Cohen to tell all in Open Session

27,728 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by drahthaar
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
corncob pipe said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

pruritus_ani said:

Jeezus, is this really all that difficult? Cohen has a severe credibility problem. Find out who can corroborate or deny what he says. Put those people under oath and ask the questions. That's a big part of what AOC was asking, and she did it well.

No evidence against Trump? That might be the dumbest thing ever posted here ... and we have FlorMike, so that's a real accomplishment.
Yes, no evidence.

Rumors and gossip don't count.

***In before quash claims accusations are evidence
and 30 corroborations or 60... I forget which
Imagination does not count as evidence.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ValhallaBear
corncob pipe said:

GolemIII said:

Oldbear83 said:

pruritus_ani said:

Jeezus, is this really all that difficult? Cohen has a severe credibility problem. Find out who can corroborate or deny what he says. Put those people under oath and ask the questions. That's a big part of what AOC was asking, and she did it well.

No evidence against Trump? That might be the dumbest thing ever posted here ... and we have FlorMike, so that's a real accomplishment.
Yes, no evidence.

Rumors and gossip don't count.

***In before quash claims accusations are evidence
and 30 corroborations or 60... I forget which
That mainly depends on who is being accused
Waco1947
Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray: "Does it not bother you at all that the President of the United States had to depend on a guy like Cohen?"

You should take a closer look at the associates and colleagues of Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, even Ronald Reagan. Most people who have great power and influence attract a range of people, not all ethical. Cohen is no worse than, say, Rahm Emmanuel or Jim Guy Tucker, and like those men, Cohen's crimes may be embarrassing to Trump the way Emmanuel/Tucker were to Obama/Clinton, but does not prove that the President is in any way guilty of any crime.

Trump, like all people, has strengths and weaknesses, and some are both. When someone appears to be good at what they do, this gains Trump's approval and respect, and Trump knew Cohen from his results. There is no reason to believe Trump knew about Cohen's personal behavior regarding his taxes and investment schemes, and ultimately those are what brought Cohen down.

I don't blame Clinton for what Tucker did, and Jim Guy Tucker went to prison for Whitewater. I think anyone trying to use Cohen to smear Trump is being dishonest and foolish for the same reason people trying to smear Clinton with Tucker were wrong.

Tucker was Clinton's rival for the whole of his political career. I am not aware of anything Rahm Emanuel has done that is illegal. So those are pretty apples to oranges comparisons.

I know Jim Guy. He was a fall guy not unethical.
Waco1947
Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray: "Does it not bother you at all that the President of the United States had to depend on a guy like Cohen?"

You should take a closer look at the associates and colleagues of Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, even Ronald Reagan. Most people who have great power and influence attract a range of people, not all ethical. Cohen is no worse than, say, Rahm Emmanuel or Jim Guy Tucker, and like those men, Cohen's crimes may be embarrassing to Trump the way Emmanuel/Tucker were to Obama/Clinton, but does not prove that the President is in any way guilty of any crime.

Trump, like all people, has strengths and weaknesses, and some are both. When someone appears to be good at what they do, this gains Trump's approval and respect, and Trump knew Cohen from his results. There is no reason to believe Trump knew about Cohen's personal behavior regarding his taxes and investment schemes, and ultimately those are what brought Cohen down.

I don't blame Clinton for what Tucker did, and Jim Guy Tucker went to prison for Whitewater. I think anyone trying to use Cohen to smear Trump is being dishonest and foolish for the same reason people trying to smear Clinton with Tucker were wrong.

Tucker was Clinton's rival for the whole of his political career. I am not aware of anything Rahm Emanuel has done that is illegal. So those are pretty apples to oranges comparisons.
Bias can make someone think so.
If I am wrong about that, just type out the facts that show I am wrong. You never, ever do that. I think I know why.

Oldbear "Facts? I have none. But I have great accusations and assertions."
Waco1947
You can compare misdirect all you want about HRC or Obama but nothing as damaging as Cohen.
Cohen told the truth, but you guys simply don't like his truth.
John Dean = Michael Cohen
ATL Bear
Add a Special Prosecutor with wide ranging authority to the mix with Obama and/or HRC, and you'd have similar discoveries and tainted characters like Cohen in all their associations.

I'm sure our Democracy is now safer from Russian collusion after this 2 year **** show of dirt digging and mud slinging. Hooray America!.....

Jack and DP
Waco1947 said:

You can compare misdirect all you want about HRC or Obama but nothing as damaging as Cohen.

I don't think Cohen has any idea what the truth is about anything. Can you prove otherwise?
Waco1947
Jack and DP said:

Waco1947 said:

I don't think Cohen has any idea what the truth is about anything. Can you prove otherwise?

I think Cohen knows for a fact that T said, "Blacks will not vote for me. They are too stupid."
That's truth.
corncob pipe
Jack and DP
Waco1947 said:

Jack and DP said:

Waco1947 said:

I think Cohen knows for a fact that T said, "Blacks will not vote for me. They are too stupid."
That's truth.

Truth? Based on "I think?"
Waco1947
Jack and DP said:

Waco1947 said:

Jack and DP said:

Waco1947 said:

That's truth.

Truth? Based on "I think?"
why... yes, yes it is. Birtherism has already confirmed T's racism. This anecdote helps confirm it.
Waco1947 ,la
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Waco thought bubble: "Facts? I have none. But I have great accusations and assertions."
Corrected for accuracy.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco thought bubble: "Facts? I have none. But I have great accusations and assertions."
Corrected for accuracy.
Corrected by lying
Waco1947 ,la
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Most fall guys for the Clintons "fall" to the bottom of a ravine.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Corrected for accuracy.
Corrected by lying
Yes, you have been lying, Waco, but I put that down to your dismal hatred of our duly-elected and surprisingly effective President.
Waco1947
whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Most fall guys for the Clintons "fall" to the bottom of a ravine.
Whitetrash, your bias is showing and it is a biased nurtured and pounded into us by the GOP.
He was not a fall guy for the Clintons, but a fall guy for the GOP. The GOP had to find someone. Unfortunately Jim Guy was the guy the GOP chose.
Waco1947 ,la
Oldbear83
Waco: "Whiteyrash"

I see you've moved from dishonest to puerile, Waco.
Buddha Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

You can't believe it all. But I can't help but believe some of it.

.... and that is why the Democrats had Cohen show up.

There is no evidence against President Trump.

None.

And the Democrats know that impeaching Trump will do no good, because there is zero chance the Senate would convict the President.

So, they fall back on innuendo and sliming him. Cohen is perfect for that. You don't have to believe everything or even most, but if any of his accusations are believed, even without a shred of proof to back them up, the Democrats have smeared Trump and that's the goal.

I guess you mean evidence of collusion? You are right if so. Even Cohen wouldn't go there. But I believe a lot of what Cohen said, and some of it is sad. Trumps lack of confidence in Don Jr.... Cohen remorseful for lying to Melania about the affair and payments. Cohen directed to suppress Trumps college grades.

For me it just confirms my opinion of Trump. He's always been shady, and not someone I'd ever like to know. He's treated a lot of people badly in his lifetime.
cinque
Democrats should be focused on legislating and investigation. They should let impeachment come to them.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Oldbear83
Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

None.

And the Democrats know that impeaching Trump will do no good, because there is zero chance the Senate would convict the President.

So, they fall back on innuendo and sliming him. Cohen is perfect for that. You don't have to believe everything or even most, but if any of his accusations are believed, even without a shred of proof to back them up, the Democrats have smeared Trump and that's the goal.

I guess you mean evidence of collusion? You are right if so. Even Cohen wouldn't go there. But I believe a lot of what Cohen said, and some of it is sad. Trumps lack of confidence in Don Jr.... Cohen remorseful for lying to Melania about the affair and payments. Cohen directed to suppress Trumps college grades.

For me it just confirms my opinion of Trump. He's always been shady, and not someone I'd ever like to know. He's treated a lot of people badly in his lifetime.
Again, you are completely relying on a convicted liar known to be dishonest, selfish beyond reason and with motive to slander Trump as much as he can.

If Cohen told me the Earth orbited the Sun, I'd have doubts.

Aliceinbubbleland
cinque said:

Democrats should be focused on legislating and investigation. They should let impeachment come to them.
Democrats should be focused on giving rights back to individuals rather than telling individuals what is best for them (AOC, Warren, Harris and the rest of their confiscatory elk.).

Why do any of your Democrats believe the Government can do better than private enterprise? Obamacare was the biggest set back for individual freedom since Social Security.
contrario
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

This hearing makes me want to take a bath--and it's more the grandstanding by the likes of the viciously stupid Jim Jordan than the perfidy and years of complicity Cohen is now confessing.
And just how is Rep Jordan stupid? I'll give you viciously attacking because he was correct in his opening statement. You didn't have any problem with the stupid Chairman denying Jordan's request to follow the rules set forth by the very House that dumb ass Chairman presides over today?

Maryland just surpassed New Jersey and Chicago as political sleaze capital.
"Ardent climate change denier." All of those guys are stupid.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/jim-jordan-michael-cohen-congress-800948/

Rep. Jim Jordan (R.-Ohio) is many things: an ardent climate change denier, a fierce opponent of reproductive rights, an advocate for "traditional" marriage and a staunch defender of the President's right to straight-up lie to the American people. He is also alleged to be something else: an ignorer of rampant campus sexual abuse, per 2018 reports that Jordan turned a blind eye to Ohio State University wrestlers' allegations against a team doctor during his time as an assistant coach at OSU. (In 2018, Ohio State hired a law firm to conduct an ongoing investigation into the claims; the investigation is "nearing its conclusion," per the campus newspaper the Ohio State University Lantern.)

...On social media, many people found Jordan's behavior galling, particularly in light of allegations that Jordan, who served as assistant wrestling coach to the OSU wrestling team from 1987 to 1995, had turned a blind eye to sexual abuse allegations against team doctor Dr. Richard Strauss.

Strauss is alleged to have had abused more than 1,000 student athletes in 15 varsity sports during his tenure at the university. (He took his own life in 2005.) Many of Strauss's victims have accused Jordan of having prior knowledge of Strauss' history of abuse, explicitly naming Jordan in a class-action lawsuit filed last July in U.S. District Court in Ohio against Ohio State University.

So basically, anyone who doesn't agree with you? Does Jim Jordan prevent women from getting pregnant? Reproductive rights? How can anyone in this day and age get away with telling women that they can or cannot get pregnant? I had not heard of this.
Agreeing or not agreeing with me has nothing to do with climate change denial, which is seriously stupid at a time when businesses, city and state governments and lots of private actors are acknowledging that climate change is a fact, its impact is occuring faster than projected, and we are in big trouble. Guys like Jordan are really hurting us at the national level because they're all talk and no brain, and they don't care about policy--just grandstanding.

Not only that, Jordan apparently turned a blind eye to sexual abuse perpetrated by a team doctor at Ohio State. That's not an issue that's going away, and it IS revealing of Jordan's character.
Please don't tell me you just used the opinions of "lots of actors" as support. Really? You've said a lot of dumb things on here, but this is probably the dumbest thing you've ever said. You should be embarrassed...
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

He told the truth?

So, no collusion then.
So, no trip to Czechoslovakia or Prague.
So, no video or other blackmail evidence.
So, no paid for abortions.

So, nothing then?

He told the truth, right?

Go marry a couple of homos and perform an abortion. That is about all you are good for.
Waco1947
GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

He told the truth?

So, no collusion then.
So, no trip to Czechoslovakia or Prague.
So, no video or other blackmail evidence.
So, no paid for abortions.

So, nothing then?

He told the truth, right?

Go marry a couple of homos and perform an abortion. That is about all you are good for.
Cohen have the committee a raid map, including T tax returns.
Waco1947 ,la
Waco1947
Whitetrash, my apologies for misspelling your name. I corrected within 10 seconds but draw Oldbear caught my mistake and turned it into trash talk.
It was a typo. My apologies. Oldbear GTH
Waco1947 ,la
Buddha Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

None.

Again, you are completely relying on a convicted liar known to be dishonest, selfish beyond reason and with motive to slander Trump as much as he can.

You're defending a guy who banged a porn star while his wife was pregnant with his child. That's not hearsay, and it doesn't need clarifying from the said convicted liar. Trump has done some bad s*** and he isn't at all remorseful. I wouldn't want to know a guy like that.
Mitch Blood Green
Waco1947 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

. Fall Cuy was a Sux Million Dollar Man.
Waco1947
tommie said:

Waco1947 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

. Fall Cuy was a Sux Million Dollar Man.
He was a $6,000,000 man through investment in cable companies. He and Clinton were not best buds but both highly charismatic politicians who fought bitterly in AR politics.
Fun Fact: Jim Guy signed on with the marines and OCS But was booted for medical reasons (not bone spurs). He became a "free lance" journalist and imbedded in an infrantry unit and fought in several skirmishes. Like Mueller I do not take eithers' service lightly.
I tend to trust men who lead and place themselves in harms way. '
Waco1947 ,la
ValhallaBear
Interesting. The black 'token' that Meadows brought to the hearing claims that prosecutors were threatening to throw Cohen's wife in jail for 30 years for co-signing a fraudulent loan in order to obtain that circus of a testimony yesterday

Oldbear83
Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

None.

You're defending a guy who banged a porn star while his wife was pregnant with his child. That's not hearsay, and it doesn't need clarifying from the said convicted liar. Trump has done some bad s*** and he isn't at all remorseful. I wouldn't want to know a guy like that.
You believe smears, and ignore the man.

It was wrong when Obama haters did that, it's wrong now.

It's also stupid, don't you understand by now that this is a big part of why Trump won and keeps winning?

Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Whitetrash, my apologies for misspelling your name. I corrected within 10 seconds but draw Oldbear caught my mistake and turned it into trash talk.
It was a typo. My apologies. Oldbear GTH
Translation - Waco took a cheap shot, got caught, and is not honest enough to admit it.

In other news, welcome to March.
FormerFlash
What a giant pile of fail all of this was. Cohen tells us exactly what we all already know and believe, Trump is pretty much a garbage person. The whole point of his testimony should have been to provide actual evidence of wrong doing. Obviously he has none so instead we got a televised spectacle of one piece of crap spouting off about another piece of crap and none of it means anything.

This was a sham hearing from the jump put on by democrats to try and make the president look bad. Guess what? He does that plenty on his own. The more the democratic party orchestrates this kind of nonsense the more it backfires on them. I suspect this will have more of a negative impact on them over the long term than it actually will on the President. He'll have a week or two of related headlines and then it will go away.

The fact that anyone on either side went into this thinking a guy convicted of lying to congress under oath was going to provide any useful information while testifying to congress under oath is laughable. He said things that benefit both sides and things that hurt both sides. I love people rejoicing in the things he said that reinforce their political opinions while ignoring the rest. What a freaking joke all of this was.

I can't stop laughing about what a huge fail this is for the democrats. The more President Trump keeps his head down and doesn't say or tweet anything while the democrats parade around like petulant children, the better his 2020 chances look.
Sic Everyone.
FormerFlash
I almost forgot! Cinque, who started this thread and I'm sure was gleefully anticipating all the "bombshells" he was just certain were going to come in Cohen's testimony, who posts 4,000 times a day, had about 3 total posts in 7 thread pages, and had to resort to "bone spurs."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha I know people type lol all the time when they don't really mean it. I am definitely laughing out loud.
Sic Everyone.
Johnny Bear
FormerFlash said:

I almost forgot! Cinque, who started this thread and I'm sure was gleefully anticipating all the "bombshells" he was just certain were going to come in Cohen's testimony, who posts 4,000 times a day, had about 3 total posts in 7 thread pages, and had to resort to "bone spurs."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha I know people type lol all the time when they don't really mean it. I am definitely laughing out loud.
Yep - talk about one giant carnival sideshow nothing burger. The democrats continue to be the real life embodiment of Wylie Coyote and Trump continues to be the real life embodiment of the Road Runner. It's actually hilarious to sit back and observe.

And then there's always good ole' "The night cometh, cons...." Cinque to laugh at as well.
ValhallaBear
It is looking like Wednesday backfired in the democrat's face

AOC and her sweet tiddies were a gift sent down from Republican Jesus

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.