Ministry of Truth

34,053 Views | 650 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cobretti
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

nein51 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cowboycwr said:

Maybe I missed it but.... How does Sam feel about this being killed off? I am sure he is sad it didn't get to take off.
It's one less thing to worry about in terms of potential government overreach, not that it was a huge worry to begin with.

Again, boils down to how much you trust the government. You just trust it much more than others (myself included). I'm just not sure how anyone can shrug it off as "not much potential for government overreach" when the person in charge was talking about wanting the ability to add context to tweets.
Compared to the average SicEm poster, I probably trust it more when Democrats are in power and less when Republicans are. But it's not my level of trust that's changing.

Obviously the potential for overreach was there. The thread wasn't about potential, though. It was about gross, shocking, outrageous violations of the Constitution (none of which anyone could identify).

No one would ever think to use the irs as a weapon.

No one would ever think to use the fbi as a weapon

No one would ever think to use rules and regs as a weapon from any number of government agencies

We are from the government and we're here to help you. Have some government cheese...and a blanket.
Sam Lowry
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

nein51 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cowboycwr said:

Maybe I missed it but.... How does Sam feel about this being killed off? I am sure he is sad it didn't get to take off.
It's one less thing to worry about in terms of potential government overreach, not that it was a huge worry to begin with.

Again, boils down to how much you trust the government. You just trust it much more than others (myself included). I'm just not sure how anyone can shrug it off as "not much potential for government overreach" when the person in charge was talking about wanting the ability to add context to tweets.
Compared to the average SicEm poster, I probably trust it more when Democrats are in power and less when Republicans are. But it's not my level of trust that's changing.

Obviously the potential for overreach was there. The thread wasn't about potential, though. It was about gross, shocking, outrageous violations of the Constitution (none of which anyone could identify).

No one would ever think to use the irs as a weapon.

No one would ever think to use the fbi as a weapon

No one would ever think to use rules and regs as a weapon from any number of government agencies

We are from the government and we're here to help you. Have some government cheese...and a blanket.
Right, but again…we do have an FBI and an IRS, and the world hasn't ended yet. It's a question of which rules and regulations they operate with and what they do with them.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

I try to apply the same standard to both parties and their critics.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Pretending you have applied the same standard to both parties and their critics is not going to fool many people into believing you actually do that, Sam.

Me, I'm like the prophet Jeremiah: Annoying and rude, but honest and on target.

(ducks before Sam tries to throw me into a well like his predecessors did to Jeremiah)
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Pretending you have applied the same standard to both parties and their critics is not going to fool many people into believing you actually do that, Sam.

(ducks before Sam tries to throw me into a well like his predecessors did to Jeremiah)
Not really. But Jeremiah did write the longest screed in the book, so at least you have that in common.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Not really. But Jeremiah did write the longest screed in the book, so at least you have that in common.
Gotta hand it to Sam. Whether he's speaking as a Pharisee, a self-impressed Royal Sycophant or a Fake Conservative, he gives it 100% every time.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Gotta hand it to Sam. Whether he's speaking as a Pharisee, a self-impressed Royal Sycophant or a Fake Conservative, he gives it 100% every time.
This ain't the way to spar. I swear you could turn a knock-knock joke into a sermon.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

This ain't the way to spar. I swear you could turn a knock-knock joke into a sermon.
Considering how you ignore anything but Trump hate, I could deliver the Secrets of the Universe and you'd never know.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Considering how you ignore anything but Trump hate, I could deliver the Secrets of the Universe and you'd never know.
You know what I just realized? Reading your posts in "Will Ferrell crying" voice makes them. So. Much. Better.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

knock knock..
Oldbear83
Well, I can understand you thinking of crying , with Trump facing no charges and leading in the polls.
Whiskey Pete
Cobretti said:

Is she lying or is she clueless?
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

nein51 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cowboycwr said:

Glad to see you finally admit that you're not a conservative. Or a republican for that matter.
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

nein51 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cowboycwr said:

Glad to see you finally admit that you're not a conservative. Or a republican for that matter.
Key words being "average SicEm poster."
LIB,MR BEARS
There should be a pole:

From 1-10, where do you rank yourself in trusting the government if 1=Katsung and 10=Sam Lowery?
Sam Lowry
LIB,MR BEARS said:

There should be a pole:

From 1-10, where do you rank yourself in trusting the government if 1=Katsung and 10=Sam Lowery?
But there should be a spelling test before you can participate. Private forum, so it's not unconstitutional.
Cobretti

"Disinformation" was the liberal Establishment's traumatic reaction to the psychic wound of 2016. It provided an answer that evaded the question altogether, protecting them from the agony of self-reflection. It wasn't that the country was riven by profound antinomies and resentments born of material realities that would need to be navigated by new kinds of politics. No, the problem was that large swaths of the country had been duped, brainwashed by nefarious forces both foreign and domestic. And if only the best minds, the most credentialed experts, could be given new authority to regulate the flow of "fake news," the scales would fall from the eyes of the people and they would re-embrace the old order they had been tricked into despising. This fantasy turned a political problem into a scientific one. The rise of Trump called not for new politics but new technocrats.
Mothra
Guys, Sam has drunk the Kool-Aid. COVID and Trump have driven out any semblance of reason or logic. When you have a poster who used to pride himself on his libertarian views defending a partisan "Ministry of Truth," you should know you are no longer dealing with someone playing with a full deck. Fear has warped him.

I appreciate the attempts to help him see the light, but it is a lost cause. Pearls before swine. Unfortunately, it's best to just put him on ignore, as others are now doing.
LIB,MR BEARS
Maybe the monkeys got him
Cobretti
"People @wiczipedia follows or mentioned can reply"

Harrison Bergeron
Rawhide said:

Cobretti said:

One of the things that regularly flummoxes me is the general lack of self-awareness of many people on the left. I think they just have a completely different world view. They genuinely believe they are pure and unbiased. For example, some actually believe parroting the Russia Hoax and ignoring the Biden family corruption is completely unbiased and non-partisan. I realize I'm generalizing, but my lived experience is right leaning folks tend to be more self-aware about where they are being biased.
BearFan33
Harrison Bergeron said:

Rawhide said:

Cobretti said:

One of the things that regularly flummoxes me is the general lack of self-awareness of many people on the left. I think they just have a completely different world view. They genuinely believe they are pure and unbiased. For example, some actually believe parroting the Russia Hoax and ignoring the Biden family corruption is completely unbiased and non-partisan. I realize I'm generalizing, but my lived experience is right leaning folks tend to be more self-aware about where they are being biased.
This is one of the problems with putting an activist in a roll like this. Their activism (for whatever cause) supersedes the job they were given.
Harrison Bergeron
BearFan33 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Rawhide said:

Cobretti said:

This is one of the problems with putting an activist in a roll like this. Their activism (for whatever cause) supersedes the job they were given.
Agreed. But in her mind, and in the minds of many on the left, she never was an activist but just a fair, objective arbiter of truth.
Cobretti
Cobretti
nein51
Bad laws in the wake of tragedy are still bad laws.
EatMoreSalmon
Cobretti said:

Any progress on this?
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

require is loosely translated to whatever yall want to do to conservatives is good with us
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Cobretti
Cobretti

Cobretti
Canada2017
Kamala Harris is the most dangerous Democrat in the country .

A motivated hater of the first order.......this sexual opportunist is only one mini stroke away from becoming the first woman POTUS.

If and when this happens.....Harris will destroy what's left of our traditional freedoms.

And none of this is accidental.
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

garbage in, garbage out..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.