Kari Lake Loses

12,010 Views | 322 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

So, your optimism that Trump can win in 2024 is mostly based on the Republicans engaging in ballot harvesting.

Man, the Repubs are going to get their asses kicked.

But I will give you this, when Trump gets his ass kicked in the general election in 2 years, it will provide you a built in excuse for blaming everyone but Trump for the loss. This election cycle it was lack of money spent on Trump candidates. Next election it will be Trump lost because the Repubs didn't do enough ballot harvesting. In other words, it will have nothing to do with Trump, as usual.

You sound a lot like Trump.
Your plan sounds lot like all we have to do is recruit Jesus and we'll win every time. Ballot harvesting and small donor fundraising has got to improve or it will not matter who is the candidate. The Democrats field some awfully weak candidates, from the top of the ticket on down, and somehow manage to get them elected. Certainly didn't hurt the Dems that their winners were all incumbents. I mean, wow. Extreme isn't it. Incumbents won. Incumbents with massive cash advantages and ballot harvesting operations unmatched by the challengers.

The unwillingness to blame anyone BUT Trump is the bigger problem. Bolduc was outspent 17-1 in a very small state where that $12m McConnell spent in AK could have made a big difference. Bolduc was hardly a kook, unless we think the Army is in the habit of promoting kooks to the rank of General. What about Maggie Hassan screams "great candidate?" How often does a candidate outspent 17-1 win? Against an incumbent?? Masters lost by a 4.9 point margin. He was outspent 3-1. What would an evenly funded race have looked like? We heard some notional "weak GOP candidates cost us 2-point-something percentage points....." messaging last week. Well, what does the complete lack of a ballot-harvesting operation cost us? Ya think a 2 year operation spending $100m in AZ to find, register, target, and collect ballots from sympathetic voters isn't worth a point or four or five?

You cannot possibly seriously think that none of that matters and that slotting the forehead of DJT would magically fix it all. Sure, that's a great position to take in a primary campaign to elect someone else, but it is completely unserious to assert it is the responsibility of a former POTUS engaged in a race to win back the WH to go raise a couple hundred million to support OTHER candidates. I mean, what the hell do we have a party for?

The funniest thing, though, is you have a fairly large faulty premise in your assessment regarding my position on the 2024 primary. Let's see if you can spot it.

Let me be clear - if you understood me to be blaming this "solely" on Trump, let me dispel you of that notion. As I've said repeatedly, there's a lot of blame to go around. Crappy candidates are not entirely his fault. Yes he endorsed them but they won their primaries. Not having a message is another resounding problem with the GOP. Hard to run on - the other side sucks so vote for us. Yes there is a lot of blame to go around.

But I've yet to hear you voice a single critique of Trump - other than of course he should have trusted his instincts instead of listening to others, which really isn't a critique. You think more of the divisive dear leader is the answer, which is simply incredible given his candidate's abysmal showing.

As you've said time and time again, Trump is the face of the party and the leading presidential contender. That being the case, our dear leader deserves much if not most of the blame for his candidates showing, does he not? Spending a lot of money on terrible candidates may work, but wouldn't it be a lot easier if we picked candidates who weren't terrible? Oz - trumps handpicked candidate was a total disaster. A millionaire carpet bagger and quack doctor who had little in common with the blue collar element of the Republican Party in PA. Masters, a young millionaire venture capitalist with no political experience and pretty much unknown? Awful candidates both of them. No that's not all on trump but it's difficult to absolve him of blame for candidates he hand picked or went all in on, when there were others he could have endorsed.

Democrats that are bad candidates win because there are more of them. The republicans are behind the eight ball in most states because of demographics. That means the Dems have a built in advantage almost every election cycle. Thus, while you try to compare the two, the Repubs don't have the room for error that democrats due. We can't simply throw up crappy candidates and think we can win, no matter the money spent. At some point you have to endorse good candidates. No that's not all on trump, but much of it is.

And that's the problem with having a buffoon and nutjob be the face of your party. You cite trumps popularity inside the base while completing ignoring his lack of popularity outside of it. Even if trump gets every Republican to vote for him - he still loses because we are in the minority. That means trump needs to attract enough people outside of the base to win. And he's hugely unpopular outside of the base - a fact you inexplicably keep missing. Your blind spot to that fact is somewhat baffling.

As for the primaries, yes you've said you like DeSantis as trump 2.0. Yes, his big win and your boy's horrid showing has you rethinking things at least a little. I'm glad, and hoping you come to your senses. Time will tell.

You've still not explained to me how you think trump wins the next election and what his chances are. Care to venture a percentage?
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah
Everyone's fault but Trump
My take is quite a bit more balanced than yours
Your take is it is everyone's fault but Trump.
blah blah is a bad canidate and thats Trumps fault.. is your take

Blah blah being a bad canidate is not Trumps fault. Its the Dems who switched parties in the primaries and voted the Trump canidates in and then switched back for the gen election. You know this.. its the lack of national GOP help. Its the poor messaging of the canidate themselves. You think these canidates would have won if they had no Trump endorsement?

As others have said, its not all on Trump..
Trump endorses blah blah in the primary over more capable candidates. blah blah is a bad candidate. Trump sits on $100 million he collected to "help take back the House and Senate".

The poor messaging was "Trump really won the 2020 election". Now, Democrats did send more money to Trump candidates than Trump because they recognized their weakness.

If Trump had waited until the primaries were finished to endorse, the better candidates might have won.

Now Trump has inserted his presidential campaign into the Georgia run off. If Walker loses, Trump will blame Kemp and Mitch. If Walker wins, Trump did it.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

Blah blah being a bad canidate is not Trumps fault. Its the Dems who switched parties in the primaries and voted the Trump canidates in and then switched back for the gen election. You know this.. its the lack of national GOP help. Its the poor messaging of the canidate themselves. You think these canidates would have won if they had no Trump endorsement?

The poor messaging was "Trump really won the 2020 election".

Bingo. When this stupid trope and nutty belief is the core of your message - as it was with many of Trump's candidates, that may be red meat in a few of the majority Republican areas, but doesn't play well outside of them. Arizonans were sick of hearing that bull***** But alas, any candidate who wanted Trump's endorsement had to repeat the election denying nonsense, which of course played into the hands of Dems who painted them as extremists and destroyers of democracy.

Trump's insistence that his candidates repeat that crap at their rallies is yet another huge negative that whiterock conveniently omits in his analysis.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

Trump endorses blah blah in the primary over more capable candidates. blah blah is a bad candidate. Trump sits on $100 million he collected to "help take back the House and Senate".

The poor messaging was "Trump really won the 2020 election". Now, Democrats did send more money to Trump candidates than Trump because they recognized their weakness.

If Trump had waited until the primaries were finished to endorse, the better candidates might have won.

Now Trump has inserted his presidential campaign into the Georgia run off. If Walker loses, Trump will blame Kemp and Mitch. If Walker wins, Trump did it.
Trump blah blah Trump blah blah Trump..

Trump should blame mitch and Kemp. Kemp only did anything AFTER he was elected again. The head of your state party not endorsing the party canidate to represent state in the senate? Might as well say vote for the other guy!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

So, your optimism that Trump can win in 2024 is mostly based on the Republicans engaging in ballot harvesting.

But I will give you this, when Trump gets his ass kicked in the general election in 2 years, it will provide you a built in excuse for blaming everyone but Trump for the loss. This election cycle it was lack of money spent on Trump candidates. Next election it will be Trump lost because the Repubs didn't do enough ballot harvesting. In other words, it will have nothing to do with Trump, as usual.

Your plan sounds lot like all we have to do is recruit Jesus and we'll win every time. Ballot harvesting and small donor fundraising has got to improve or it will not matter who is the candidate. The Democrats field some awfully weak candidates, from the top of the ticket on down, and somehow manage to get them elected. Certainly didn't hurt the Dems that their winners were all incumbents. I mean, wow. Extreme isn't it. Incumbents won. Incumbents with massive cash advantages and ballot harvesting operations unmatched by the challengers.

The unwillingness to blame anyone BUT Trump is the bigger problem. Bolduc was outspent 17-1 in a very small state where that $12m McConnell spent in AK could have made a big difference. Bolduc was hardly a kook, unless we think the Army is in the habit of promoting kooks to the rank of General. What about Maggie Hassan screams "great candidate?" How often does a candidate outspent 17-1 win? Against an incumbent?? Masters lost by a 4.9 point margin. He was outspent 3-1. What would an evenly funded race have looked like? We heard some notional "weak GOP candidates cost us 2-point-something percentage points....." messaging last week. Well, what does the complete lack of a ballot-harvesting operation cost us? Ya think a 2 year operation spending $100m in AZ to find, register, target, and collect ballots from sympathetic voters isn't worth a point or four or five?

You cannot possibly seriously think that none of that matters and that slotting the forehead of DJT would magically fix it all. Sure, that's a great position to take in a primary campaign to elect someone else, but it is completely unserious to assert it is the responsibility of a former POTUS engaged in a race to win back the WH to go raise a couple hundred million to support OTHER candidates. I mean, what the hell do we have a party for?

The funniest thing, though, is you have a fairly large faulty premise in your assessment regarding my position on the 2024 primary. Let's see if you can spot it.

Let me be clear - if you understood me to be blaming this "solely" on Trump, let me dispel you of that notion. As I've said repeatedly, there's a lot of blame to go around. Crappy candidates are not entirely his fault. Yes he endorsed them but they won their primaries. Not having a message is another resounding problem with the GOP. Hard to run on - the other side sucks so vote for us. Yes there is a lot of blame to go around. Agreed.

But I've yet to hear you voice a single critique of Trump - other than of course he should have trusted his instincts instead of listening to others, which really isn't a critique. You think more of the divisive dear leader is the answer, which is simply incredible given his candidate's abysmal showing.
You've got alligator arms here.
-This is not the first time I have typed the words "rude, crude, socially unacceptable" or "unpresidential" or "unique" or "different" to describe his persona.
-Saying it was a mistake to have not gone barnstorming is a critique, is it not?
-Noting that he does not already having a ballot harvesting operation in place is a critique.
-"DeSanctimonious" was mistimed at best, mishanded at worst. Could have been played better.
I mean, seriously. You've got alligator arms on this one.

As you've said time and time again, Trump is the face of the party and the leading presidential contender. That being the case, our dear leader deserves much if not most of the blame for his candidates showing, does he not? Spending a lot of money on terrible candidates may work, but wouldn't it be a lot easier if we picked candidates who weren't terrible? Oz - trumps handpicked candidate was a total disaster. A millionaire carpet bagger and quack doctor who had little in common with the blue collar element of the Republican Party in PA. Masters, a young millionaire venture capitalist with no political experience and pretty much unknown? Awful candidates both of them. No that's not all on trump but it's difficult to absolve him of blame for candidates he hand picked or went all in on, when there were others he could have endorsed.
-I have stated here, more than once, that Oz concerned me. I think he was fine with independents (which was the calculation) but had a problem with the base (which he did).
-I see your point about Masters, but does that not apply to Warnock or Ossoff? How does Vance figure into it? Are we saying we do not want younger, outsider candidates at all?
-and what about prior cycle hits? (the list is long, to include the star of the night last Tuesday.)

Democrats that are bad candidates win because there are more of them. The republicans are behind the eight ball in most states because of demographics. That means the Dems have a built in advantage almost every election cycle. Thus, while you try to compare the two, the Repubs don't have the room for error that democrats due. We can't simply throw up crappy candidates and think we can win, no matter the money spent. At some point you have to endorse good candidates. No that's not all on trump, but much of it is.
-So which of the candidates NOT endorsed would have been superior? Was it really so obvious? -Demographics are moving in our favor. And have been for several cycles.

And that's the problem with having a buffoon and nutjob be the face of your party. You cite trumps popularity inside the base while completing ignoring his lack of popularity outside of it. Even if trump gets every Republican to vote for him - he still loses because we are in the minority. That means trump needs to attract enough people outside of the base to win. And he's hugely unpopular outside of the base - a fact you inexplicably keep missing. Your blind spot to that fact is somewhat baffling.
-what's baffling is the global reach of your conclusions here. Biden is popular outside the base of his party? Biden outclasses Trump in popularity ratings? If Trump really was so unpopular, how did he ADD 7 million voters to his 2016 totals?

As for the primaries, yes you've said you like DeSantis as trump 2.0. Yes, his big win and your boy's horrid showing has you rethinking things at least a little. I'm glad, and hoping you come to your senses. Time will tell.
-I went from "Trump is unassailable" to "50-50 race" (primary) in a nightfall, because I can realize that new developments change things. Finally, there is an alternative who has a chance. There will be more "new developments" in the coming year. Some will hurt, some will help (for all of the contenders). But Trump is a very big dog. he has savaged some pretty good candidates, who have all the attributes Trump gets savaged for not having. Literally destroyed them, crumpled them out of the race. Anyone who can beat Trump has an excellent chance to win the WH.

You've still not explained to me how you think trump wins the next election and what his chances are. Care to venture a percentage?
If we don't build a BETTER ballot harvesting operation than Democrats have in at least 10 states, the candidate won't matter. If we do, then we have better than even odds of winning no matter who our candidate is. Democrats do not have a strong incumbent (who until he announces he will not run IS the odds-on favorite to be the next Dem nominee). Neither do they have a strong bench. They are beatable with anyone on our side. I will support whoever gets the nomination. In the primary, I will support the guy who has the best ballot harvesting operation (and my support probably won't matter because the guy with the best ballot harvesting operation is going to win the primary by a wide margin).

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

Trump should blame mitch and Kemp. Kemp only did anything AFTER he was elected again. The head of your state party not endorsing the party canidate to represent state in the senate? Might as well say vote for the other guy!
Trump was the captain of the ship in 18, 20, 21 & 22, but let's not talk about that. I'm sure Democrats won't mention the strongest argument they have for choosing Democrats. Instead, let's talk about Trump's victimhood .

Instead, Let's blame someone who actually won their race in spite of (He whose name must not be spoken). That's a sure fire recipe for success
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

Trump was the captain of the ship in 18, 20, 21 & 22, but let's not talk about that. I'm sure Democrats won't mention the strongest argument they have for choosing Democrats. Instead, let's talk about Trump's victimhood .

Instead, Let's blame someone who actually won their race in spite of (He whose name must not be spoken). That's a sure fire recipe for success
lol.. you are so right! lets blame Trump who has nothing to do with anything in the state of GA- a private citizen if you will.. while giving the head of GA politics a free pass.

Kemp did everything he could to not be associated with Walker until he won his election. He took the easy way out. He could have endorsed walker and we would not have a run off.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

lol.. you are so right! lets blame Trump who has nothing to do with anything in the state of GA- a private citizen if you will.. while giving the head of GA politics a free pass.

Kemp did everything he could to not be associated with Walker until he won his election. He took the easy way out. He could have endorsed walker and we would not have a run off.

Which winning statewide candidate would want to associate with a candidate who doesn't know who won the 2020 election?

So, if Walker wins with Kemp help Trump really did it. Will Trump give money to Walker?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

Which winning statewide candidate would want to associate with a candidate who doesn't know who won the 2020 election?

If Joe Biden does not know, why should anyone else?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

So, if Walker wins with Kemp help Trump really did it. Will Trump give money to Walker?

If Kemp helps Walker then Kemp helped Walker.. why you keep adding Trump in there?

–Horace

Waco1947
RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Oh right, I almost forgot, there were guns in another state so it was REALLY close to total anarchy all across the country.
Another not-so-strong comparison, at least from your point of view. Far from causing anarchy, Napoleon was initially welcomed by a people who craved stability and strong leadership. You'd have liked him.
He was also into invasions and war, so there is something for the neocons as well!
Trumpkins are adamantly opposed to war and invasion when Democrats are in control. They're also adamantly opposed to withdrawal and negotiation when Democrats are in control, so there's that.
The only withdrawal I've seen Republicans oppose since January 2021 is Biden's ridiculous withdrawal in Afghanistan. And that was not because they wanted to keep troops there, but instead because of the horrid way in which the withdrawal was handled, which even the Biden admin acknowledged was a ****ing disaster that needlessly got people killed.

What other withdrawals and negotiations have Republicans been opposed to the last 2 years?
I can't think of any others to have supported or opposed in the last two years.
Nor can I, which is why your comment was a little baffling with respect to "Trumpkins." Seems they have been pretty consistent on this point, and even opposed lending military support to Ukraine.
Of course many of them opposed it. It's a Biden policy.
So you believe the opposed Ukraine because it's a Biden policy? Is it possible they opposed it for the same reasons you and I did, or are they too stupid, in your book?
I think there's always been tension between Trump's putative isolationism and the reflexive belligerence of his supporters. Our military enterprises look bad in hindsight, not because they were illegal or inherently ill advised, but because they failed.
They failed because the objectives were always absolute long-term victory, which was impossible to create. It is up to the Nation to protect its freedom, there is only so much a third party can do using a free/democratic system.

Iraq and Afghanistan military occupations both produced Democratic Governments that improved their citizens lives while they survived. They fell apart when the US left. Is that the US fault? Was the attempt wrong? I am sure many here will say yes. But we did what we said we would do and placed those Nations in a position to be free democracies. What happened after we left, there is only so much we can control So, I have little problem with what we tried to accomplish.
US Policy was always a little arrogant in Iraq and Afghanistan. "We know best."
Well, compared to the Taliban and Shira law, it was not a bad attempt. Sorry, I will err on the side of people being able to live and better their lives and have opportunities than not. If that is arrogant, so be it. I also realize it is not always successful. I am simplistic, to me there is value in the effort...
The arrogance stems from a prejudice on America's part that We Know Beat. Our cultures are vastly different. I am glad we tried especially for the sake of women.
whiterock
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Blah blah blah

If Kemp helps Walker then Kemp helped Walker.. why you keep adding Trump in there?
Bingo.

donates money to a prominent neverTrumper, who pledges to defeat Trump endorsed candidates, then actually campaigns to rally Republicans against Trump endorsed candidates, several of whom lose very, very narrowly. Then, blames Trump for the losses.

And virtue postures thru it all, despite having funded the forces that defeated those candidates.

Osodecentx
Who did Cheney defeat?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Who did Cheney defeat?
herself.. totally self owned

–Horace

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Who did Cheney defeat?
herself.. totally self owned

Anyone else?
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

Let me be clear - if you understood me to be blaming this "solely" on Trump, let me dispel you of that notion. As I've said repeatedly, there's a lot of blame to go around. Crappy candidates are not entirely his fault. Yes he endorsed them but they won their primaries. Not having a message is another resounding problem with the GOP. Hard to run on - the other side sucks so vote for us. Yes there is a lot of blame to go around. Agreed.

You've got alligator arms here.
-This is not the first time I have typed the words "rude, crude, socially unacceptable" or "unpresidential" or "unique" or "different" to describe his persona.
-Saying it was a mistake to have not gone barnstorming is a critique, is it not?
-Noting that he does not already having a ballot harvesting operation in place is a critique.
-"DeSanctimonious" was mistimed at best, mishanded at worst. Could have been played better.
I mean, seriously. You've got alligator arms on this one.

-I have stated here, more than once, that Oz concerned me. I think he was fine with independents (which was the calculation) but had a problem with the base (which he did).
-I see your point about Masters, but does that not apply to Warnock or Ossoff? How does Vance figure into it? Are we saying we do not want younger, outsider candidates at all?
-and what about prior cycle hits? (the list is long, to include the star of the night last Tuesday.)

-So which of the candidates NOT endorsed would have been superior? Was it really so obvious? -Demographics are moving in our favor. And have been for several cycles.

-what's baffling is the global reach of your conclusions here. Biden is popular outside the base of his party? Biden outclasses Trump in popularity ratings? If Trump really was so unpopular, how did he ADD 7 million voters to his 2016 totals?

-I went from "Trump is unassailable" to "50-50 race" (primary) in a nightfall, because I can realize that new developments change things. Finally, there is an alternative who has a chance. There will be more "new developments" in the coming year. Some will hurt, some will help (for all of the contenders). But Trump is a very big dog. he has savaged some pretty good candidates, who have all the attributes Trump gets savaged for not having. Literally destroyed them, crumpled them out of the race. Anyone who can beat Trump has an excellent chance to win the WH.

If we don't build a BETTER ballot harvesting operation than Democrats have in at least 10 states, the candidate won't matter. If we do, then we have better than even odds of winning no matter who our candidate is. Democrats do not have a strong incumbent (who until he announces he will not run IS the odds-on favorite to be the next Dem nominee). Neither do they have a strong bench. They are beatable with anyone on our side. I will support whoever gets the nomination. In the primary, I will support the guy who has the best ballot harvesting operation (and my support probably won't matter because the guy with the best ballot harvesting operation is going to win the primary by a wide margin).

Is Biden popular outside his base? No. What you wholly fail to consider is that it wasn't Biden's popularity that led to his election in 2020. It was Trump's unpopularity. Biden was merely an alternative to Trump - an alternative to the caustic, bloviating, buffoon, whose constant drama had grown incredibly stale with most Americans. Most Americans would have voted for a primate over Trump in 2020. Biden benefited from the backlash against the constant drama. Most Americans outside of his sycophants were sick of it.

So, you can't point to Biden's unpopularity and Trump's unpopularity outside of the base and say that's the same thing. Biden's policies are terrible, but for the vast majority of Americans, Trump's significant character flaws and unstable behavior far outweighed the lack of excitement over Biden. Biden's flaws, unlike Trump's, don't rendered him unfit for office in the eyes of most Americans. And that is what is going to lead to another 2024 ass kicking for Trump, not lack of ballot harvesting, not throwing more money at crappy candidates, etc. Americans are sick of the drama. We see that with ever single poll that shows Trump to be hugely unpopular outside of his sycophants. I am surprised you don't factor this into your equation.

The 2022 midterms proved that most Americans remain sick of the election denying bull**** and legal drama that always seems to surround Trump. The guy just can't get out of his own way. Classic narcissist behavior. Do you think that's going to change enough in 2024?
Redbrickbear
Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Oh right, I almost forgot, there were guns in another state so it was REALLY close to total anarchy all across the country.
Another not-so-strong comparison, at least from your point of view. Far from causing anarchy, Napoleon was initially welcomed by a people who craved stability and strong leadership. You'd have liked him.
He was also into invasions and war, so there is something for the neocons as well!
Trumpkins are adamantly opposed to war and invasion when Democrats are in control. They're also adamantly opposed to withdrawal and negotiation when Democrats are in control, so there's that.
The only withdrawal I've seen Republicans oppose since January 2021 is Biden's ridiculous withdrawal in Afghanistan. And that was not because they wanted to keep troops there, but instead because of the horrid way in which the withdrawal was handled, which even the Biden admin acknowledged was a ****ing disaster that needlessly got people killed.

What other withdrawals and negotiations have Republicans been opposed to the last 2 years?
I can't think of any others to have supported or opposed in the last two years.
Nor can I, which is why your comment was a little baffling with respect to "Trumpkins." Seems they have been pretty consistent on this point, and even opposed lending military support to Ukraine.
Of course many of them opposed it. It's a Biden policy.
So you believe the opposed Ukraine because it's a Biden policy? Is it possible they opposed it for the same reasons you and I did, or are they too stupid, in your book?
I think there's always been tension between Trump's putative isolationism and the reflexive belligerence of his supporters. Our military enterprises look bad in hindsight, not because they were illegal or inherently ill advised, but because they failed.
They failed because the objectives were always absolute long-term victory, which was impossible to create. It is up to the Nation to protect its freedom, there is only so much a third party can do using a free/democratic system.

Iraq and Afghanistan military occupations both produced Democratic Governments that improved their citizens lives while they survived. They fell apart when the US left. Is that the US fault? Was the attempt wrong? I am sure many here will say yes. But we did what we said we would do and placed those Nations in a position to be free democracies. What happened after we left, there is only so much we can control So, I have little problem with what we tried to accomplish.
US Policy was always a little arrogant in Iraq and Afghanistan. "We know best."
Well, compared to the Taliban and Shira law, it was not a bad attempt. Sorry, I will err on the side of people being able to live and better their lives and have opportunities than not. If that is arrogant, so be it. I also realize it is not always successful. I am simplistic, to me there is value in the effort...
The arrogance stems from a prejudice on America's part that We Know Beat. Our cultures are vastly different. I am glad we tried especially for the sake of women.
That would be the whole summation of progressive liberalism..."We know best"
Jack Bauer
the right wing conspiracy theory goofballs on the internet caused this, right?

Jack Bauer
48% of Maricopa election centers had printer or tabulator malfunctions on election day, not the previously estimated 20%

Wow, what a coincidence.

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

48% of Maricopa election centers had printer or tabulator malfunctions on election day, not the previously estimated 20%

Wow, what a coincidence.

There seem to be a lot of coincidences ... as noted previously ... not sure there is a recent example of a close statewide election the favored the Republican after irregularities were discovered in Democratic counties. More "things that make you go hmmm" than the Russian hoax or Stacy Abrams' and Hillary Clinton's election denials.
Waco1947
Election scandals? How about this? Beto won. You want proof??? You want proof?

Well, how's this? I accusations galore. No evidence by accusations galore.
Jack Bauer
Sorry, I don't trust this guy.

And 7% of the largest county in a race decided by 13k votes IS a big f'ing deal.

Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

Which large county in Texas had major issues with their printers forcing people to go to another location on Election Day?
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

this isnt people claim something that didnt happen. It did happen and the county admitted it happened. AZ state AG has an investigation open and it appears Maricopa violated state law by their own admission but lets not mess up your narrative with facts..

–Horace

HuMcK
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Which large county in Texas had major issues with their printers forcing people to go to another location on Election Day?

Harris County had a shortage of paper ballots county wide, and delayed openings at over a dozen polling locations. A judge was presented with Lake's complaint btw, and ruled against her, noting that the court did not hear "any evidence that any voter was precluded from their right to vote."

Maricopa (narrowly) voted Dem, more votes from there would have likely hurt Lake and helped Hobbs. Oh yeah, the chairman of the group overseeing elections there is also a lifelong Republican (the guy in the tweet a couple posts up).
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

And 7% of the largest county in a race decided by 13k votes IS a big f'ing deal.

it effected less than 7% of election day ballots that were turned in. What about those that didnt vote and left? Those count as suppression too. How many checked in but didnt vote? That is an easy answer.. 48% of the machines had issues that didnt have issues before election day including the day before when tested.. somebody changed stuff and it effected the election. It slowed down the speed of the vote, it made people not vote. Was it enough to sway election? Maybe..

–Horace

Jack Bauer
HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Harris County had a shortage of paper ballots county wide, and delayed openings at over a dozen polling locations. A judge was presented with Lake's complaint btw, and ruled against her, noting that the court did not hear "any evidence that any voter was precluded from their right to vote."

Maricopa (narrowly) voted Dem btw, more votes from there would have likely hurt Lake and helped Hobbs. Oh yeah, the chairman of the group overseeing elections there is also a lifelong Republican (the guy in the tweet a couple posts up).
That's nice.

Of course Greg Abbott won the TX Gov race by 900k votes and Katie Hobbs currently leads in AZ by 13k.

Arizona attorney general demands answers on Election Day printer issues
Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

it effected less than 7% of election day ballots that were turned in. What about those that didnt vote and left? Those count as suppression too. How many checked in but didnt vote? That is an easy answer.. 48% of the machines had issues that didnt have issues before election day including the day before when tested.. somebody changed stuff and it effected the election. It slowed down the speed of the vote, it made people not vote. Was it enough to sway election? Maybe..
Maybe the Democrats were projecting the entire time and Russia really did hack into the voting machines like they claimed in 2016.
4th and Inches
HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Maricopa (narrowly) voted Dem, more votes from there would have likely hurt Lake and helped Hobbs. Oh yeah, the chairman of the group overseeing elections there is also a lifelong Republican (the guy in the tweet a couple posts up).
Abbott opened an investigation into why that happened too.. election Integrity is election integrity.

Looks like AZ state has also opened an investigation. We are on the way to the truth.

–Horace

Jack Bauer
HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty irrelevant.

You do know how Kari Lake felt about "McCain Republicans" and I'm sure the feeling was mutual.
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty irrelevant.

You do know how Kari Lake felt about "McCain Republicans" and I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

Should AZ declare her the winner?
Jack Bauer
Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty irrelevant.

No.
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty irrelevant.

No.

What remedy is appropriate?
Jack Bauer
Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty irrelevant.

No.

Investigate the problems in Maricopa County and the impact it had on election results and cases of voter suppression.

Examples include
-voters having to go to multiple locations on Election Day to vote b/c the tabulators were not working

-"Door 3 ballots", as AZ Asst AG says -
"Maricopa County appears to have failed to adhere to the statutory guidelines in segregating, counting, tabulating, tallying, and transporting the 'Door 3' ballots," Wright wrote. "In fact, Maricopa County has admitted that in some voting locations, 'Door 3' non-tabulated ballots were commingled with tabulated ballots at the voting location.""

Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

HuMcK said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty irrelevant.

No.

Investigate the problems in Maricopa County and the impact it had on election results and cases of voter suppression.

Examples include
-voters having to go to multiple locations on Election Day to vote b/c the tabulators were not working

-"Door 3 ballots", as AZ Asst AG says -
"Maricopa County appears to have failed to adhere to the statutory guidelines in segregating, counting, tabulating, tallying, and transporting the 'Door 3' ballots," Wright wrote. "In fact, Maricopa County has admitted that in some voting locations, 'Door 3' non-tabulated ballots were commingled with tabulated ballots at the voting location.""

Sounds appropriate

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.