Deconstructing from Fundamental Christianity

65,399 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasScientist
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You know, adherents to Islam share your same types of views. Have you ever considered the effects of being raised and living in a particualr culture on one's psyche and views of reality?
You do love the sound go your own voice, this is true. But it doesn't change the fact you're an apostate eugenicist that mistakes an asinine arrogance for intelligence and curiosity and consider yourself a "sage" for it.

And it is you who share much in common with Islam, since you think you can redefine Christ on your own terms as they do and be comfortable with that.

You're a really insipid cliche.

At least be a compelling troll and heretic, right now you're just a bore.

Have you considered that you're not a compelling and thoughtful scholar or anthropologist as you posture on the internet to be?
First of all, you are misrepresenting what I believe and are bearing false witness against me. Something a real Christian is admonished not to do. I'm not a eugenicist, never have I endorsed the concept, and I don't believe in its merits. Maybe you should consider if Satan is directing your thoughts.

I haven't redefined Christ on any terms. Christians regularly do that. Ergo all of the various Christian sects and beliefs now and in the past, and the historic evolution of Christianity and various Christian beliefs.

I don't think there is a reliably consistent definition of who he was, or what he taught, outside of broad general statements. I just point out the obvious flaws and antilogy. Those are more than objectively compelling on their own.

Unquestionably following a cultural belief, or cult should be a concern for any society.
First of all you're a disingenuous hack, no amount of repeating yourself redeems the fact you're not just incorrect, but arrogantly stupid.

Second of all, I do not care what you have to say about much of anything as your presuppositional understanding of the world is eugenicist and satanic.

The fact you think you're an authority about any of the topics at hand proves you're anything but scientific, just a mindless ideologue with an internet connection.

Your vitriol confirms my point.
Having contempt for your arrogance and stupidity is simply a byproduct directed at how contemptible you are, not a confirmation of anything else.

You could get a bullet in your face and it wouldn't lessen your brain power at this juncture.
Words inspired by the Holy Spirit through you know doubt.
Again, I'm not interested in the snark of a satanist, you're an ******* in general, but your insufferable arrogance needs no audience.
^^^ more fruits of the Spirit I guess? By definition, you have to believe in Satan to be a Satanist. Curious, do you believe your witness is more Christlike or Satanistic?
What you don't really seem to comprehend is that you're a detestable light weight. There are compelling atheists and non Christians in the world full of wit and charm and stimulating inquisitive conversation, you're not among them.

You're just a run of the mill arrogant ******* with Wi-Fi.
More of the love of Christ, huh? You'll know them by their fruit as I recall.
Tend to your own fruit. Seems to be rotten.
Your coments directed at me and your temperament is your fruit, isn't it?
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You know, adherents to Islam share your same types of views. Have you ever considered the effects of being raised and living in a particualr culture on one's psyche and views of reality?
You do love the sound go your own voice, this is true. But it doesn't change the fact you're an apostate eugenicist that mistakes an asinine arrogance for intelligence and curiosity and consider yourself a "sage" for it.

And it is you who share much in common with Islam, since you think you can redefine Christ on your own terms as they do and be comfortable with that.

Have you considered that you're not a compelling and thoughtful scholar or anthropologist as you posture on the internet to be?
First of all, you are misrepresenting what I believe and are bearing false witness against me. Something a real Christian is admonished not to do. I'm not a eugenicist, never have I endorsed the concept, and I don't believe in its merits. Maybe you should consider if Satan is directing your thoughts.

I haven't redefined Christ on any terms. Christians regularly do that. Ergo all of the various Christian sects and beliefs now and in the past, and the historic evolution of Christianity and various Christian beliefs.

I don't think there is a reliably consistent definition of who he was, or what he taught, outside of broad general statements. I just point out the obvious flaws and antilogy. Those are more than objectively compelling on their own.

Unquestionably following a cultural belief, or cult should be a concern for any society.
First of all you're a disingenuous hack, no amount of repeating yourself redeems the fact you're not just incorrect, but arrogantly stupid.

Second of all, I do not care what you have to say about much of anything as your presuppositional understanding of the world is eugenicist and satanic.

The fact you think you're an authority about any of the topics at hand proves you're anything but scientific, just a mindless ideologue with an internet connection.

Having contempt for your arrogance and stupidity is simply a byproduct directed at how contemptible you are, not a confirmation of anything else.

You could get a bullet in your face and it wouldn't lessen your brain power at this juncture.
Again, I'm not interested in the snark of a satanist, you're an ******* in general, but your insufferable arrogance needs no audience.
Your posts make me question whether you are a Christian. God doesn't need an angry, vengeful junior Holy Spirit.

Rest a few days
That idiotic assertion speaks to someone with a pretty shallow biblical knowledge and apparently little understanding of the words and rebukes of Christ, Paul and the Reformers.

Thou shalt be nice to liars and deceivers instead of rebuking them is an alternate gospel.

You can keep your impotent gospel of winsomeness, it'll win you neither praise from heretics or align you with good theology.
... get back to the good old days of witch trials, inquisitions, with some torture thrown in for good measure?
Seeming you're a modern day eugenicist you have a lot more in common with superstition and witchcraft than anyone here you're yelling at.
Seems to me you're the one yelling. For some reason you're fixated on eugenics. I'm concerned you may have latent Nazi/fascist ideas about genetic alteration of populations you deem undesirable. Superstition, and witchcraft are all part of religious mythology. You have to believe in that stuff for commonality.
They're ingrained in the eugenics you promote for sure, and it is proper to call it a religious zeal and belief you have in them.

And you're here to proselytize.
You're the one promoting eugenics. Ok, so you're a religious zealot. I can agree with you on that.
I guess we can identify another word you don't know how to use correctly, or another realm where you have zero self awareness.

TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Your posts make me question whether you are a Christian. God doesn't need an angry, vengeful junior Holy Spirit.

Rest a few days
That idiotic assertion speaks to someone with a pretty shallow biblical knowledge and apparently little understanding of the words and rebukes of Christ, Paul and the Reformers.

Thou shalt be nice to liars and deceivers instead of rebuking them is an alternate gospel.

You can keep your impotent gospel of winsomeness, it'll win you neither praise from heretics or align you with good theology.
... get back to the good old days of witch trials, inquisitions, with some torture thrown in for good measure?
Seeming you're a modern day eugenicist you have a lot more in common with superstition and witchcraft than anyone here you're yelling at.
Seems to me you're the one yelling. For some reason you're fixated on eugenics. I'm concerned you may have latent Nazi/fascist ideas about genetic alteration of populations you deem undesirable. Superstition, and witchcraft are all part of religious mythology. You have to believe in that stuff for commonality.
They're ingrained in the eugenics you promote for sure, and it is proper to call it a religious zeal and belief you have in them.

You're the one promoting eugenics. Ok, so you're a religious zealot. I can agree with you on that.
I guess we can identify another word you don't know how to use correctly, or another realm where you have zero self awareness.

I rely on the evidence of reality. Other realms are figments of your imagined mythology.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

^^^ more fruits of the Spirit I guess? By definition, you have to believe in Satan to be a Satanist. Curious, do you believe your witness is more Christlike or Satanistic?
What you don't really seem to comprehend is that you're a detestable light weight. There are compelling atheists and non Christians in the world full of wit and charm and stimulating inquisitive conversation, you're not among them.

1. You seemed to be in such a hurry that your spelling is messed up
2. My observation of our behavior is separate from any opinion of you personally
3. Your "fruit" is evident in your posts. Your fruit is your problem.
4. Even your insults lack gravitas.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You do love the sound go your own voice, this is true. But it doesn't change the fact you're an apostate eugthere is a reliably consistent definition of who he was, or what he taught, outside of broad general statements. I just point out the obvious flaws and antilogy. Those are more than objectively compelling on their own.

Rest a few days

I rely on the evidence of reality. Other realms are figments of your imagined mythology.
What really takes imagination is pretending you're interesting.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

2. My observation of our behavior is separate from any opinion of you personally
More evidence of your Christian witness.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You do love the sound go your own voice, this is true. But it doesn't change the fact you're an apostate eugthere is a reliably consistent definition of who he was, or what he taught, outside of broad general statements. I just point out the obvious flaws and antilogy. Those are more than objectively compelling on their own.

Rest a few days

See my reply to OldBear above.
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

See my reply to OldBear above.
I don't care what you have to say, you're not compelling nor intelligent. Quit being such a self absorbed internet troll crying out for attention.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

More evidence of your Christian witness.

You are accidentally correct, TS. You seem to think Christians are not allowed to criticize bad behavior, while in fact we are charged to do so.
joseywales
I have realized how ignorant I was to be following a superstion that was formed thousands of years ago when we knew nothing about how we got here how big the universe is and all the amazing discoveries about our earth and mankind , dna , evolution, etc we have had in last 20 years.
All religion is a man-made cultural tradition, built by the worst form of brainwashing , doing it to children before they can think for themselves. The history of Christianity is littered with obvious man made beliefs that originally came from other forms of religion from that time.
The actions of xhristians in history made sure it stuck around by conducting wars to wipe out or attempt to wipe out competing belief systems. Persecuting men women and children with Inquistions, imprisoning folks who believed differently etc.
The nature of mankind is to be superstitions, as we can see today by the millions of folks ignoring facts that directly contradict the belief of a personal God who judges you for an eternity based on the belief that God came down in man's form. This is an idea and a practice that was around thousands of years before Christianity.
I guess the earth is flat and aliens are among us and all science is only believed when it helps you and or your family. I guess the millions who die innocently each year from starvation and disease are just not seen by the all knowing god.
It is out there in plain sight, there is no personal God that many of man's religions claim. There may be a creator or a higher power and some intelligent maker of all life, but as mankind we cannot know or begin to comprehend what that complexity means..Live in love and respect and treasure your 2 seconds on this planet because most likely that is all we have
There is nothing wrong with not living forever, there probably no such thing. Be a candle in the dark..
Ursus Americanus
joseywales said:

I have realized how ignorant I was to be following a superstion that was formed thousands of years ago when we knew nothing about how we got here how big the universe is and all the amazing discoveries about our earth and mankind , dna , evolution, etc we have had in last 20 years.
All religion is a man-made cultural tradition, built by the worst form of brainwashing , doing it to children before they can think for themselves. The history of Christianity is littered with obvious man made beliefs that originally came from other forms of religion from that time.
The actions of xhristians in history made sure it stuck around by conducting wars to wipe out or attempt to wipe out competing belief systems. Persecuting men women and children with Inquistions, imprisoning folks who believed differently etc.
The nature of mankind is to be superstitions, as we can see today by the millions of folks ignoring facts that directly contradict the belief of a personal God who judges you for an eternity based on the belief that God came down in man's form. This is an idea and a practice that was around thousands of years before Christianity.
I guess the earth is flat and aliens are among us and all science is only believed when it helps you and or your family. I guess the millions who die innocently each year from starvation and disease are just not seen by the all knowing god.
It is out there in plain sight, there is no personal God that many of man's religions claim. There may be a creator or a higher power and some intelligent maker of all life, but as mankind we cannot know or begin to comprehend what that complexity means..Live in love and respect and treasure your 2 seconds on this planet because most likely that is all we have
There is nothing wrong with not living forever, there probably no such thing. Be a candle in the dark..

Next time you edit your posts, go all the way so that they're readable.
trey3216
joseywales said:

your last statement is pretty bold coming from someone that wants to be a wet blanket on a primordial human trait. Sad sad man you can be. I wouldn't bash you so much if you knew how to argue without treating every believer as a lower knowledge clown like you do. Just makes you look like the clown.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Osodecentx
You actually read that
trey3216
Osodecentx said:

You actually read that
I transcribed it
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BaylorJacket
joseywales said:

Thank you for your thoughts. I learn more into the hope of an all loving God, but agree that the tangible evidence is there that does not always make that an easy thing to believe.

Live in love - 100%.
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Thank you for your thoughts. I learn more into the hope of an all loving God, but agree that the tangible evidence is there that does not always make that an easy thing to believe.

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

If God claims to be love then how can an atheist claim love since it's a concept that they certainly won't share on Christian terms?

A believer and non believer can't even define love the same, they occupy two different realities of humanity.

From a foundational and a presuppositional perspective there is no neutral interpretation of anything about being human that is shared between a Christian and non Christian.

One believes in a sovereign God and the other in nihilistic chance, they do not even experience basic day to day relationships the same with that chasm in perspective.

joseywales
I care for all people, not bashing at all, everything I said is factual information and an observation from a 35 year journey deep in the Christian faith, unlike you I did not name call just simply pointed out the obvious once freed from the blindness and darkness my faith kept me in...love brother don't hate.
Ursus Americanus
joseywales said:

I care for all people, not bashing at all, everything I said is factual information and an observation from a 35 year journey deep in the Christian faith, unlike you I did not name call just simply pointed out the obvious once freed from the blindness and darkness my faith kept me in...love brother don't hate.
Factual information? You're awfully dogmatic and arrogant, all that has even been and ever will be is known unto you by your five senses and what ever materials you've digested.

Don't look now, but you operate with a lot of faith about reality and eternity and the cosmos itself.

Who is your brother? How are they your brother? What is love and hate but a construct?

If you came from nothing and will return to nothing at least have the courage that your finite chance existence doesn't mean anything in the interim, you're just a cosmic roll of the dice that will be gone soon enough.

And this alleged blindness you cured yourself from, what did it solve for you? As a mortal being destined to die and with nothing but artificial meaning to assign yourself until then, what "freedom" or "darkness" have you been unleashed from?

And how does your self assigned purpose trump the self assigned purposes for anyone else? Why bark at them and deride their beliefs as in vain? Aren't you all just filling the time in vain as beings destined for the void from which you originally came?
joseywales
I am not an atheist, so you obviously did not read the entire post. Love is a human term and so is God.
My point was simply to say after 35 years deep in the Christian faith I realized that I was believing a fairy tale spun by man for man and there is nothing godly about it. And it goes for all 2000 religious belief systems on the earth. There is zero proof of God immersed into mankind's affairs and a mountain of proof that points to it being manmade. Live in love and everyone can do that regardless of superstitious beliefs.Love is love.
Ursus Americanus
joseywales said:

Ia not an atheist so you obviously did not read the entire post. Love is a human term and so is God.
My point was simply to say after 35 years deep in the Christian faith I realized that I was believing a fairy tale spun by man for man and there is nothing godly about it. And it goes for all 2000 religious belief systems on the earth. There is zero proof of God immersed into mankind's affairs and a mountain of proof that points to it being manmade. Live in love and everyone can do that regardless of superstitious beliefs.Love is love.
So you ranted about superstition and then declared your superstitions superior to another's.
Coke Bear
Ursus Americanus said:

What is love?

If God claims to be love then how can an atheist claim love since it's a concept that they certainly won't share on Christian terms?

A believer and non believer can't even define love the same, they occupy two different realities of humanity.

Love is defined as willing the good of another.

Quite simple, God always wills our good.

He is Love.
Coke Bear
joseywales said:

I am not an atheist, so you obviously did not read the entire post. Love is a human term and so is God.
I appreciate you posting your views.

If you don't mind sharing, what led you to believe that Christianity (or religion) is a fairy tale?

Can I assume from your post that you believe in a prime-mover or un-caused-cause, but not a god that interacts with mankind?
Ursus Americanus
Coke Bear said:

Ursus Americanus said:

What is love?

He is Love.
Then by this definition it can't be known to an atheist, or at best will be known in spite of themselves.
LIB,MR BEARS
joseywales said:

Opinion is now factual?
Ursus Americanus
LIB,MR BEARS said:

joseywales said:

Opinion is now factual?
It's always remarkable how dogmatic and absolutist the moral relativists and "you can't know the truth" crowd tend to be.

BaylorJacket
Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

From a foundational and a presuppositional perspective there is no neutral interpretation of anything about being human that is shared between a Christian and non Christian.

One believes in a sovereign God and the other in nihilistic chance, they do not even experience basic day to day relationships the same with that chasm in perspective.

Not sure if you're inferring that I'm an atheist, but that is far from the truth. Regardless, Christians do not own "love". It is something that is universal and inclusive to all.

If you're seriously asking what love is, it's a subconscious drive that evolved millions of years ago that affects the biochemistry all over the brain. Philosophically, I believe it is ever growing and evolving in nature as we better understand Christ.

A believer and non-believer can certainly both experience God's love.
Coke Bear
Ursus Americanus said:

Coke Bear said:

Ursus Americanus said:

What is love?

He is Love.
Then by this definition it can't be known to an atheist, or at best will be known in spite of themselves.
I may have to disagree.

If Love is "Willing the Good of Another" (as defined by St. Thomas Aquinas), then certainly atheists can know and express love.
BusyTarpDuster2017
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

Not sure if you're inferring that I'm an atheist, but that is far from the truth. Regardless, Christians do not own "love". It is something that is universal and inclusive to all.

If you're seriously asking what love is, it's a subconscious drive that evolved millions of years ago that affects the biochemistry all over the brain. Philosophically, I believe it is ever growing and evolving in nature as we better understand Christ.

If love is merely the product of evolution, it is not and can not be universal or inclusive to all.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Coke Bear said:

Ursus Americanus said:

What is love?

He is Love.
Now you have to define "good".

Therein lies the difference in the meaning of "love" for the Christian, liberal "deconstructed christian", agnostic, and atheist.
Oldbear83
"A believer and non-believer can certainly both experience God's love."

But one will mistake that love for an irrational emotion based on the tofu he/she/it had for brunch. The other can have a life in union with God.
BaylorJacket
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

If love is merely the product of evolution, it is not and can not be universal or inclusive to all.
Would you be able to expand more on this? I fail to see how the evolutionary development process of love would cause it to not be inclusive. If anything, I see it the other way around.
Wrecks Quan Dough
BaylorJacket said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

Would you be able to expand more on this? I fail to see how the evolutionary development process of love would cause it to not be inclusive. If anything, I see it the other way around.
The lion loves the antelope. The lion wills good for the antelope. Evolution has cause the lion to love the antelope.
LIB,MR BEARS
If there is no Creator God, then love is a biochemical reaction. It is neither objectively good or evil, it just is.

Love of the Arian became a motivation to eliminate the Jew. Love of a person's child became motivation to provide a good upbringing for that child.

If love comes from God, then we can all experience love and receive the benefits of love just as we do air, reason, intelligence etc… all things from God.

Why should an atheist love the handicapped. They are a drain on society? Athirst may love the handicapped but, why?

Why does the Christian love the handicapped? They are created in God's image, just as we are all are.
Ursus Americanus
BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

I wasn't referring to you at all, the person you were responding to with ill defined definitions of love is what I addressed.

Because the default position of chance existence is nihilism, all that fills our days a construct, and there is no truth nor right or wrong, merely preferences and the pursuit of power to implement preferences for preferences sake and not anything of real intrinsic worth because those are artificial constructs in that paradigm of belief…If intellectually consistent, which atheists and spiritualists and agnostics seldom are. They tend to cherry-pick virtues from other traditions they can't quantify.
BusyTarpDuster2017
BaylorJacket said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BaylorJacket said:

Ursus Americanus said:

BaylorJacket said:

joseywales said:

Live in love - 100%.
What is love?

If love is merely a biochemical evolutionary end product that lies in our genetic code, it would also then be subject to the same inborn errors of expression that cause humans to be born without, or with severe dysfunction of, any other human trait that arose from evolution. Not all humans were born with arms, a normally functioning heart, or the full complement of metabolic enzymes, for example, even though humans evolved to have them. Why would love be any different, then? Universality can not be asserted for inheritable biologic processes.

Moreover, if love is merely the product of evolutionary change, then it can be eradicated through change as well. There is no guarantee that this hasn't happened in any line of humans throughout human history. Or that many of them don't exist today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.