Jimmy Walker 2022 golf season

9,023 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KOKQB70
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimmy tees it up this week in Mexico at the Mayakoba. I'm not sure if Jimmy has ever played this tournament. Hopefully, his game picks up where he left off a few weeks ago.
MrGolfguy
JW played this tournament twice but that was way back in 2008 & 2009; he missed the cut & finished T69th those 2 years. I'm pretty sure the course has seen some significant changes in the past 13 years so it will probably be like playing a new course to him.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
boognish_bear
JW shot +1 yesterday. I did see on his scorecard where he had an eagle on a Par 4. Not sure how he got it.

I'm guessing the cut line may be around -4 today. He's gonna need to get on a heater today.
boognish_bear
JW -2 on his round and -1 on tourney through 14. He's going to need to birdie 3 of 4 coming in to have a shot at the cut.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy shot even par 71 today, finishes at +1 and misses the cut by 4.

No bueno
MrGolfguy
Houston Open starts today at the revamped Memorial Park GC; Jimmy is +1 thru 3 holes so far
MrGolfguy
Jimmy finished with a +2 (72) today, which is T100th -- no bueno. Three leaders tied at -5.
boognish_bear
Jimmy has actually moved from T100th to T86th without even playing yet....so needless to say it's tough out there in houston.

Right now the cut is sitting at +1. Not sure how much it will move from there. Jimmy at +2 and just starting his first hole.
MrGolfguy
JW is +1 thru 3 holes (going the wrong way -- the cut is still +1; Leader is at -10
Jimmy needs 3 or 4 under the rest of the day or he can drive up to McLane tomorrow to watch the Bears play OU.
boognish_bear
Starting to look like Jimmy wants to catch that BU game...he's +3 on the round and +5 for the tourney.
MrGolfguy
Stick a fork in Jimmy, he's done (though not officially)
He's +4 thru 12 today (+6 overall) but play has been called due to darkness, the cut is still +1
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy said:

Stick a fork in Jimmy, he's done (though not officially)
He's +4 thru 12 today (+6 overall) but play has been called due to darkness, the cut is still +1

Double gut punch… He has to stay in town and get up early to play knowing he's pretty much out of this thing already.

Might be time to withdraw with a back injury
boognish_bear
Jimmy playing in the The RSM Classic this week at Sea Side Island resort in Georgia. This event has players playing on two different course the first two days.

Jimmy is even through 5 holes. This thing will be a birdie fest....so he needs to start rolling in some birdie putts.
MrGolfguy
JW is Even thru 8 holes and already falling way behind; 2 leaders already at -6
Jimmy is on the Seaside course which probably plays a bit tougher, the Plantation course was just added about 5 years ago and is shorter than Seaside.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy starts with a 1 under (69) which is T119th; leaders are at -9
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Yesterday they were saying the wind would be a factor today. So the scoring may not be as crazy. I'm guessing the cutline will be somewhere around -4 to -6.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy really needs to pick it up; he needs to shoot 67 at worst today i'm guessing (and that might not be good enough).
boognish_bear
MrGolfguy said:

Jimmy really needs to pick it up; he needs to shoot 67 at worst today i'm guessing (and that might not be good enough).
He's +2 on the tourney through 9 holes....looks like he's pretty much toast.
MrGolfguy
Thought Jimmy was starting to find his mojo again; he had a couple decent tournaments in Oct but the past 2 have been no bueno.
boognish_bear
Jimmy back in action this week at the Sony Open…a tourney he won in back to back years in 2014 and 2015.

boognish_bear
Jimmy +1 through 8. This is going to be a birdie fest….he better pick it up
MrGolfguy
Yep, pretty unremarkable round so far for JW; sitting at Even thru 10 holes. -8 leads followed by plenty of -7 & -6,etc.
MrGolfguy
Going the wrong way, now +1 thru 13 holes (T114th). He's beating only about 15 guys.
boognish_bear
He's been getting a little TV time….I guess as a two time past champion
boognish_bear
Jimmy finished in style at least with an eagle on his last hole to finish -1 and currently in 75th
boognish_bear
I'm gonna guess the cutline will be around -4 or -5....so Jimmy's going to need to get that putter rolling to make the weekend and get paid.
boognish_bear
Jimmy with a solid 2 under on the front. He's -3 on the tourney and currently T44. I think if he manages at least 2 more birdies on the back he should be safe.

The lead of -9 still hasn't moved yet. Scoring seems not as low so far today.
boognish_bear
After a bogey on the back Jimmy has just strung together back-to-back birdies and is at -4 on the tourney through 13 and T34
MrGolfguy
Still sitting at -4 with 2 to play, a short par 4 & a very short par 5. More birdies should be coming.
CTbruin
Finished-5. Good round.
boognish_bear
Yep...much better today. Currently T31 and safely inside the cutline.

7 strokes behind current leader Henley.
boognish_bear
Cut turned out to be -5….Jimmy just made it. Henley leading at -15.

On to the weekend for JW.
boognish_bear
JW starts his round with a birdie….always a great feeling.

He's -6 and T40 after 2 holes today. He's not going to threaten the leaders this weekend….but would be great to see him have a nice scoring weekend and get some momentum going for his next start.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy finished round 3 at -4 after shooting 1 over (71); tied for last of those that made the cut. Should have motivation today to shoot a low round and try to move up to a Top 50 finish.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.