Baylor Linebacker Heads to Congress

19,788 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Bear8084
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

There will be another terrorist attack on this country someday.
And we will be able to look back at Pelosi and her comrades at how they dismantled our intelligence gathering efforts that could have prevented loss of innocent American life.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847
Take this nonsense to the religion and politics board. This thread is for recognizing and congratulating a former Bear.

You could tell when Colin was at Baylor that he was a really thoughtful, intelligent dude. I'm not surprised at all to see him become the success that he has.

This. Keep the grossness of the R&P Board off the football board and a thread about an awesome Baylor Bear. Congrats to this very successful and very intelligent Baylor Bear!
robby44
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

He's a good speaker. Not an intelligent guy though.

Baylor Grad. Cal law school. Not intelligent? He clearly has the intellect to learn and adapt and has proven himself to be succcesful on the field and in the classroom.

It's always the same. Those credentials on guys you like is intelligence.

What I giggle at is guys missing that life history and life success saying the guy with it isn't "intelligent".

This is a Baylor Bear and Baylor success story. I celebrate him.

My dad always told me as long as you play sports or they can put their hands in your pockets, some will smile and **** with you on certain level
Johnny Bear
ScrappyPaws said:

Closest thing we have to a fascist in this country's political scene is sitting in the White House sending his latest tweet.

Sincerely,
A former Republican who's unwilling to sacrifice basic decency for personal and political gain.
You clearly have no idea what a "fascist" is. I know this isn't the R&P board, but I'm so sick of this kind of ridiculous name calling crap that in no shape, form or fashion applies.
BaylorOkie
This place can be a real cesspool. Disappointing thread.
coldhardtruth
Once again, several posters demonstrate why we can't have nice things.
osogreen
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

osogreen said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fascist. Go tell the veterans in this country how you took money from Nancy Pelosi.

Fascist??? Veterans??? Nancy Pelosi ??? Not connecting the dots here. I'm a veteran (Vietnam), what would you like to tell me?
My pleasure.

The people on this thread think it's all about Santa Claus and Christmas and think that we should vote for people because they played for our favorite football team, but I appreciate that people put their lives at risk to protect our freedom.

You mean like the right to vote and express your opinions? You're welcome.

I'm not from the Dallas area but from what I understand Sessions had a fairly slimy background as a Congressman. Maybe, just maybe, the voters felt it was time for a change. There are still some of us who vote for the person regardless of party affiliation.
Sailor Bear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fascist. Go tell the veterans in this country how you took money from Nancy Pelosi.
At least when you derailed the thread, you turned the nonsense up to 11. Congrats, a**hat.
Stefano DiMera
So Allred will be responsible for our next terrorist attack..not our President who is in bed with our enemies?

Got it.

Beat ISU.
PartyBear
Stefano DiMera said:

So Allred will be responsible for our next terrorist attack..not our President who is in bed with our enemies?

Got it.

Beat ISU.
This does essentially sum up the lunacy of the R&P board. Which really should be renamed Rightwing Conspiracy board.
RegentCoverup
osogreen said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

osogreen said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fascist??? Veterans??? Nancy Pelosi ??? Not connecting the dots here. I'm a veteran (Vietnam), what would you like to tell me?
My pleasure.

The people on this thread think it's all about Santa Claus and Christmas and think that we should vote for people because they played for our favorite football team, but I appreciate that people put their lives at risk to protect our freedom.

You mean like the right to vote and express your opinions? You're welcome.

I'm not from the Dallas area but from what I understand Sessions had a fairly slimy background as a Congressman. Maybe, just maybe, the voters felt it was time for a change. There are still some of us who vote for the person regardless of party affiliation.
Sessions father was once our FBI Director. But yeah, he's a dirtball. Whatever.

The voters always win. I'm not arguing with the outcome. Just saying he's gonna sell out his country just like his party has done. If you think voting on the individual is a good metric, you're woefully naive about how political power works in this country.
RegentCoverup
Stefano DiMera said:

Got it.

Beat ISU
Nancy Pelosi tried to jail and ultimately helped file a lawsuit against the people interrogating Abu Zubaydah and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Because of that none of those people want to risk having their country jail them, they've ceased interrogating prisoners and Al-Qaeda members.

Only a Democrat would be dumb enough to think this makes our country safer.
RegentCoverup
Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

At least when you derailed the thread, you turned the nonsense up to 11. Congrats, a**hat.
Some day, your balls will drop. But probably not in my lifetime.
Illinois Bear2
I may not agree with him politically, but to say he isn't intelligent is just stupid. Anyone that runs for office has my respect. It's hard as hell to do and a ton of work.
bularry
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

And we will be able to look back at Pelosi and her comrades at how they dismantled our intelligence gathering efforts that could have prevented loss of innocent American life.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847

Opinion and fact aren't the same thing.
bularry
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Some day, your balls will drop. But probably not in my lifetime.

So why are so many generals and military leaders Dems?
bularry
Johnny Bear said:

ScrappyPaws said:

Closest thing we have to a fascist in this country's political scene is sitting in the White House sending his latest tweet.

Sincerely,
A former Republican who's unwilling to sacrifice basic decency for personal and political gain.
You clearly have no idea what a "fascist" is. I know this isn't the R&P board, but I'm so sick of this kind of ridiculous name calling crap that in no shape, form or fashion applies.

He said closest thing. That isn't wrong

BylrFan
Sic Em Collin!

Mods need to ban that troll. Have some respect, this isn't high school.
PartyBear
bularry, serious statement here. People like you need to retake the GOP.
Baylorhtownfan
TellMeYouLoveMe definitely lives in a van with alt right stickers all over it.
Mitch Blood Green
Baylorhtownfan said:

TellMeYouLoveMe definitely lives in a van with alt right stickers all over it.

Down by the river?
RegentCoverup
Haha!

Not one person has dared challenge the fact Colin is on Nancy Pelosis payroll.

Nice comebacks, guys. Really.

Sounds like Colin went off to Berkeley and has come back a brainwashed radical liberal.
RegentCoverup
bularry said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Right, thanks for that powerful but irrelevant insight.

My opinion, admittedly is hardly my own. I'm simply telling people what they need to hear, which is that according to the people that were directly involved, Pelosi was a detriment to the efforts to make our country safe.

Colin's campaign was funded by Pelosi. He will be told to vote as she sees fit. It's an unfortunate fact of our two party system.
Surf Oso
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bularry said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Right, thanks for that powerful but irrelevant insight.

My opinion, admittedly is hardly my own. I'm simply telling people what they need to hear, which is that according to the people that were directly involved, Pelosi was a detriment to the efforts to make our country safe.

Colin's campaign was funded by Pelosi. He will be told to vote as she sees fit. It's an unfortunate fact of our two party system.
Take this to the R&P board. that's 5 doors down. We talk football here and Allred played football for Baylor, so agree/disagree with his politics, Colin did well for himself last night.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
RegentCoverup
Take that up with the OP.

If this is a football board, this thread doesn't even start here.
BaylorOkie
Time to lock this thread, IMO.
ImwithBU
YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Take this nonsense to the religion and politics board. This thread is for recognizing and congratulating a former Bear.

You could tell when Colin was at Baylor that he was a really thoughtful, intelligent dude. I'm not surprised at all to see him become the success that he has.

Nice that he's a Bear, but it's neither thoughtful nor intelligent to be a democrat.
Thats your opinion. I went to college with him as well as several other successful minorities at Baylor. Most of my friends are doctors, lawyer,s dentists or have some other form of terminal degree. Most of us vote democrat because It was part of our upbringing, like Republican is likely part of yours. In reality voting Republican would probably be in my best interest, but Im democratic because it has been engraved into me that it is the party of my people.
BylrFan
BaylorOkie said:

Sad cause at the old Baylor fans, everyone was rational without all the senseless name calling. Rarely was there a thread locked.
WestTexSand
Tellmethatyouloveme sez:
My pleasure.

'
Riiiight....so you must have a big stiffie appreciation for our President.
He put his life on the line.... oh wait....not fighting in the Vietnam jungles, but in avoiding STDs as a horndog socialite.

https://people.com/politics/trump-boasted-of-avoiding-stds-while-dating-vaginas-are-landmines-it-was-my-personal-vietnam/

https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/media/trump-stern-vietnam-stds/index.html

I give thanks each day for the men and women who have served and are currently serving.
And the President enjoys cozying up and cutting deals with our enemies.

Sic em' Collin!
Fling that Green & Gold afar on Capitol Hill!
Sailor Bear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

You made it a partisan politics thread, idiot. Not me.
Texas Tiger
boognish_bear said:

ATL Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

Sic'em Colin!

http://a65.tinypic.com/av1zyc.jpg
That's Mike McFarland after our victory in Boulder in '91.

Thanks for that catch. Google done me wrong.
Don't worry about it. Hillary said they all look alike!
possible12
BaylorOkie said:

Not the only one. It's become a cesspool of *****ing for about 10 people.
RegentCoverup
Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

You're a whiny liberal ***** 365 days a year, you need your own board.

BylrFan
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

You're a whiny liberal ***** 365 days a year, you need your own board.

Ironic. You were the one who started this whole ***** fest while all your fellow bears wished congratulatory remarks regardless of political affiliation. You're really showing your true colors getting worked up for someone who manage to do so much more than you.
Stefano DiMera
You would think with the way OUR school has been drug through the mud...having someone well spoken and intelligent representing us in government should be applauded..

As for this X-Files conspiracy theory about Pelosi..lets give the guy..oh i dont know..a few weeks before that..thats what a reasonable intelligent person would do..
YoakDaddy
ImwithBU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Nice that he's a Bear, but it's neither thoughtful nor intelligent to be a democrat.
Thats your opinion. I went to college with him as well as several other successful minorities at Baylor. Most of my friends are doctors, lawyer,s dentists or have some other form of terminal degree. Most of us vote democrat because It was part of our upbringing, like Republican is likely part of yours. In reality voting Republican would probably be in my best interest, but Im democratic because it has been engraved into me that it is the party of my people.

I didn't bring up his minority status or race because I don't care what race he is so don't throw that race card bullshlt at me. Vote for whomever you want, but you only proved that you blindly follow a party because of your family history despite your vote being against your best interests. That's not intelligent. If that were my case, I'd vote democrat because my uncle was a speechwriter for LBJ and knew him personally since the 1950s. My folks (and Baylor) taught me to think critically.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.