Texas Independence Referendum Act filed in Texas House

38,630 Views | 574 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasScientist
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

https://tnm.me/news/political/standing-room-only-at-texit-town-halls

Standing Room Only At TEXIT Town Halls

There is one absolute rule of thumb about the TEXIT Town Halls that are happening across Texas right now. If you want in, you'd better get there early.

New Braunfels
On January 18th, 2021, the New Braunfels Conservatives held a TEXIT Town Hall meeting that featured State Representative Kyle Biedermann and Texas Nationalist Movement President Daniel Miller. The meeting had more than 300 people in attendance, an overflow room for more, and dozens more had to be turned away at the door.

Orange County
On January 26th, 2021, Texas Nationalist Movement President Daniel Miller was the invited speaker for the regularly scheduled meeting of the Orange County Republican Party.

Limestone County
On February 2, 2021, the Limestone County Conservatives hosted a TEXIT Town Hall meeting featuring TNM President Daniel Miller. It was another overflow crowd and featured a lengthy Q&A.

More Events
TEXIT events are happening all over Texas right now. Speaking events, flag waves, and other outreach opportunities give you a chance to connect with the TNM and find out how you can help make TEXIT happen.

If you'd like to find out where we'll be next visit https://tnm.me/events

If you'd like to volunteer to help organize an event visit https://tnm.me/volunteer

If you are already part of an organization that would like to host someone from the TNM as a speaker visit https://tnm.me/speaker
What a waste of time. This going nowhere in the legislature, and even if Texas voted to leave the Union, it's not lawful to do so.
This whole thing is likely an operation by the group behind Q or some other entity trying to undermine the US and stir up another 1/6 in either DC or Austin when it becomes clear even to the dupes who now think this can and happen, absolutely will not happen.
Oh, boy. Maybe there are a lot of people who are tired to being ruled by unelected bureaucrats and an aloof political class thousands of miles away from Texas. It really is folly to dismiss people's legitimate political grievances and calling them "dupes" simply because you don't agree with their grievances or goals.
Yeah and this organization has been around for 25 years, but the worse the country gets the more momentum it gains. This legislative cycle is the first time that there have been State Representatives publicly speak out in favor of it (or at the very least, in favor of giving Texans the right to vote on it).

Just so my position on this is clear: if anyone on this site actually think TEXIT is a good idea, then F- you. You are a traitor and ungrateful for being blessed to live in the greatest country the world has ever known.

Booray, I posted this much earlier in the thread. I'd like your thoughts.

"This is not MY Republican Party

This is not MY Democratic Party

This is not MY Episcopal church

This is not MY Baylor University

This is not MY drug-addicted spouse

This is not MY America

All of the things listed above provide opportunities to change or influence them in a positive manner and while in a position of deeper involvement. However, at a certain point, individuals will decide for themselves that the point of positive influence no longer exist and it is time to exit that relationship. It doesn't mean that the love is gone but, it may mean that the disgust outweighs that love."

What do you think?

Two points.

First, I understand your point but think the premise is a severely flawed analogy. You can leave your marriage, but you can't make me leave mine. So if TEXITans want to break up, fine. Hit the road. Move to whatever Ayn Rand paradise you think is appropriate.

Second, those who are so fed up with America that they think such an earth-shattering change is necessary have no concept of how great their life is. They are the ones on opiates, not their spouse.
On your first point; if your the spouse and the other spouse wants out, ya that can make you leave yours. That's a 50/50 vote and you still don't get your way.

Regarding your second point, I'm not arguing how great the US had been and, by comparison to other nations, how great it still is. The US is still the shining example to the world. It hasn't been that many years since people were able to make the same statements regarding Venezuela and South America.

If you can provide serious answers, how far does the US need to fall before a warning flag is raised? Can serious discussions about secession be seen as a warning flag?

I had no idea that America was "falling?" Can you explain by objective measures what you mean by that?
Ig you tell me you think the country, overall is headed in the right direction, I will not bother wasting my time. If you tell me we are headed in the wrong direction, I'll make an effort this evening.
Hate to be wishy-washy, but I would honestly say we are treading water a the moment.

The short term is actually positive in my view. We produced a vaccine in record time and the inoculation program is speeding up. Our economy was strong before the pandemic. As bad as it has been, we have survived a pretty serious jolt with manageable damage. Technology and innovation are making our lives better.

Longer term presents more challenges: climate change is real and we are divided despite our relative prosperity, something I do not understand.
Oldbear83
"climate change is real "

Maybe. CO2 is inert, however, and has less to do with weather than AOC's bartending skills

98% of what comes out of politicians with regard to Climate Change is really 'Do What Government Tells You", and is not in our best interest.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash

America was already great. Count me an optimist, grateful for our strong civic institutions.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Friend in Amarillo paying over $0.14 per KWh for residential service.
Friend in Lubbock paying $0.11 per KWh.

Both are in SPP and experienced rolling blackouts.
There weren't any rolling blackouts in East Texas as I understand. It's been a while since I looked at rates, but I'll see what I can come up with when I get the chance.
I was there. There were rolling blackouts in the East grid part of E. Texas
whiterock
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah and this organization has been around for 25 years, but the worse the country gets the more momentum it gains. This legislative cycle is the first time that there have been State Representatives publicly speak out in favor of it (or at the very least, in favor of giving Texans the right to vote on it).

Just so my position on this is clear: if anyone on this site actually think TEXIT is a good idea, then F- you. You are a traitor and ungrateful for being blessed to live in the greatest country the world has ever known.

This is not MY America

All of the things listed above provide opportunities to change or influence them in a positive manner and while in a position of deeper involvement. However, at a certain point, individuals will decide for themselves that the point of positive influence no longer exist and it is time to exit that relationship. It doesn't mean that the love is gone but, it may mean that the disgust outweighs that love."

What do you think?

Two points.

First, I understand your point but think the premise is a severely flawed analogy. You can leave your marriage, but you can't make me leave mine. So if TEXITans want to break up, fine. Hit the road. Move to whatever Ayn Rand paradise you think is appropriate.

Second, those who are so fed up with America that they think such an earth-shattering change is necessary have no concept of how great their life is. They are the ones on opiates, not their spouse.
On your first point; if your the spouse and the other spouse wants out, ya that can make you leave yours. That's a 50/50 vote and you still don't get your way.

Regarding your second point, I'm not arguing how great the US had been and, by comparison to other nations, how great it still is. The US is still the shining example to the world. It hasn't been that many years since people were able to make the same statements regarding Venezuela and South America.

If you can provide serious answers, how far does the US need to fall before a warning flag is raised? Can serious discussions about secession be seen as a warning flag?

I had no idea that America was "falling?" Can you explain by objective measures what you mean by that?
Ig you tell me you think the country, overall is headed in the right direction, I will not bother wasting my time. If you tell me we are headed in the wrong direction, I'll make an effort this evening.
Hate to be wishy-washy, but I would honestly say we are treading water a the moment.

The short term is actually positive in my view. We produced a vaccine in record time and the inoculation program is speeding up. Our economy was strong before the pandemic. As bad as it has been, we have survived a pretty serious jolt with manageable damage. Technology and innovation are making our lives better.

Longer term presents more challenges: climate change is real and we are divided despite our relative prosperity, something I do not understand.
would threatening to leave cause you to work harder to understand?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

https://tnm.me/news/political/standing-room-only-at-texit-town-halls

Standing Room Only At TEXIT Town Halls

There is one absolute rule of thumb about the TEXIT Town Halls that are happening across Texas right now. If you want in, you'd better get there early.

New Braunfels
On January 18th, 2021, the New Braunfels Conservatives held a TEXIT Town Hall meeting that featured State Representative Kyle Biedermann and Texas Nationalist Movement President Daniel Miller. The meeting had more than 300 people in attendance, an overflow room for more, and dozens more had to be turned away at the door.

Orange County
On January 26th, 2021, Texas Nationalist Movement President Daniel Miller was the invited speaker for the regularly scheduled meeting of the Orange County Republican Party.

Limestone County
On February 2, 2021, the Limestone County Conservatives hosted a TEXIT Town Hall meeting featuring TNM President Daniel Miller. It was another overflow crowd and featured a lengthy Q&A.

More Events
TEXIT events are happening all over Texas right now. Speaking events, flag waves, and other outreach opportunities give you a chance to connect with the TNM and find out how you can help make TEXIT happen.

If you'd like to find out where we'll be next visit https://tnm.me/events

If you'd like to volunteer to help organize an event visit https://tnm.me/volunteer

If you are already part of an organization that would like to host someone from the TNM as a speaker visit https://tnm.me/speaker
What a waste of time. This going nowhere in the legislature, and even if Texas voted to leave the Union, it's not lawful to do so.
This whole thing is likely an operation by the group behind Q or some other entity trying to undermine the US and stir up another 1/6 in either DC or Austin when it becomes clear even to the dupes who now think this can and happen, absolutely will not happen.
Oh, boy. Maybe there are a lot of people who are tired to being ruled by unelected bureaucrats and an aloof political class thousands of miles away from Texas. It really is folly to dismiss people's legitimate political grievances and calling them "dupes" simply because you don't agree with their grievances or goals.

This is not MY America

What do you think?

Two points.

Relax young fellow. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. I reckon the rumors of its impending doom have been greatly exagerrated.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

Carlos Cruz said:

This is not MY America

What do you think?

Two points.

Relax young fellow. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. I reckon the rumors of its impending doom have been greatly exagerrated.
exactly. the science says the earth has been several degrees warmer, and colder, than it is today. the science says carbon levels have fluctuated similarly. And the science says the current warming trend began 15k years ago, long before man tamed fire. The idea that man is causing climate destruction that will end the earth as we know it if we don't act in 9 years (deadline keeps moving) is beyond tooth fairy nonsense.

The only thing even more preposterous is the idea that John Kerry, leading a nation which cannot balance its own budget, is going to construct an international regime of taxation and regulation to balance the climate with the able assistance of 199 other countries, most of which cannot deliver potable water and sanitary sewer to their respective populations.

This is nothing more than fearmongering to justify political controls over capitol.....to save the planet....that previous appeals to save the workers or save the women or save the customers from one capitalist ill or the other were never able to accomplish.

Cheap energy vs clean air is the mother of all false dilemmas.
Texasjeremy
UPDATED EVENTS SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEKEND

SATURDAY (2/27)
BOERNE - TNM Information Table
10AM-5PM
100 N. Main St. - Boerne Market Days

BURLESON - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
921 SW Wilshire Blvd. - Walmart

CANTON - Flag Wave
1PM-3PM
SH-19 & I-20 Overpass

CORSICANA - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
1977 W. 7th Ave. - Harbor Freight

GRANBURY - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
735 E. Hhy 337 - Walmart

MIDLOTHIAN - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
2040 FM 663 - SE Corner of Hwy 287 & FM 663

TOMBALL - Flag Wave
10AM-12PM
201 West Main St. - Tomball Farmer's Market

WACO - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
2409 New Rd. - Waco Harley Davidson

WEATHERFORD - TNM Information Booth
10AM-5PM
136C Santa Fe Dr. - Weatherford Trade Days

SUNDAY (2/28)
BOERNE - TNM Information Table
10AM-5PM
100 N. Main St. - Boerne Market Days

WEATHERFORD - TNM Information Booth
10AM-5PM
136C Santa Fe Dr. - Weatherford Trade Days

TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY EVENTS
TUESDAY (3/2)
AUSTIN - Flag Wave
12PM-2PM
1100 S. Congress Ave - Texas State Capitol

HOUSTON - Meet & Greet
6:30PM-8:30PM
22390 TX-249 - Los Cucos Mexico Cafe

SADLER - Meet & Greet
7PM-9PM
100 Main St. - Sadler Community Center
Texasjeremy
THIS WEEK

TUESDAY (3/2)
AUSTIN - Flag Wave
12PM-2PM
1100 S. Congress Ave - Texas State Capitol

HOUSTON - Meet & Greet
6:30PM-8:30PM
22390 TX-249 - Los Cucos Mexico Cafe

SADLER - Meet & Greet
7PM-9PM
100 Main St. - Sadler Community Center

WEDNESDAY (3/3)
HOUSTON - Meet & Greet
8:30AM-9:30AM
10821 South Post Oak Road - Annie's Hamburgers (RSVP Required by noon Tuesday)

THURSDAY (3/4)
Monthly Q&A with TNM President Daniel Miller
7:30PM-8:30PM

FRIDAY (3/5)
WACO - Information Booth
10AM-7PM
4601 Bosque Blvd. - Extraco Events Center

SATURDAY (3/6)
CLEBURNE - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
1663 W. Henderson St. - Corner of Nolan River Rd & Henderson

GRANBURY - Texas Independence Celebration
2PM-4PM
100 E. Pearl - Hood County Courthouse Gazebo

NEW BRAUNFELS - Information Booth
2PM-7PM
1791 Hueco Springs Loop Rd. - River Road Ice House

PASADENA - Information Booth
9AM-5PM
7902 Fairmont Pkwy - High Caliber Gun Show

RED OAK - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
777 I-35E - Near Oaks Church

RIO VISTA - Flag Wave
2:30PM-5:30PM
201 TX-174 - Children's Museum

ROCKPORT - Flag Wave
1PM-3PM
1500 E. Laurel St. - Rockport Fairgrounds

SAN ANGELO - Meet & Greet
5PM-6:30PM
3508 Knickerbocker Rd. - King Buffet

SHERMAN - Information Booth
9AM-6PM
2926 Texoma Pkwy - Blackbeard Armory & Range

TYLER - Meet & Greet
5:30PM-7:30PM
5810 S. Broadway Ave. - Spring Creek Barbeque

WACO - Information Booth
10AM-7PM

WHITNEY - Flag Wave
11AM-2PM
608 E. Jefferson - Exxon

SUNDAY (3/7)
WACO - Information Booth
10AM-7PM
Texasjeremy
UPDATE

Texas Independence Referendum Act (House Bill 1359) today received its first reading in the Texas House and has been assigned to the State Affairs Committee.
quash
Get back to me when it gets out of committee.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Booray
Texasjeremy said:

UPDATE

Texas Independence Referendum Act (House Bill 1359) today received its first reading in the Texas House and has been assigned to the State Affairs Committee.

This is certainly something legislators should be spending their time on. Can't think of anything more important.
EatMoreSalmon
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

There weren't any rolling blackouts in East Texas as I understand. It's been a while since I looked at rates, but I'll see what I can come up with when I get the chance.
Live in East Texas. Rolling blackouts have happened. Happened during the latest winter storm. Brown outs during the last 100 degree siege summer, although that was not as bad.
Osodecentx
EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Live in East Texas. Rolling blackouts have happened. Happened during the latest winter storm. Brown outs during the last 100 degree siege summer, although that was not as bad.
That part of Texas is regulated monopoly style electric rates and production, Entergy
quash
Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

That part of Texas is regulated monopoly style electric rates and production, Entergy

Except in the Swepco section.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Is that same thing as Green Stamps?
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

I can't find the part of SWEPCO outside of ERCOT that is rate deregulated
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

I'm not saying there is. I live in east Texas, too, but Entergy is not my provider.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

I'm not saying there is. I live in east Texas, too, but Entergy is not my provider.

I think they may be the ISO for the non-ERCOT part of E Texas. If you don't have Entergy, you have a co-op or muni
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

I think they may be the ISO for the non-ERCOT part of E Texas. If you don't have Entergy, you have a co-op or muni
All of Swepco in Texas is part of the Southwest Power Pool and is still regulated. That includes East/Northeast Texas. Entergy covers East/Southeast Texas.

Louise Romano
Il Texas sarabbe molto da solo. Sarebbe l'intera Unione Europa da sola. Dovreste pensare al resto del vostro paese portandovi al loro livello. Consente almeno un voto.
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

No, I have Swepco. It's neither Co-op nor a muni. It covers parts of Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas.
Texasjeremy
Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

UPDATE

This is certainly something legislators should be spending their time on. Can't think of anything more important.
Agreed. I also can't think of anything more important than ones freedom & independence.
Texasjeremy
quash said:

Nobody is forcing you to keep coming back to this thread.
Texasjeremy
EVENTS SCHEDULES SO FAR FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK (WILL UPDATE AS MORE ARE ANNOUNCED)

WEDNESDAY (3/10)
HOUSTON - WEEKLY MEETING (DISTRICT 17)
8AM-9:30AM
10821 S. Post Oak - Annie's Hamburgers

SATURDAY (3/13)
CORSICANA - FLAG WAVE
11AM-2PM
3801 TX-31 - Walmart

GRANBURY - FLAG WAVE
11AM-2PM
3500 Fall Creek Hwy - Front of Acton Cemetery

HILLSBORO - FLAG WAVE
11AM-2PM
1402 Corsicana Hwy - Corner of Corsicana Hwy & I-35 Service Road

LAKE JACKSON - FLAG WAVE
11AM-1PM
121 TX-322 - Walmart

LONGVIEW - MEET & GREET
6PM-8PM
110 Triple Creek Dr. - Posados

ROCKDALE - GUEST SPEAKER (TNM PRESIDENT DANIEL MILLER)
3PM-5PM
1894 FM 2116 - Rockdale Country Club

SAN ANGELO - FLAG WAVE
12PM-3PM
301 W. Beauregard Ave - City Hall Annex

SAN ANTONIO - Alamo Memorial March
6:30PM-7:30PM
300 Alamo Plaza - The Alamo

TEMPLE - FLAG WAVE
1PM-3PM
6788 W. Adams Ave - Front of McDonalds

WAXAHACHIE - FLAG WAVE
11AM-2PM
1315 N. Hwy 77 - Home Depot
quash
Texasjeremy said:

quash said:

Trying to get promoted to Maj. Obvious?
Texasjeremy
quash said:

Texasjeremy said:

quash said:

Trying to get promoted to Maj. Obvious?

I know if I see a thread I am not interested in, I ignore it.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

All of Swepco in Texas is part of the Southwest Power Pool and is still regulated. That includes East/Northeast Texas. Entergy covers East/Southeast Texas.

Thanks. I did not know.

There are a number of electric co-ops in the Swepco service area.
Booray
Texasjeremy said:

Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

UPDATE

Agreed. I also can't think of anything more important than ones freedom & independence.

This is an exercise in stupidity. Pretending Texans lack freedom and independence is on brand for the group and you
D. C. Bear
Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

Booray said:

Texasjeremy said:

UPDATE

This is an exercise in stupidity. Pretending Texans lack freedom and independence is on brand for the group and you

That is worth repeating.
Thee University
Let the people decide. I'm very interested in how this might look.

I'm on board so far. I can't stomach any longer what Washington D.C. has wrought. It is not going to get any better and those that continue to put up with the rapidly declining of America are delusional on the Joe Biden level.

TEXIT

Wrecks Quan Dough
Wanting to not be governed by Washington D.C. does not make one stoooooppppid.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Louise Romano said:

Il Texas sarabbe molto da solo. Sarebbe l'intera Unione Europa da sola. Dovreste pensare al resto del vostro paese portandovi al loro livello. Consente almeno un voto.
Yep. What Louise said!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
Thee University said:

I'm on board so far. I can't stomach any longer what Washington D.C. has wrought. It is not going to get any better and those that continue to put up with the rapidly declining of America are delusional on the Joe Biden level.

TEXIT

When it fails what country will you move to?
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Thee University said:

TEXIT

When it fails what country will you move to?
Elm Mott.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.