40 Dead

10,256 Views | 270 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Not trying to paint all conservatives as anything. Just those that post here that they have no sympathy for people who were fried to death.
I've seen it firsthand.

I want more immigrants, we need more immigrants and I feel awful for them.

We need to simultaneously increase immigration, while making drug and human trafficking across the border damn near impossible.

Good idea
LIB,MR BEARS
Booray said:

Not trying to paint all conservatives as anything. Just those that post here that they have no sympathy for people who were fried to death.

Maybe quoting you will help you remember.

"Conservatism has morphed from a thousand points of light to a black hole of hate."

quash
contrario said:

quash said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Uh, no.

If the border were open they wouldn't be hiding in a truck.

Y'all need to think.

You've clearly never been to the Mexico/US border. It is wide open. And while you and people like you continue to ignore this fact, thousands of people die every year trying to illegally cross the open border with the aid of cartels taking advantage of poor and many times uneducated people (not dumb people, just people that lack the education to look up legal immigration laws). So you can continue to deny this fact and we can spend time talking about whether the border is open or not, or we can accept that we have a wide open border that the cartel is using to take advantage of and endanger innocent people just looking for a better life. Maybe if we can get past this obvious fact, we can start talking about real solutions and maybe we won't have another 40 innocent people dead in the back of a truck tomorrow.

I have. And I have crossed many times over the last fifty years. I've had to go through the stops well in from the border. I never had my truck searched, but it was x-rayed as I pulled up.

It is not wide open. If it were people would not die all the time in dangerous crossings. Obvious fact indeed.

Our immigration policy needs to be reformed. There are all kinds of win involved in reform. But first we have to be truthful about the status quo.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Booray
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

"Conservatism has morphed from a thousand points of light to a black hole of hate."

That clearly was directed t Golem and his specific statements.
Golem
Sam Lowry said:

Golem said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Golem said:

Booray said:

Golem said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Golem said:

muddybrazos said:

Golem said:

A car thief dies in a car wreck…zero sympathy.
A murderer accidentally shoots and kills himself…zero sympathy.
A burglar falls from the window he's breaking into and dies…zero sympathy.
An illegal violates our borders and sovereignty and dies committing that crime…zero sympathy.

If you want to live with less risk, don't violate the law.
Well, we aren't even enforcing our own laws and the cartels are in complete control of the border. These people coming are being sent a message by our government and NGO's that are helping fund their journey that if they can get here then they can stay. The cartels are exploiting this and these poor people are just being caught in the crossfire.

They are choosing to break the law. Certainly democrat politicians are complicit, but it doesn't change the fact that these people are knowingly violating our laws. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Desperate people trying to provide for their family sometimes do "stupid" things.

Evil, selfish, greedy, and entitled people do too. There's tractor trailers full of them.

Conservatism has morphed from a thousand points of light to a black hole of hate.
There's no hate. There's simply zero sympathy for evil, greedy, selfish and entitled foreign invaders who illegally and completely dismissive and disdainful of our sovereignty, bring violence, rape, murder, addiction, and economic ruin to our country. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The only hate here is your obvious hatred for your country and fellow citizens.

"Zero sympathy" might not be a synonym for hate, but it is not really a gospel inspired position..
You have a bigger problem than you realize,

People aren't voting republican because of Judeo-Christian moral positions. They're voting in Tea party types because they don't trust our system anymore. A system that every single democrat wants to expand.

A rational position is that congress needs to allocate funds and competence to fix immigration and streamline it. Like whiterock said, that's not advantageous to either party at the moment. Only tea party types are headed in that direction.

There's too much red tape and bureaucratic stonewalling and you need to stop supporting it if you really want solutions.

You have a bigger problem than me if you have to defend a lack of sympathy for people who died horrible deaths while trying to find a better life.

Burglars break into homes to find a better life too. Bank robbers rob banks to find a better life. Car thieves steal cars to find a better life. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
What about people who exceed the speed limit in pursuit of a better life and end up having an accident? Leave them to die?

If they are citizens or legal residents, they should get limited support. If they are illegal invaders, they never should have been in country to begin with. Their disasters should be their punishment and we should spend our limited resources saving the victims of the illegal invaders. Every one of their deaths should be reported as the just outcome it happens to be.
LIB,MR BEARS
Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

That clearly was directed t Golem and his specific statements.
I understand because when I say liberalism, in a conversation with you, it clearly means you and not the group of people that fall under the descriptor or liberal or "liberalism".
Sherwin Williams (D) for President

I had already gone through a long exchange with Golem over his comments and somehow, I was able to single him out.
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

An illegal violates our borders and sovereignty and dies committing that crime…zero sympathy.

who is your neighbor?

The one who doesn't illegally invade my country, spreading his drug epidemics and gang warfare.

These people are the robbers, not the innocent traveler.
the Jews and Samaritans were enemies. When the priest and Levite walked past, did they do the right thing?

When a cop shoots and wounds someone that was just trying to harm them, is the right thing for them to let them lay there and bleed or to administer first aid?

If you were first on the scene at the trailer would you have administered some form of help to the handful that were still clinging to life like you would have if your neighbor was clinging to life?

Your the one that said "zero sympathy". I'm just wondering does that apply to the handful that didn't die before the discovery.

PS. the story of the Good Samaritan doesn't tell us if the traveler was a Jew or a Samaritan. Apparently, Jesus didn't think it mattered in the telling of the story.
Illegals are the violent robbers, not the traveler who was mugged in the parable. Your attempted analog falls flat. Invaders who storm a neighboring country in the tens of millions and bring violence and death generally receive a very just death, themselves. These people received justice. I have zero sympathy for invaders.

you didn't address the cop scenario or if you'd been the first on scene.

I would not save a murderer from his folly, no. I would not save a home invader from his folly, no. I would not save a car jacker from his folly, no. I would not save rapist from his folly, no. I would not save a criminal from his folly, no.

Everyone's life has a purpose. If you die in the course of committing a criminal act, your purpose is to serve as an example to others who would consider following in your footsteps. Every illegal invader to our country who dies in the process of breaking our laws and invading our country deserves the punishment countries have rendered to invaders since time immemorial.

There are certain parts of the Bible I struggle with and would prefer to ignore like I do asparagus at a buffet.

Many on here, including myself, have commented how those living a homosexual lifestyle and calling themselves Christian ignore the Bible in that aspect as though it is their asparagus.

I struggle with love your enemy as I guess you also do. I guess that's our asparagus.

Actually, love your enemy is only a struggle if we treat is as scripture. When we treat it as asparagus it's no problem. Buffet Christian?

So your interpretation of scripture makes you a complete anti-war, anti-police, anti-prison, anti-self defense pacifist. Got it.

Not hardly. Someone earlier in the thread described what is going on with the boarder, immigration and the legal side and processing side of it (Whiterock maybe).

I'm all about enforcing the law or rewriting laws to something that serves an intelligent purpose and is enforceable.

The process is willingly broken, willingly unmanageable. We don't have to be. We can fix ourselves by showing grace as we have received grace, mercy as we have received mercy all while we work on fixing a broken immigration system.
True, and immigrants are a grace to us through the labor they provide.
What labor? They can't legally work.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

who is your neighbor?

The one who doesn't illegally invade my country, spreading his drug epidemics and gang warfare.

the Jews and Samaritans were enemies. When the priest and Levite walked past, did they do the right thing?

When a cop shoots and wounds someone that was just trying to harm them, is the right thing for them to let them lay there and bleed or to administer first aid?

If you were first on the scene at the trailer would you have administered some form of help to the handful that were still clinging to life like you would have if your neighbor was clinging to life?

Your the one that said "zero sympathy". I'm just wondering does that apply to the handful that didn't die before the discovery.

PS. the story of the Good Samaritan doesn't tell us if the traveler was a Jew or a Samaritan. Apparently, Jesus didn't think it mattered in the telling of the story.
Illegals are the violent robbers, not the traveler who was mugged in the parable. Your attempted analog falls flat. Invaders who storm a neighboring country in the tens of millions and bring violence and death generally receive a very just death, themselves. These people received justice. I have zero sympathy for invaders.

I would not save a murderer from his folly, no. I would not save a home invader from his folly, no. I would not save a car jacker from his folly, no. I would not save rapist from his folly, no. I would not save a criminal from his folly, no.

Everyone's life has a purpose. If you die in the course of committing a criminal act, your purpose is to serve as an example to others who would consider following in your footsteps. Every illegal invader to our country who dies in the process of breaking our laws and invading our country deserves the punishment countries have rendered to invaders since time immemorial.

There are certain parts of the Bible I struggle with and would prefer to ignore like I do asparagus at a buffet.

Many on here, including myself, have commented how those living a homosexual lifestyle and calling themselves Christian ignore the Bible in that aspect as though it is their asparagus.

I struggle with love your enemy as I guess you also do. I guess that's our asparagus.

Actually, love your enemy is only a struggle if we treat is as scripture. When we treat it as asparagus it's no problem. Buffet Christian?

So your interpretation of scripture makes you a complete anti-war, anti-police, anti-prison, anti-self defense pacifist. Got it.

Not hardly. Someone earlier in the thread described what is going on with the boarder, immigration and the legal side and processing side of it (Whiterock maybe).

I'm all about enforcing the law or rewriting laws to something that serves an intelligent purpose and is enforceable.

The process is willingly broken, willingly unmanageable. We don't have to be. We can fix ourselves by showing grace as we have received grace, mercy as we have received mercy all while we work on fixing a broken immigration system.
They can't legally cross the border, either…yet here they are.
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

who is your neighbor?

They can't legally cross the border, either…yet here they are.
Great. Send them home.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

A car thief dies in a car wreck%85zero sympathy.
A murderer accidentally shoots and kills himself%85zero sympathy.
A burglar falls from the window he's breaking into and dies%85zero sympathy.
An illegal violates our borders and sovereignty and dies committing that crime%85zero sympathy.

who is your neighbor?

I struggle with love your enemy as I guess you also do. %A0I guess that's our asparagus.

What labor? %A0They can't legally work.
They can't legally cross the border, either%85yet here they are.
Great. %A0Send them home.
Great. Except that we need the labor.
Canada2017
Golem said:

Booray said:

Immigration policy is difficult and complicated. I have no problem with people arguing for stricter immigration laws or enforcement.

But not having sympathy for folks who die horrible deaths trying for a better life is just beyond the pale for me.

When the uninsured illegal kills your family in a car wreck that never should have happened because he shouldn't have been in the country at all, you can tend his wounds.
Sounds harsh right ?

Fact is this garbage IS happening ..........and no one cares until its a member of their family .
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Uh, no.

If the border were open they wouldn't be hiding in a truck.

Y'all need to think.

Yes they are. And it has already been discussed and explained in this thread.

Read the thread, the explanation was not an explanation. The borders are not open.

I wish they were and have said so for years.

It was. You just didn't like it.
whiterock
Booray said:

Immigration policy is difficult and complicated. I have no problem with people arguing for stricter immigration laws or enforcement.

But not having sympathy for folks who die horrible deaths trying for a better life is just beyond the pale for me.

Then you should demand every single illegal alien apprehended be returned to their home country.

Until the odds of failure become likely, illegals are not going to quit giving the cartels their life saving to carry them to the USA.
quash
whiterock said:

Until the odds of failure become likely, illegals are not going to quit giving the cartels their life saving to carry them to the USA.

Better option: put the trafficking cartels out of business by opening the border to workers.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wangchung
quash said:

whiterock said:

Better option: put the trafficking cartels out of business by opening the border to workers.

So deport or refuse all the people who claim reasons outside of economic hardship? That's cold and it still requires vetting and control of the border. Try again.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
OsoCoreyell
quash said:

whiterock said:

If there was an intelligent guest worker setup, I could see wide support. But you do have to recognize that (1) guest worker programs do tend to drive down real wages in many blue-collar job sectors, and (2) the guest worker programs in Europe have been very hard to enforce, with many, many guest workers overstaying. There are tradeoffs and costs.
quash
OsoCoreyell said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

If there was an intelligent guest worker setup, I could see wide support. But you do have to recognize that (1) guest worker programs do tend to drive down real wages in many blue-collar job sectors, and (2) the guest worker programs in Europe have been very hard to enforce, with many, many guest workers overstaying. There are tradeoffs and costs.

I can't convince the KnowNothings on this board, but most of the illegals here are visa overstays, so that has always been a problem. But they had time limited visas from the start; the bracero approach lasted as long as the job did, so a reduced overstay (basically some of those who lose their job).

I'm willing to have a small increase in overstays to get rid of the cartels. But when push comes to shove most on this thread will balk at any solution that allows one illegal to commit one property crime. Just unrealistic.
Fre3dombear
This blood is on the Mulecrats hands
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Fre3dombear said:

I remember a truck with deaths in San Antonio in 2017. Blood on Trump voters hands?

Golem

Fre3dombear said:

I remember a truck with deaths in San Antonio in 2017. Blood on Trump voters hands?

1. TRUMP: Holds off invaders. Some get through.
2. BIDEN/DEMS: Welcome invaders. Hundreds of thousands more get through.

Same? No. Only if you have the intellectual wherewithal of a four year old Somali refugee with a severe learning disability.
Wangchung
Fre3dombear said:

Same people who have been fighting immigration control for decades.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Fre3dombear

Fre3dombear said:

How would that make any sense?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You are blaming an event that has been happening for years on a particular party. It happened under biden. It happened under Trump. I didn't look it up but I bet it happened under obama.

Both parties are to blame. It will keep.happening as long as we support the cartels and hold onto an immigration plan that doesn't work and we can't enforce.

We have jobs and they need work. It isn't difficult.
Wangchung
It happens because we have enough democrat politicians that block any legislation or actions (physical barrier) that could help. They have legions of morons that vote democrat that parrot lines like "walls don't work!" and "the border crossed THEM!!!" and "they do the jobs Americans won't do!" Pretending it's the fault of the sitting president and all other context is irrelevant is just partisan gamesmanship.
Whiskey Pete
Wangchung said:

It happens because we have enough democrat politicians that block any legislation or actions (physical barrier) that could help. They have legions of morons that vote democrat that parrot lines like "walls don't work!" and "the border crossed THEM!!!" and "they do the jobs Americans won't do!" Pretending it's the fault of the sitting president and all other context is irrelevant is just partisan gamesmanship.
Yep... this crap about "they do jobs Americans won't do"

Here's an idea, stop importing cheap ass labor for work Americans won't do.

If we stop the importation of illegal and cheap labor, then companies will be forced to offer a higher pay to attract Americans for the "work they don't want to do". The liberals should love this. I mean after all, it would equal a huge transfer of wealth from the employer to the employee. The lefties should be all over it.

Of course, it's transfer of wealth through wages that are earned and we know leftists hate anyone that earns their way.

Here's a better idea. Let's just invade Mexico, take it over, clean it up then flip it (or lease it out)
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Yep... this crap about "they do jobs Americans won't do"

Here's an idea, stop importing cheap ass labor for work Americans won't do.

If we stop the importation of illegal and cheap labor, then companies will be forced to offer a higher pay to attract Americans for the "work they don't want to do". The liberals should love this. I mean after all, it would equal a huge transfer of wealth from the employer to the employee. The lefties should be all over it.

Of course, it's transfer of wealth through wages that are earned and we know leftists hate anyone that earns their way.

Here's a better idea. Let's just invade Mexico, take it over, clean it up then flip it (or lease it out)
With our fearless leader and our new Woke military, I am more concerned about Mexico invading the U.S.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

An illegal violates our borders and sovereignty and dies committing that crime%85zero sympathy.

who is your neighbor?

I struggle with love your enemy as I guess you also do. %A0I guess that's our asparagus.

Stop aborting the population. Send them back.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

who is your neighbor?

Stop aborting the population. Send them back.
I snapped my fingers and it didn't happen. What's your backup plan?
Wangchung
That's about the level of effort one would expect to be put forth by a leftist when it comes to securing the border. "I said 'root causes' 47 times last week! What else do you expect me to do?!? Nothing works!"
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

That's about the level of effort one would expect to be put forth by a leftist when it comes to securing the border. "I said 'root causes' 47 times last week! What else do you expect me to do?!? Nothing works!"
I agree we should stop aborting and grow the population. In the mean time we still need people. You can scoff at the "jobs Americans aren't willing to do" argument, but it's undeniably true in one sense: we have not been willing to sustain our population. That's what I mean when I say the immigrants' contribution is a grace.
Wangchung
I disagree. Only by creating a demand for workers can we raise wages. We cannot create that demand while cheap illegal labor is readily available.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

I disagree. Only by creating a demand for workers can we raise wages. We cannot create that demand while cheap illegal labor is readily available.
You can't create wealth just by raising wages. It takes labor.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

You can't create wealth just by raising wages. It takes labor.
You cannot create demand by flooding the market with supply.
Canada2017

You are blaming an event that has been happening for years on a particular party. It happened under biden. It happened under Trump. I didn't look it up but I bet it happened under obama.

Both parties are to blame. It will keep.happening as long as we support the cartels and hold onto an immigration plan that doesn't work and we can't enforce.

We have jobs and they need work. It isn't difficult.

7th time

Please finally tell us which sector of the US economy can employ 2 million illegals .

The vast majority who cannot tread write or speak English .

It's not difficult.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I am humbled that you only read my posts. I didnt answer because several other posters have addressed the need for low level wage earners.

Here in North Carolinas there are wanted signs all over for entry level jobs. We went to an Applenbees in Raleigh. When we entered we were told there were two groups ahead of us. Half the place was empty. He quicjly expl;ained there had only two waitresses so it wasnt a shortage of tables but labor.

Other posters went into more depth including lower birth rate and more demand for labor. The jobs are there. People can learn to speak English. Some the workers up here can barely speak proper English anyway.

https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/understanding-americas-labor-shortage
https://immigrationforum.org/article/americas-labor-shortage-how-low-immigration-levels-accentuated-the-problem-and-how-immigration-can-fix-it/

You are the poster that never posts stats or links. You often back your argument with:

I had lunch with two hispanic border agents yesterday and they told me.......

I have helped the people with family members that have drug problems and they told me...

I ran into several policeman yesterday and they told me...

You are one of my favorite two posters but its surprises me you were demanding data. I gave you a little and csn find more if you like. There are jobs in America to be filled by people that want to work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.