Why is this little snot in the man's face?

23,303 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cinque
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exactly WHAT actions were these groups of teenagers supposed to take to appease Jinx?

They were sitting together waiting for a bus as an extremist group repeatedly called them vulgar names. Then an old man walks up to THEM banging a drum and chanting. They had no idea what he was doing and why should they? They were singing school songs minding their own business and this old man intrudes in their space. They never touched him, insulted him, threatened him. They literally had no idea what he was doing.
ValhallaBear
Jack Bauer said:

Exactly WHAT actions were these groups of teenagers supposed to take to appease Jinx?
Not wear MAGA hats
Not white boy smirk
trey3216
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

Nick Sandmann's family hired a PR firm:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/01/21/covington-catholic-runswitch-pr-helped-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

I

So what ?

Oh wait.....forgot.....kid wore a MAGA hat so the rest of his life is forfeit.

Said life to be put under a relentless social media microscope and attacked.

Carry on.
The P.R. firm did what a good lawyer would have done: Help Nick Sandmann tell his story in a way that made him look good. That's called spin.

I don't think the videos--any of them--support his being scared or confused, as the statement suggests. It looks to me--emphasis on "to me" (this is a weird version of Rashomon)-- like he's showing off for his friends.

IMO, Nick behaved a little bit like a jerk. It wasn't his best moment. He didn't deserve death threats for it, but neither does he deserve to be hailed as a right-wing hero, which is what's now happening.

I wish a parent or school official would step forward and be more honest about this incident, but it appears that isn't going to happen because, if they do what I believe is the right thing and acknowledge Nick and the other students were part of the problem and not part of the solution, they're afraid of being attacked.

But promoting Nick Sandmann as a hero fosters the sort of entitlement that enables thoughtless abuse of poor, elderly and minority populations by adults who were taught to limit their empathy strictly to people like themselves.
Do you read your posts before you hit "post?" You are actually blaming teenagers instead of grown adults saying homophobic and racial slurs at them. You are actually blaming teenage boys for standing there and singing, etc instead of the lying man who walked up to them beating a drum...who now has changed his story several times.

Those boys did absolutely nothing wrong, except behave like teenage boys. You have become and promote a society that is quick to judge, quick to be offended, and full of hate for anyone you don't agree with.

You, ma'am, are an idiot.
Behaving like teenage boys is offensive. Some might say, toxic
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
riflebear
At least Joy is honest but look at everyone laugh about it. They don't care if they ruin kids lives and their families. They don't care that they receive death threats. If it hurts Trump it's worth it. Pathetic the mind of a radical liberal these days.

Edmond Bear
Jinx 2 said:

The P.R. firm did what a good lawyer would have done: Help Nick Sandmann tell his story in a way that made him look good. That's called spin.

I don't think the videos--any of them--support his being scared or confused, as the statement suggests. It looks to me--emphasis on "to me" (this is a weird version of Rashomon)-- like he's showing off for his friends.

IMO, Nick behaved a little bit like a jerk. It wasn't his best moment. He didn't deserve death threats for it, but neither does he deserve to be hailed as a right-wing hero, which is what's now happening.

So, what action did Nick take that would make him a jerk? Just smirk? Is there something...anything else?

Golem
Evil leftists are evil. Full stop. They aren't interested in truth.
Doc Holliday
Catholic students, a Native American and Racist black Isrealites walk into a bar...
Forest Bueller
Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/01/21/covington-catholic-runswitch-pr-helped-student-in-controversial-video/2638400002/

I

So what ?

Carry on.

I wish a parent or school official would step forward and be more honest about this incident, but it appears that isn't going to happen because, if they do what I believe is the right thing and acknowledge Nick and the other students were part of the problem and not part of the solution, they're afraid of being attacked.

But promoting Nick Sandmann as a hero fosters the sort of entitlement that enables thoughtless abuse of poor, elderly and minority populations by adults who were taught to limit their empathy strictly to people like themselves.
Nick is not a hero.

He is an average kid that did absolutely nothing wrong, except be forced to listen to some crazy old man approach him and bang a drum in his ear for way too long.

You've lost it on this one.
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Do you read your posts before you hit "post?" You are actually blaming teenagers instead of grown adults saying homophobic and racial slurs at them. You are actually blaming teenage boys for standing there and singing, etc instead of the lying man who walked up to them beating a drum...who now has changed his story several times.

Those boys did absolutely nothing wrong, except behave like teenage boys. You have become and promote a society that is quick to judge, quick to be offended, and full of hate for anyone you don't agree with.

We try teenagers as adults on some charges and even give them the death penalty in this country. Expecting teens, especially kids who go to a Catholic school where respecting your elders and being polite even when others are not are probably values taught (they were at the Catholic school my daugthers attended) to behave better than they did is entirely reasonable.

Given the kids' use of phones to videotape and take photos, as a parent whose child was involved in this sorry, over-covered little incident, I'd confiscate the phone, and the kid wouldn't get another until he could pay for the device and the plan. And I'd help him find some public service projects dealing with both minority communities, since the Hebrew Isrealites are no more representative of the black community as a whole than incels are represntative of young men in general, or conservative men on this site who tell people to STFU or make crude sexual innuendos are representative of typical Christians.
These kids DID NOT commit a crime. Do you have any sense at all or are you just full of hate for Trump that you spew this crap out?!? They were not misbehaving. If your read/listen to what they said, they thought that they guy was coming to up join their chanting and signing with his drum. I've watched the video numerous times and have yet to find anything those KIDS did wrong. Funny how you find no fault with the adults in this video. You seemingly excuse the Black Hebrews for calling the kids ***g**ts, Nigg**s, and calling out teh black catholic kid. Why are you bringing up who people represent? This is about grown adults hurling insults and teenagers and a Native American man lying about what happened.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Osodecentx
Forest Bueller said:

Nick is not a hero.
Not a hero, but a victim
fadskier
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42509/walsh-nathan-phillips-bully-matt-walsh
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
corncob pipe
enjoy

Forest Bueller
Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller said:

Nick is not a hero.
Not a hero, but a victim

No doubt about that.
Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

We try teenagers as adults on some charges and even give them the death penalty in this country. Expecting teens, especially kids who go to a Catholic school where respecting your elders and being polite even when others are not are probably values taught (they were at the Catholic school my daugthers attended) to behave better than they did is entirely reasonable.

Given the kids' use of phones to videotape and take photos, as a parent whose child was involved in this sorry, over-covered little incident, I'd confiscate the phone, and the kid wouldn't get another until he could pay for the device and the plan. And I'd help him find some public service projects dealing with both minority communities, since the Hebrew Isrealites are no more representative of the black community as a whole than incels are represntative of young men in general, or conservative men on this site who tell people to STFU or make crude sexual innuendos are representative of typical Christians.
These kids DID NOT commit a crime. Do you have any sense at all or are you just full of hate for Trump that you spew this crap out?!? They were not misbehaving. If your read/listen to what they said, they thought that they guy was coming to up join their chanting and signing with his drum. I've watched the video numerous times and have yet to find anything those KIDS did wrong. Funny how you find no fault with the adults in this video. You seemingly excuse the Black Hebrews for calling the kids ***g**ts, Nigg**s, and calling out teh black catholic kid. Why are you bringing up who people represent? This is about grown adults hurling insults and teenagers and a Native American man lying about what happened.
You're seeing a person in real time who DESIRES America to be racist and fascist so they can use it for their own screwed up political agenda.

This is what people rely on when their political toolbox is missing an actual argument.
corncob pipe
Canada2017
Jack Bauer said:

die ....leaving their assets to BLM
GoneGirl
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

You haven't read my posts if you think I excuse the Hebrew Israelites. They were clearly the agitators--and I'd have considered them a danger if I'd been chaparoning those boys and hustled the kids away from them ASAP. They were also grown-ups, so they don't have the excuse of youth for their behavior, their crude comments, and the things they yelled at the boys.

The boys responded predictably, but not admirably. They weren't, as someone suggested, just sitting there waiting for the bus. They responded like typical teenage boys. Is "Turn the other cheek" still considered a Christian virtue? How about "A soft answer turneth away wrath." Old Testament, but a valid strategy in dangerous situations like this.

Nathan Phillips intervened, and I honestly think he was well-intentioned--try to get between the kids and the Hebrew Israelites, who represented the real danger.

I don't think Nick Sandmann understood what Phillips was trying to do, but his behavior strikes me as rude.

it's interesting how people on the right criticize him for beating a drum and singing a chant--not exactly aggressive conduct, given the name-calling that was going on. Weird, yes, but certainly not criminal or aggressive.

These videos are like Rashomon--everybody seems to see something different.

And no, I don't like Trump, but this had nothing to do with him, other than that several boys were wearing MAGA hats, which probably attracted the attention of the Hebrews Israelites. Trump might also be one reason why we can't have a civil conversation about what's acceptable and what's not in terms of public behavior without it devolving into screaming at each other.

But I'm not screaming, nor have I attacked you personally because we disagree about whether these boys deserve some censure for their part in this sorry little scene.
Golem
corncob pipe said:

So unbelievably true.
Edmond Bear
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

You haven't read my posts if you think I excuse the Hebrew Israelites. They were clearly the agitators--and I'd have considered them a danger if I'd been chaparoning those boys and hustled the kids away from them ASAP. They were also grown-ups, so they don't have the excuse of youth for their behavior, their crude comments, and the things they yelled at the boys.

The boys responded predictably, but not admirably. They weren't, as someone suggested, just sitting there waiting for the bus. They responded like typical teenage boys. Is "Turn the other cheek" still considered a Christian virtue? How about "A soft answer turneth away wrath." Old Testament, but a valid strategy in dangerous situations like this.

Nathan Phillips intervened, and I honestly think he was well-intentioned--try to get between the kids and the Hebrew Israelites, who represented the real danger.

I don't think Nick Sandmann understood what Phillips was trying to do, but his behavior strikes me as rude.

it's interesting how people on the right criticize him for beating a drum and singing a chant--not exactly aggressive conduct, given the name-calling that was going on. Weird, yes, but certainly not criminal or aggressive.

And no, I don't like Trump, but this had nothing to do with him, other than that several boys were wearing MAGA hats, which probably attracted the attention of the Hebrews Israelites. Trump might also be one reason why we can't have a civil conversation about what's acceptable and what's not in terms of public behavior without it devolving into screaming at each other.

But I'm not screaming, nor have I attacked you personally because we disagree about whether these boys deserve some censure for their part in this sorry little scene.

So, what about Nick's behavior was rude?

And, Phillips walked close enough to Nick to stand toe to toe with him. You don't think this is aggressive?
Forest Bueller

Quote:

Okay, you think, maybe the man was just having a bad day. His behavior on Saturday was certainly bizarre, dishonest, and manipulative, but perhaps he'll think better of it in the morning. Not so much. While his lies result in death threats and bomb scares, and these kids now live in fear of physical reprisals, and their school can't even hold classes because of the hysteria he created, Phillips has only doubled and tripled down on his original slander. In various interviews (the man can't get enough of the spotlight), he has called the boys a "lynch mob" and "beasts" and "beastly" and "scary." He accused them of "looking for their pound of flesh." I remind you, these boys and their families are getting death threats. Nathan Phillips, the wise elder, just continues to pour gasoline on the fire.

The media tells us that Phillips is just a kind old man who wants peace and understanding and harmony. Well, he has a funny way of showing it. Originally he turned down an offer to sit and break bread with the Covington students. Now he says he'll come, but only to lecture the students and their parents about cultural appropriation. Meanwhile, he thinks the kids should possibly be expelled. He also wants various staff and administrators fired.

And then the cherry on the sundae: Phillips says that the Black Israelites were "saying some harsh things but some of it was true." Which parts were true, Mr. Phillips? The parts where they called Native Americans "totem pole worshipers"? Or where they shouted "f*ggot"? Or where they called a black student at the school a "coon"? Or where they called the children "incest babies" and "future school shooters"? Nathan Phillips has taken the side of avowed racists who verbally assaulted a bunch of kids. Whatever credibility he had is now gone. Considering he had none at all, his credibility account has hit negative. He's racking up overdraft penalties as we speak.

The media has canonized some absurdly unworthy characters in the past. This may be the most glaring example yet. Nathan Phillips is no hero. He is a bully.

The Native American was not there for peace. He is an actor more than anything. Should have just stayed out of it. He wasn't there to protect anybody.
GoneGirl
Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

And, Phillips walked close enough to Nick to stand toe to toe with him. You don't think this is aggressive?

I think Phillips was trying to herd the boys away from the Hebrew Israelites to de-escalate--and also get between the boys and the HIs--a good idea, IMO, and not something for which he deserves criticism.

I don't think Nick understood what Phillips was doing. But the polite thing for Nick to do would have been to give way. The situation would have de-escalated. It didn't help that Nick's classmates can clearly be seen yelling, laughing and egging him on. So I also think he was showing off for his buddies.

None of this should be national news. And it wouldn't be, if chaparones had done their jobs and gotten some distance between those kids and the Hebrew Israelites. For the kids' safety.
Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

I think Phillips was trying to herd the boys away from the Hebrew Israelites to de-escalate--and also get between the boys and the HIs--a good idea, IMO, and not something for which he deserves criticism.

I don't think Nick understand what he was doing. But the polite thing for Nick to do would have been to give way. The situation would have de-escalated. It didn't help that Nick's classmates can clearly be seen yelling, laughing and egging him on. So I also think he was showing off for his buddies.

None of this should be national news. And it wouldn't be, if chaparones had done their jobs and gotten some distance between those kids and the Hebrew Israelites. For the kids' safety.
You want these kids to be horrible racists and they aren't. This disappoints you because you can't use it to fuel your political agenda.

The people on this board are too smart not to see through this.

You might be able to vitiate public opinion with your feelings and gross characterizations of people...but it won't work here.
Jack Bauer
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

What exactly did these boys do that was disrespectful? They decided to sing school songs to drown out the vulgar comments from the hate group. When Philips approached with a drum, they thought he was JOINING them in their songs...then he kept going without saying a word and nobody knew what his intentions were.

Again, please tell me what these boys were supposed to do?

If I walked up to a group of teens in DC for a field trip and began chanting, what exactly is the appropriate response?
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

I don't think Nick understand what he was doing. But the polite thing for Nick to do would have been to give way. The situation would have de-escalated. It didn't help that Nick's classmates can clearly be seen yelling, laughing and egging him on. So I also think he was showing off for his buddies.

You want these kids to be horrible racists and they aren't. This disappoints you because you can't use it to fuel your political agenda.

Move on.
Indeed, I don't. I want them to have adult supervision when they are being cursed at by a group of grown men.
GoneGirl
Jack Bauer said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

What exactly did these boys do that was disrespectful? They decided to sing school songs to drown out the vulgar comments from the hate group. When Philips approached with a drum, they thought he was JOINING them in their songs...then he kept going without saying a word and nobody knew what his intentions were.

If I walked up to a group of teens in DC for a field trip and began chanting, what exactly is the appropriate response?
Engaging in a shouting contest with the Hebrew Israelites was colossally dumb.

The way Nick reacted to Nathan Phillips was disrespectful.

The appropriate response was to walk away as a group.
Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Move on.
Indeed, I don't. I want them to have adult supervision when they are being cursed at by a group of grown men.
You wrote the following:

Quote:

Mr. Phillips thought he could diffuse the tension by singing his peace song and getting in between the 2 groups
This is not what happened. He got in their faces and banged a drum loudly to piss them off because he didn't like what they're wearing on their heads.

You need to understand what actually happened first before you jump to conclusions.
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Move on.
You wrote the following:

Quote:

Mr. Phillips thought he could diffuse the tension by singing his peace song and getting in between the 2 groups
This is not what happened. He got in their faces and banged a drum loudly to piss them off because he didn't like what they're wearing on their heads.

You need to understand what actually happened first before you jump to conclusions.
That's what you think happened.

I think Nathan Phillips got between the boys and the Hebrew Israelites intending to calm things down. It didn't work, in part because Nick wouldn't back off.
Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Move on.
You wrote the following:

Quote:

I think Nathan Phillips got between the boys and the Hebrew Israelites intending to calm things down. It didn't work, in part because Nick wouldn't back off.
Is that why he was banging the drum right by the kids ear?
Jack Bauer
Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Move on.
You wrote the following:

Quote:

"Back off"? This wasn't a stare down contest. There was a group of at least 200 kids together on the steps. Philips walked up to THEM, banging a drum right in their face with no explanation. Did you want a group of 200 kids to part the Red Sea for him, walk 1 mile down the street, give him hugs? They only thing they were doing was singing, jumping and taking pics. They had no idea what Philips was doing but they did not mock him or threaten him.
Forest Bueller
Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Move on.
You wrote the following:

Quote:

Is that why he was banging the drum right by the kids ear?

She won't drop her false agenda that the kid bowed up to the man. That is simply falsehood, the man got up into the kid by getting in his face and beating a drum in his ear. Again, they "natives" were not there for peace.
Jack Bauer
Nathan Phillips: totally false observations.

"It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didn't like the color of their skin."

"here are American youth who are ready to, look like, lynch these guys. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them."

"I felt like I denied them their prey. I felt like I denied them their prey and so they were going to take it out on me."

"I'm the one whose all that anger and all that wanting to have the freedom to just rip me apart, that was scary."
Edmond Bear
Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

I don't think Nick understood what Phillips was doing. But the polite thing for Nick to do would have been to give way. The situation would have de-escalated. It didn't help that Nick's classmates can clearly be seen yelling, laughing and egging him on. So I also think he was showing off for his buddies.

Phillips was being aggressive by walking so close to Nick while banging a drum, even standing toe to toe and then staring Nick in the eyes. This is not the sign of someone who is just trying to herd the boys away. If your assertion was true, Phillips would have explained his action. If he was doing as you say, Phillips would say, 'Boys, this is not the best place to be. Why don't we move away." Instead, he was aggressive.

You can read Phillips own words that show he was trying to intimidate Nick.

Jinx, when you try to stretch yourself so far in defense of Phillips, it hurts every other cause you try to defend. People lose any faith they might have in you when they learn they cannot trust you.

Golem
Jack Bauer said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Move on.
You wrote the following:

Quote:

"Back off"? This wasn't a stare down contest. There was a group of at least 200 kids together on the steps. Philips walked up to THEM, banging a drum right in their face with no explanation. Did you want a group of 200 kids to part the Red Sea for him, walk 1 mile down the street, give him hugs? They only thing they were doing was singing, jumping and taking pics. They had no idea what Philips was doing but they did not mock him or threaten him.

Jinx is a leftist piece of dog s#|t lunatic. She will blame a random white male for 'blackmail' just to convince herself she isn't racist toward criminals. Don't expect logic or reason from her. She actively attacks logic and reason. She just wants to virtue signal.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry
Jinx 2 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

I

So what ?

Carry on.

Engaging in a shouting contest with the Hebrew Israelites was colossally dumb.

The way Nick reacted to Nathan Phillips was disrespectful.

The appropriate response was to walk away as a group.
It would have been difficult to walk away as they were waiting for a bus. Phillips and several other Native American activists approached as a group, with Phillips banging the drum and another man yelling "white people go back to Europe, you don't belong here." They were there to confront. When one of the other students started arguing, Sandmann actually gestured to silence him. If anyone was trying to de-escalate, it appears to have been Sandmann.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.