Texas Independence Referendum Act filed in Texas House

38,449 Views | 574 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasScientist
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Thee University said:

Let the people decide. I'm very interested in how this might look.

I'm on board so far. I can't stomach any longer what Washington D.C. has wrought. It is not going to get any better and those that continue to put up with the rapidly declining of America are delusional on the Joe Biden level.

TEXIT

When it fails what country will you move to?
I'm staying right here where I am dug in like a tick.

Texas will succeed and secede! Hide and watch.
Oldbear83
Thee University said:

quash said:

Thee University said:

I'm on board so far. I can't stomach any longer what Washington D.C. has wrought. It is not going to get any better and those that continue to put up with the rapidly declining of America are delusional on the Joe Biden level.

TEXIT

I'm staying right here where I am dug in like a tick.

Texas will succeed and secede! Hide and watch.
Isn't it the career politicians who are the blood-sucking parasites?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
quash said:

Thee University said:

TEXIT

Nah
He and this group will claim the election was stolen.
Thee University
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Thee University said:

TEXIT

Nah
Hey numb-nuts.............its not an election.

Osodecentx
Thee University said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Thee University said:

TEXIT

Nah
Hey numb-nuts.............its not an election.

You said "Let the people decide"

When they decide "No", you'll claim it was stolen
PartyBear
It wont get far enough for there to even be a vote. It would be illegal anyway. Again this was all settled back during the Lincoln Administration.
Wrecks Quan Dough
PartyBear said:

It would be illegal anyway. Again this was all settled back during the Lincoln Administration.
You are missing the point that revolt against a purported sovereign is almost always illegal and often times successful. There is a reason that there is South Sudan today.
Oldbear83
PartyBear said:

It wont get far enough for there to even be a vote. It would be illegal anyway. Again this was all settled back during the Lincoln Administration.
It used to be illegal for Black people to vote.

The law changes, it does.
Booray
Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

It would be illegal anyway. Again this was all settled back during the Lincoln Administration.
You are missing the point that revolt against a purported sovereign is almost always illegal and often times successful. There is a reason that there is South Sudan today.
yes, the reason is that Sudan is not the greatest place to live ever. The United States is.

Do you seriously think that an illegal armed revolt aimed at secession could happen and, if it did, there is any chance of success? That sort of thinking leads to David Koresh/Ruby Ridge/Timothy McVeigh/January 6 results.
PartyBear
Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

yes, the reason is that Sudan is not the greatest place to live ever. The United States is.

Do you seriously think that an illegal armed revolt at secession could happen and, if it did, there is any chance of success? That sort of thinking leads to David Koresh/Ruby Ridge/Timothy McVeigh/January 6 results.
Booray I think a good number of the posters here are already at the Koresh/Ruby Ridge/McVeigh/Jan 6th area.
LIB,MR BEARS
Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Do you seriously think that an illegal armed revolt at secession could happen and, if it did, there is any chance of success? That sort of thinking leads to David Koresh/Ruby Ridge/Timothy McVeigh/January 6 results.
Oldbear83
Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Do you seriously think that an illegal armed revolt aimed at secession could happen and, if it did, there is any chance of success? That sort of thinking leads to David Koresh/Ruby Ridge/Timothy McVeigh/January 6 results.
It worked when a bunch of farmers and lawyers in New England did it back in the 18th Century

As for your chosen icons, they do not represent popular mood, but were simply self-absorbed narcissists. Kind of important to note the difference.

The federal government is, by broad consensus, corrupt, ineffective and does not give a damn about ordinary people. That has a number of historical precedents, none of them boding well for the political class.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Who is talking about armed revolt? Good grief. I am talking about a political solution to a political problem. Nobody has to get hurt.

Sudan sucks because of Islam and corruption. Our federal government sucks because of corruption and its loose from its moorings.
Booray
Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Who is talking about armed revolt? Good grief. I am talking about a political solution to a political problem. Nobody has to get hurt.

Sudan sucks because of Islam and corruption. Our federal government sucks because of corruption and its loose from its moorings.
Then you are thinking that Texas and the United States are going to negotiate a secession? Really?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Then you are thinking that Texas and the United States are going to negotiate a secession? Really?
Worked for Britain.
LIB,MR BEARS
Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Worked for Britain.
Hong Kong
Panama Canal
Brexit
Louisiana Purchase
Alaska
TX>US

I'm sure a google search would render many, many more. That's what just popped in my head.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Oh yes.........honest Abe. Sacrificed 600,000+ lives.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Booray I think a good number of the posters here are already at the Koresh/Ruby Ridge/McVeigh/Jan 6th area.

You two qualify as charter members of the Dr. Rachel Levine Club.

Texasjeremy
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Worked for Britain.
Hong Kong
Panama Canal
Brexit
Louisiana Purchase
Alaska
TX>US

I'm sure a google search would render many, many more. That's what just popped in my head.

At the end of World War II, there were 54 recognized countries the world, today there are 195. The earth didn't get any bigger, areas split off to form their own country fairly often.
Thee University
It boggles the mind that so many folks enjoy grabbing their ankles expecting that lawyer/politician to whisper "I love you" in their ear before commencing to pummel your keisters.
whiterock
Carlos Cruz said:

Booray said:

Carlos Cruz said:

PartyBear said:

Sudan also sucks for other reasons, too. The climate makes Lubbock look like the garden of Eden. Khartoum is called "BrownTown" for a reason.
Booray
Seemed like the right thread to post this:

https://thechive.com/2021/03/09/thats-so-texas-39-photos/
TexasScientist
Texasjeremy said:

quash said:

Texasjeremy said:

quash said:

Get back to me when it gets out of committee.
Nobody is forcing you to keep coming back to this thread.

Trying to get promoted to Maj. Obvious?

I know if I see a thread I am not interested in, I ignore it.
I predict it will never get out of the Calendars Committee.
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

Osodecentx said:

Friend in Amarillo paying over $0.14 per KWh for residential service.
Friend in Lubbock paying $0.11 per KWh.

Both are in SPP and experienced rolling blackouts.
There weren't any rolling blackouts in East Texas as I understand. It's been a while since I looked at rates, but I'll see what I can come up with when I get the chance.
Live in East Texas. Rolling blackouts have happened. Happened during the latest winter storm. Brown outs during the last 100 degree siege summer, although that was not as bad.
That part of Texas is regulated monopoly style electric rates and production, Entergy

Except in the Swepco section.

I can't find the part of SWEPCO outside of ERCOT that is rate deregulated

I'm not saying there is. I live in east Texas, too, but Entergy is not my provider.

I think they may be the ISO for the non-ERCOT part of E Texas. If you don't have Entergy, you have a co-op or muni
All of Swepco in Texas is part of the Southwest Power Pool and is still regulated. That includes East/Northeast Texas. Entergy covers East/Southeast Texas.

Thanks. I did not know.

There are a number of electric co-ops in the Swepco service area.
Yes. I had some old data on rates that I can't find. I'm going to try another source, but the last I saw those In the SPP or at least on regulated Swepco had lower rates than ERCOT. That may have changed in the last two or three years, so I'm trying to find an updated source.
quash
My Swepco rates are:
May-October 7.2266 cents per kWh
November to April 5.3589 for the first 600 kWh
4.3789 for each add'l kWh
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Texasjeremy
UPDATE

Yesterday more state reps joined Kyle Biedermann on HB1359.

PRIMARY AUTHOR
Kyle Biedermann (R-Fredericksburg)

JOINT AUTHOR
James White (R-Woodville)

CO-AUTHORS
Jeff Cason (R-Bedford)
Bryan Slaton (R-Royse City)
Phil Stephenson (R-Wharton)
Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands)
quash
Texasjeremy said:

UPDATE

Yesterday more state reps joined Kyle Biedermann on HB1359.

PRIMARY AUTHOR
Kyle Biedermann (R-Fredericksburg)

JOINT AUTHOR
James White (R-Woodville)

CO-AUTHORS
Jeff Cason (R-Bedford)
Bryan Slaton (R-Royse City)
Phil Stephenson (R-Wharton)
Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands)
At this point that's not a lot. SB 1416 was introduced yesterday and already has 11 authors.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Texasjeremy
https://texascpac.org/2021/03/02/texan-for-true-conservatives-announces-support-for-texas-independence-referendum/

Texans for True Conservatives PAC announces support for Texas Independence Referendum

On the 185th anniversary of Texas Independence, the Texans for True Conservatives PAC has announced that it will be supporting The Texas Independence Referendum Act (H.B. 1359) filed in the Texas Legislature by Republican Kyle Biedermann from Texas House District 73.

"Texans believe Washington, D.C. is irrevocably broken and corrupt. For too many years, federal overreach into the average Texan's liberty and freedoms have gone unchecked. In recent polling, the evidence is clear that the average Texan has reached the point where the overwhelming majority believe that Texas and Texans would be better served if Texas were to negotiate a 'Brexit-styled' negotiated separation," stated Texans for True Conservatives PAC founder and director, David Thomas Roberts.

H.B. 1359 does not call for the immediate separation from the United States but asks the legislature to place a referendum on the ballot next November for Texans to determine whether Texas should once again become an independent Republic.

"This is just the first step in a long process to achieve a new Republic of Texas. Even those legislators who may disagree with separation should not cloud their judgment whether Texans have the inalienable and God-given right to self-determination," added Roberts.

On the question of whether Texas could survive as an independent nation, Texas's GDP is larger than Russia, Canada, Korea, Mexico, Spain, and Australia and would rank as the 10th largest in the world using 2019 GDP data.

Asked about the legal question of a negotiated separation, Roberts said, "Texas independence is not a legal question; it's a political question. We've seen how political forces have changed the global landscape, sometimes seemingly overnight. From the fall of the Berlin wall to recent successful Brexit question in Great Britain."

"Texans feel disenfranchised. A final straw for many Texans occurred when Texas' electoral college votes were effectively canceled out by other states' highly questionable voter integrity processes. Additional disappointment in the Supreme Court ruling claiming Texas has 'no standing' in that cancellation of their electoral college votes have incensed many. To add insult, Texans are staring at funding financially irresponsible broken Democratic cities and states under the guise of Covid-19 relief with their hard-earned tax dollars. Texans have simply had enough of D.C. and the federal behemoth," added Roberts.

Our PAC will be massing the support of Texas legislators during this session. The PAC has a conservative pledge that certain candidates and legislators have taken and ultimately determines the gravity of support for (or against) current legislators. We fully expect our legislators who have taken the Conservative Pledge to fulfill their commitment to the ultimate resolution to Texas sovereignty by signing on and voting for H.B. 1359 and to sponsor a companion bill in the Texas Senate."
quash
Texasjeremy said:

https://texascpac.org/2021/03/02/texan-for-true-conservatives-announces-support-for-texas-independence-referendum/

Texans for True Conservatives PAC announces support for Texas Independence Referendum

On the 185th anniversary of Texas Independence, the Texans for True Conservatives PAC has announced that it will be supporting The Texas Independence Referendum Act (H.B. 1359) filed in the Texas Legislature by Republican Kyle Biedermann from Texas House District 73.

"Texans believe Washington, D.C. is irrevocably broken and corrupt. For too many years, federal overreach into the average Texan's liberty and freedoms have gone unchecked. In recent polling, the evidence is clear that the average Texan has reached the point where the overwhelming majority believe that Texas and Texans would be better served if Texas were to negotiate a 'Brexit-styled' negotiated separation," stated Texans for True Conservatives PAC founder and director, David Thomas Roberts.

H.B. 1359 does not call for the immediate separation from the United States but asks the legislature to place a referendum on the ballot next November for Texans to determine whether Texas should once again become an independent Republic.

"This is just the first step in a long process to achieve a new Republic of Texas. Even those legislators who may disagree with separation should not cloud their judgment whether Texans have the inalienable and God-given right to self-determination," added Roberts.

On the question of whether Texas could survive as an independent nation, Texas's GDP is larger than Russia, Canada, Korea, Mexico, Spain, and Australia and would rank as the 10th largest in the world using 2019 GDP data.

Asked about the legal question of a negotiated separation, Roberts said, "Texas independence is not a legal question; it's a political question. We've seen how political forces have changed the global landscape, sometimes seemingly overnight. From the fall of the Berlin wall to recent successful Brexit question in Great Britain."

"Texans feel disenfranchised. A final straw for many Texans occurred when Texas' electoral college votes were effectively canceled out by other states' highly questionable voter integrity processes. Additional disappointment in the Supreme Court ruling claiming Texas has 'no standing' in that cancellation of their electoral college votes have incensed many. To add insult, Texans are staring at funding financially irresponsible broken Democratic cities and states under the guise of Covid-19 relief with their hard-earned tax dollars. Texans have simply had enough of D.C. and the federal behemoth," added Roberts.

Our PAC will be massing the support of Texas legislators during this session. The PAC has a conservative pledge that certain candidates and legislators have taken and ultimately determines the gravity of support for (or against) current legislators. We fully expect our legislators who have taken the Conservative Pledge to fulfill their commitment to the ultimate resolution to Texas sovereignty by signing on and voting for H.B. 1359 and to sponsor a companion bill in the Texas Senate."
Basing their support on the Big Lie? Bold move.
Sam Lowry
Clowns can't keep the lights on, so let's give them a promotion. Only in Texas.
jupiter
Quote:

Texans feel disenfranchised

So Republicans basically have to deal with, in one election, what Libertarians have to deal with in every election? An election where Republicans actually picked up seats in many places?

Thee University
Once we drop out from under Emperor Rule will we be able to deport the deplorables?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
TexasScientist
Texasjeremy said:

There's no basis for the U.S. government to even start to negotiate or discuss with Texas its withdrawal from the Union. It's well established the Union is indivisible. HB 1359 will die in committee.
Texasjeremy
EVENTS SCHEDULED SO FAR FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK (WILL UPDATE AS MORE ARE ANNOUNCED)

MONDAY (3/15)
CONROE - GUEST SPEAKER (TNM PRESIDENT DANIEL MILLER)
6PM-8PM
3525 N. Frazier St. - Southern Star Brewery

WEDNESDAY (3/17)
HOUSTON - WEEKLY MEETING (DISTRICT 17)
8AM-9:30AM
10821 S. Post Oak - Annie's Hamburgers

THURSDAY (3/18)
AUSTIN - TNM ACTION DAY
8AM-5PM
1100 S. Congress Ave. - Texas State Capitol

BURLESON - MEET UP
6:30PM-8:30PM
225 E. Renfro St. - Ol' South Pancake House

DENTON - FLAG WAVE
6PM-7PM
2800 Pennsylvania - Lifeline Church (Denton County Republican Party CEC Meeting)

SATURDAY (3/20)
CHINA SPRING - FLAG WAVE
11AM-2PM
10300 China Spring Rd - Front of Shipley's Donut Strip Mall

ENNIS - FLAG WAVE
11AM-2PM
700 E. Ennis Ave - Walmart

HOUSTON - MEET UP
12313 Katy Freeway - Pappy's Cafe

WHITNEY - INFORMATION BOOTH
10AM-5PM
200 N. Brazos St. - Chick's and Salsa Event

WHITNEY - MEET UP
4PM-5PM
670 Fort Graham Rd - The Place

SUNDAY (3/21)
SUGARLAND - GUEST SPEAKER (TNM PRESIDENT DANIEL MILLER)
3PM-6PM
2711 Plaza Dr. - Sugarland Town Square
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Texasjeremy said:

There's no basis for the U.S. government to even start to negotiate or discuss with Texas its withdrawal from the Union. It's well established the Union is indivisible. HB 1359 will die in committee.

This, Generalisimo Santa Anna hath spoken.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.