Jimmy Walker 2021

23,375 Views | 559 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KOKQB70
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He has to feel pretty good this morning only three strokes behind. Let's go JW
boognish_bear
Jimmy has started with 2 pars. Hope he can shoot -4 or better today.

Keith Mitchell is on fire he's birdied his first 7 holes to join the leaders at -10.
boognish_bear
Jimmy has broken the seal with a birdie on 5. He's now -8 and 2 shots back. They still have not shown a single shot of his even though they just showed a guy at -6.

He's headed to the par 5 6th hole now. Let's go Jimmy!
boognish_bear
JW starts the back side with a birdie. He's now -9. There are a bunch of guys at -10 and this Sloan dude I've never heard of at -12.

JW tied for 7th. Let's keep it rolling and stay within striking distance for Sunday.
CTbruin
Now -10. One out of the lead.
Booray
Playing great. -11 and one back
boognish_bear
Jimmy put his tee shot in the water on 18. He scrambled and left himself with about a 15' par putt that he missed for his first bogey. 18 had been killing a lot of people today. Sung Kang posted a 12 there.

All in all another great round. He sits at -10 in 5th place. Assuming no one has a crazy finish he will very much be in striking distance tomorrow.
KOKQB70
Fatigue not factor today? Lyme stayed away and let Jimmy play. I will be watching tomorrow and for our Bear.
MrGolfguy
This is the best position Jimmy has been in a while; hoping for a W but a top 5 is nothing to sneeze at.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
boognish_bear
Round 3 is over. We've got Tringale leading at -12 and then 20 guys behind him within 4 shots of the lead.

Should be a wild finish tomorrow. Jimmy is very well positioned at -10.
Aliceinbubbleland
Had to go out today but taped it. I hope they had some decent coverage of jw today.
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Had to go out today but taped it. I hope they had some decent coverage of jw today.

He got hardly any coverage on the front, but quite a bit of coverage on the back nine. The most I can remember for him in years.

I think conditions should be decent tomorrow. i'm guessing it will take at least 14 or 15 under to win or get into a playoff.

What a great finishing hole they have there. A birdie is possible, but so is a double bogey.
boognish_bear
Jimmy tees off at 12:40 with Cam Champ. Let's have a day Jimmy.
boognish_bear
Jimmy made a mess of the first hole driving behind some trees. He did have a nice sand shot to at least salvage bogey.

Shake it off Jimmy.
MrGolfguy
boognish_bear said:

Jimmy tees off at 12:40 with Cam Champ. Let's have a day Jimmy.
Playing with an Aggy - could be interesting
MrGolfguy
Nothing but pars since the 1st hole bogey; Jimmy's at -9 and 4 shots behind the leaders (with a lot of guys in between). He's almost fallen out of the top 20
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy said:

Nothing but pars since the 1st hole bogey; Jimmy's at -9 and 4 shots behind the leaders (with a lot of guys in between). He's almost fallen out of the top 20

Would be a huge shame if he doesn't at least bag a Top 20 here
boognish_bear
Pulling for Jimmy of course, but if not him Id like to see Champ win. I like that guy, even though he's an Aggy.
boognish_bear
Jimmy with back to back birdies and now at -11 and three back. Anything can happen with all the water on this course. He's still in this thing.
MrGolfguy
The Aggy has a 2 shot lead (-14), Jimmy is back to T5 at -11
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy said:

The Aggy has a 2 shot lead (-14), Jimmy is back to T5 at -11

Hoping for more, but a Top 5 would be great. Big FedEx boost.
KOKQB70
Been watching 3, 4 holes....not one putt or swing for Jimmy, it's Champ and let's move on to someone else. Maybe another birdie, then they might?
boognish_bear
KOKQB70 said:

Been watching 3, 4 holes....not one putt or swing for Jimmy, it's Champ and let's move on to someone else. Maybe another birdie, then they might?

They are showing him on 16 now. He's in good position to birdie. If he can birdie this and Champ doesn't he will have it down to 2 strokes with 2 to play.

Champ looks dehydrated or something.
boognish_bear
Champ birdied 16 to get to -15.

Jimmy misses a 4' birdie putt and stays at -11. Would be nice if he could find one more birdie on 17 or 18 to move up a spot.
Fat Daddy
Jimmy missed a 4' birdie on 16...... was a great opportunity to move up a spot!
KOKQB70
Champ in trouble on 18...Louie, warm up?
boognish_bear
Champ may steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

What the hell was he thinking hitting driver?
boognish_bear
They aren't showing it, but jimmy hit his second shot in a fairway bunker. He's 67 yards from the hole. Hope he can finish with a bird.
boognish_bear
What a clutch gap wedge from Champ
Fat Daddy
Jimmy just needs to get down in two
Fat Daddy
Dang it ..... missed it.... will move him out of the top ten....
KOKQB70
Too bad Jimmy, still good week.
boognish_bear
Anyone know if he's playing in the next 3 events?
MrGolfguy
Not sure, but if he's trying to make the playoffs he probably should. Next weekend is the Olympics, then the next Tour event is the Barracuda Champ. which is the tourney they do the Stableford scoring for points (5 for eagle, 3 for birdie, 0 for par, lose points for bogeys & worse). I can't remember Jimmy ever playing in that event but he might this year to move up in the FedEx for the playoffs. After that is a WGC event (World Golf Championship) which i guess Jimmy is qualified for - don't really know.
CTbruin
$148,000 payday. Not bad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.