White privilege?

58,492 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
only anecdotal stories of white privilege...which turns out to be simple racism with individuals...there are more advantages today of being non-white
D. C. Bear
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

DaveyBear said:

I have white privilege.

I had a father at home.

I was not aborted.

I graduated from school.

I got married before we had 3 kids.

What difficult concepts to understand for Stinque and crew!

Anyone who does not follow the above example is disadvantaged (statistically)
So many dog whistles. So little space.

There's plenty of space.

If you are fortunate enough to have a father present, if you get an education and if you get married before you have kids, you dramatically increase your odds at being what we tend to call successful. This applies without regard for skin color. Want to make things better? Develop policies that encourage those three things.
Of course these are true. So if you're white, you can be confident that you'll have these things, and if you're black you can't?
Depends on what you mean by "confident." On an individual level, you can't know one way or another, but, as your sample size increases, you can draw some fairly confident conclusions at a group level.

According to data from kidscount.org, you've go a 66 percent chance of being in a single parent home if you're African America, and a 24 percent if you're non-Hispanic white.

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/bar/107-children-in-single-parent-families-by-race?loc=1&loct=1#1/any/false/870/10,11,9,12,1,185,13/431

As best I can tell, it's legitimate data, and matches up with what I've read in the past from other sources. The organization is supposed by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, a group I hear mentioned as a supporter of NRP.

Abortion rates for African American women are significantly higher (orders of magnitude higher, not just statistically significantly higher) than the same rates for white women.

There is a gap in high school graduation as well, but it is not as dramatic.

These aren't dog whistles, they're data points.
bubbadog
D. C. Bear said:

Not the way somebody like fadskier uses them. The tactic is to make stereotypes that apply to an entire race. I see it over and over again on this site. It's pretty much a discussion killer.
Waco1947
White privilege is simply having white skin. Stop making stuff up.
D. C. Bear
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Not the way somebody like fadskier uses them. The tactic is to make stereotypes that apply to an entire race. I see it over and over again on this site. It's pretty much a discussion killer.
I see your point. Kind of like the stereotype of "white privilege" giving all whites all sorts of benefits.
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

White privilege is simply having white skin.

Racist propaganda
Golem
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Data are simply data. Your feelings about the data are irrelevant. Facts don't care about your feelings. Data don't "make stereotypes"...they can reveal accurate stereotypes, however.

Blacks suffer from several physical diseases at higher rates than other groups as well. You'd shut their doctors up, ignore those facts and treat them for the sniffles so as not to "make stereotypes"...you'd let them die.

Bravo!
Golem
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

You dislike the fact that self destructive cultures are the culprit in disparities among your chosen victim groups rather than your preferred boogeymen. Of course that kills the conversation for you. It stops you from spreading more lies by forcing you to confront uncomfortable facts. Fictional fairy lights, unicorns and willow-the-"white privilege"s evaporate in the harsh light of actual data. You hate that.
Florda_mike
GolemIII said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Data are simply data. Your feelings about the data are irrelevant. Facts don't care about your feelings. Data don't "make stereotypes"...they can reveal accurate stereotypes, however.

Blacks suffer from several physical diseases at higher rates than other groups as well. You'd shut their doctors up, ignore those facts and treat them for the sniffles so as not to "make stereotypes"...you'd let them die.

Bravo!

Similarly it's like closing our eyes to placing Planned Parenthood, and it's manufactured wantful elimination of future black lives, primarily in black neighborhoods? We never hear about that as eyes seem closed on that too. Why is that?
D. C. Bear
GolemIII said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Bravo!
As soon as they are placed in a context, data are no longer "simply data."
fadskier
D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

I see your point. Kind of like the stereotype of "white privilege" giving all whites all sorts of benefits.
Exactly. and I'm not the one that applies stereotypes to an entire race. I'd like to see where I've done that as you suggested bubba. Cinque does it all of the time as does Waco...have you called them out?
cowboycwr
GolemIII said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

You dislike the fact that self destructive cultures are the culprit in disparities among your chosen victim groups rather than your preferred boogeymen. Of course that kills the conversation for you. It stops you from spreading more lies by forcing you to confront uncomfortable facts. Fictional fairy lights, unicorns and willow-the-"white privilege"s evaporate in the harsh light of actual data. You hate that.
Which is why no one wants to talk about the Chicago shootings or the other black on black crime across the country and instead focus on a small problem of blacks getting shot by police (and ignoring that many times they are shot in the act of committing a crime).

It is why we will not see stinque create a thread about the track star kid about to go to Penn State who was shot and killed last night but will see her start a thread the next time a black person is shot by the police.
fadskier
cowboycwr said:

GolemIII said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Which is why no one wants to talk about the Chicago shootings or the other black on black crime across the country and instead focus on a small problem of blacks getting shot by police (and ignoring that many times they are shot in the act of committing a crime).

It is why we will not see stinque create a thread about the track star kid about to go to Penn State who was shot and killed last night but will see her start a thread the next time a black person is shot by the police.
Yep.
bubbadog
D. C. Bear said:

Yeah, and, uh, no. Your point would apply to economic opportunity, which does not involve "privilege" (for want of a better term that you and I discussed) that applies uniformly across all white people.

But it would not apply to such areas as disparate treatment by law enforcement. When it comes to being shadowed in a store or stopped randomly by police while walking or driving, my white skin gives me a built-in advantage that has nothing to do with any other circumstances in my life.
Doc Holliday
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Yeah, and, uh, no. Your point would apply to economic opportunity, which does not involve "privilege" (for want of a better term that you and I discussed) that applies uniformly across all white people.

But it would not apply to such areas as disparate treatment by law enforcement. When it comes to being shadowed in a store or stopped randomly by police while walking or driving, my white skin gives me a built-in advantage that has nothing to do with any other circumstances in my life.
Have you not once in your ******* life asked why blacks commit so many crimes and murders despite being 12% of the population?

I mean good god son, wake up. You are AFRAID to tackle the truth. Scared to death.

The (shadowed in a store or stopped randomly by police) matches the behavior.

FIX THE BEHAVIOR!

Your narrative assumes that white cops are more suspect and likely to be racist...that's asinine and there is no data for it.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Doc Holliday
This is real.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
D. C. Bear
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stereotypes are still stereotypes, and if "white privilege" was defined as limited to being shadowed in a store (which I have seen with my own eyes) or pulled over for "not belonging" in a particular neighborhood, one might make a case for it not being a gross overgeneralization.

There are times, of course, when "white privilege" isn't. Many years ago in downtown Atlanta I had a cup of coffee and donut with a guy who lived on the streets. He was African American and, as we finished our breakfast, he advised me that it was great to be on the street where we were, but not to go off on the side streets because "It's not safe for white folks." I took his advice to heart. Middle of the morning in an American city and he says it's not safe for me because I'm white. Should I base my view of life in the United States or my view of African Americans on that bit of information? I think not.
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Have you not once in your ******* life asked why blacks commit so many crimes and murders despite being 12% of the population?

I mean good god son, wake up. You are AFRAID to tackle the truth. Scared to death.

FIX THE BEHAVIOR!

Your narrative assumes that white cops are more suspect and likely to be racist...that's asinine and there is no data for it.
Of course I have asked that question. I have a number of theories, none of which have anything to do with how dark someone's skin happens to be.
Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

FIX THE BEHAVIOR!

Of course I have asked that question. I have a number of theories, none of which have anything to do with how dark someone's skin happens to be.
Yeah same here. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.

Fatherless homes is the largest contributor to crime: doesn't matter what race you are. Also it doesn't even matter if you're rich or not. Single mothers regardless of income spells disaster for children.

So the black community's culture exhibits this behavior on a large scale. So if they want to reduce these problems...they have to start holding each other accountable.

But what we have today is pointing the finger at whites. Blaming whites. Telling whites they are the problem. Etc.
Waco1947
Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

White privilege is simply having white skin.

Racist propaganda
Huh?
Waco1947
You white guys aren't listening. No one is saying your whiteness gave you a damn thing. It simply means you have white skin and get treated diiferently than those with black skin.
I have blood yesterday and my technician was black. I asked if she experienced racism at her place of work. She said, "Some clients in the waiting room see her and say to the receptionist 'Can I have someone other than the black girl.'"
She was funny, personable, professional and informative. Those waiting room people saw only black skin. White privilege is a thing. It's simply being treated different than black folk for your white skin.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

You white guys aren't listening. No one is saying your whiteness gave you a damn thing. It simply means you have white skin and get treated diiferently than those with black skin.
I have blood yesterday and my technician was black. I asked if she experienced racism at her place of work. She said, "Some clients in the waiting room see her and say to the receptionist 'Can I have someone other than the black girl.'"
She was funny, personable, professional and informative. Those waiting room people saw only black skin. White privilege is a thing. It's simply being treated different than black folk for your white skin.
You're essentially implying that white people are suspect of racism and have a racist problem built into their DNA.

It's the same rhetoric that lead the Nazi's to murder Jews: the perception that Jewish people were hoarding wealth or on an agenda to belittle everyone but themselves.
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

You're essentially implying that white people are suspect of racism and have a racist problem built into their DNA.

It's the same rhetoric that lead the Nazi's to murder Jews: the perception that Jewish people were hoarding wealth or on an agenda to belittle everyone but themselves.
What do you think the source of white privilege to be?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

You are full of @@@@.

24 hours a day
7 days a week

Absolutely full of @@@@

There are degrees of racism throughout the world . It goes in ALL directions. Black, white , Asian , Latino , etc

This constant, ridiculous harping you do about whites is slanted in the extreme.

Get a dog, get some new meds ....whatever it takes.

But for your own sake......get some mental balance.
Waco1947
Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You are full of @@@@.

24 hours a day
7 days a week

Absolutely full of @@@@

There are degrees of racism throughout the world . It goes in ALL directions. Black, white , Asian , Latino , etc

This constant, ridiculous harping you do about whites is slanted in the extreme.

. You're right racism everywhere. But America has different origins and consequences. Denying your own racism must hurt your heart. Read some MLk to get through it.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You are full of @@@@.

24 hours a day
7 days a week

Absolutely full of @@@@

. You're right racism everywhere. But America has different origins and consequences. Denying your own racism must hurt your heart. Read some MLk to get through it.
That's an interesting idea, that American racism is qualitatively different from racism in other places. A different take on American exceptionalism.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

Lol. That is exactly what the word privilege means. Getting something.

You even defined the word and yet still claim it doesn't mean that in the phrase white privilege.

Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

You even defined the word and yet still claim it doesn't mean that in the phrase white privilege.

. What? Your belief that there is no white privileged is a lie.
"A lie cannot live." MLK
Waco1947
LOL at my statement cowboy is an insult to blacks. Shame on you.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Don't get out much?
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

"A lie cannot live." MLK

White privilege is a lie. If it was true you would have provided some evidence by now.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

LOL at my statement cowboy is an insult to blacks. Shame on you.

I laughed at you saying that privilege does not mean getting something when that is exactly what the definition of the word means. You even provided the definition earlier.

Shame on you for perpetuating a lie that keeps the blacks down instead of helping them to get out from the oppressive democrat party that keeps them down.
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

You are full of @@@@.

24 hours a day
7 days a week

Absolutely full of @@@@

Denying your own dementia hurts members of your family....consult your physician to get through it.
D. C. Bear
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

"A lie cannot live." MLK

White privilege is a lie. If it was true you would have provided some evidence by now.
What some people call "white privilege" is just ordinary racism.
cowboycwr
D. C. Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

"A lie cannot live." MLK

What some people call "white privilege" is just ordinary racism.

That is a totally different discussion then as racism is a person by person choice and done by all races.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.