Why is this little snot in the man's face?

23,310 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cinque
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Why did the Native American gentleman feel it necessary to get so close to the boy's face? Is invading personal space a sign of peace?

trey3216
There's also reports coming in that Mr. Phillips is not, in fact, a Vietnam Vet as he originally claimed. He joined the Marines at 17. He was born in 1955. Last Marines pulled out of Vietnam in 1971.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Osodecentx
Jinx 2 said:

Waco1947 said:

I feel sorry for the kid. Geez I don't know what I would have done.
Sandmann's statement was either written by his parents or by a lawyer they hired to represent him--probably the latter.

The incident started with yelling between two groups--the kids and the Hebrew Isralites. The HIs sound dangerous in the longer video I saw. Where were the chaparones who should have steered the kids somewhere safer?

Mr. Phillips thought he could diffuse the tension by singing his peace song and getting inbetween the 2 groups. One of the kids--Nick--wouldn't back off. A chaparone should have taken that opportunity to lead the group away.

What baffles me about this whole thing is how fast the right-wing media managed to turn this story into another example of white people being mistreated by the MSM. Mr. Phillips is a villain for singing and chanting to try to prevent violence and shouting? He didn't call names or shout at anyone. All he tried to do was diffuse the situation. IMO, nobody BUT Mr. Phillips looks good here.
CNN is walking back their story. See their website
Golem
Edmond Bear said:

Why did the Native American gentleman feel it necessary to get so close to the boy's face? Is invading personal space a sign of peace?

He was thirsty and thought the kid had hairspray.
Jack Bauer
Now Phillips considering the kids be EXPELLED from their school....

Quote:

Phillips said that Sandmann's response has changed his mind on how he views the incident and what he hopes the outcome will be.

"At first I wanted the teachers and chaperones to be reprimanded, some fired, for letting this happen," Phillips said. "For the students, I was against any expulsions, but now I have to revisit that."

Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

Now Phillips considering the kids be EXPELLED from their school....

Quote:

Phillips said that Sandmann's response has changed his mind on how he views the incident and what he hopes the outcome will be.

"At first I wanted the teachers and chaperones to be reprimanded, some fired, for letting this happen," Phillips said. "For the students, I was against any expulsions, but now I have to revisit that."

What an *******. Now all things are clear, this was just a cheap stunt.
Osodecentx
Parents say the diocese issued a statement about punishment for students 'up to and including expulsion'. This statement was issued without the facts.

It will be interesting to see how management reacts now.
Jack Bauer
How many Trump supporters have actually been attacked by minority groups? Did the MSM broadbrush an entire race/gender based on this incident.

Yet, this video of a SMIRK is supposed to embody everything wrong with white males?
Osodecentx
From CNN columnist:

It was such an easy sell -- images of white kids from Kentucky wearing Make America Great Again hats and antagonizing elderly Native Americans seemed like racism personified. Right?

Not so fast. For those who believe all President Trump supporters are just a bunch of racists, the initial videos that surfaced of a confrontation at the Lincoln Memorial last weekend served as kindling for a fire that's been burning since he was elected in November 8, 2016. Then the story got complicated.

I covered that 2016 election, from the numerous primary debates to that historic Tuesday night, and it's been my experience that a significant number of Donald Trump's supporters are racists. It has also been my experience that a significant number are not.

And while many liberals believe those ubiquitous red baseball caps are a modern-day white hood, the truth is they are not one and the same. The initial video clip of the Covington Catholic High School students -- in which a teenage boy faced off with a Native American elder at the Indigenous People's Rally -- was a Rorschach inkblot. The other clips that have since been released -- in which a group of black men, self-identified as Hebrew Israelites, are seen taunting not only the students but hurling racist slurs at participants of the Indigenous Peoples Rally -- is a reminder.

The decline in public libraries and the rise of tablets have made books less popular, but this age-old idiom still remains true: you can't judge a book by its cover.

That's not to suggest the high school students were all angels or that none of them harbor disappointing views about diversity. But the actions of the group of black men who identify as members of the Hebrew Israelites add depth to a story many thought was fairly easy to figure out.

And all because of a baseball cap.

Now teenage boys are reportedly getting death threats for being a part of something that it appears a bunch of angry adults started. I don't despise social media, but it certainly lends itself to a mob mentality very quickly. A white woman getting bent out of shape about black people barbecuing in a public park can quickly become a meme or hashtag thanks to Twitter. But she can also become a social pariah, which is why it's important to resist the urge to grab anything that looks like kindling and toss it on the anti-Trump flame.

Being a politically engaged electorate is not only important, it's the heartbeat of a healthy democracy. But there is a difference between simply being engaged and being informed. A voter can be as dumb as a doorknob and still be engaged. To be informed takes more than outrage, it takes time. At least more time than the seconds one needs to read a baseball cap.
[url=https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/opinions/march-for-life-maga-hat-teens-native-american-protest-morson/index.html][/url]
Doc Holliday
ValhallaBear
Doc Holliday said:

We are in hell
Doc Holliday
ValhallaBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

We are in hell
Wolves in sheep's clothing.
Everything is backwards.

The bible lays it out perfectly.
LIB,MR BEARS
Joe Waco said:

Looks like a lot of people are upset about what happened at a meaningless protest.

I'd suggest to everyone that is fired up over this to find a better way to occupy their time because

(1) who cares
(2) it doesn't matter anyways
My anger and frustration is directed at the press
Redbrickbear
KingHendy said:

Cinque I am slow clapping for you. You would make a great cartoon.
I'm convinced cinque is not a real person....he has to be some guy trolling us.

He is just too much the caricature of a mindless liberal bot. Looking for racists under the bed and ranging about Russians.
Doc Holliday
Redbrickbear said:

KingHendy said:

Cinque I am slow clapping for you. You would make a great cartoon.
I'm convinced cinque is not a real person....he has to be some guy trolling us.

He is just too much the caricature of a mindless liberal bot. Looking for racists under the bed and ranging about Russians.
I've thought this all along.
Redbrickbear
ValhallaBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

We are in hell
Whatever time line we are in now really sucks.

I wonder if we are in a Sci-Fi movie...and the fall of the Berlin wall threw us into another alternate hellish timeline.

GoneGirl
Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

Nick Sandmann's family hired a PR firm:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/01/21/covington-catholic-runswitch-pr-helped-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

I

So what ?

Oh wait.....forgot.....kid wore a MAGA hat so the rest of his life is forfeit.

Said life to be put under a relentless social media microscope and attacked.

Carry on.
The P.R. firm did what a good lawyer would have done: Help Nick Sandmann tell his story in a way that made him look good. That's called spin.

I don't think the videos--any of them--support his being scared or confused, as the statement suggests. It looks to me--emphasis on "to me" (this is a weird version of Rashomon)-- like he's showing off for his friends.

IMO, Nick behaved a little bit like a jerk. It wasn't his best moment. He didn't deserve death threats for it, but neither does he deserve to be hailed as a right-wing hero, which is what's now happening.

I wish a parent or school official would step forward and be more honest about this incident, but it appears that isn't going to happen because, if they do what I believe is the right thing and acknowledge Nick and the other students were part of the problem and not part of the solution, they're afraid of being attacked.

But promoting Nick Sandmann as a hero fosters the sort of entitlement that enables thoughtless abuse of poor, elderly and minority populations by adults who were taught to limit their empathy strictly to people like themselves.
Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/01/21/covington-catholic-runswitch-pr-helped-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

I

So what ?

Carry on.
The P.R. firm did what a good lawyer would have done: Help Nick Sandmann tell his story in a way that made him look good. That's called spin.

I don't think the videos--any of them--support his being scared or confused, as the statement suggests. It looks to me--emphasis on "to me" (this is a weird version of Rashomon)-- like he's showing off for his friends.

IMO, Nick behaved a little bit like a jerk. It wasn't his best moment. He didn't deserve death threats for it, but neither does he deserve to be hailed as a right-wing hero, which is what's now happening.

I wish a parent or school official would step forward and be more honest about this incident, but it appears that isn't going to happen because, if they do what I believe is the right thing and acknowledge Nick and the other students were part of the problem and not part of the solution, they're afraid of being attacked.

But promoting Nick Sandmann as a hero fosters the sort of entitlement that enables thoughtless abuse of poor, elderly and minority populations by adults who were taught to limit their empathy strictly to people like themselves.
corncob pipe
Joe Waco said:

Looks like a lot of people are upset about what happened at a meaningless protest.

I'd suggest to everyone that is fired up over this to find a better way to occupy their time because

(1) who cares
(2) it doesn't matter anyways
stfu you dusty ole cracker
ValhallaBear
Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

KYS you dishonest scumbag
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Jinx owns hyperbole.

Literally nobody is calling Nick Sandmann a HERO.
riflebear
Liberal's game gets so old.

Paint conservatives as racists, I can't believe all the hate and racism towards Trump on MLK day. He's done more for minorities than the last 3 president's combined. He is NOT a racist but let the Democrats & Media push the narrative and before you know it they'll burn this place down. It's getting ugly out there and it's only starting. Making the MAGA hat into a racist symbol is Democrat politics 101. It's sickening and the fact that people are falling for it is embarrassing.

Hate the man, hate his policies, hate his face hate his hair hate the way he talks hate that he's a billionaire, I don't care. But HE IS NOT a racist.
ValhallaBear
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Jinx owns hyperbole.

I am. A 16 year old getting death threats and his school having to close because of the left's hatred of Trump is a HERO in any sense of the word.
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Jinx owns hyperbole.

Just another example where a situation is not what it was originally reported to be and someone (Jinx) can't let it go because they desperately want to use the situation to reinforce their agenda.
Jack Bauer
By the way, WaPo just confirmed that "Vietnam Veteran" Nathan Philips was never deployed to Vietnam...but that SMIRK!!!!!
ValhallaBear
Jack Bauer said:

By the way, WaPo just confirmed that "Vietnam Veteran" Nathan Philips was never deployed to Vietnam...but that SMIRK!!!!!
Rorschach Test:

We all see being 'deployed to Vietnam' in a different context
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Do you read your posts before you hit "post?" You are actually blaming teenagers instead of grown adults saying homophobic and racial slurs at them. You are actually blaming teenage boys for standing there and singing, etc instead of the lying man who walked up to them beating a drum...who now has changed his story several times.

Those boys did absolutely nothing wrong, except behave like teenage boys. You have become and promote a society that is quick to judge, quick to be offended, and full of hate for anyone you don't agree with.

You, ma'am, are an idiot.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
FormerFlash
ValhallaBear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Rorschach Test:

We all see being 'deployed to Vietnam' in a different context
Maybe he just identifies as a Vietnam War veteran. That's plausible on the left now, right? Who are we to tell him he isn't a Vietnam War veteran trapped inside a non-veterans body?

Nothing is out of bounds at this point.
Sic Everyone.
Jack Bauer
Nathan Philips said this yesterday:

"I"m a Vietnam-times veteran and I know that mentality of 'There's enough of us. We can do this.'"
riflebear
Anyone surprised. Problem with liberal media is they aren't held accountable. They can lie push fake stories w/ no consequences. If a conservative (FoxNews) did this they would lose advertisers be condemned across all media channels for weeks.

GoneGirl
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Do you read your posts before you hit "post?" You are actually blaming teenagers instead of grown adults saying homophobic and racial slurs at them. You are actually blaming teenage boys for standing there and singing, etc instead of the lying man who walked up to them beating a drum...who now has changed his story several times.

Those boys did absolutely nothing wrong, except behave like teenage boys. You have become and promote a society that is quick to judge, quick to be offended, and full of hate for anyone you don't agree with.

We try teenagers as adults on some charges and even give them the death penalty in this country. Expecting teens, especially kids who go to a Catholic school where respecting your elders and being polite even when others are not are probably values taught (they were at the Catholic school my daugthers attended) to behave better than they did is entirely reasonable.

Given the kids' use of phones to videotape and take photos, as a parent whose child was involved in this sorry, over-covered little incident, I'd confiscate the phone, and the kid wouldn't get another until he could pay for the device and the plan. And I'd help him find some public service projects dealing with both minority communities, since the Hebrew Isrealites are no more representative of the black community as a whole than incels are represntative of young men in general, or conservative men on this site who tell people to STFU or make crude sexual innuendos are representative of typical Christians.
riflebear
Liberals in Hollywood are so desperate. So now they research these kid's past?

Holding up a 3pt signal after your teammate now means you're a nazi? What is wrong w/ liberals?

Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

We try teenagers as adults on some charges and even give them the death penalty in this country. Expecting teens, especially kids who go to a Catholic school where respecting your elders and being polite even when others are not are probably values taught (they were at the Catholic school my daugthers attended) to behave better than they did is entirely reasonable.

Given the kids' use of phones to videotape and take photos, as a parent whose child was involved in this sorry, over-covered little incident, I'd confiscate the phone, and the kid wouldn't get another until he could pay for the device and the plan. And I'd help him find some public service projects dealing with both minority communities, since the Hebrew Isrealites are no more representative of the black community as a whole than incels are represntative of young men in general, or conservative men on this site who tell people to STFU or make crude sexual innuendos are representative of typical Christians.
As you and your classmates are waiting to get picked up to go home, some black people are calling you ****** and a cracker while an elderly native american man approaches you and begins to repeatedly bang on a drum he's holding close to your face for an extended period of time. So you just stand there not saying anything or making any gestures of any kind so as not to escalate the situation in any way and you decide to just smile a little to ease the tension and awkwardness of the encounter.

But nevertheless, footage of the incident makes its rounds on the mainstream media circuit and you end up getting almost as much coverage as 9/11 did and within a few hours you become the face of white supremacy and people around the world including journalists and Hollywood personalities are calling for you to be doxxed, physically injured and even killed and the school board is considering expelling you.

...and you think these kids are the disrespectful ones, plus you tie this whole situation to Hebrew Israelites?

Jesus Christ.
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

As you and your classmates are waiting to get picked up to go home, some black people are calling you ****** and a cracker while an elderly native american man approaches you and begins to repeatedly bang on a drum he's holding close to your face for an extended period of time. So you just stand there not saying anything or making any gestures of any kind so as not to escalate the situation in any way and you decide to just smile a little to ease the tension and awkwardness of the encounter.

But nevertheless, footage of the incident makes its rounds on the mainstream media circuit and you end up getting almost as much coverage as 9/11 did and within a few hours you become the face of white supremacy and people around the world including journalists and Hollywood personalities are calling for you to be doxxed, physically injured and even killed and the school board is considering expelling you.

...and you think these kids are the disrespectful ones, plus you tie this whole situation to Hebrew Israelites?

Jesus Christ.
Apparently you don't understand that the Hebrew Israelites caused the whole incident by calling the Catholic boys ugly names.
riflebear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

These Catholic schools are not making these kids aware of the totality of Catholic social teaching. Shame on them.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/20/686988268/video-of-kentucky-students-mocking-native-american-man-draws-outcry
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/19/us/teens-mock-native-elder-trnd/index.html
How many times must you fail with your posts? This was a setup. You want to see racism so bad.

What does this have to do with with Mr. Phillips?
Well if you did your homework, everything. These innocent kids wanting to see our nation's capital and all its monuments were exposed to the deep hatred of the left. They literally did nothing and heard this deep racist hatred towards them and calling them future school shooters, for what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.