The Real Economy isn't Booming

43,530 Views | 436 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
Buddha Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

Tenacious D said:

BrooksBearLives said:

One hundred and forty million poor and low-income people in America are a $400 emergency away from not being able to pay their bills next month. That's 43.5% of the population in the world's richest nation.

43.5% of the country is a $400 medical bill away from being in some sort of default.

This isn't theoretical.

After 10 years of growth, this is where we are. And y'all are saying that's fine?
What do you want to do about it?

There's nothing you, I nor anyone else can do about it

That population has no financial education with many unemployable and lives paycheck to paycheck or entitlement to entitlement check or deposit

Sad reality of humans

Also need a wall
Almost 1 in 2 people are possibly unemployable and financially uneducated? Certainly not my experience. What a world you live in.
Oldbear83
Buddha Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

Tenacious D said:

BrooksBearLives said:

One hundred and forty million poor and low-income people in America are a $400 emergency away from not being able to pay their bills next month. That's 43.5% of the population in the world's richest nation.

43.5% of the country is a $400 medical bill away from being in some sort of default.

This isn't theoretical.

After 10 years of growth, this is where we are. And y'all are saying that's fine?

That population has no financial education with many unemployable and lives paycheck to paycheck or entitlement to entitlement check or deposit

Sad reality of humans

Also need a wall
Almost 1 in 2 people are possibly unemployable and financially uneducated? Certainly not my experience. What a world you live in.
Florda never said '1 in 2 people are possibly unemployable'.

Bruce Leroy
BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

As always with you, you poorly site your source and "cherry pick" data or quotes to make a point.

I assume that your numbers are based on articles related to a dated version of a Federal Reserve Report on the Economic Well-Being of US Households.

Per the latest report from May 2019.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/files/2018-report-economic-well-being-us-households-201905.pdf

"When asked about their finances, 75 percent of adults say they are either doing okay or living comfortably. This result in 2018 is similar to 2017 and is 12 percentage points higher than 2013. "

"Dealing with Unexpected Expenses

"While self-reported ability to handle unexpected expenses has improved substantially since the survey began in 2013, a sizeable share of adults nonetheless say that they would have some difficulty with a modest unexpected expense.

If faced with an unexpected expense of $400, 61 percent of adults say they would cover it with cash, savings, or a credit card paid off at the next statement a modest improvement from the prior year. Similar to the prior year, 27 percent would borrow or sell something to pay for the expense, and 12 percent would not be able to cover the expense at all. "

Also to note the statistics are based of a total of 11,440 completed responses.

Interesting that you don't consider it "theoretical" to apply a self-reported survey of 11,440+ to the entire US population to determine your estimate of the number of people in America that are close to default.
BrooksBearLives
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I did not realize how bad off we all were in this country until watching the Democratic Party debate tonight. After watching, I feel like I need to go make a little cardboard sign.

Remember when you said Obamacare was going to collapse our society?

The best healthcare plan these days is to just not get sick.
That's what's known as the European Plan.

The Europeans -all of those countries- spend less on healthcare and have Bette outcomes.

Who is this Bette you speak of? What does she look like? Why is this the first time I have ever heard of her?

You're a child.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I did not realize how bad off we all were in this country until watching the Democratic Party debate tonight. After watching, I feel like I need to go make a little cardboard sign.

The Europeans -all of those countries- spend less on healthcare and have Bette outcomes.

Who is this Bette you speak of? What does she look like? Why is this the first time I have ever heard of her?

You're a child.
And you, Sir, are no fun!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
Buddha Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

Tenacious D said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Sad reality of humans

Also need a wall

The real world and not Fantasyland
BrooksBearLives
Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

As always with you, you poorly site your source and "cherry pick" data or quotes to make a point.

I assume that your numbers are based on articles related to a dated version of a Federal Reserve Report on the Economic Well-Being of US Households.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/files/2018-report-economic-well-being-us-households-201905.pdf

"When asked about their finances, 75 percent of adults say they are either doing okay or living comfortably. This result in 2018 is similar to 2017 and is 12 percentage points higher than 2013. "

"While self-reported ability to handle unexpected expenses has improved substantially since the survey began in 2013, a sizeable share of adults nonetheless say that they would have some difficulty with a modest unexpected expense.

If faced with an unexpected expense of $400, 61 percent of adults say they would cover it with cash, savings, or a credit card paid off at the next statement a modest improvement from the prior year. Similar to the prior year, 27 percent would borrow or sell something to pay for the expense, and 12 percent would not be able to cover the expense at all. "

Interesting that you don't consider it "theoretical" to apply a self-reported survey of 11,440+ to the entire US population to determine your estimate of the number of people in America that are close to default.

Lol, actually, it was a study from 2018. Glad to see things have improved MARGINALLY (from 43% -40%)

I think it's adorable that you think you know something about statistics. 11,000 responses is incredibly strong. Especially given the metrics and sampling data.

I get that you're just a dude who obviously doesn't work much in research (from your positions, that's clear) but this is solid data. Almost half the country couldn't handle a $400 expense without going into debt or defaulting. That's quite literally the point the OP was making. Some people are doing amazing in this economy.

Most of that benefit is going to a few.
BrooksBearLives
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You're a child.

Well, Bette is the fun one.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You're a child.

Well, Bette is the fun one.
Now there you go!! I just wanted to hear more about Bette!

-- Barack Obama
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

How so? The Europeans -all of those countries- spend less on healthcare and have Bette outcomes.

They have less access to a lot of treatments, especially those that are more innovative or higher in cost. Better outcomes are usually judged by things like life expectancy and infant mortality, which aren't really a direct measure of the quality of healthcare. Too many other factors, like obesity and poverty, affect the comparison.
Bruce Leroy
BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Lol, actually, it was a study from 2018. Glad to see things have improved MARGINALLY (from 43% -40%)

I think it's adorable that you think you know something about statistics. 11,000 responses is incredibly strong. Especially given the metrics and sampling data.

I get that you're just a dude who obviously doesn't work much in research (from your positions, that's clear) but this is solid data. Almost half the country couldn't handle a $400 expense without going into debt or defaulting. That's quite literally the point the OP was making. Some people are doing amazing in this economy.

I never professed to having any particular knowledge of statistics and find your deduction of my background interesting.

Because you omitted my point for context (as normal with you) my quote was" self-reported survey of 11,440+".

As I am limited in my knowledge are self reporting surveys incredibly stronger than exit polling data?

To illustrate your logic in this discussion.

"Glad to see things have improved MARGINALLY (from 43% -40%)."

"Most of that benefit is going to a few."

US Population x 3% = +9,600,000 situation has improved. (Compared to OP: The Real Economy isn't Booming)
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

How so? The Europeans -all of those countries- spend less on healthcare and have Bette outcomes.

They have less access to a lot of treatments, especially those that are more innovative or higher in cost. Better outcomes are usually judged by things like life expectancy and infant mortality, which aren't really a direct measure of the quality of healthcare. Too many other factors, like obesity and poverty, affect the comparison.
Not true.
BrooksBearLives
Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

I never professed to having any particular knowledge of statistics and find your deduction of my background interesting.

Because you omitted my point for context (as normal with you) my quote was" self-reported survey of 11,440+".

As I am limited in my knowledge are self reporting surveys incredibly stronger than exit polling data?

US Population x 3% = +9,600,000 situation has improved. (Compared to OP: The Real Economy isn't Booming)
A self-reported poll with that N is pretty great, from my understanding. You can have a non-self-reported poll of 1,000 and not be as accurate.

And it's weird that you missed the point. ALMOST HALF THE COUNTRY CAN'T AFFORD A $400 UNEXPECTED EXPENSE. 9 million more can in the last two years of a supposedly booming economy and historically low unemployment.

But almost HALF still can't. That's insanely wild. Can you really say this is the best economy ever when, even after 10 years of growth, half of the country could be forced into some sort of ruin by an expected car repair?
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not true.
How is it not true?

We are much more obese in the U.S. than in Europe. West Virginia is 10% higher in obesity rates than the entire UK. One-third of Americans -- or 78.6 million -- are classified as obese according to a paper published in 2014 in The Journal of the American Medical Association: The Journal of the American Medical Association: Prevalence of Childhood and Adult Obesity in the United States, 2011-2012

Obesity rates vary by age and ethnic group. Middle-aged Americans, 40- to 59-year-olds, have the highest obesity rates. Regarding race, non-Hispanic blacks have the highest obesity rates, followed by Hispanics, then non-Hispanic whites and finally non-Hispanic Asians. Seventeen percent of children in the United States are obese

Obesity is a major factor.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not true.
How is it not true?

We are much more obese in the U.S. than in Europe. West Virginia is 10% higher in obesity rates than the entire UK. One-third of Americans -- or 78.6 million -- are classified as obese according to a paper published in 2014 in The Journal of the American Medical Association: The Journal of the American Medical Association: Prevalence of Childhood and Adult Obesity in the United States, 2011-2012

Obesity rates vary by age and ethnic group. Middle-aged Americans, 40- to 59-year-olds, have the highest obesity rates. Regarding race, non-Hispanic blacks have the highest obesity rates, followed by Hispanics, then non-Hispanic whites and finally non-Hispanic Asians. Seventeen percent of children in the United States are obese

They have access to the same range treatments and innovations.
whitetrash
BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

A self-reported poll with that N is pretty great, from my understanding. You can have a non-self-reported poll of 1,000 and not be as accurate.

And it's weird that you missed the point. ALMOST HALF THE COUNTRY CAN'T AFFORD A $400 UNEXPECTED EXPENSE. 9 million more can in the last two years of a supposedly booming economy and historically low unemployment.

But almost HALF still can't. That's insanely wild. Can you really say this is the best economy ever when, even after 10 years of growth, half of the country could be forced into some sort of ruin by an expected car repair?
BrooksBearLives
whitetrash said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

ShooterTX
BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

These kinds of numbers are really annoying.
You can't afford a $400 bill, but you and your spouse each have a $700 iPhone??
I have been in those situations before, and it isn't as dire as you make it out to be. Most people (sadly) do not save anything. Instead, they go into debt to get a more expensive car, house, phone, clothes, vacation.... etc
The vast majority of working Americans have over $1,000 worth of items which they can sell for that unexpected $400 bill. What they are saying is that there current burn rate doesn't allow for an extra $400 of expenses. If you look into their actual spending vs. income... there is more than enough there, but it would require some hard choices. You would have us all believe that almost half of the country is working, and they don't eat out, don't buy expensive clothes, don't have smart phones, don't buy expensive cars, don't go on any vacations, don't go to movies, don't buy ear buds, don't own jewelry, don't own electronics, don't own much of anything.... and after ALL of that thrifty living... they still have no savings and cannot afford an unexpected $400 bill??? That's total BS. If that were true, then Amazon and Best Buy would be bankrupt from a lack of customers. FYI, Best Buy reported better than expected sales increases last year and the year before that. They also reported a better Q1 than the Q1 the year before. The overall revenue for Q1 was up, even though the international revenue was lower... the stronger domestic sales more than made up the difference.
So people are flocking to Best Buy to buy crap that they don't need... but they can't afford a $400 bill.
In reality, people are responding to a question, and realizing that they are spending everything they have, rather than saving for a rainy day.
Waco1947
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-expansion-contrasts/rich-get-richer-everyone-else-not-so-much-in-record-u-s-expansion-idUSKCN1TX0HE?utm_source=applenews
Waco1947 ,la
BrooksBearLives
ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

I have been in those situations before, and it isn't as dire as you make it out to be. Most people (sadly) do not save anything. Instead, they go into debt to get a more expensive car, house, phone, clothes, vacation.... etc
The vast majority of working Americans have over $1,000 worth of items which they can sell for that unexpected $400 bill. What they are saying is that there current burn rate doesn't allow for an extra $400 of expenses. If you look into their actual spending vs. income... there is more than enough there, but it would require some hard choices. You would have us all believe that almost half of the country is working, and they don't eat out, don't buy expensive clothes, don't have smart phones, don't buy expensive cars, don't go on any vacations, don't go to movies, don't buy ear buds, don't own jewelry, don't own electronics, don't own much of anything.... and after ALL of that thrifty living... they still have no savings and cannot afford an unexpected $400 bill??? That's total BS. If that were true, then Amazon and Best Buy would be bankrupt from a lack of customers. FYI, Best Buy reported better than expected sales increases last year and the year before that. They also reported a better Q1 than the Q1 the year before. The overall revenue for Q1 was up, even though the international revenue was lower... the stronger domestic sales more than made up the difference.
So people are flocking to Best Buy to buy crap that they don't need... but they can't afford a $400 bill.
In reality, people are responding to a question, and realizing that they are spending everything they have, rather than saving for a rainy day.
Actually, having a smart phone, for many families, is THE most efficient way to use their money. Internet access is a requirement for life, even if it's just applying for jobs, checking email, signing up for work shifts. Those phones can cost $700, but they rarely have people pay full price (usually there's a buy 1/get one etc). It is essentially the family computer and entertainment all in one.

So this weird FoxNews soundbite obsession with this idea that poor people have to look poor and be poor all the time as if they weren't human beings that would want and could occasionally afford a nice thing, probably trips your conservative erogenous zones, but it isn't based in any sort of fact.
BrooksBearLives
Waco1947 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-expansion-contrasts/rich-get-richer-everyone-else-not-so-much-in-record-u-s-expansion-idUSKCN1TX0HE?utm_source=applenews
They won't read this.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Internet access is a requirement for life,
Ummmmmmmmm..........................................no, it is not.

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
ShooterTX
BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Actually, having a smart phone, for many families, is THE most efficient way to use their money. Internet access is a requirement for life, even if it's just applying for jobs, checking email, signing up for work shifts. Those phones can cost $700, but they rarely have people pay full price (usually there's a buy 1/get one etc). It is essentially the family computer and entertainment all in one.

So this weird FoxNews soundbite obsession with this idea that poor people have to look poor and be poor all the time as if they weren't human beings that would want and could occasionally afford a nice thing, probably trips your conservative erogenous zones, but it isn't based in any sort of fact.
Apparently, your pot infused brain cannot read anything beyond the second line.
I'm sure it tingles your communist erogenous zones to believe that everyone is working full time, eating beans & rice, and just barely surviving... but it just isn't reality.
I guess we shouldn't expect someone who has willfully been detached from reality for the past 10+ years to understand how things work in the real world. All those years in school, and still no understanding or wisdom... so sad.
Almost everyone who has an iPhone is paying for that iPhone. If they would look at their monthly statements, they would see that they are paying for around 48 months for that phone. Meanwhile, almost every carrier has some kind of "smart phone" which is either vastly cheaper... or in some cases is actually free.

But let's forget the iPhone for a minute. How about you address any of the other cost-cutting measures I mentioned? Put down the bong and your copy of Das Kapital for a few, and actually think for a change.
Someday, you might have to get a real job, so it would probably be a good idea to learn about the real world before you have to enter it.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

My place in Waco does not take a check. Online payment only. Could be a sampling error and that is the only place in America with that requirement.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

My place in Waco does not take a check. Online payment only. Could be a sampling error and that is the only place in America with that requirement.
Well isn't that special! I have no doubt you would still live there if they only accepted Bitcoin.

So why haven't your buds in the Democratic Party promised free computers and internet for all illegal immigrants?

-- Barack Obama
ShooterTX
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

By "place", do you mean you have to pay your rent online? Is this the ONLY way to pay rent in Waco? There are NO other options?
And your "place" will not accept an automatic bank payment or any other methods? This is a pretty unusual setup.
quash
ShooterTX said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

By "place", do you mean you have to pay your rent online? Is this the ONLY way to pay rent in Waco? There are NO other options?
And your "place" will not accept an automatic bank payment or any other methods? This is a pretty unusual setup.
Online only. And, as I said, it is not all of America, which would include Waco.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BrooksBearLives
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Um. Yes it is. Especially if you want a job. Having a cellphone is a requirement as well (or at the very least a landline).

You serious?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Um. Yes it is. Especially if you want a job. Having a cellphone is a requirement as well (or at the very least a landline).

You serious?
What if I am independently wealthy, anti-social, and don't have a job or need a job? What if I am a Democrat and don't have a job or want a job? Yep. I am serious.

-- Barack Obama
BrooksBearLives
ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

I'm sure it tingles your communist erogenous zones to believe that everyone is working full time, eating beans & rice, and just barely surviving... but it just isn't reality.
I guess we shouldn't expect someone who has willfully been detached from reality for the past 10+ years to understand how things work in the real world. All those years in school, and still no understanding or wisdom... so sad.
Almost everyone who has an iPhone is paying for that iPhone. If they would look at their monthly statements, they would see that they are paying for around 48 months for that phone. Meanwhile, almost every carrier has some kind of "smart phone" which is either vastly cheaper... or in some cases is actually free.

But let's forget the iPhone for a minute. How about you address any of the other cost-cutting measures I mentioned? Put down the bong and your copy of Das Kapital for a few, and actually think for a change.
Someday, you might have to get a real job, so it would probably be a good idea to learn about the real world before you have to enter it.
Listen, I get that you're perpetually angry. Maybe you treat everyone else like **** and that's cool, I guess. But you can at least try. You sincerely don't seem capable of disagreeing with someone over anything without getting upset and calling names or calling someone stupid.

Take a break, guy.

You need to calm down.
YoakDaddy
BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

You serious?

It's a privilege and not a requirement. How the fulk do you think folks got jobs before the advent of the internet? I'd had 3 serious jobs (one with a major energy company) after BU graduation before I ever had a cell phone or internet.
ShooterTX
BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

Listen, I get that you're perpetually angry. Maybe you treat everyone else like **** and that's cool, I guess. But you can at least try. You sincerely don't seem capable of disagreeing with someone over anything without getting upset and calling names or calling someone stupid.

Take a break, guy.

You need to calm down.
And yet you still cannot answer any of the ideas I proposed.
Yes, I'm sure you need me to take a break... I'm ruining your fantasy.
Try and answer the questions I asked.... go ahead... give it a try.
Ignore the iPhone part, and attempt to respond to the rest of it.
Or do you want to just keep hiding? You can run & hide within academia for awhile, but not forever. You'll have to face the real world eventually.
ShooterTX
YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ShooterTX said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Bruce Leroy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

This isn't theoretical.

You serious?

It's a privilege and not a requirement. How the fulk do you think folks got jobs before the advent of the internet? I'd had 3 serious jobs (one with a major energy company) after BU graduation before I ever had a cell phone or internet.
Cut him a break.... he's never had a real job, so how would he know?
How would he know that there are a ton of companies which will provide or pay for you to have a company cell phone? How would he know that almost no one requires a cell phone for an entry level position?
It's funny that he goes from talking about "the working poor", and then he talks about looking for jobs online. As if poor people are using Indeed.com to find a job at Wal-Mart or HEB... LOL!
If you are going to interviews with an iPhone, and yet you are still considered "poor"... then you are doing something very wrong.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not true.
How is it not true?

They have access to the same range treatments and innovations.
That's beside the point. When your drugs are unavailable because of government restrictions, having the same theoretical "range" doesn't help much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.