Female shooter at Nashville Christian school

34,184 Views | 669 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Doc Holliday
bearsocal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

More gun control needed obviously.
no, you're right, im sure your thoughts and prayers will be enough
What purposed gun control measure would have stopped this?
Well the details on this particular incident aren't even known yet, so knowing what would have stopped "this" isnt possible
We know its a 28 year old woman who had a handgun with her.

I dont know any purposed gun control measures outside of a total ban that could have precluded her from getting a gun and doing harm.
cms186
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

Well the details on this particular incident aren't even known yet, so knowing what would have stopped "this" isnt possible
Mexico has the strictest gun control laws in all of the world. Their country of 126 million people had a total of 30,968 homicides in 2022. The United States, made up of 327 million people, had 26,031 homicides in 2022.

Strict gun control laws only embolden the criminals and leave citizens much more vulnerable to violent crime.
Mexico has strict Gun Laws (though there are still an estimated 15 guns per 100 people in Mexico, which is about average compared to most other countries in the world, the ONLY country in the world with more than 40 guns per 100 people in population is the USA), sure, and a poorly combatted problem with organised crime, what about ALL the other countries with strict gun control laws, like Australia, Singapore, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, China etc.?
I'm the English Guy
Jack Bauer
Looks to be legit..

The shooter was identified as Audrey Hale, a Nashville resident, three law enforcement officials briefed on the matter told NBC News.
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Looks to be legit..

The shooter was identified as Audrey Hale, a Nashville resident, three law enforcement officials briefed on the matter told NBC News.
And transgender, as suspected:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmobile.twitter.com%2FYiranoi%2Fstatus%2F1640442424760885249&psig=AOvVaw2MHr64_iFO2R_ox3iu054p&ust=1680037579868000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCKjuhOuB_f0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

Jack Bauer
So this was just another male shooter?

How does the media tap dance around this one or do they just drop it tomorrow?

If Lia Thomas is a woman, then this person is a man.
Mitch Blood Green
Jack Bauer said:

Seems so. Damn!
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Watch them spin it as, Republican legislation pushed this transgender "person" (not man) to the brink, and he lashed out.
SIC EM 94
Police just confirmed…transgender shooter.
Mothra
Apparently, here is a photo of him pre-transition.

bearsocal
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

Mexico has the strictest gun control laws in all of the world. Their country of 126 million people had a total of 30,968 homicides in 2022. The United States, made up of 327 million people, had 26,031 homicides in 2022.

Strict gun control laws only embolden the criminals and leave citizens much more vulnerable to violent crime.
Mexico has strict Gun Laws (though there are still an estimated 15 guns per 100 people in Mexico, which is about average compared to most other countries in the world, the ONLY country in the world with more than 40 guns per 100 people in population is the USA), sure, and a poorly combatted problem with organised crime, what about ALL the other countries with strict gun control laws, like Australia, Singapore, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, China etc.?
The 15 guns per 100 people in Mexico you refer to are mostly cartel members and the Mexican military. The cartels control everything in Mexico including the U.S. Southern border. The border is just 150 miles away from me.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
I expect Biden to speak out against attacks on Christians!

Ha, I'm just kidding - he will call to allow transgender surgeries so people don't act out like this.
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

I believe its a woman (xx) identifying as a man.
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Yes, biological female going by 'he/him' pronouns.
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

So, the media is "misgendering" him. Interesting...
Wrecks Quan Dough
Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

So, the media is "misgendering" him. Interesting...
I honestly don't know how folks keep up.
SIC EM 94
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Pretty sure you have it backwards…it's a male that identified as a female.
Jack Bauer
SIC EM 94 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

I really can't tell.

I saw the LinkedIn page - "Audrey Hale (He/Him)"
Mothra
SIC EM 94 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

It's about as clear as mud. Police haven't identified whether he/she identifies as transgender male or female. Simply labeled her a transgender.

https://heavy.com/news/audrey-hale/
90sBear
Video showed neighbors being interviewed that said, "Audrey Hale. Goes by Aiden now."
Mothra
90sBear said:

Video showed neighbors being interviewed that said, "Audrey Hale. Goes by Aiden now."
It looks to me like a biological woman that transitioned to man, so that would make sense.

What a clown world.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
I think 28 is on the high side of a typical school shooter. I think they are typically teens to early 20s.
redfish961
The only real option to stopping/mitigating these attacks currently that I see is hardening the targets.

Taking away guns is not going to be an option that is realistic, and in my opinion, nor should it be.

If you want to protect schools and kids, harden the target.

That probably means they just move on to a softer target (i.e. grocery store, malls, shopping centers, etc.), but if you want to protect kids, harden the target.
Sam Lowry
Watch out for 4chan type hoaxes. I'm guessing this is one of them.

ETA: Referring to the pre-transition photo.
90sBear
If biological female to transgender male is correct, I will guess the possibility of testosterone therapy effect plus recent rhetoric will be brought up.
Mothra
So, apparently a biological female to male transition. Was Audrey, and now goes by Aiden

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/27/school-shooter-identified-trans-artist-nashville-audrey-hale/

So the media has been misgendering the shooter, describing him as female when he in fact identifies as male.
boognish_bear
Looks like the police neutralized the shooter 4 minutes after it started. That's a much better response time than we often see.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Watch out for 4chan type hoaxes. I'm guessing this is one of them.

ETA: Referring to the pre-transition photo.
Agreed. Biological female to transgender male, it appears.
Wangchung
Insanity. Too many media outlets gladly spreading lies about anti-youth mutilation bills leads these people to actually believe they are hated just for being alive. It's really quite sad.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Mothra said:

So, apparently a biological female to male transition. Was Audrey, and now goes by Aiden

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/27/school-shooter-identified-trans-artist-nashville-audrey-hale/

So the media has been misgendering the shooter, describing him as female when he in fact identifies as male.
The language used makes no sense. A male cannot transition to a female and neither can a female transition to a male. This is utter confusion.

One who starts as a male is at best a eunuch at the completion of the construction work. A woman tries to modify into a man is merely someone with an unnecessary hood ornament. They can never get to their intended destination. It is a sad deal that society wants to indulge the delusion rather than warn people away from making these mistakes.
muddybrazos
cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

And if you controlled for inner city black crime then the USA is safer than England and most all of Europe. Run the stats on New Hampshire or Vermont violent crime and get back to me. Those are the two states with very little "diversity", lots of guns and almost 0 crime.
Wangchung
Read somewhere about this might be roid rage if she was taking hormones.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
muddybrazos
Wangchung said:

Read somewhere about this might be roid rage if she was taking hormones.
I doubt it was roid rage but trans females do have to take like 1ml a day which is a ton of testoserone. I think the most likely culprit is just mental illness which all trans people have by default. Usually the cause of "roid rage" in a male is taking a lot of T then not taking anything to block estrogen. The excess estrogen causes the bad mood swings.
cms186
muddybrazos said:

cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cms186 said:

bearsocal said:

cms186 said:

chriscbear said:

And if you controlled for inner city black crime then the USA is safer than England and most all of Europe. Run the stats on New Hampshire or Vermont violent crime and get back to me. Those are the two states with very little "diversity", lots of guns and almost 0 crime.
What about if you took away the inner city areas from the UK and the rest of Europe? Inner cities are hotbeds of crime for most countries, its not a unique issue for the USA

Having a quick look at the statistics, Vermonts population is slightly above 600k, England and Wales (I make the distinction because England and Wales form a single legal jurisdiction, so that's what the numbers often come from, with Scotland and NI forming separate ones with separate numbers) is around 60 million, so allow for a small bit of variance.

Vermont saw 22 murders in 2022, England and Wales saw 710, if Vermont's population was the same size as England and Wales, it would have seen 2'200 murders, over 3 times as many as in England and Wales
I'm the English Guy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.