Kari Lake Loses

11,511 Views | 322 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
BearN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's be clear though. The mainstream media and social media tech overlords created post 2016 ULTRAMAGA Trump

He was a sleaze to start with, no doubt, but the policies he ran on were good.

The non-stop lies and conspiracies perpetrated against him by the degenerate leftist media, Hollywood, the ridiculous censorship on Facebook and Twitter, and now we find out the FBI conspiracies , turned him in to the Trump of today.

Yes he needs to go, but the lunatic left turned him in to the guy that sees enemies out to get him behind every corner, because there actually are lunatics out to get him behind every corner.

What Trump became in the eyes of the left says more about the leftist media than it does about Trump.

They will do this to the next candidate. Turn them in to the devil.
BearN
And let me get this straight: some of you believe the Republicans didn't have a mid-term red wave because the candidates they ran were weak Trump supporters.

So people instead voted for truly reprehensible ****bags like Fetterman because they didn't want to vote for people that questioned the validity of an election where a truly reprehensible ****bag like Biden somehow was able to win?

Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

SNL and late night couldn't come up with one joke about Katie "Uh uh uh uh" Hobbs...shocking.

How do people who can't even communicate their thoughts well can win a statewide election, even the Governorship.

It amazes me. Fetterman is excample #1, but this lady is pretty bad.
At least Fetterman was man enough to do a debate. Katie Hobbs wouldn't even do that b/c she knows she would have lost the Governorship if she had to actually have a discussion beyond calling Kari Lake "an election denier".

Wrecks Quan Dough
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

SNL and late night couldn't come up with one joke about Katie "Uh uh uh uh" Hobbs...shocking.

How do people who can't even communicate their thoughts well can win a statewide election, even the Governorship.

Jack Bauer
He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

How do you go to an interview with a Hispanic reporter in a state that is 1/3 Hispanic and not have some basic canned response to this question?
Forest Bueller_bf
He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

All talking points, no answer.
Canada2017
BearN said:

Canada2017 said:

BearN said:

He fought a good fight, but in the end, our dear friend Mothra is exhibiting all the tell-tale signs of one of the worst epidemics of our age. Just goes to show that even the best of us are not immune to this terrible disease. I am sorry to report that he has fallen victim TDS.
Trump has been a victim of TDS since he lost his re election bid in 2020 .

And his case is about to go viral.......very publicly.

Still better than the finest Democrat

but yes, I pray he doesn't make it past the primaries

There are some moderate Democrats I would take over Trump.

But they will never get nominated.
BearN
Canada2017 said:

BearN said:

Canada2017 said:

BearN said:

He fought a good fight, but in the end, our dear friend Mothra is exhibiting all the tell-tale signs of one of the worst epidemics of our age. Just goes to show that even the best of us are not immune to this terrible disease. I am sorry to report that he has fallen victim TDS.

When push comes to shove, you prioritize personality over platform and policy. They are more Pollyanna than Pragmatist. And they are easily influenced by the prevailing winds of public opinion and mainstream media shenanigans.

It's millions of Americans like this that gave us candidates like Joe Biden.
Canada2017
BearN said:

Canada2017 said:

BearN said:

Canada2017 said:

BearN said:

That's because when push comes to shove, you prioritize personality over platform and policy. You are more Pollyanna than Pragmatist. Yes, you've made that clear many times.

It's millions of Americans like you that gave us candidates like Joe Biden.

No

I prioritize mental stability involving those in control of our nuclear arsenal.

And neither Trump or Biden should be involved . They are both far too old and far too neurotic.
muddybrazos
There's no doubt that Katie Hobbs and democrats did their usual tricks to alter the outcome of this election. She oversees the elections and it took a week to count the votes. Kari Lake absolutely has a legitimate claim in a lawsuit bc what is going on there is racketeering.
HuMcK
When Brian Kemp was GA Secretary of State and overseeing his own election for Governor, a security audit revealed the main server storing election info had a gaping security flaw that of course did not get fixed. Stacy Abrams sued after she lost based on that security audit and lack of any effort to fix the issue, and wouldn't you know it the server holding all the data got wiped clean with no indication of who ordered it.

Just a quick fun fact that seemed pertinent.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

When Brian Kemp was GA Secretary of State and overseeing his own election for Governor, a security audit revealed the main server storing election info had a gaping security flaw that of course did not get fixed. Stacy Abrams sued after she lost based on that security audit and lack of any effort to fix the issue, and wouldn't you know it the server holding all the data got wiped clean with no indication of who ordered it.

She would have lost by even more. She is like a female Robert Francis O'Rourke. She was born with one purpose in life and that purpose is to lose elections.
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

There's no doubt that Katie Hobbs and democrats did their usual tricks to alter the outcome of this election. She oversees the elections and it took a week to count the votes. Kari Lake absolutely has a legitimate claim in a lawsuit bc what is going on there is racketeering.
After 2020, that will not gain traction. Only way forward on election issues is to have the proof and then go after prosecutions. Thoughts that it doesn't look right, circumstantial evidence, or hints will not be enough going forward and will only hurt whoever brings it forward. You can thank the idiots that invaded the Capital on Jan 6th and Trump's lawyers for losing all those lawsuits for chasing the wrong things.

The US is pretty much tone deaf on election fraud, not following rules or counting delays.
Harrison Bergeron
Since 2000, has a Republican won a close race where there was irregularities in large, Democrat-controlled counties?
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

Since 2000, has a Republican won a close race where there was irregularities in large, Democrat-controlled counties?
Does not matter without proof. January 6th has made it next to impossible to say election irregularity without being labeled a crackpot. Those idiots did so much damage, they have no idea. Trump too, with his rally with Rudi on Jan 6th. That was ill advised.
Wrecks Quan Dough
RMF5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Does not matter without proof. January 6th has made it next to impossible to say election irregularity without being labeled a crackpot. Those idiots did so much damage, they have no idea. Trump too, with his rally with Rudi on Jan 6th. That was ill advised.
Why self sensor?
Harrison Bergeron
RMF5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I don't disagree with you but was just curious.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

Trump's failure is complete. She was his darling. Attended a number of her rallies, and really threw his weight behind her. And she was a gifted and smart communicator, going up against a milquetoast Dem. But she had to sell her soul to get his approval, spouting his election nonsense. And that cost her.

Just proves Trump's toxicity. Hopefully, this is the nail in his coffin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/democrat-katie-hobbs-defeats-maga-favorite-kari-lake-high-stakes-race-rcna55172

McCain wing of the AZ Republicans win another one for the Democrats. They will keep doing it (crossing over to vote D). until they can wrest control of the party back from the (much larger) conservative wing of the party.

Perhaps Kari Lake arguing for a bigger tent, as opposed to parroting Trump's conspiracy theories, would have helped her gain the slim margin she needed to win in AZ. But not only did she bend knee to Trump, she also alienated McCain voters with her comments about him.

I don't disagree with you about McCain or his supporters, but she (and Trump) must share a lot of the blame for this one.

"success has many fathers and failure is an orphan."

Plenty of blame to go around but in fairness we cannot absolve the Oso/Cheney faction for actively assisting the enemy. Incompetence is one thing, but purposely assisting the enemy while we are in a struggle with them has to be called out for what it is.

That's a silver lining for Desantis. The new guy can side step all the old trenches and wads of razor wire from past conflicts within the party. Old station but new tracks and new train…..
I'm Independent, not a faction of the Republican Party. I am disappointed in Cheney's support of Democrats; I wish she wouldn't. I take ownership.

I'm waiting for you to take ownership of a disastrous slate of candidates, your number was 55; you'll be lucky to hold what you have. Instead, you double down on your Dear Leader. You're posting like a Republican precinct chairman in Bum****.

Highest inflation in 40 years
Worst border crisis in history
Most unpopular president since Truman (Biden approval around 40%)
75% of voters say country is going in the wrong direction
Worst crime wave since the 90s

Yet voters looked at the Trump recruited candidates and said "no". Why?

Our candidates weren't the problem. They were outspent by as much as 10-1, in no small part because our Senate Leader signaled to the donor class that there was a problem with candidate quality. Far greater critique could be made of Democrat candidates: Pale reflections like Murray, Hobbs, Hassan; wild eyed ideologues like Barnes and Warnock; and on what candidate could Fetterman be considered (by Republicans) a superior candidate to a well-spoken world-famous doctor like Oz? ALL of those equally (or more) flawed candidates were beatable had we had proper and well-funded campaign plans.
The voters looked at your candidates and chose Democrats. Why? Which of Trump's senate candidates was out spent 10-1?

How much of your money did Trump spend of the candidates he recruited? McConnell spent $250 million.

Osodecentx
He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

And she beat Lake. How weak was Lake?
You need more that the R base to win an election; you need Independents, too.
muddybrazos
RMF5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oh, the feds that provacateured this whole thing and set the pipe bombs up knew exactly what they were doing. Their plan worked like a charm. We live under constant psyops.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Fetterman is borderline incapacitated and it is obvious. Hobbs would not debate Lake and cannot give a coherent answer to a simple question.

Your attempt to blame candidate quality goes only so far. There are other explanations for losses including a lack of election integrity and that the electorate may have radically different values than it did 10 years ago. It is possible that we have a bunch of people voting for big government and the party of big government. This country got a taste of "free money" during covid and a lot of people want still more.

You are starting to sound like a broken record. Give critical thinking a chance.
Osodecentx
He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Fetterman is borderline incapacitated and it is obvious. Your attempt to blame candidate quality goes only so far. There are other explanations for losses including a lack of election integrity and that the electorate may have radically different values than it did 10 years ago. It is possible that we have a bunch of people voting for big government and the party of big government. This country got a taste of "free money" during covid and a lot of people want still more.

You are starting to sound like a broken record. Give critical thinking a chance.
Help me understand why voters chose Fetterman over Oz. If it isn't candidate quality, Republicans are in worse shape than you are letting on. Oz got blown out, far beyond what any fraud could accomplish.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Fetterman is borderline incapacitated and it is obvious. Your attempt to blame candidate quality goes only so far. There are other explanations for losses including a lack of election integrity and that the electorate may have radically different values than it did 10 years ago. It is possible that we have a bunch of people voting for big government and the party of big government. This country got a taste of "free money" during covid and a lot of people want still more.

Help me understand why voters chose Fetterman over Oz. If it isn't candidate quality, Republicans are in worse shape than you are letting on. Oz got blown out, far beyond what any fraud could accomplish.
I don't know why a borderline vegetable would get more votes than an articulate doctor. I also don't know why people vote for a dead man. But they did both in Pennsylvania. That is not a candidate quality issue. Do you function best on 33 and 1/3, 45, or 78 RPM?
Osodecentx
He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

I don't know why a borderline vegetable would get more votes than an articulate doctor. I also don't know why people vote for a dead man. But they did both in Pennsylvania. That is not a candidate quality issue. Do you function best on 33 and 1/3, 45, or 78 RPM?
Maybe you should examine your premises
BearN
Is it just hilarious that the candidates who dared claim election fraud in 2020 got beat by vote harvesting, mail-in ballots, and long drawn out mystery vote counting issues in 2022. The gaslighting of election deniers by the mainstream media and the DNC election machine was executed to perfection.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

I have. Thank you. I understand that there are multiple variables in play. I am willing to consider them all.
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I don't disagree with you but was just curious.
I don't know, to be honest
Osodecentx
He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

I have. Thank you. I understand that there are multiple variables in play. I am willing to consider them all.

Is it possible Trump picked flawed candidates?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Possible that he picked flawed candidates? Yes.

Possible that Fetterman is a better candidate than Oz? No.

Are there other explanations? Yes.

Are those other explanations better explanations? In at least some cases yes.

But you be you and keep repeating yourself. Beats challenging your thinking and worldview.
FLBear5630
He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

He Hate Me said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Possible that he picked flawed candidates? Yes.

Possible that Fetterman is a better candidate than Oz? No.

Are there other explanations? Yes.

Are those other explanations better explanations? In at least some cases yes.

But you be you and keep repeating yourself. Beats challenging your thinking and worldview.

Sorry, this time unless there is proof not going election shenanigans.
OsoCoreyell
HuMcK said:

So, you support Trump?
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

After 2020, that will not gain traction. Only way forward on election issues is to have the proof and then go after prosecutions. Thoughts that it doesn't look right, circumstantial evidence, or hints will not be enough going forward and will only hurt whoever brings it forward. You can thank the idiots that invaded the Capital on Jan 6th and Trump's lawyers for losing all those lawsuits for chasing the wrong things.

The US is pretty much tone deaf on election fraud, not following rules or counting delays.
ULTRALIBERALS are all about t'proof.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

McCain wing of the AZ Republicans win another one for the Democrats. They will keep doing it (crossing over to vote D). until they can wrest control of the party back from the (much larger) conservative wing of the party.

Perhaps Kari Lake arguing for a bigger tent, as opposed to parroting Trump's conspiracy theories, would have helped her gain the slim margin she needed to win in AZ. But not only did she bend knee to Trump, she also alienated McCain voters with her comments about him.

I don't disagree with you about McCain or his supporters, but she (and Trump) must share a lot of the blame for this one.

"success has many fathers and failure is an orphan."

Plenty of blame to go around but in fairness we cannot absolve the Oso/Cheney faction for actively assisting the enemy. Incompetence is one thing, but purposely assisting the enemy while we are in a struggle with them has to be called out for what it is.

That's a silver lining for Desantis. The new guy can side step all the old trenches and wads of razor wire from past conflicts within the party. Old station but new tracks and new train…..
I'm Independent, not a faction of the Republican Party. I am disappointed in Cheney's support of Democrats; I wish she wouldn't. I take ownership.

I'm waiting for you to take ownership of a disastrous slate of candidates, your number was 55; you'll be lucky to hold what you have. Instead, you double down on your Dear Leader. You're posting like a Republican precinct chairman in Bum****.

Highest inflation in 40 years
Worst border crisis in history
Most unpopular president since Truman (Biden approval around 40%)
75% of voters say country is going in the wrong direction
Worst crime wave since the 90s

Yet voters looked at the Trump recruited candidates and said "no". Why?
Well, you did send Cheney money, and she did use it to help defeat some of those candidates you didn't like, so don't try to hide behind platitudes of disappointment.

Our candidates weren't the problem. They were outspent by as much as 10-1, in no small part because our Senate Leader signaled to the donor class that there was a problem with candidate quality. Far greater critique could be made of Democrat candidates: Pale reflections like Murray, Hobbs, Hassan; wild eyed ideologues like Barnes and Warnock; and on what candidate could Fetterman be considered (by Republicans) a superior candidate to a well-spoken world-famous doctor like Oz? ALL of those equally (or more) flawed candidates were beatable had we had proper and well-funded campaign plans.

Excerpt from excellent article at link:
"The anti-right narrative is a remarkable thing: when a candidate Trump supported lost, like Oz in PA, it was Trump's fault; when a candidate Trump opposed lost, like Joe O'Dea in CO, it was Trump's fault. When a candidate Trump supported won, like Vance in OH, pundits discounted the victory; when a candidate Trump opposed won, like Kemp in GA, the same pundits found it enormously significant. DeSantis's nearly 20-point margin of victory in FL, a big win for the right, was mostly hyped as a defeat for Trump, even though FL is Trump's home base."
https://spectatorworld.com/topic/this-election-was-no-loss-for-trump/

To that last observation about DeSantis, we must note uncontestable facts: DeSantis was a founding member of the "Freedom Caucus" in the House. you know, the place where the MTG-types plot & plan how to move the GOP caucus rightward. Further, Desantis literally owes his first election victory to Trump, whose endorsement elevated him out of a crowded primary field. So Trump's endorsements are hardly a badge of dishonor. And we cannot ignore that DeSantis is not anti-MAGA. He's proto-Maga. Not a rejection of the original, but a new, improved version of it. Finally a word about last Tuesday that is material but thus far overlooked: I'm as excited as anyone about the DeSantis victory. But what was the quality of the candidate he faced? A grey'd out shape-shifter who is now 3 wins, 5 losses in statewide races run on the ticket of both parties - neither liberal enough to enervate Dems,nor conservative enough to enervate conservatives. How many "notional points" did he add to DeSantis's win total? (answer: probably more than the notional "-2.something points" sombear's WDC connections indicated applied to GOP senate candidates.) So yes, Desantis's victory was impressive and cannot be said he beat up on a teddy bear. But neither was it a clash of titans....

Here's the cold hard reality:
There were wins and losses last Tuesday.
Establishment Republicans made no progress in moving the GOP leftward.
The realignment of the GOP as a multi-racial working class party continues.
It cannot be stopped.
Ball is in your court.

I am confused with one thing, you seem convinced anyone that believes that MAGA is bad for the future of the GOP is trying to move the Party left? I don't get that.
  • Trying to open the party to be more inclusive,
  • Trying to have the party by less dark,
  • Trying to get away from fear politics,
  • Trying to get back to a Reagan-esque view of the world?
All guilty as charged, but further left? No. Policies are fine (Granted, there are always tweaks including whether to work more within the system or blow it up. ), it is the way that the MAGA group operates that is the problem.

GOP has some nice winners, Trump attacks them and tries to discredit them. That summarized the problem to me. There is no Team GOP, either you are Trump or you will be attacked and discredited. That is not the conservative Party I signed up for.
Trump is a survivor. Do not miscalculate that he will just fade away. He will be a very, very tough out.
You make a lot of well-thought out decent points, but I really don't get your reasoning here, and your track record on predictions is pretty abysmal.

Trump lost the 2020 election handily to a geriatric patient with no good ideas. The candidates he really threw his weight behind performed poorly in 2022. Yes, I know you would like to blame that all on funding, but it's interesting that "funding" hurt Trump's sycophants much worse than it hurt non-sycophants. In fact, despite your now stated excuse of lack of funding being the reason Trump's candidates were defeated, you told us just a couple of weeks ago there would be a red wave, and that someone like Kari Lake could replace DeSantis as the GOP wunderkind and be a potential VP. Now we know how that turned out. No wave, and Lake got beaten by a frumpy Democrat who was too scared to debate her. Yet again another bad prediction. In fact, as of late, I am having difficulty remembering the last time one of your predictions has proven right.

Tell us, why should we believe your prediction that Trump will be a tough out, and should get the party nod over other candidates given your less than stellar track record at predicting these things? He lost in 2020, and that was before the election denying nonsense and myriad of legal issues. All of the polls show he is much less popular now than he was then. Hell, his own children apparently don't even want him to run. What makes you think a guy his age, with his track record, and inability to control his worse impulses, who is a loser in the last election, is all the sudden going to find his mojo again at the ripe old age of 76? And if he does get the nod and runs again and loses handily, what is your excuse going to be next time after you inaccurately predict another win for Trump?

There is no denying Trump did some good things, and helped the Republican Party's demographic problem. I think his populist bent is something the party can build on to form a bigger tent, and generally agree with your opinion of the establishment Republicans and neocons (they're terrible). But Trump hasn't won anything since 2016. He caught lightning in a bottle running against a terrible candidate. We would have to completely ignore his track record since then to buy what you're selling.
Did anyone other than Canada get it right on predictions for this election? I got sucked into thinking momentum would win it in AZ and that NH was in play, based on polling, and missed it like everyone else in PA and NV. Walker still should win GA. State and national GOP has plenty to get it done. But can they? Walker is hardly a more flawed candidate than Warnock, and GA is still not a blue state.

The candidates Trump endorsed had a very good performance on 2022, just not in a handful of key races. And yes, funding is a pretty big issue. Getting outspent by up to 10-1 by an incumbent has infinitesimally small win record. (that Specator article I've posted elsewhere, in whole & in part, is instructive on this point. It takes quite a bit of framing bias to lay 2022 at Trump's feet.)

Trump will be a tough out in the primary because he has last I recall $200m in the bank and a 75m vote head start. He also has a critical advantage in a crowded primary field - a large, fervent, unshakeable base of support, He's going to start off at ca. 30% support in every race. He only needs to pick up a few percentage points to guarantee a top-2 finish. He has a record of accomplishment in office that will be appealing given likely future socio-economic conditions. Populism is hardly a spent force and he excels at appealing to it. Finally, he will be campaigning all day every day from here. The best of his competition face governance responsibilities that will for sure give opportunity for earned media, but will also place significant limits on travel & time. The lower tier candidates will be left to toil away on the rubber chicken circuit raising little or no money, hoping to catch fire with a grassroots already in love with another candidate.

Now, all that said, we are a year before it's time to make early predictions. But to look at the field at the moment and write an epitaph for Trump is wishful thinking. I think an estimate that, as of today, RDS has 50-50 odds of winning the nomination is pretty sober.
muddybrazos

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.