Why is this little snot in the man's face?

23,213 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cinque
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

I feel sorry for the kid. Geez I don't know what I would have done.
Sandmann's statement was either written by his parents or by a lawyer they hired to represent him--probably the latter.

The incident started with yelling between two groups--the kids and the Hebrew Isralites. The HIs sound dangerous in the longer video I saw. Where were the chaparones who should have steered the kids somewhere safer?

Mr. Phillips thought he could diffuse the tension by singing his peace song and getting inbetween the 2 groups. One of the kids--Nick--wouldn't back off. A chaparone should have taken that opportunity to lead the group away.

What baffles me about this whole thing is how fast the right-wing media managed to turn this story into another example of white people being mistreated by the MSM. Mr. Phillips is a villain for singing and chanting to try to prevent violence and shouting? He didn't call names or shout at anyone. All he tried to do was diffuse the situation. IMO, nobody BUT Mr. Phillips looks good here.
Jack Bauer
Jinx 2 said:

Waco1947 said:

Sandmann's statement was either written by his parents or by a lawyer they hired to represent him--probably the latter, since his mom has apparently refered to the Hebrew Israelites as "black Muslims."

The incident started with yelling between two groups--the kids and the Hebrew Isralites. The HIs sound dangerous in the longer video I saw. Where were the chaparones who should have steered the kids somewhere safer?

Mr. Phillips thought he could diffuse the tension by singing his peace song and getting inbetween the 2 groups. One of the kids--Nick--wouldn't back off.

What baffles me about this whole thing is how fast the right-wing media managed to turn this story into another example of white people being mistreated by the MSM. Mr. Phillips is a villain for singing and chanting to try to prevent violence and shouting? He didn't call names or shout at anyone. All he tried to do was diffuse the situation.
Wrong.

The kids were mistreated by MSM by declaring they "surrounded" Mr. Phllips and chanted build that wall and other racist slurs (They didn't). NOBODY says Mr. Phillps is a villain, stop making stuff up.

They were literally sitting there minding their own business and singing school songs. Some old man walks right up to them banging a drum in their face. At first they thought he was joining them in their songs, then they didn't know what he was doing. How would a bunch of teenagers from KY know the intent of an elderly Native American?

One kid stands there with a smirk for a few mins, he doesn't talk to or touch Mr. Philips and then he continues on.
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

"The story is a Rorschach testtell me how you first reacted, and I can probably tell where you live, who you voted for in 2016, and your general take on a list of other issuesbut it shouldn't be. Take away the video and tell me why millions of people care so much about an obnoxious group of high-school students protesting legalized abortion and a small circle of American Indians protesting centuries of mistreatment who were briefly locked in a tense standoff. Take away Twitter and Facebook and explain why total strangers care so much about people they don't know in a confrontation they didn't witness. Why are we all so primed for outrage, and what if the thousands of words and countless hours spent on this had been directed toward something consequential?
If the Covington Catholic incident was a test, it's one I failedalong with most others."
The Atlantic
This event is a Rohrschach Test. We see what we want to see. I did. I was wrong
corn cannot or did not read.
Waco1947 ,la
GoneGirl
Jack Bauer said:

Jinx 2 said:

Waco1947 said:

Sandmann's statement was either written by his parents or by a lawyer they hired to represent him--probably the latter, since his mom has apparently refered to the Hebrew Israelites as "black Muslims."

Mr. Phillips thought he could diffuse the tension by singing his peace song and getting inbetween the 2 groups. One of the kids--Nick--wouldn't back off.

What baffles me about this whole thing is how fast the right-wing media managed to turn this story into another example of white people being mistreated by the MSM. Mr. Phillips is a villain for singing and chanting to try to prevent violence and shouting? He didn't call names or shout at anyone. All he tried to do was diffuse the situation.
Wrong.

The kids were mistreated by MSM by declaring they "surrounded" Mr. Phllips and chanted build that wall and other racist slurs (They didn't). NOBODY says Mr. Phillps is a villain, stop making stuff up.

They were literally sitting there minding their own business and singing school songs. Some old man walks right up to them banging a drum in their face. At first they thought he was joining them in their songs, then they didn't know what he was doing. How would a bunch of teenagers from KY know the intent of an elderly Native American?

One kid stands there with a smirk for a few mins, he doesn't talk to or touch Mr. Philips and then he continues on.
Just goes to show that people are going to disagree with what happened even when there's video evidence:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/viral-video-catholic-school-teens-taunting-native-americans/story?id=60498772

One student who was part of the group Kentucky youth group claimed he and his classmates were initially targeted by a middle-aged African-American man with a megaphone who yelled racial slurs at them as they were doing school cheers while taking a head count and preparing to get on buses to go home.

"We then went back to our school chants ("CCH") and clapped," the student said in a statement to ABC News, asking to remain anonymous. "At that point, an Indigenous American man with a few other men approached the center of the boys and in particular one boy (who goes to my school but I do not know him). He was beating his drum and chanting something that I couldn't understand. The boy from my school didn't say anything or move -- he just stood there.

"As time went on the man with the drum got closer to his face. The guy with the drum yelled something at us that I could not understand. After a couple of minutes of the man standing there beating the drum in the boy's face, he walked away. The African American man with the megaphone came back and started yelling obscenities at us. Some upperclassmen from our school told us to load onto the bus which is what we did. That was the end. That is everything that I saw."

But Kaya Taitano, a college student who posted one of the videos of the confrontation, said no one from the Native American group instigated the episode.

"No one from the indigenous peoples' march called anyone names," Taitano told ABC News. "It was a peaceful movement. Prior to this madness, they all joined hands and danced in a circle."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/picture-of-the-conflict-on-the-mall-comes-into-clearer-focus/2019/01/20/c078f092-1ceb-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html?utm_term=.3498d06ee2e1

The three groups that met Friday in the cold shadow of the Lincoln Memorial could hardly have been more different. They were indigenous rights activists from Michigan, Catholic schoolboys from Kentucky some wearing Make America Great Again hats and Hebrew Israelites from the nation's capital.

They were Native American, Caucasian and African American; old, young and middle-aged.

And there, beneath the fallen president's promise to work "with malice toward none, with charity for all," they came together in an incident that would echo nationwide for its ugliness.

The Israelites and students exchanged taunts, videos show. The Native Americans and Hebrew Israelites say some students shouted, "Build the wall!" But the chant is not heard on the widely circulated videos, and the Cincinnati Enquirer quotes Nick Sandmann, the student at the center of the confrontation, saying he did not hear anyone utter the phrase.

When a Native American elder intervened, singing and playing a prayer song, scores of students around him seem to mimic and mock him, a video posted Monday shows. At one point, he found himself face to face with Sandman, whose frozen smile struck some as nervousness and others as arrogance.

Neither budged.

Video footage of the tense confrontation quickly went viral, stirring outrage across the political spectrum. The Kentucky teens' church apologized on Saturday, condemning the students' actions. By Sunday, however, conservative commenters on social media were saying it was the students who had been wronged, and the organizers of the March for Life, the event that drew the teens to Washington, rescinded their initial criticismof the youths.

Sandmann, an 11th-grader, said in a statement provided to the Enquirer that he and his classmates had been called "racists," "bigots" and worse. He said he was "remaining motionless and calm" in hopes that things would not "get out of hand."

The Native American elder said he was caught in the middle.

"When I took that drum and hit that first beat . . . it was a supplication to God," said Nathan Phillips, a member of the Omaha tribe and a Marine veteran. "Look at us, God, look at what is going on here; my America is being torn apart by racism, hatred, bigotry."

The incident, and the finger-pointing that followed, seemed to capture the worst of America at a moment of extreme political polarization, as discourse once again gave way to division, and people drew conclusions on social media before all the facts were known.

The students, from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Ky. were one of scores of school groups bused to the annual March for Life.

The Native American activists were there for the Indigenous Peoples March.

So were the Hebrew Israelites, who believe African Americans are God's chosen people and the real descendants of the Hebrews of the Bible.

"We were there to teach, to teach the truth of the Bible, to show them our real history," said Shar Yaqataz Banyamyan, one of five Hebrew Israelites on the Mall that day.

The group has militant members and "a long, strange list of enemies" that includes whites, Jews, Asians, members of the LGBTQ community, abortion rights advocates and continental Africans, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Banyamyan said he and those with him Friday believe in using blunt language, but not violence. A video he posted to social media shows them insulting other marchers.

"Where's your husband?" one Hebrew Israelite asked a woman who had stopped to argue with the group. "Bring your husband. Let me speak to him."

At one point, the Hebrew Israelites began arguing with Native American activists, telling them the word "Indian" means "savage," according to the video.

While the groups argued, some students laughed and mocked them, according to Banyamyan and another Hebrew Israelite, Ephraim Israel, who came from New York for the event. As tension grew, the Hebrew Israelites started insulting the students.

"Tell them to come over in the lion's den instead of mocking from over there," Banyamyan can be heard saying in the video. "Y'all dirty ass little crackers, your day is coming."

"They were sitting there, mocking me as I was trying to teach my brothers, so yes the attention turned to them," Israel told The Washington Post. "I explained to them, you want to build the wall for Mexicans and other indigenous people, but you've never seen a black or a Mexican shoot up a school."

Sandmann said in his statement that he "did not witness or hear any students chant 'build that wall' or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false."

He said he and his classmates were shouting cheers they knew from school, with permission from their chaperones, "to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protesters."

By 5 p.m., the light was fading on the Mall and both marches had mostly petered out. A group of around 100 Covington students had gathered on the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial, where they had been told to meet before catching their buses home.

The Hebrew Israelites were also still there, and still insulting the students.

"You all are a bunch of Donald Trump incest babies," Israel said to them, according to the video, before asking if there were any black students among them.

When a black Covington student came forward, Israel called him "Kanye West" and the n-word, the footage shows. He tells the teen his friends will one day harvest his organs, an apparent reference to the racially fraught movie "Get Out."

At that point, the students began chanting, jumping and shouting. The songs culminated in one student stripping off his shirt and shouting as others cheered
ValhallaBear
corncob pipe
let's see

drum up Catholic hate, because RBG is almost dead and AMY is in the bullpen
ValhallaBear
Soak up the left wing love

GoldenBear007
There is ZERO integrity in today's journalism. It's all about putting out stories or quotes/headlines without the full context to stir controversy and generate the most hits without even getting all the damn facts first.

This kind of journal is dangerous since a lot of people will still cling to the first story even if it's proven false.
Midnight Rider
I'm with the little snot on this one.
Canada2017
The kid did absolutely nothing wrong. Not a gesture, not a word, not even a facial expression.

But he wore a hat supporting a president that leftists hate.

And for THAT the kid will be attacked by leftist media for the rest of his life .

The real message is far broader.....

' Shut the hell up ( conservatives, Christians, Republicans) You have no rights anymore . Shut the hell up or we will destroy you . '

cinque

I guess we should be grateful he didn't call him Tonto.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Jack Bauer
Isn't feminism great?

Forest Bueller
Jinx 2 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Jinx 2 said:

Waco1947 said:

Wrong.

Just goes to show that people are going to disagree with what happened even when there's video evidence:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/viral-video-catholic-school-teens-taunting-native-americans/story?id=60498772

One student who was part of the group Kentucky youth group claimed he and his classmates were initially targeted by a middle-aged African-American man with a megaphone who yelled racial slurs at them as they were doing school cheers while taking a head count and preparing to get on buses to go home.

"We then went back to our school chants ("CCH") and clapped," the student said in a statement to ABC News, asking to remain anonymous. "At that point, an Indigenous American man with a few other men approached the center of the boys and in particular one boy (who goes to my school but I do not know him). He was beating his drum and chanting something that I couldn't understand. The boy from my school didn't say anything or move -- he just stood there.

"As time went on the man with the drum got closer to his face. The guy with the drum yelled something at us that I could not understand. After a couple of minutes of the man standing there beating the drum in the boy's face, he walked away. The African American man with the megaphone came back and started yelling obscenities at us. Some upperclassmen from our school told us to load onto the bus which is what we did. That was the end. That is everything that I saw."

But Kaya Taitano, a college student who posted one of the videos of the confrontation, said no one from the Native American group instigated the episode.

"No one from the indigenous peoples' march called anyone names," Taitano told ABC News. "It was a peaceful movement. Prior to this madness, they all joined hands and danced in a circle."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/picture-of-the-conflict-on-the-mall-comes-into-clearer-focus/2019/01/20/c078f092-1ceb-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html?utm_term=.3498d06ee2e1

The three groups that met Friday in the cold shadow of the Lincoln Memorial could hardly have been more different. They were indigenous rights activists from Michigan, Catholic schoolboys from Kentucky some wearing Make America Great Again hats and Hebrew Israelites from the nation's capital.

They were Native American, Caucasian and African American; old, young and middle-aged.

And there, beneath the fallen president's promise to work "with malice toward none, with charity for all," they came together in an incident that would echo nationwide for its ugliness.

The Israelites and students exchanged taunts, videos show. The Native Americans and Hebrew Israelites say some students shouted, "Build the wall!" But the chant is not heard on the widely circulated videos, and the Cincinnati Enquirer quotes Nick Sandmann, the student at the center of the confrontation, saying he did not hear anyone utter the phrase.

When a Native American elder intervened, singing and playing a prayer song, scores of students around him seem to mimic and mock him, a video posted Monday shows. At one point, he found himself face to face with Sandman, whose frozen smile struck some as nervousness and others as arrogance.

Neither budged.

Video footage of the tense confrontation quickly went viral, stirring outrage across the political spectrum. The Kentucky teens' church apologized on Saturday, condemning the students' actions. By Sunday, however, conservative commenters on social media were saying it was the students who had been wronged, and the organizers of the March for Life, the event that drew the teens to Washington, rescinded their initial criticismof the youths.

Sandmann, an 11th-grader, said in a statement provided to the Enquirer that he and his classmates had been called "racists," "bigots" and worse. He said he was "remaining motionless and calm" in hopes that things would not "get out of hand."

The Native American elder said he was caught in the middle.

"When I took that drum and hit that first beat . . . it was a supplication to God," said Nathan Phillips, a member of the Omaha tribe and a Marine veteran. "Look at us, God, look at what is going on here; my America is being torn apart by racism, hatred, bigotry."

The incident, and the finger-pointing that followed, seemed to capture the worst of America at a moment of extreme political polarization, as discourse once again gave way to division, and people drew conclusions on social media before all the facts were known.

The students, from Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Ky. were one of scores of school groups bused to the annual March for Life.

The Native American activists were there for the Indigenous Peoples March.

So were the Hebrew Israelites, who believe African Americans are God's chosen people and the real descendants of the Hebrews of the Bible.

"We were there to teach, to teach the truth of the Bible, to show them our real history," said Shar Yaqataz Banyamyan, one of five Hebrew Israelites on the Mall that day.

The group has militant members and "a long, strange list of enemies" that includes whites, Jews, Asians, members of the LGBTQ community, abortion rights advocates and continental Africans, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Banyamyan said he and those with him Friday believe in using blunt language, but not violence. A video he posted to social media shows them insulting other marchers.

"Where's your husband?" one Hebrew Israelite asked a woman who had stopped to argue with the group. "Bring your husband. Let me speak to him."

At one point, the Hebrew Israelites began arguing with Native American activists, telling them the word "Indian" means "savage," according to the video.

While the groups argued, some students laughed and mocked them, according to Banyamyan and another Hebrew Israelite, Ephraim Israel, who came from New York for the event. As tension grew, the Hebrew Israelites started insulting the students.

"Tell them to come over in the lion's den instead of mocking from over there," Banyamyan can be heard saying in the video. "Y'all dirty ass little crackers, your day is coming."

"They were sitting there, mocking me as I was trying to teach my brothers, so yes the attention turned to them," Israel told The Washington Post. "I explained to them, you want to build the wall for Mexicans and other indigenous people, but you've never seen a black or a Mexican shoot up a school."

Sandmann said in his statement that he "did not witness or hear any students chant 'build that wall' or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false."

He said he and his classmates were shouting cheers they knew from school, with permission from their chaperones, "to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protesters."

By 5 p.m., the light was fading on the Mall and both marches had mostly petered out. A group of around 100 Covington students had gathered on the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial, where they had been told to meet before catching their buses home.

The Hebrew Israelites were also still there, and still insulting the students.

"You all are a bunch of Donald Trump incest babies," Israel said to them, according to the video, before asking if there were any black students among them.

When a black Covington student came forward, Israel called him "Kanye West" and the n-word, the footage shows. He tells the teen his friends will one day harvest his organs, an apparent reference to the racially fraught movie "Get Out."

At that point, the students began chanting, jumping and shouting. The songs culminated in one student stripping off his shirt and shouting as others cheered

Gracious alive you are truly crazy. I watch 2 hours of film, these kids from start to end did absolutely nothing wrong. A group yelled obscenities at them that I won't repeat, then mocked them calling them the spawns or products of incest and then calling them mobile home children or some stupid similar refrain, later a strange older man just wanders into the middle of them unprovoked banging his silly drum in their faces, if he wanted to pray for them, he should have wondered into the middle of the hate group taunting the kids and told them to back off and leave innocent children alone.

The left at least far left non-thinking have simple lost their minds. Don't blame Trump, look in the mirror, that's where the blame is.
Forest Bueller
ValhallaBear said:

No kidding.
KingHendy
Cinque what are your other screen names? Will you at least acknowledge this? Or just go away. Your ilk are the worst of what the internet offers.
Waco1947
Sandmann and Phillips are a Rorschach Test.
Left sees what they want to see
Right sees what they want to see
It ain't a binary world. It's complex. Context is our friend.
Waco1947 ,la
GoneGirl
Nick Sandmann's family hired a PR firm:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/01/21/covington-catholic-runswitch-pr-helped-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

I
Canada2017
Jinx 2 said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/01/21/covington-catholic-runswitch-pr-helped-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

I

So what ?

Oh wait.....forgot.....kid wore a MAGA hat so the rest of his life is forfeit.

Said life to be put under a relentless social media microscope and attacked.

Carry on.
JXL
Jinx 2 said:

I

And?
Jack Bauer
"Blackface"

Golem
Jinx 2 said:

I
And yet it still won't likely be enough to combat the wall to wall lies the leftists inside and outside the media have been spewing about these kids nonstop. Your lot are evil liars who simply revel in crafting falsehoods to try and destroy people with whom you disagree.

Of the entire list, I can't come up with a single one of the ten commandments your lot doesn't just break, but proudly champion the breaking of. In this case, you rejoice in bearing false witness against your neighbor.

ValhallaBear
CNN blaming a fake Twitter account for them not being able to vet the situation fully before they ran with their narrative
ValhallaBear
Jack Bauer said:

Isn't feminism great?

W
H
O
R
E
Golem
She's probably blown guys for less.
Golem

Well well well, looks like Indian speak with forked tongue. The video very clearly demonstrates that this racist drum beating, gibberish chanting motherfu**er is a first class liar.
Doc Holliday
FormerFlash
Jinx 2 said:

Quote:

All he tried to do was diffuse the situation. IMO, nobody BUT Mr. Phillips looks good here.

He went on national tv and lied about what happened and that is proven beyond a doubt by the videos that have emerged.

Tell us again how he's the only one with no agenda?
Sic Everyone.
ValhallaBear
Probably not a great idea for the Indians to try to piss off white folk again

Didn't work out too well for them last time
Golem
ValhallaBear said:

We could end this whole thing with an open bar....
Jack Bauer
GolemIII said:

ValhallaBear said:

Who knew that banging a drum in front of someone's face and chanting nonsense would create so much tension. I don't see anger here, just a lot of confusion.
Doc Holliday
ValhallaBear
GolemIII said:

ValhallaBear said:

Are you talking about Chief Bang The Drum Slowly or Waco1947?
ValhallaBear
Golem
I think MAGA hats are awful. But next time I'm back in the US, I'm buying one and walking through a university just to see what happens.
Joe Waco
Looks like a lot of people are upset about what happened at a meaningless protest.

I'd suggest to everyone that is fired up over this to find a better way to occupy their time because

(1) who cares
(2) it doesn't matter anyways

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.