at -2 going into his afternoon round. The golf world is rooting hard for Brooks to shoot a 73 and fall into a pairing with Bryson.

Looking like that might happen at the moment
boognish_bear
Jimmy makes a birdie on nine and makes the turn at even on his round and +3 tied for 50th. Not a bad round so far.
MrGolfguy
With 3 holes to play Jimmy is sitting at +4, right on the cut line
MrGolfguy
Another bogey puts Jimmy at +5, one outside the cut with only his 18th hole to play.
Fat Daddy
The dang par 3's got him this week!!!!
baylrballa
Huge 18footer for bird falls on his last hole. Likely make the cut on the line.

Anything can happen on the weekend. Going out early tomorrow could be a huge advantage.
Fat Daddy
And Jimmy redeems himself on the par 5's today!

Great putt and birdie on his last hole (#9) to make the cut!!!!
Booray
Booray said:

Fat Daddy said:

+1 will do it. Cut line will be at +4 after the second round is complete.

Nostradamus!
Aliceinbubbleland
Others yesterday with huge improvement in play was Reavie, Morikawa, Mickelson, Vegas, Hughes and Watson.
boognish_bear
JW making a move early.unfortunately it's in the wrong direction. He double bogeyed his first hole. Hopefully he can shake it off.
boognish_bear
He just got one back with a birdie at 3.

It would be great to see him work his way up this weekend to build on the momentum from his T6 at Memorial.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.