Texas Independence Referendum Act filed in Texas House

38,621 Views | 574 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasScientist
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

TexasScientist and squash's posts don't show up for me, but they seem to be very interested in the Texit movement. TNM registered supporters went over the 412k mark today.
That would be 1.4% of the population, if they all live in Texas. I'd say you're on to something.
and it would be 3.7% of the people who voted in 2020.

what we can know for certainty is that the number who've signed up for TNM is also a very small fraction of those who actually support secession, on one sense or the other. A number of polls going back a decade has the pro-secession number in the 30's. One I recall actually had support at 39%. Basically 2 out of 5 Texans ready to bolt. So there's considerable upside to the organizing TNM is doing.

Rather than celebrate very low numbers, you should worry that 7-digits worth of Texans support secession. That is not like a 51-49 win for a House seat. It's a sign that important pieces of social contract are failing. When you have people supporting secession simply as a protest over disaffection with government, statesmen should sit up and take notice, and change the way they're doing things. But this lot running WDC isn't going to step back an inch. They are doubling down on the division. It's their business model.
Maybe, but you would think if the idea were that strong among Texans, there would be enough support in the legislature to get it out of the State Affairs Committee. Indications are the Texit ferver isn't very broad and is very shallow.
ah, my friend, you forget government class. This is a republic. Laws are supposed to be hard to pass, to ensure that we get laws with large majorities that endure over longer periods of time, rather than swinging to & fro with every election. Things with only 39% public support are supposed to die in committee. Even things with only 50% public support should die in committee.

and when something like secession starts hitting 39% public support, alarm bells should be going off that more than a few things are out of whack. Properly functioning social contract does not have 40% of the population wanting to walk from the entire endeavor.
What is out of whack is that 39% of people feel like they are being impressed in one of the powerful states in the freest, richest country to ever exist.
Have you considered that on their end all they hear is how much of a problem their prosperity and privilege is?

Maybe they want to get out before the state makes them give up their hard earned privilege.
Since I have the same prosperity and privilege, yes. The white grievance culture is such a joke. Biggest bunch of whiners the world has ever seen.
How very woke of you to arrive at white grievance culture.

Your response proves my point: you brush off concerns of those you deem unworthy.
That is the way 99.5% of the human race has lived their lives for thousand of years.

But I guess you and your friends are really special?

Man up dude.

Edit: why did you delete the part about how your life is so hard?
I see, your generation get's to pay off their nice suburban houses with higher buying power and mine gets to live in apartments and trailer parks even though we work harder jobs and longer hours. I guess we just need to man up.

If anyone has a silver spoon, it's you boomers.

Okay, I'm going need to stick up for the boomers (although I'm not one - I'm Gen X). I will say that your typical boomer doesn't spend their money like a drunken sailor, much like millennials do.

My father-in-law who is a boomer and only has a high school education worked at the same job for over 30 years. He saved every nickel he could, spend what he didn't need to and invested wisely even when he couldn't really afford it. He put his three daughters through college with no loans and he was able to retire at the age of 55. - a dozen years ago. He still never spends money although he's sitting a mountain of cash.

When he needed to replace his 15 year old truck, he splurged and bought a brand new one (he always bought used). He did however, buy the cheapest model they had.

I look up to him greatly.
As a generation, Boomers are the beneficiaries of the largest intergenerational transfer of of wealth in human history
Too bad my father-in-law had nothing transfered to him
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

TexasScientist and squash's posts don't show up for me, but they seem to be very interested in the Texit movement. TNM registered supporters went over the 412k mark today.
That would be 1.4% of the population, if they all live in Texas. I'd say you're on to something.

what we can know for certainty is that the number who've signed up for TNM is also a very small fraction of those who actually support secession, on one sense or the other. A number of polls going back a decade has the pro-secession number in the 30's. One I recall actually had support at 39%. Basically 2 out of 5 Texans ready to bolt. So there's considerable upside to the organizing TNM is doing.

Rather than celebrate very low numbers, you should worry that 7-digits worth of Texans support secession. That is not like a 51-49 win for a House seat. It's a sign that important pieces of social contract are failing. When you have people supporting secession simply as a protest over disaffection with government, statesmen should sit up and take notice, and change the way they're doing things. But this lot running WDC isn't going to step back an inch. They are doubling down on the division. It's their business model.
Maybe, but you would think if the idea were that strong among Texans, there would be enough support in the legislature to get it out of the State Affairs Committee. Indications are the Texit ferver isn't very broad and is very shallow.
ah, my friend, you forget government class. This is a republic. Laws are supposed to be hard to pass, to ensure that we get laws with large majorities that endure over longer periods of time, rather than swinging to & fro with every election. Things with only 39% public support are supposed to die in committee. Even things with only 50% public support should die in committee.

and when something like secession starts hitting 39% public support, alarm bells should be going off that more than a few things are out of whack. Properly functioning social contract does not have 40% of the population wanting to walk from the entire endeavor.
What is out of whack is that 39% of people feel like they are being impressed in one of the powerful states in the freest, richest country to ever exist.
Have you considered that on their end all they hear is how much of a problem their prosperity and privilege is?

Maybe they want to get out before the state makes them give up their hard earned privilege.
Since I have the same prosperity and privilege, yes. The white grievance culture is such a joke. Biggest bunch of whiners the world has ever seen.

Your response proves my point: you brush off concerns of those you deem unworthy.
That is the way 99.5% of the human race has lived their lives for thousand of years.

Man up dude.

I see, your generation get's to pay off their nice suburban houses with higher buying power and mine gets to live in apartments and trailer parks even though we work harder jobs and longer hours. I guess we just need to man up.

Okay, I'm going need to stick up for the boomers (although I'm not one - I'm Gen X). I will say that your typical boomer doesn't spend their money like a drunken sailor, much like millennials do.

My father-in-law who is a boomer and only has a high school education worked at the same job for over 30 years. He saved every nickel he could, spend what he didn't need to and invested wisely even when he couldn't really afford it. He put his three daughters through college with no loans and he was able to retire at the age of 55. - a dozen years ago. He still never spends money although he's sitting a mountain of cash.

When he needed to replace his 15 year old truck, he splurged and bought a brand new one (he always bought used). He did however, buy the cheapest model they had.

As a generation, Boomers are the beneficiaries of the largest intergenerational transfer of of wealth in human history
Not all/
Hence "as a generation"
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"
You still come off as reaching, and bitter.

Leave that to A&M
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash
Oldbear83 said:

"Poll results are about phrasing the question."

I don't recall you saying that when Trump was the subject of polls.
Yeah, but then there's something rather specific about "If the election were held today who would you vote for?"

If you want to criticize me for failing to whine about that phrasing be my guest.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah, but then there's something rather specific about "If the election were held today who would you vote for?"

If you want to criticize me for failing to whine about that phrasing be my guest.
There was only one Trump poll ever and that was it. Good (selective) memory Quash.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Selective hypocrisy, that's our quash.
whiterock
Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/
a true, but meaningless statistic. Every generation, thanks to population growth and inflation, is the beneficiary of a larger intergenerational transfer of wealth.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/
a true, but meaningless statistic. Every generation, thanks to population growth and inflation, is the beneficiary of a larger intergenerational transfer of wealth.
What was the transfer of wealth between the generations born in 1880 and 1910?
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

There was only one Trump poll ever and that was it. Good (selective) memory Quash.
You want to call me a hypocrite, not for taking different positions on identical issues based on party, but for merely pointing out a polling problem.

I don't take much stock in polls. If you want my opinion on a specific one you'll have to bring it to my attention. If there was certain day that certain company asked a certain question, and I didn't read it or respo0pnd to it in any way, then how the **** does that make me selective?

I have no idea what you are referring to. Apparently there was one that had poor phraseology?

Sorry, I didn't selectively ignore it because of the subject.

Be best.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

You want to call me a hypocrite, not for taking different positions on identical issues based on party, but for merely pointing out a polling problem.

I don't take much stock in polls. If you want my opinion on a specific one you'll have to bring it to my attention. If there was certain day that certain company asked a certain question, and I didn't read it or respo0pnd to it in any way, then how the **** does that make me selective?

I have no idea what you are referring to. Apparently there was one that had poor phraseology?

Be best.
That's a heck of a rant for someone calling you a "hypocrite" that didn't call you a "hypocrite". It's almost as though I hit a nerve with the word "selective".

Your a fart smeller, I mean smart fella, I bet you can remember polls in general that asked different questions like maybe approval ratings or general direction the country is being led.

Even though I never went to law school, I do understand not wanting to provide the other side with something that could be used in their favor. So, selective was the correct word. I just didn't realize how correct until I read your rant.

Simmer down.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
A&M has boomers, too, and they, like Baylor boomers and UT boomers and high school drop out boomers are beneficiaries of the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in human history
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
A&M has boomers, too, and they, like Baylor boomers and UT boomers and high school drop out boomers are beneficiaries of the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in human history
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Be best.
That's a heck of a rant for someone calling you a "hypocrite" that didn't call you a "hypocrite". It's almost as though I hit a nerve with the word "selective".

Your a fart smeller, I mean smart fella, I bet you can remember polls in general that asked different questions like maybe approval ratings or general direction the country is being led.

Even though I never went to law school, I do understand not wanting to provide the other side with something that could be used in their favor. So, selective was the correct word. I just didn't realize how correct until I read your rant.

Simmer down.
Tell me again which poll I missed. You plainly have something in mind or you wouldn't accuse me. Right?

I already told you I don't do polls. You seem to want to ignore that part for your game of gotcha. You didn't win yet, here's your second chance.

Which, by the way, you didn't give me. You shot first and aimed second.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong
So , you wanna speak to the manager, I guess ...
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Be best.

Simmer down.
Tell me again which poll I missed. You plainly have something in mind or you wouldn't accuse me. Right?

I already told you I don't do polls. You seem to want to ignore that part for your game of gotcha. You didn't win yet, here's your second chance.

you selected a poll (who would you vote for if yada yada yada). There are plenty of polls and always have been as you are fully aware. I wasn't selective, you were.

I didn't have a poll in mind. I just noted that you selected one. Was I mistaken or did you just stumble into the voter choice poll aimlessly? You don't typically show yourself as someone who post aimlessly.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong
So, you wanna keep living off your grandkids?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong
You have very poor aim, not even in the same state as 'true', hope you don't have firearms.
LIB,MR BEARS
TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Texasjeremy said:

EVENTS SCHEDULED SO FAR FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK (WILL UPDATE AS MORE ARE ANNOUNCED)

TUESDAY (5/4)
HOUSTON - PLANNING MEETING (DISTRICT 7)
8AM-9AM
19730 TX-249 - Minuti Coffee

WEDNESDAY (5/5)
HOUSTON - PLANNING MEETING (DISTRICT 17)
8AM-9:30AM
10821 S. Post Oak Rd. - Annie's Hamburgers

THURSDAY (5/6)
BURLESON - TNM MEET UP
6PM-8:30PM
12369 S. Freeway - Rudy's BBQ

SATURDAY (5/8)
CLIFTON - TNM MEET UP
6PM-8PM
621 W. 5th St. - Chicken Express Meeting Room

DESOTO - TNM FLAG WAVE
12PM-2:30PM
901 N. Polk St. - Disciple Central Community Church

SAN ANTONIO - ALAMO MEMORIAL MARCH
6:30PM-7:30PM
300 Alamo Plaza - The Alamo

The event I'm not seeing is "voice vote on the House floor". Until then everything else might as well be an ice cream social.
By that same measure, why do lawyers charge so dang much for two scoops if the only thing that matters is the jury's vote, sprinkles?
The sprinkles rest on the scoups.
True. And any vote on this will test on the work being performed now regardless of which way that vote goes.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Man up dude.

Not all/
Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong
You have very poor aim, not even in the same state as 'true', hope you don't have firearms.
Folks try to enter into a discussion with you and you just post what you think is witty, but no substance. You've posted good stuff from time to time, but rarer and rarer.
Here are your posts, nothing of substance:

Leave that to A&M
And
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
And:
And:
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong
Folks try to enter into a discussion with you and you just post what you think is witty, but no substance. You've posted good stuff from time to time, but rarer and rarer.

Leave that to A&M
And
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
And:
And:
Before virtue signaling, Oso, you might want to take a look at your posts and see what I getting at.

Say something once, fine. Twice, and you have emphasized your point. But go on over and over and you come off as a whiner who misses the big message.

Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong

Leave that to A&M
And
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
And:
And:
Before virtue signaling, Oso, you might want to take a look at your posts and see what I getting at.

Say something once, fine. Twice, and you have emphasized your point. But go on over and over and you come off as a whiner who misses the big message.
What is the big message?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Hence "as a generation"

Leave that to A&M
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
No. It's wrong

Leave that to A&M
And
Give it a rest, 'Karen'.
And:
And:

What is the big message?
You have to ask?

Every generation likes to think they are special or are owed something by previous/future generations, or so it seems,

Every generation faces unique conditions, a mix of opportunity and threat that people have to work through.

So attacking a generation is generally short-sighted and makes the attacker look petty.

That's one message.

That's just one
TexasScientist
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Texasjeremy said:

EVENTS SCHEDULED SO FAR FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK (WILL UPDATE AS MORE ARE ANNOUNCED)

TUESDAY (5/4)
8AM-9AM

WEDNESDAY (5/5)

THURSDAY (5/6)
BURLESON - TNM MEET UP

SATURDAY (5/8)
CLIFTON - TNM MEET UP
6PM-8PM

DESOTO - TNM FLAG WAVE

The event I'm not seeing is "voice vote on the House floor". Until then everything else might as well be an ice cream social.
By that same measure, why do lawyers charge so dang much for two scoops if the only thing that matters is the jury's vote, sprinkles?
True. And any vote on this will test on the work being performed now regardless of which way that vote goes.
Except there isn't going to be a vote. It's not getting out of State Affairs Committe in the House. That is where it is already dead. With only seven sponsors, it never had a chance of going anywhere but a committee to die.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

You didn't specify gross dollars or percapita, which matters given birth rates and immigration rates, but I'd imagine that give the transformation underway at the time of an agrarian society to an industrial society, it was greater than that which preceded it, and less than the one which succeeded it.

Don't you understand how many qualifiers there are to the system t you are making?
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Be best.

Simmer down.

you selected a poll (who would you vote for if yada yada yada). There are plenty of polls and always have been as you are fully aware. I wasn't selective, you were.

I didn't have a poll in mind. I just noted that you selected one. Was I mistaken or did you just stumble into the voter choice poll aimlessly? You don't typically show yourself as someone who post aimlessly.
I didn't select among polls, I gave an example. You decided there were more examples that I selectively ignored. You were wrong.
LIB,MR BEARS
TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Texasjeremy said:

TUESDAY (5/4)
8AM-9AM

WEDNESDAY (5/5)

THURSDAY (5/6)
BURLESON - TNM MEET UP

SATURDAY (5/8)
CLIFTON - TNM MEET UP
6PM-8PM

DESOTO - TNM FLAG WAVE

Except there isn't going to be a vote. It's not getting out of State Affairs Committe in the House. That is where it is already dead. With only seven sponsors, it never had a chance of going anywhere but a committe to die.
This time
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

You didn't specify gross dollars or percapita, which matters given birth rates and immigration rates, but I'd imagine that give the transformation underway at the time of an agrarian society to an industrial society, it was greater than that which preceded it, and less than the one which succeeded it.

Don't you understand how many qualifiers there are to the system t you are making?
In 1970, about 36% of federal spending, net of interest payments, was benefits to individualsSocial Security, Medicare and Medicaid (new programs at the time), unemployment compensation, means-tested welfare benefits. Benefits spending then grew mightily, roughly in tandem with deficit spending, and is now about 76% of spending, heading briskly toward 80%. Most of this spending has been placed on autopilot and is exempt from occasional spending-reduction initiatives and government closures.

Politicians and citizens have gradually discovered a powerful new principle of political economy: The government provides large numbers of voters with immediate personal benefits that greatly exceed what it charges in taxes, billing the difference to future generations.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

In 1970, about 36% of federal spending, net of interest payments, was benefits to individualsSocial Security, Medicare and Medicaid (new programs at the time), unemployment compensation, means-tested welfare benefits. Benefits spending then grew mightily, roughly in tandem with deficit spending, and is now about 76% of spending, heading briskly toward 80%. Most of this spending has been placed on autopilot and is exempt from occasional spending-reduction initiatives and government closures.

Politicians and citizens have gradually discovered a powerful new principle of political economy: The government provides large numbers of voters with immediate personal benefits that greatly exceed what it charges in taxes, billing the difference to future generations.
So you've ignored population growth and inflation, PLUS demographic shifts, and now you're conflating debt with wealth transfer.

Can you not see how such a disconnected argument does not support your assertion?
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

So you've ignored population growth and inflation, PLUS demographic shifts, and now you're conflating debt with wealth transfer.

Can you not see how such a disconnected argument does not support your assertion?
Who will pay the debt? Not the Boomers, but their heirs
quash
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

Maybe the Boomers will pay something. Biden keeps hinting at student loan forgiveness. Of course it won't be forgiven, it will be paid by those who did not apply for loans, who did not promise to repay the loans, who did not benefit from the loans.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

Maybe the Boomers will pay something. Biden keeps hinting at student loan forgiveness. Of course it won't be forgiven, it will be paid by those who did not apply for loans, who did not promise to repay the loans, who did not benefit from the loans.
It's a bank bailout disguised as virtue.
Booray
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

Link to your figures?
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

Link to your figures?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/americas-welfare-state-is-on-borrowed-time-11620238400?mod=opinion_lead_pos6

whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Man up dude.

Not all/

The federal debt is indeed untenable and the plan to pay it off is obvious and simple; it will be inflated away. Whenever that happens, it will harm the current generation, and benefit the future generation,.

Your argument also commits the rather elementary error of conflating entitlement spending with government budget deficit. The latter is quite a bit smaller than the former.

Social Security spending is current dollars, and runs a surplus. Not debt.
Other entitlements are spent on the poor, not the wealthy.

The "wealth transfer" argument is specious, at best. If you want to fix the budget, talking in abstractions like that is a loser. You'll need to hammer on specific programs that aren't working, and educate the public on the need to grow revenue by growing employment. But telling Boomers that they are the root of all the budget problems? Monumentally stupid. You need Boomers to vote FOR what you want to do, knucklehead.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v75n1/v75n1p1.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.