Syria Heating Up

29,223 Views | 335 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
Ludwig von Missi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
syme said:

Crash Davis said:

Not a constitution expert, but I believe there's a difference between "state of war" and "authorization of military force".
Making such distinctions sounds like a great way to involve ourselves in multiple conflicts with no end in sight. Keep racking up that debt - I'm sure the next set of bombings will turn the tide over there!
trey3216
Canada2017 said:

Well at least France and UK stepped up.

Really surprised and pleased France did . They do have a long history/connection with the people of Syria.

Putin is going to respond . He has to or his military alliances will be a laughing stock world wide.

This could explode into WW3 very easily .

Hope our military units are on full alert .
have you not seen the trains?
trey3216
I wonder what cinque is thinking. He did just put Trump's balls on watch the other day about red lines and such. Not that I want any of this to happen, but it is not the lame stance we exhibited previously
Jack and DP
Canada2017 said:

Really surprised and pleased France did . They do have a long history/connection with the people of Syria.

Putin is going to respond . He has to or his military alliances will be a laughing stock world wide.

Put in responses by getting the hell out of the way. Russia/Iran doesn't stand a chance against US/Saudi/Israel.
PartyBear
Russia has nothing it is a Russian mob run country.
Canada2017
Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

Put in responses by getting the hell out of the way. Russia/Iran doesn't stand a chance against US/Saudi/Israel.

I realize opinions are a numbers game......get a few million people together and they all think they each have 'it' figured out.

But exactly how do you figure we'd 'beat' Russia so easily. They match us in nukes, have a far larger conventional army.

Only our Navy is clearly superior . Our civilians ? Not the best when times get tough.
cinque
trey3216 said:

I wonder what cinque is thinking. He did just put Trump's balls on watch the other day about red lines and such. Not that I want any of this to happen, but it is not the lame stance we exhibited previously
How is it different?
cinque
This Syrian journalist raises very valid concerns:

Canada2017
Trump just upped the chances for nuclear war.....'different' enough ?

cowboycwr
Canada2017 said:

Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

I realize opinions are a numbers game......get a few million people together and they all think they each have 'it' figured out.

But exactly how do you figure we'd 'beat' Russia so easily. They match us in nukes, have a far larger conventional army.

Only our Navy is clearly superior . Our civilians ? Not the best when times get tough.

Numbers of soldiers don't matter when we are able to bomb them at will.
cowboycwr
Crash Davis said:

Where were these guys when Obama's was bombing ISIS? Oh that's right it was Obama and they didn't care then.
Ludwig von Missi
cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

Where were these guys when Obama's was bombing ISIS? Oh that's right it was Obama and they didn't care then.
You might want to sit a few plays out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/08/27/amash-syria-strike-unquestionably-unconstitutional-without-congressional-approval/?utm_term=.a2450105c614
Canada2017
cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

Exactly how do you figure the US can ' bomb them at will' ?

The Russian Air Force is the equal to ours.

This is no video game Trump is playing. Millions of people could die......instantly .
cowboycwr
Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/08/27/amash-syria-strike-unquestionably-unconstitutional-without-congressional-approval/?utm_term=.a2450105c614

Lol. Go read my post again and try again.

cowboycwr
Canada2017 said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

This is no video game Trump is playing. Millions of people could die......instantly .

Russian fighters are crap. They would get destroyed by ours very quickly.
Canada2017
And you know this how ?

Ludwig von Missi
cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

Were you not suggesting that the guys in my post (Massie and Amash) that are criticizing unauthorized attacks were silent during the Obama administration? What am I missing?

You said they didn't care when Obama did it...all the evidence is to the contrary.
cowboycwr
Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

Were you not suggesting that the guys in my post (Massie and Amash) that are criticizing unauthorized attacks were silent during the Obama administration? What am I missing?

You said they didn't care when Obama did it...all the evidence is to the contrary.

Read my post again but was very clear what I said.
Ludwig von Missi
cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

I have read your post multiple times.

I posted two tweets. One from Congressman Massie and one from Congressman Amash. Both tweets expressed displeasure regarding potential unauthorized attacks in Syria.

You said, "Where were these guys when Obama's was bombing ISIS? Oh that's right it was Obama and they didn't care then."

I posted links that completely dismantle the notion that they "didn't care" about unauthorized attacks during the Obama administration.

It's ok to just own it and admit you were wrong.

Dubbicans
cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

You are wrong. Russia's fighters are sophisticated. What's even more pressing is their IADS capability and the sophistication of their 4th Gen main battle tanks.

We may 'win,' but conventional conflict between world powers is really a situation where nobody wins. We just don't die as much.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Canada2017
Folks need to pull up the old hydrogen bomb test blasts from the 1950's on YouTube. Would take only about 20-30 to kill tens of millions of us and totally destroy the country.

Putin has at least 2000 warheads

That's the reality of war with Russia.
Pat Neff
HuMcK said:

"Time when attack could hurt the most is gone"

And just announced that Russia wasn't advised. Don't you folks get tired of being wrong?

Seriously, put your hate to the side for about 30 minutes each day.

No doubt you would be reversing the conversation had Trump told the Russians to warn Assad.

You folks are chuckles.
Mitch Blood Green
Crash Davis said:

syme said:

Crash Davis said:

Not a constitution expert, but I believe there's a difference between "state of war" and "authorization of military force".
Making such distinctions sounds like a great way to involve ourselves in multiple conflicts with no end in sight. Keep racking up that debt - I'm sure the next set of bombings will turn the tide over there!

This is one of those situations where they're both right. Our constitution doesn't give the president the authority to declare war. And congress has failed in its reapomsibility of advise and consent.

I hate that we keep splitting the baby on what is wat but I support this action.
cowboycwr
Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

I posted two tweets. One from Congressman Massie and one from Congressman Amash. Both tweets expressed displeasure regarding potential unauthorized attacks in Syria.

You said, "Where were these guys when Obama's was bombing ISIS? Oh that's right it was Obama and they didn't care then."

I posted links that completely dismantle the notion that they "didn't care" about unauthorized attacks during the Obama administration.

Isis

cowboycwr
Dubbicans said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

You are wrong. Russia's fighters are sophisticated. What's even more pressing is their IADS capability and the sophistication of their 4th Gen main battle tanks.

We may 'win,' but conventional conflict between world powers is really a situation where nobody wins. We just don't die as much.

Sorry but I'm right.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-russia-stealth-jets-no-chance-us-f-35-f-22-2017-8

I mean there is no way we are worried about 10 prototype fighters. Ten. Yawn.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a18659251/russia-su-57-syria-f-22/

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/24/new-russian-stealth-fighter-jet-revealed.html

Their 4th gen tanks are still in prototype and test phases. Again a massive yawn. The bulk of their tank force is made up of T-72 variants. (The ones we destroyed at will in Iraq)

So while they may have some good stuff in development it isn't in production yet or being produced enough for a war.
BellCountyBear
Wouldn't it be cheaper(more efficient) to 'off' George Soros?
One .308 bullet to the base of his skull, around $.89. Value to humanity...priceless.
Canada2017
This situation is far more serious than the Cuban Missle Crisis.

Got 2 narcissistic leaders facing off. Each rolling the dice to see who blinks first .

If anyone still believes Trump is Putin's puppet.......you are full on crazy .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

We don't need to be the worlds policeman .

Don't see France, England or Germany getting involved .

Stay clear.
oh really? France call the security council meeting. They are pissed... Britain and Germany will join in also.
Y'all dont understand the aggie. He said "he didnt see it".
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
corncob pipe
it's Kinetic smart power... bla bla bla

here's the Trumpian spin:

Trump has scored gold this evening; This ties up
1) exit strategy
2) Corners NK
3) Makes Assad untenable.
4) Debunks Russia theory BIGLY
5) Leadership!
HuMcK
Pat Neff said:

HuMcK said:

And just announced that Russia wasn't advised. Don't you folks get tired of being wrong?

No doubt you would be reversing the conversation had Trump told the Russians to warn Assad.

You folks are chuckles.

"Russia wasn't advised"? When are y'all gonna learn not to takes this administration's word at face value?

fubar
cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

cowboycwr said:

Crash Davis said:

Isis

Why in the blue hell would Congressmen complain about Obama (or Trump, for that matter) bombing Isis when Congress authorized it?

And are you really so dense as to offer articles from Business Insider to bolster your claim that Russian fighters are crap?
trey3216
HuMcK said:

Pat Neff said:

HuMcK said:

You folks are chuckles.

"Russia wasn't advised"? When are y'all gonna learn not to takes this administration's word at face value?

That could also mean that Russia isn't fully ******ed and they know we would strike certain strategic options because they are, wait for it, strategic options.
HuMcK
trey3216 said:

HuMcK said:

Pat Neff said:

HuMcK said:

You folks are chuckles.

That could also mean that Russia isn't fully ******ed and they know we would strike certain strategic options because they are, wait for it, strategic options.

Yeah it's almost as if all that conspicuous telegraphing that I've been posting about this week in this thread was heard loud and clear. Trump wasn't subtle about it either, he literally tweeted at Putin to "get ready". What's our strategy in Syria these days anyway? Didn't trump say less than 2 weeks ago that we were getting out, what happened to that?
HuMcK
Sometimes I think Trump is just fu/king with us. "Mission accomplished", really?

Dubbicans
cowboycwr said:

Dubbicans said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack and DP said:

Canada2017 said:

Sorry but I'm right.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-russia-stealth-jets-no-chance-us-f-35-f-22-2017-8

I mean there is no way we are worried about 10 prototype fighters. Ten. Yawn.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a18659251/russia-su-57-syria-f-22/

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/24/new-russian-stealth-fighter-jet-revealed.html

Their 4th gen tanks are still in prototype and test phases. Again a massive yawn. The bulk of their tank force is made up of T-72 variants. (The ones we destroyed at will in Iraq)

So while they may have some good stuff in development it isn't in production yet or being produced enough for a war.

If only it was as simple as air to air or force on force. First, not having a stealth capability is not the same as incapable. This isn't the Iraqi Air Force; TTPs and training in Russia actually happen. When you say we can bomb troops at will, you completely ignore their IADS (extremely sophisticated) and assume away all risk because of our technology. It's unwise and it's also not accurate. We have 187 F-22s in the inventory give or take. Assuming even decent readiness, you probably have 100 of those that you can fly. Depending on sortie generation and where they launch from, you need tanker support, forward airfields, etc. Let's assume that the F-22 is completely undetectable. Things that aren't: tankers and airfields. You don't need to shoot down an F-22 to make it useless. And every F-22 in our inventory can't generate the sorties to defeat and adversary the size of the Russian Army.

As far as T-72s go, and argue the majority of their inventory is actually T-80s and T-90s, and again, when couple with sophisticated IADS it's hardly shooting fish in a barrel. Additionally, they don't need every unit to be equipped with T-14s (their 4th gen tank). That item is sophisticated enough to make the solution to killing and destroying it extremely complex.

Bottom line is fighting against Ivan isn't a walk in the park and would lead to death totals not seen since the end of WWII. Thats a fact. And it's not something anyone in our country has a true appetite for l, especially in an age when the feedback loop is near instantaneous thanks to social media.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.