Why is this little snot in the man's face?

23,313 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cinque
KingHendy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Its now obvious that Cinque logs onto this forum with multiple names, only to incite folks on both sides of the argument. Shameful and should be permanently kicked along with associated IPs.
bunation
cinque said:

These Catholic schools are not making these kids aware of the totality of Catholic social teaching. Shame on them.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/20/686988268/video-of-kentucky-students-mocking-native-american-man-draws-outcry
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/19/us/teens-mock-native-elder-trnd/index.html

Shame. Shame.

Your people are so much kinder...........

(One of thousands)
https://onenewsnow.com/church/2018/09/02/lgbt-antifa-demand-texas-church-leave-over-sexuality
Waco1947
You don't miss a beat do you? Sad
ValhallaBear
Waco1947 said:

I can't say with 100% assurance but in nearly 4000 posts this is the first one of yours I've ever read that had no:

grammatical
spelling
punctuation
structure

errors.

I'm making you great again
Waco1947
ValhallaBear said:

Waco1947 said:

I can't say with 100% assurance but in nearly 4000 posts this is the first one of yours I've ever read that had no:

grammatical
spelling
punctuation
structure

errors.

I'm making you great again
Thank you.
bunation
Here's just a sampling...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitbart.com/the-media/2018/07/05/rap-sheet-acts-of-media-approved-violence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/amp/

Do Democrats have ANY morality at all? Where is the outrage from the left? Much of this behavior is criminal. All of it is inappropriate in a free society where civil protests, commentary & debate are how opinions are expressed.
ValhallaBear
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

I feel sorry for the kid. Geez I don't know what I would have done.
We are in agreement here. Imagine you are on your DC field trip, minding your own business doing what kids do, they act like kids, and an old man wanders over into the middle of your group, and just happens to post himself in front of you, banging his drum in your face chanting something.

Remember you are just a kid, this is a grown ass man, who should know better than to provoke kids.

C....your narrative, your perspective, your agenda is totally wrong here. Imagine some old man gets in your childs face banging a drum in his ear, unsolicited.

I thought the kid showed tremendous restraint. Me probably would have done the same thing as a kid, but let me tell you, there were a good many friends from Chilton, who would have not been so polite as this teen with such provocation.
Mitch Blood Green
I'm not asking for anyone's approval.

I'd have been very disappointed if my kid behaved that way. (And I don't care about the "yeah but they")
Waco1947
The young man is named Sandmann. He said, "Referring to Phillips, Sandmann said: "I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers.

"I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation," he said. "I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand."

Sandmann, who said he has received death threats, strongly disputed characterizations that he is a racist, saying: "I am mortified that so many people have come to believe something that did not happen that students from my school were chanting or acting in a racist fashion toward African Americans or Native Americans."

"I did not do that, do not have hateful feelings in my heart, and did not witness any of my classmates doing that," he said, adding: "I have read that Mr. Phillips is a veteran of the United States Marines. I thank him for his service and am grateful to anyone who puts on the uniform to defend our nation. If anyone has earned the right to speak freely, it is a U.S. Marine veteran."
I believe him. I think we adults are projecting on to him and Phillips our own ideologies.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

We are in agreement here. Imagine you are on your DC field trip, minding your own business doing what kids do, they act like kids, and an old man wanders over into the middle of your group, and just happens to post himself in front of you, banging his drum in your face chanting something.

Remember you are just a kid, this is a grown ass man, who should know better than to provoke kids.

C....your narrative, your perspective, your agenda is totally wrong here. Imagine some old man gets in your childs face banging a drum in his ear, unsolicited.

I thought the kid showed tremendous restraint. Me probably would have done the same thing as a kid, but let me tell you, there were a good many friends from Chilton, who would have not been so polite as this teen with such provocation.
I think the kids were just confused as to what this guy was doing.

At first they thought he was banging his drum along with their singing, so they just got louder. I don't they comprehended it was some type of protest.
Forest Bueller
KingHendy said:

Its now obvious that Cinque logs onto this forum with multiple names, only to incite folks on both sides of the argument. Shameful and should be permanently kicked along with associated IPs.
Yep. There have been multiple personalities for a while, this one was maybe just an poorly worded I think I understand what he meant, but a week or so ago he soundly went against his own claim.

Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

At first they thought he was banging his drum along with their singing, so they just got louder. I don't they comprehended it was some type of protest.
I think you are right. We have to remember, this nut wandered unsolicited right into the middle of them. The kids were just minding their own business.

Fake news is real.
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

The young man is named Sandmann. He said, "Referring to Phillips, Sandmann said: "I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers.

"I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation," he said. "I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand."

Sandmann, who said he has received death threats, strongly disputed characterizations that he is a racist, saying: "I am mortified that so many people have come to believe something that did not happen that students from my school were chanting or acting in a racist fashion toward African Americans or Native Americans."

"I did not do that, do not have hateful feelings in my heart, and did not witness any of my classmates doing that," he said, adding: "I have read that Mr. Phillips is a veteran of the United States Marines. I thank him for his service and am grateful to anyone who puts on the uniform to defend our nation. If anyone has earned the right to speak freely, it is a U.S. Marine veteran."
I believe him. I think we adults are projecting on to him and Phillips our own ideologies.

The kid was a good kid. The old man of course has the right to protest anything.

He should have better judgement than to wander into the middle of a group of kids provoking them. It's what he did. If he meant well, he carried it out wrongly.
Jack Bauer
When you get called out for a stupid tweet, deflect and claim it was an obvious joke (it wasn't)

bunation
Here are more results of how the Democratic Party is influencing their followers:

Surreal! Is this my beloved country?!
ValhallaBear
The brutality of the white boy smirk

wow just wow literally shaking
corncob pipe
hey Valhalla !!

go back to Europe !!!
ValhallaBear
corncob pipe said:

hey Valhalla !!

go back to Europe !!!
Jack Bauer
ValhallaBear said:

corncob pipe said:

hey Valhalla !!

go back to Europe !!!

Rich white male smirk!!!!!
corncob pipe
ValhallaBear
Jack Bauer said:

ValhallaBear said:

corncob pipe said:

hey Valhalla !!

go back to Europe !!!

Rich white male smirk!!!!!
At least we know who tommie won't be rooting for in 2 weeks

Forest Bueller
After reading that original article posted by Cinque and then seeing unbiased video of how this event actually went down, what a fraud the Newsmakers were on this incident.

Totally unreliable coverage of events.
IASIP Rocks
Those who know me know that I would never wear a MAGA hat. But, I have been wondering what the reaction would be if the roles were reversed. If a group of Native Americans were standing in a group waiting for a bus and a group of kids wearing MAGA hats walked up to them beating a drum and sang a chant and there was an iconic photo of a Native American smiling (smirking, whatever you want to call it) but not moving while a MAGA-hat wearer beat a drum in his face, what would the narrative be?

Would it be that the Native American was the bad guy, or the MAGA hat wearers were the bad guys for approaching and the Native American was a hero for not moving aside? I'd bet $1,000 on the latter.

Just makes me sad when anyone (black, white, Native American, Republican, Democrat, etc.) is treated differently at first blush, which I worry is what happened here. Of course, I wasn't there so I don't know the full story. (But that's kind of the point.)
Prairie_Bear
KingHendy said:

Figured this for awhile, became clear last week. My guess it is GolemIII. Reality is it is good for business as that person is responsible for lots of page hits (between all screen names) and subsequent page hits/replies by the adults who lack the self control to not respond and go down the same rabbit hole over and over again.

As for the topic, I don't understand how in today's age you can think this is a good idea to present yourself politically in this way. Yes he is a kid, but this isn't 2008 where all this technology and social media outrage is new. Due to technology, for the rest of his life he will have to answer to this via job interviews, relationships, social situations, etc. He may feel real strongly now about "X" and 10 years from now have a different viewpoint and continue to have to answer to this. Posting hard core religious or political views in public (and arguably "anonymously"[nothing is anonymous]) is not a wise business decision as it never goes away. I have to remind myself of this (not perfect) and I'm an adult thankfully this stuff wasn't around when I was younger. IMO, this kid's parents failed in educating him about this.
Forest Bueller
Hope the kid sues CNN for every dime he can get. He did nothing, and they originally presented him as the face of bigotry. CNN is scum.
LIB,MR BEARS
I just don't understand how this happened. I mean the press is so thorough and unbiased.
Waco1947
"The story is a Rorschach testtell me how you first reacted, and I can probably tell where you live, who you voted for in 2016, and your general take on a list of other issuesbut it shouldn't be. Take away the video and tell me why millions of people care so much about an obnoxious group of high-school students protesting legalized abortion and a small circle of American Indians protesting centuries of mistreatment who were briefly locked in a tense standoff. Take away Twitter and Facebook and explain why total strangers care so much about people they don't know in a confrontation they didn't witness. Why are we all so primed for outrage, and what if the thousands of words and countless hours spent on this had been directed toward something consequential?
If the Covington Catholic incident was a test, it's one I failedalong with most others."
The Atlantic
This event is a Rohrschach Test. We see what we want to see. I did. I was wrong
Waco1947 ,la
cinque
cinque said:

These Catholic schools are not making these kids aware of the totality of Catholic social teaching. Shame on them.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/20/686988268/video-of-kentucky-students-mocking-native-american-man-draws-outcry
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/19/us/teens-mock-native-elder-trnd/index.html
To my original point, Im concerned that these kids don't know more about the totality of Catholic social teaching, The OU SAE sat in four years of theology classes taught by Jesuits and still could not exercise the moral judgement to do the right thing in a challenging circumstance. Now these kids, fresh off a moral, crusade at the March for Life, could not find the obvious connection in respecting the unborn and an old Viet Nam vet praying in his own way.

Btw, any parent trying to rationalize the boorish, disrespectful behavior, should be ashamed of themselves and their kids.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Bruin
Forest Bueller said:

Hope the kid sues CNN for every dime he can get. He did nothing, and they originally presented him as the face of bigotry. CNN is scum.
Come on Forest, let's not throw scum under the bus by that association..
Canada2017
Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

I think you are right. We have to remember, this nut wandered unsolicited right into the middle of them. The kids were just minding their own business.

Fake news is real.

Fake news is not only real....it has an obvious mission.

To intimidate ANYONE who dares to express non leftist viewpoints .
cinque
Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

Fake news is real.

Do you think these kids really understand the harm done by building a wall, or were they just repeating something they heard adults say?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Jack Bauer
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

Fake news is real.

Do you think these kids really understand the harm done by building a wall, or were they just repeating something they heard adults say?
Do you have audio of them chanting "Build that wall!"? I think that is just more fake news.
Jack Bauer
Here is "conservative" Ana Navaro's take...

corncob pipe
Waco1947 said:

"The story is a Rorschach testtell me how you first reacted, and I can probably tell where you live, who you voted for in 2016, and your general take on a list of other issuesbut it shouldn't be. Take away the video and tell me why millions of people care so much about an obnoxious group of high-school students protesting legalized abortion and a small circle of American Indians protesting centuries of mistreatment who were briefly locked in a tense standoff. Take away Twitter and Facebook and explain why total strangers care so much about people they don't know in a confrontation they didn't witness. Why are we all so primed for outrage, and what if the thousands of words and countless hours spent on this had been directed toward something consequential?
If the Covington Catholic incident was a test, it's one I failedalong with most others."
The Atlantic
This event is a Rohrschach Test. We see what we want to see. I did. I was wrong

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.