Cohen to tell all in Open Session

27,773 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by drahthaar
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque said:

It's getting late. Will any Republican ask a question about Donald Trump?
I always suspected you go to bed in the middle of the day.
BearFan33
cinque said:

What's the deal with the obsession on Cohen's potential book and movie deals? That's bizarre.
Cohen is taking one for the swamp.
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

This hearing makes me want to take a bath--and it's more the grandstanding by the likes of the viciously stupid Jim Jordan than the perfidy and years of complicity Cohen is now confessing.
Why did I know that you'd buy his story hook, line, and sinker? Take your meds for your TDS.
Same way I knew that you and most others on this forum think Trump is inerrant and never lies. Or, if you acknowledge that he does make mistakes and does lie ocasionally or even often, you'll find an excuse for his behavior, like you did about his statement that Mexico would pay for the wall.

Someone on this forum made fun of people for taking Trump at his word on the wall promise. Well, we didn't. What we didn't think is that he'd be stupid enough to shut down the government in a naked attempt to put taxpayer dollars to use for no better purpose than for him to say he kept a campaign promise he knew would never happen.
Show me where I said Trump never lies? I never thought that Trump meant that Mexico would write a check for the wall. If you did, you were stupid. And there are many people, millions in fact, who believe a wall is needed. You are just still upset that Hillary lost.
GoneGirl
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

This hearing makes me want to take a bath--and it's more the grandstanding by the likes of the viciously stupid Jim Jordan than the perfidy and years of complicity Cohen is now confessing.
And just how is Rep Jordan stupid? I'll give you viciously attacking because he was correct in his opening statement. You didn't have any problem with the stupid Chairman denying Jordan's request to follow the rules set forth by the very House that dumb ass Chairman presides over today?

Maryland just surpassed New Jersey and Chicago as political sleaze capital.
"Ardent climate change denier." All of those guys are stupid.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/jim-jordan-michael-cohen-congress-800948/

Rep. Jim Jordan (R.-Ohio) is many things: an ardent climate change denier, a fierce opponent of reproductive rights, an advocate for "traditional" marriage and a staunch defender of the President's right to straight-up lie to the American people. He is also alleged to be something else: an ignorer of rampant campus sexual abuse, per 2018 reports that Jordan turned a blind eye to Ohio State University wrestlers' allegations against a team doctor during his time as an assistant coach at OSU. (In 2018, Ohio State hired a law firm to conduct an ongoing investigation into the claims; the investigation is "nearing its conclusion," per the campus newspaper the Ohio State University Lantern.)

...On social media, many people found Jordan's behavior galling, particularly in light of allegations that Jordan, who served as assistant wrestling coach to the OSU wrestling team from 1987 to 1995, had turned a blind eye to sexual abuse allegations against team doctor Dr. Richard Strauss.

Strauss is alleged to have had abused more than 1,000 student athletes in 15 varsity sports during his tenure at the university. (He took his own life in 2005.) Many of Strauss's victims have accused Jordan of having prior knowledge of Strauss' history of abuse, explicitly naming Jordan in a class-action lawsuit filed last July in U.S. District Court in Ohio against Ohio State University.

xiledinok
I love all these quotes on this thread by no name right wingers who the general public doesn't care about or even know.
Cohen is killing Trump. Cohen is getting attacked by politicians trying to hold onto their dwindling power base. The problem is these Republican congressmen are no names. Cohen was a Trump loyalist.
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

And just how is Rep Jordan stupid? I'll give you viciously attacking because he was correct in his opening statement. You didn't have any problem with the stupid Chairman denying Jordan's request to follow the rules set forth by the very House that dumb ass Chairman presides over today?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/jim-jordan-michael-cohen-congress-800948/

Rep. Jim Jordan (R.-Ohio) is many things: an ardent climate change denier, a fierce opponent of reproductive rights, an advocate for "traditional" marriage and a staunch defender of the President's right to straight-up lie to the American people. He is also alleged to be something else: an ignorer of rampant campus sexual abuse, per 2018 reports that Jordan turned a blind eye to Ohio State University wrestlers' allegations against a team doctor during his time as an assistant coach at OSU. (In 2018, Ohio State hired a law firm to conduct an ongoing investigation into the claims; the investigation is "nearing its conclusion," per the campus newspaper the Ohio State University Lantern.)

...On social media, many people found Jordan's behavior galling, particularly in light of allegations that Jordan, who served as assistant wrestling coach to the OSU wrestling team from 1987 to 1995, had turned a blind eye to sexual abuse allegations against team doctor Dr. Richard Strauss.

Strauss is alleged to have had abused more than 1,000 student athletes in 15 varsity sports during his tenure at the university. (He took his own life in 2005.) Many of Strauss's victims have accused Jordan of having prior knowledge of Strauss' history of abuse, explicitly naming Jordan in a class-action lawsuit filed last July in U.S. District Court in Ohio against Ohio State University.

So basically, anyone who doesn't agree with you? Does Jim Jordan prevent women from getting pregnant? Reproductive rights? How can anyone in this day and age get away with telling women that they can or cannot get pregnant? I had not heard of this.
Aliceinbubbleland
>Jinx 2

It wouldn't be the first time a politician disappointed me but it will take more than social media accusations to smear Jordan. I had never heard of the guy until his opening statement today but I was like "WOW. This guy gets it.

This nation is so hung up on sex. The threatened sexual exposure of Cohen by someone on Twitter is ridiculous but maybe that's what it takes to get beyond sex and politics. However we never got over Clinton so I guess we still have a ways to go before we stop tee heeing over sex.

Children...they are off limits.
GoneGirl
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

So basically, anyone who doesn't agree with you? Does Jim Jordan prevent women from getting pregnant? Reproductive rights? How can anyone in this day and age get away with telling women that they can or cannot get pregnant? I had not heard of this.
Agreeing or not agreeing with me has nothing to do with climate change denial, which is seriously stupid at a time when businesses, city and state governments and lots of private actors are acknowledging that climate change is a fact, its impact is occuring faster than projected, and we are in big trouble. Guys like Jordan are really hurting us at the national level because they're all talk and no brain, and they don't care about policy--just grandstanding.

Not only that, Jordan apparently turned a blind eye to sexual abuse perpetrated by a team doctor at Ohio State. That's not an issue that's going away, and it IS revealing of Jordan's character.
fadskier
Aliceinbubbleland said:

>Jinx 2

It wouldn't be the first time a politician disappointed me but it will take more than social media accusations to smear Jordan. I had never heard of the guy until his opening statement today but I was like "WOW. This guy gets it.

This nation is so hung up on sex. The threatened sexual exposure of Cohen by someone on Twitter is ridiculous but maybe that's what it takes to get beyond sex and politics. However we never got over Clinton so I guess we still have a ways to go before we stop tee heeing over sex.

Not to Democrats...even after they're born, you can kill them..all while your methodist peacher (i.e. Waco) watches idly by...
whitetrash
fadskier said:

Does Jim Jordan prevent women from getting pregnant? Reproductive rights? How can anyone in this day and age get away with telling women that they can or cannot get pregnant? I had not heard of this.
I think he merely wants to prevent them from killing their babies. Unlike the ones Jinxiecat worships.
cinque
Since Trump is in Viet Nam, lets go there.

Were any of you surprised to learn that there was no bone spur surgery?
Make Racism Wrong Again
GoneGirl
Aliceinbubbleland said:

>Jinx 2

How about members of a college wrestling team?
Aliceinbubbleland
xiledinok said:

I love all these quotes on this thread by no name right wingers who the general public doesn't care about or even know.
Cohen is killing Trump. Cohen is getting attacked by politicians trying to hold onto their dwindling power base. The problem is these Republican congressmen are no names. Cohen was a Trump loyalist.
Jesus. All this time I've been ashamed to read your posts on every section of this board because I thought you were a Republican. So glad you have clarified.

I guess you call yourself Progressive Democrat. I call your party Confiscatory Democrat.
GoneGirl
xiledinok said:

Max Boot--hardly a liberal--agrees with you: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/27/here-are-five-felonies-trump-committed-if-cohen-is-telling-truth/?utm_term=.28c4be48e68d&wpisrc=nl_popns&wpmm=1
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

Agreeing or not agreeing with me has nothing to do with climate change denial, which is seriously stupid at a time when businesses, city and state governments and lots of private actors are acknowledging that climate change is a fact, its impact is occuring faster than projected, and we are in big trouble. Guys like Jordan are really hurting us at the national level because they're all talk and no brain, and they don't care about policy--just grandstanding.

Not only that, Jordan apparently turned a blind eye to sexual abuse perpetrated by a team doctor at Ohio State. That's not an issue that's going away, and it IS revealing of Jordan's character.
Very few people deny that climate is changing. It is always changing. The disagreement comes in the affect man has on the change. Oh and yes, let's certainly believe actors. Are you kidding with that?

Oh and BTW, even you used the word "apparently" but you are convinced of his wrong-doings. No wonder you believed Ford.
GoneGirl
cinque said:

Of course not. They honestly don't care if Trump is a scumbag as long as he gets all of the polices, judges and justices they have in place. Once that happens, if he ends up behind bars, they'll trash him then.
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

xiledinok said:

Max Boot--hardly a liberal--agrees with you: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/02/27/here-are-five-felonies-trump-committed-if-cohen-is-telling-truth/?utm_term=.28c4be48e68d&wpisrc=nl_popns&wpmm=1
Here's an objective source...someone who doesn't like either party...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44013/walsh-three-times-when-michael-cohens-testimony-matt-walsh
GoneGirl
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

xiledinok said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44013/walsh-three-times-when-michael-cohens-testimony-matt-walsh
"One of the religious right's most influential young voices." Hardly objective. The religious right loves Trump-- he may be the only sinner they truly love.

https://www.dailywire.com/authors/matt-walsh
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

xiledinok said:

"One of the religious right's most influential young voices." Hardly objective. The religious right loves Trump-- he may be the only sinner they truly love.

https://www.dailywire.com/authors/matt-walsh
and? Religious right...not politically right. He speaks out against Trump and the Republicans as well as Democrats. and for someone who quoted the Post....
cinque
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

xiledinok said:

How is a self admitted darling of the religious right objective?
Make Racism Wrong Again
GoneGirl
But, as noted by Max Bergmann of the Moscow Project at the Center for American Progress, the president's former lawyer also implicated him in at least four felonies:

1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States. Cohen testified that he was present in July 2016 when Trump took a call on the speakerphone from Roger Stone, who said "that he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange and that Mr. Assange told Stone that, within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton's campaign." According to Cohen, Trump replied, "Wouldn't that be great." (Stone has denied that account, in possible violation of a judge's gag order.) Trump cannot claim that he did not know where the leaked emails ultimately came from: It had been public knowledge since mid-June 2016 that Russian hackers had penetrated the Democratic National Committee.
2. Lying to the FBI and the Justice Department. According to CNN, Trump, in his written testimony to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, claimed "that Roger Stone did not tell him about WikiLeaks, nor was he told about the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between his son, campaign officials and a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary Clinton." Cohen contradicted those assertions.

3. Suborning perjury. Cohen testified that Trump encouraged him to lie to Congress about his attempts in 2016 to build a Trump Tower in Moscow and that his personal lawyers reviewed the mendacious testimony.

4. Violating campaign finance laws. Cohen testified that Trump told him to pay off a porn star and reimbursed him for doing so. Cohen even produced a checkTrump signed while he was president and another one that was signed by Donald Trump Jr., implicating the president's son in this felony, as well.

To these four offenses, one may add: 5. Bank, wire and tax fraud. Cohen testified that Trump inflated his assets to win bank loans and deflated them to reduce his taxes precisely the kind of scheme for which Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, is now facing lengthy prison time. And Cohen added that he knew of other offenses that federal prosecutors are still investigating.

The response from Trumplandia was predictable: The president's attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani, denied any wrongdoing by his client and once again called Cohen a lying liar. That's pretty rich coming from a representative of a president who has told more than 8,700 lies since taking office and who less than a year ago called Cohen a "fine person." It's true that Cohen is a crook and liar after all, he pleaded guilty to lying to Congress but he has every incentive to tell the truth now. Cohen has already been sentenced to three years in prison. He will not reduce his sentence any further with his testimony but he could substantially add to it if he once again lied to Congress. He was, after all, testifying under oath, something Trump notably refuses to do. Cohen, a convicted felon, sounded more credible and convincing than the president or his Republican defenders. He may go down as the John Dean of Russia-gate.
Aliceinbubbleland
Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

>Jinx 2

How about members of a college wrestling team?
The report said "one" member. Anonymous one at that. I'll wait on the OSU legal investigation before I consider slandering a dude whose attitude I love.
fadskier
Cracks me up that Cohen is going to jail for lying to congress, and admits that is testimony was worked on with Democrats and people find him credible. If Trump has done things wrong, they need someone who hasn't lied or worked with the enemy.

again, no wonder you believed Ford.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

What's the deal with the obsession on Cohen's potential book and movie deals? That's bizarre.
It's motive to lie in a big way.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
Jinx 2 said:

But, as noted by Max Bergmann of the Moscow Project at the Center for American Progress, the president's former lawyer also implicated him in at least four felonies:

1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States. Cohen testified that he was present in July 2016 when Trump took a call on the speakerphone from Roger Stone, who said "that he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange and that Mr. Assange told Stone that, within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton's campaign." According to Cohen, Trump replied, "Wouldn't that be great." (Stone has denied that account, in possible violation of a judge's gag order.) Trump cannot claim that he did not know where the leaked emails ultimately came from: It had been public knowledge since mid-June 2016 that Russian hackers had penetrated the Democratic National Committee.
2. Lying to the FBI and the Justice Department. According to CNN, Trump, in his written testimony to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, claimed "that Roger Stone did not tell him about WikiLeaks, nor was he told about the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between his son, campaign officials and a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary Clinton." Cohen contradicted those assertions.

3. Suborning perjury. Cohen testified that Trump encouraged him to lie to Congress about his attempts in 2016 to build a Trump Tower in Moscow and that his personal lawyers reviewed the mendacious testimony.

4. Violating campaign finance laws. Cohen testified that Trump told him to pay off a porn star and reimbursed him for doing so. Cohen even produced a checkTrump signed while he was president and another one that was signed by Donald Trump Jr., implicating the president's son in this felony, as well.

To these four offenses, one may add: 5. Bank, wire and tax fraud. Cohen testified that Trump inflated his assets to win bank loans and deflated them to reduce his taxes precisely the kind of scheme for which Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, is now facing lengthy prison time. And Cohen added that he knew of other offenses that federal prosecutors are still investigating.

The response from Trumplandia was predictable: The president's attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani, denied any wrongdoing by his client and once again called Cohen a lying liar. That's pretty rich coming from a representative of a president who has told more than 8,700 lies since taking office and who less than a year ago called Cohen a "fine person." It's true that Cohen is a crook and liar after all, he pleaded guilty to lying to Congress but he has every incentive to tell the truth now. Cohen has already been sentenced to three years in prison. He will not reduce his sentence any further with his testimony but he could substantially add to it if he once again lied to Congress. He was, after all, testifying under oath, something Trump notably refuses to do. Cohen, a convicted felon, sounded more credible and convincing than the president or his Republican defenders. He may go down as the John Dean of Russia-gate.
About that shower you mentioned, I didn't realize you meant wallowing in the drain with the muck.

Good Lord we've stooped to new lows in politics.
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

1. Assange publicly stated about the emails a month earlier...Why is it a felony that Trump thought it would be great? Can think be a felony?

2. Cohen's word against Trump. Where's the felony?

3. Cohen stated that Trump did not tell him to lie.

4. Trump paid Cohen approximately $385,000 as his lawyer. Paying a lawyer is a felony? Nothing states what that money was for...only Cohen, who, BTW is a convicted liar.

Sorry sweetie, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it so.

No wonder you believed Ford.
Johnny Bear
fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

Very few people deny that climate is changing. It is always changing. The disagreement comes in the affect man has on the change. Oh and yes, let's certainly believe actors. Are you kidding with that?

Oh and BTW, even you used the word "apparently" but you are convinced of his wrong-doings. No wonder you believed Ford.
Of course the climate changes. It has changed in cycles over time that mankind always has been and always will be powerless to change or impact (for good or bad) in any material way. There are natural forces that are simply way beyond the power of humanity to control or change and the climate is one of them. So called man-made climate change is the biggest hoax, con-job to make people like Al Gore rich, farce of the last 50 years and one of the fastest ways to destroy our economy and our country as we know it is to go down the path of wasting $trillions on this lunacy.
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

Not as surprised as I was when I heated Clinton didn't inhale.
ValhallaBear
abortion post in 3....2...
Doc Holliday
Johnny Bear said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

Of course the climate changes. It has changed in cycles over time that mankind always has been and always will be powerless to change or impact (for good or bad) in any material way. There are natural forces that are simply way beyond the power of humanity to control or change and the climate is one of them. So called man-made climate change is the biggest hoax, con-job to make people like Al Gore rich, farce of the last 50 years and one of the fastest ways to destroy our economy and our country as we know it is to go down the path of wasting $trillions on this lunacy.
No you bigot!!! We need at least half your income and you'll be required to pay $10k a year to drive your vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The world is ending in 12 years unless we do something about climate change...and by that I mean give your hard earned money to the government because they're so efficient and responsible with money!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoneGirl
Rep. Matt Gaetz of FL being investigated for attempted witness tampering.

https://www.law.com/2019/02/27/the-florida-bar-is-investigating-florida-rep-matt-gaetz-in-response-to-complaints-over-alleged-cohen-witness-tampering/?kw=Florida%20Bar%20Is%20Investigating%20US%20Rep.%20Matt%20Gaetz%20After%20Complaints%20of%20Alleged%20Cohen%20Witness%20Tampering&utm_source=email&utm_medium=enl&utm_campaign=breakingnews&utm_content=20190227&utm_term=law
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Johnny Bear said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

fadskier said:

Jinx 2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jinx 2 said:

No you bigot!!! We need at least half your income and you'll be required to pay $10k a year to drive your vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The world is ending in 12 years unless we do something about climate change...and by that I mean give your hard earned money to the government because they're so efficient and responsible with money!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This sort of fearmongering is silly. You're half my age. You're going to live with the consequences of f--king up the only planet we have a lot longer than I am. You need a dose of Doctor-wokemup.
Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

https://www.law.com/2019/02/27/the-florida-bar-is-investigating-florida-rep-matt-gaetz-in-response-to-complaints-over-alleged-cohen-witness-tampering/?kw=Florida%20Bar%20Is%20Investigating%20US%20Rep.%20Matt%20Gaetz%20After%20Complaints%20of%20Alleged%20Cohen%20Witness%20Tampering&utm_source=email&utm_medium=enl&utm_campaign=breakingnews&utm_content=20190227&utm_term=law
Cohen literally admitted that Schiif and Cummings talked to him and coached him prior to his testimony today...
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Cohen literally admitted that Schiif and Cummings talked to him and coached him prior to his testimony today...
Chuckle, no he didn't.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Doc Holliday
cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

Jinx 2 said:

Chuckle, no he didn't.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.