Jimmy Walker 2021

22,317 Views | 559 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KOKQB70
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T118th, only better than 7 of 131 players. Snedeker, who Jimmy is paired with, shot 5 under (65) and has the solo lead. SMH
MrGolfguy
Going the wrong way again. +4 thru his first 9 today, +11 total and beating only 2 guys. The cut is at +2 currently but that is just a dream right now.
CTbruin
Jimmy has not been the same since the bout with Lyme disease.

Hopefully he will work his way back for the Champions Tour
MrGolfguy
Champions Tour is a ways off for Jimmy, he's only 41, but 2029 look out.
GarlandBear84
He's only beating one guy now. On the bright side it'll be a short drive home to Boerne from Houston. Or will he go straight to Augusta?
MrGolfguy
Jimmy's caddie for the Masters will be Jim 'Bones' Mackay; yep, none other than Phil Mickelson's longtime looper. He certainly knows the course, maybe he can help Jimmy find his mojo.
boognish_bear
Anyone know off hand what Jimmy's best finish in a Masters has been? I can't really recall him ever being in the hunt
MrGolfguy
boognish_bear said:

Anyone know off hand what Jimmy's best finish in a Masters has been? I can't really recall him ever being in the hunt
T8th in 2104, the year Bubba won his 2nd. Jimmy's next bests were T18th in 2017 and T20th in 2018.
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy said:

boognish_bear said:

T8th in 2104, the year Bubba won his 2nd. Jimmy's next bests were T18th in 2017 and T20th in 2018.

Thanks man....that 2014 performance is not something I remember. Well....with 3 top 20s it's clearly a track he can handle well.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy drew the dewsweeper tee time Thurs off #10 - 6:00am
Paired with Sandy Lyle & amatuer Yuxin Lin
boognish_bear
I know there are weather concerns today.... but it looks like they have at least gotten started.

Jimmy bogeys his first hole of the day.
KOKQB70
Long, uphill par 4. Been there.
KOKQB70
His property near Boerne for sale, $3 million. Why?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy
Jimmy's tied for the lead at -1 thru 4 holes

(I just had to type that while i could)
GarlandBear84
And then the ancient Larry Mize grabs the lead at -2.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy birdies 3 of his first 7 holes (12, 13, 16) yet he's only -1.
GarlandBear84
He posted -1 on the back nine.
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy said:

Jimmy birdies 3 of his first 7 holes (12, 13, 16) yet he's only -1.
He has become kind of Spieth-esque with his wild in-round ups and downs. He's been the victim of bad blow up holes that have ruined a good round lately.
boognish_bear
A lot of eyes on Bryson this week....bit of a rough start with him at +2 through 5.
boognish_bear
Jimmy finishes at -1 and currently sits in 18th place before the afternoon groups get started. Not a bad start.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy posts a 1 under (71) today. 4 birdies offset by 3 bogeys. Good solid start, not great but still right there.
boognish_bear
Current leader is Paul Casey at -7
Booray
Reminder for tomorrow that the cut line is top 50 and ties. No " or within 10 of the leader" as the shorter days drove a decision to not risk having an expanded field over the weekend
MrGolfguy
Jimmy's -1 is currently T34th, but there are about 40 guys that could still post better than -1 who only finished half their round today. It won't be until about 9 or 10am tomorrow that everybody will finish round 1.
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy
-1 is T42nd now which would be the cut number. It will definitely get lower with how low they are scoring; cut will go to -2 or -3 as the day goes on.
boognish_bear
Again Jimmy starts his round with a bogey on the first hole.

He's now at even.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy is still at +1 thru 4 today, Even overall. The cut is at -1 but easily could move to -2; in short he needs some birdies.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy added another bogey, he's +2 on the day, +1 total. The good news is that the cut has fallen to Even and looks like it might stay. Jimmy needs to shoot 1 under or better on the back 9.
GarlandBear84
Wow, he birdied 14 then rammed a long eagle put on 15 shown by ESPN! Getting dark now.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy goes birdie - eagle on #14 & #15, he's now -2 overall and safely inside the cut. 3 more holes to play which might have to wait til Sat morning.
Booray
MrGolfguy said:

Jimmy goes birdie - eagle on #14 & #15, he's now -2 overall and safely inside the cut. 3 more holes to play which might have to wait til Sat morning.
Very nice. I am sure he wishes he could finish today.
Booray
Booray said:

MrGolfguy said:

Very nice. I am sure he wishes he could finish today.
They cut the feed off on CBS,com-did he hit his tee shot on 16 before they called it a day?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.