Ministry of Truth

34,927 Views | 650 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Cobretti
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Fre3dombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Fre3dombear said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "I'm just trying to look at it without the partisan filter"

Anyone with an IQ over 60 and a real job believe that statement for even a second?
Y'all are as hysterical about Biden as the left was about Trump. Yes, he's a terrible president. No, he's not going to censor your speech.

Really. How much we gonna bet?

Facebook did it when they didn't like what was being said. Twitter did it. Yahoo shut down comments.

You really think he instituted an office to truth check and they are going to stay hands off?

I say the over/under is 60 days before the first story comes out that some right winger put out fake news and they shut it down

Obama censored hundreds of conservative groups. Is sam wanting anyone to take him seriously?
He didn't censor them. He discriminated against them and others in their applications for tax-exempt status. He was also the most aggressive president since Nixon in terms of spying on journalists and prosecuting leakers.

Ipso facto censored
As an advocate opponent of free speech, I prefer to think that censorship actually means something. As usual I'm in the minority.
Again corrected for accuracy
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Wangchung
He didn't censor conservatives, he just discriminated against them by having Lerner refuse them tax status that allowed them the ability to campaign and spread their message during a campaign season! TOTALLY different from the government not allowing people on the wrong side of the political spectrum to express their opinions... somehow.
Wangchung
Yahoo! is an excellent example of what happens when the Left is allowed censorship power.
Wangchung
Can't wait for the Ministry of Truth Fact checks to start.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/textbook-strips-gender-dysphoria-definition-cited-florida

When they can't win on logic, they change definitions.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/textbook-strips-gender-dysphoria-definition-cited-florida

Quite an ironic post on a thread that's all about changing the definition of censorship.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Quite an ironic post on a thread that's all about changing the definition of censorship.
Using the power of the government to stop people from using free speech to campaign for a favored politician isn't censorship anymore because mean tweets are bad. Got it.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Using the power of the government to stop people from using free speech to campaign for a favored politician isn't censorship anymore because mean tweets are bad. Got it.
Mean tweets are apparently enough to disqualify someone from a DHS position, so by that logic I guess they would disqualify a president too.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Mean tweets are apparently enough to disqualify someone from a DHS position, so by that logic I guess they would disqualify a president too.
Mean FALSE tweets definitely disqualify someone for the position of policing truth in tweets, absolutely.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Someone set to head up a disinformation board that is guilty of spreading disinformation. Yeah, I could see how that shouldn't cause pause.

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with the fox guarding the hen house
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Mean FALSE tweets definitely disqualify someone for the position of policing truth in tweets, absolutely.
You really don't think the dossier guy was on the podcast?
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

You really don't think the dossier guy was on the
podcast?
You really think Hunter Biden's laptop is Russian disinformation?
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

No Sam. You are playing games about defining censorship, pretty much everyone else is against the government having anything to do with censorship of non-violent opinions.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
Neither I nor she was in a position to know at the time. I think it was fair to say there were red flags.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
Neither I nor she was in a position to know at the time. I think it was fair to say there were red flags.
The facts were out there. The only people who were fooled were those who believed leftists. The rest of us used our memories of the claims that the Left made over the past five years and knew better.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

No Sam. You are playing games about defining censorship, pretty much everyone else is against the government having anything to do with censorship of non-violent opinions.
Which brings us back to that nagging question of what they are censoring and under what authority.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
The facts were out there. The only people who were fooled were those who believed leftists. The rest of us used our memories of the claims that the Left made over the past five years and knew better.
In other words you bought an ad hominem and jumped to a conclusion.
4th and Inches
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
yes he does.. he says we werent in a position to know that the business partner of Hunter Biden authenticated the emails and the validity of the information found on the laptop as well as Joe Biden being part of it all. Yep, how could we have known?
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
You would.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Which brings us back to that nagging question of what they are censoring and under what authority.
Sam is revealing a lot about himself, which on reflection he may wish he had kept private.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
No, in other words I and millions of others were rewarded over and over again in our skepticism of claims made by the left with being correct. This was just one more of those episodes. "You didn't know for sure!" But we were right, and common sense would tell anyone the same. Being wrong is one thing but broadcasting your ignorant opinions as facts because you hate Republicans is as partisan as it gets. THAT is why she is not fit.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
No, in other words I and millions of others were rewarded over and over again in our skepticism of claims made by the left with being correct. This was just one more of those episodes. "You didn't know for sure!" But we were right, and common sense would tell anyone the same. Being wrong is one thing but broadcasting your ignorant opinions as facts because you hate Republicans is as partisan as it gets. THAT is why she is not fit.
To this day we still don't know how much of the material on that laptop is authentic. You believe what you want to believe, as most people do. I have no stake in the issue whatsoever.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
To this day we still don't know how much of the material on that laptop is authentic. You believe what you want to believe, as most people do. I have no stake in the issue whatsoever.
Do you have ANY examples of inauthentic material recovered from the laptop?
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
Just to be clear, I was referring to the Ministry of Truth Czar with "Being wrong is one thing but broadcasting your ignorant opinions as facts because you hate Republicans is as partisan as it gets." not you.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
Do you have ANY examples of inauthentic material recovered from the laptop?
No, I just know there are reported anomalies in the data and there's still debate about it. Which is why this is a matter of opinion and not misinformation.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

podcast?
Just to be clear, I was referring to the Ministry of Truth Czar with "Being wrong is one thing but broadcasting your ignorant opinions as facts because you hate Republicans is as partisan as it gets." not you.
That's the nicest thing anyone here's ever said to me!

*sniffle*
Wangchung
Did some digging and there are articles saying what you stated about unverified materials, even statements about it from the shop owner himself, being passed off as "from the laptop". They ARE having a slow go at verifying partially downloaded emails and other documents that were never encrypted and have been downloaded and copied multiple times before the FBI got possession. That said, the totality of what has been able to be fully looked into so far HAS been verified as authentic by witnesses and investigators.
Robert Wilson
Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

He didn't censor them. He discriminated against them
This kinda **** is why I don't even respond to you anymore
No, it isn't.

If you had anything, you'd bring it.
You are bottomless pit of nonsense

Any conversation with you is just a tar baby

I'll let others waste their time if they so choose
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

Do you have an argument?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

Do you have an argument?
He's two steps ahead of 'Go Biden, Love Sam'
Harrison Bergeron
The Hunter Biden laptop demonstrates how the regimen media covers these types of stories. And it occurs frequently.

If there is a controversial story the regime supports, the regime media covers it with at best qualifies like "allegedly" or "according to sources" or at worst reports it as absolute truth until proven false.

If there is a controversial story the regime opposes, the regime media will at worse ignore it or at best mention it and then find some regime-supporting "expert" to tell us why it probably is not true.

This new Ministry of Truth simply formalizes a long-standing informal relationship and process.

The Hunter Biden laptop was a national embarrassment for our journalisiming class ...
- It was authenticated by a person with knowledge of Hunter Biden's dealings
- Joe nor Hunter Biden ever claimed it was fake
- There was not an ounce of evidence to make anyone thing it was "Russian disinformation"

But now the regime's Ministry of Truth can label anything the regime does not like as "Russian disinformation" and its allies in media and social media will respond by ignoring / suppressing.
Malbec
Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

Taking away the right to operate is akin to wrapping duct tape around their heads. There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to censor an organization.
Sam Lowry
Malbec said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

Taking away the right to operate is akin to wrapping duct tape around their heads. There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to censor an organization.
No one lost that right. Social welfare organizations aren't required to be certified in order to operate as non-profits.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Malbec said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

No one lost that right. Social welfare organizations aren't required to be certified in order to operate as non-profits.
Baghdad Bob's successor, See-nothing-Sam, in the house, ladies and gentlemen.
Robert Wilson
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

Do you have an argument?
Trying to justify discriminating against persons/entities with respect to their tax exempt status based on political viewpoint as not being censorship is pedantic to the point of being obtuse. It's viewpoint based discrimination. The government should not be in that business. To have to state such is absurd. To argue "but that's really not censorship" shows that you're more interested in arguing than in substance.
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it isn't.

Do you have an argument?
Trying to justify discriminating against persons/entities with respect to their tax exempt status based on political viewpoint as not being censorship is pedantic to the point of being obtuse. It's viewpoint based discrimination. The government should not be in that business. To have to state such is absurd. To argue "but that's really not censorship" shows that you're more interested in arguing than in substance.
I may disagree, but you expressed a cogent argument without insult

Thanks for furthering the discussion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.