Syria Heating Up

29,227 Views | 335 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/21/trump-syria-withdrawal-us-troops
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doing>considering.

Sooner the better.
We dodged a bullet.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
LIB,MR BEARS
Why does she choose now to ridicule Obama's actions?

More than a day late and a few million foundation dollars short.
Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Why does she choose now to ridicule Obama's actions?

More than a day late and a few million foundation dollars short.
When you start seeing morons like Clinton getting mad about leaving a pointless "war"...just follow the money.

The Qatar oil barons paid $25M-$30M to the Clinton Foundation in exchange for the armament of the Syrian "Freedom Fighters"-- who turned out to be ISIS.

Guess where those weapons came from? Gaddafi's grand armory in Benghazi. Guess who told Gaddafi to stand down, and promised him that he would be allowed to live? Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The reason the CIA was secretly there on September 11, 2011 was that they were helping to facilitate arms deals between the rebels in Libya and the rebels in Syria.

Our government is a mob my friend.
Ludwig von Missi
I think I've made it pretty well known on here that I think Trump is largely a clown and a fraud, but I'm always in favor of giving credit when it's due. This piece sums up my thoughts pretty well:

quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doing>considering.

Sooner the better.
We dodged a bullet.

And somehow kept John Bolton chained up.

But.

Our leaving Syria is what Russia has desired for years. I'm glad we left, but couldn't we have gotten something for it?

The Artlessness of the Deal.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
HuMcK
I think people would respect the decision more if it appeared to have been made after even a modicum of deliberation and forethought, but that's too much to ask with this administration.
Ludwig von Missi
HuMcK said:

I think people would respect the decision more if it appeared to have been made after even a modicum of deliberation and forethought, but that's too much to ask with this administration.

People would respect the decision more if they weren't warmongers that always come up with a "reason" it's not the "right time" to withdraw.
Canada2017
Time for the French, Italians , Germans , or Brits to put THEIR blood and money into the Syrian morass .

We've done enough . ISIS is fundamentally destroyed .

Get our guys home .
HuMcK
Crash Davis said:

HuMcK said:

People would respect the decision more if they weren't warmongers that always come up with a "reason" it's not the "right time" to withdraw.

Whatever you think about the morality of it, we have invested a not insignificant amount of resources into managing this war, and as it starts to wind down it's not unreasonable to want to have a say in how things shape up. As things stand, with this retreat in NE Syria and closing the base next to the Jordanian border, we are basically forfeiting our voice in the negotiations to come for no apparent reason that passes muster.
Ludwig von Missi
HuMcK said:

Crash Davis said:

HuMcK said:

Whatever you think about the morality of it, we have invested a not insignificant amount of resources into managing this war, and as it starts to wind down it's not unreasonable to want to have a say in how things shape up. As things stand, with this retreat in NE Syria and closing the base next to the Jordanian border, we are basically forfeiting our voice in the negotiations to come for no apparent reason that passes muster.
One thing that has become abundantly clear with this forever war foreign policy the U.S. has adopted...there is never an exit strategy. We've seen it time and time again. They always come up with reasons why we should still be there. 6 more months...we have a plan!
YoakDaddy
Trump has democrats and swamp Republicans like Lindsey Graham pissed off. Don't forget that McCain light, like his mentor, never saw a bomb he didn't want to drop on somebody. That means Trump is doing the right thing.
YoakDaddy
Canada2017 said:

Time for the French, Italians , Germans , or Brits to put THEIR blood and money into the Syrian morass .

Get our guys home .

Looks like the Saudis have ponied up some troops. They're all about keeping muzzie sects in line.
Canada2017
YoakDaddy said:

Canada2017 said:

Get our guys home .

Looks like the Saudis have ponied up some troops. They're all about keeping muzzie sects in line.

Haven't read that...but if true ....it is a massive win/win deal.

Muslims fight for their own security and the 'infidels' get to go home and out of a 4 sided morass .
YoakDaddy
Canada2017 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Canada2017 said:

Get our guys home .

Haven't read that...but if true ....it is a massive win/win deal.

Muslims fight for their own security and the 'infidels' get to go home and out of a 4 sided morass .

Read it somewhere late last night, but remember the muzzies don't fight for their own security, they kill the opposing sect to consolidate and retain power.
Dubbicans
Our Kurdish friends are about to get massacred and that freaking sucks.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
HuMcK
HuMcK
Lol nobody knows what's going on.

Brings to mind this style of decision making...
HuMcK
quash
Are we withdrawing from Syria or not?

A lot of y'all crowed about it, laughed at the liberal tears of contradiction, and here we are with 2,000 troops still in Syria and Trump now saying he backs Bolton's conditions. Conditions that are so similar to our Afghanistan policy that they need a name. The Tarbaby Policy.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
HuMcK
HuMcK said:

So...we apparently are about to royally **** the Kurds again. Announced the same day we announced a deal with Turkey for more Patriot missiles too.

Took a few months, but now the time has arrived to fck the Kurds yet again. We even made them take down defensive fortifications pointed at Turkey over tha last few months.
Canada2017
Kurds have been fighting the Turks off and on for generations.

A mere 2000 US troops aren't going to stop such a blood feud. They would only get killed trying.

Glad our troops are finally moving out.

Time to get out of the region entirely.
YoakDaddy
Good. There's no reason to send America's bravest to die for nothing. It's about time we're out.
Mitch Blood Green
YoakDaddy said:

Good. There's no reason to send America's bravest to die for nothing. It's about time we're out.

We aren't there dying. Our presence keeps the Turks at bay. Us pulling out changes that. The Kurds are our allies, they have put ISIS in check.
Canada2017
tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

We aren't there dying. Our presence keeps the Turks at bay. Is pulling out changes that. The Kurds have put ISIS in check.

A mere 2000 US troops didn't keep the entire Turkish army 'at bay'.

Agreements between the Turkey and the US allowed our troops to be present .

And unless you are willing to spend the blood of our people
in an attempt to enforce the continuation of those agreements.......

It's time to get the hell out of the way.
HuMcK
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

We aren't there dying. Our presence keeps the Turks at bay. Is pulling out changes that. The Kurds have put ISIS in check.

Not a chance in hell Turkey was going to move on an area occupied by US troops. We didn't just get out of the way here either, we made the Turks stop building and remove defenses against Turkish invasion as a gesture of good faith on their part, and now Trump (and this one is exclusively on Trump, he's going against all advice here) stabs them in the back.
Sam Lowry
The Kurds are a Maoist cult of fanatical left-wing terrorists fighting against our NATO ally Turkey. To the extent they're useful against ISIS, that's fine. Beyond that we should have absolutely no concern for them.
Canada2017
HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

YoakDaddy said:

Not a chance in hell Turkey was going to move on an area occupied by US troops. We didn't just get out of the way here either, we made the Turks stop building and remove defenses against Turkish invasion as a gesture of good faith on their part, and now Trump (and this one is exclusively on Trump, he's going against all advice here) stabs them in the back.

You have zero knowledge of what the Turks will or will not do. For all we know the Turks said ....we are coming.... period.

And leftists would be the very first to scream when the body bags came back to Andrews Air Force Base. CNN would provide BREAKING NEWS coverage .

So unless you are suggesting the US maintains forces in Syria for the next 70 years shielding the Kurds ( like the US has protected South Korea ).....

Get the hell out of the way .

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I guess I have just never completely understood this Kurds vs. Sunnis thing. My version of Allah and Mohammed is better than your version? Sounds like it is a little worse than the Baptists vs. the Methodists.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

We don't need to be the worlds policeman .

Don't see France, England or Germany getting involved .

Stay clear.
I agree with staying clear, but the UN and other countries might get involved now that chemical weapons were used again by the Syrian government.

Again? We never got proof Syria used chemical weapons last time.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I guess I have just never completely understood this Kurds vs. Sunnis thing. My version of Allah and Mohammed is better than your version? Sounds like it is a little worse than the Baptists vs. the Methodists.
Kurds are not a religious group like Sunni or Shia. They are an ethnic group, like Arabs and Persians.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Kurds are not a religious group like Sunni or Shia. They are an ethnic group, like Arabs and Persians.
Thank you Sir. I did not realize that.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
fubar
Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

You have zero knowledge of what the Turks will or will not do. For all we know the Turks said ....we are coming.... period.

And leftists would be the very first to scream when the body bags came back to Andrews Air Force Base. CNN would provide BREAKING NEWS coverage .

So unless you are suggesting the US maintains forces in Syria for the next 70 years shielding the Kurds ( like the US has protected South Korea ).....

Well I sure as hell know what every one of Trump's advisers (and Obama's, for that matter) think. They don't agree with you. None of them.

And since when do you care what CNN says?

P.S. Not that it matters, but bodies return in caskets to Dover Air Force Base, not Andrews.

Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Canada2017
fubar said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

Well I sure as hell know what every one of Trump's advisers (and Obama's, for that matter) think. They don't agree with you. None of them.

And since when do you care what CNN says?

P.S. Not that it matters, but bodies return in caskets to Dover Air Force Base, not Andrews.

1. No one knows exactly what ' every advisor 'said . That's pure media conjecture.
2. CNN wants troops at risk today so they can complain about dead troops tomorrow.
3. Correct...Dover. Doubt the families of the dead soldiers really care about such a distinction.

Get our troops HOME.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.