Chauvin. What say you?

34,125 Views | 535 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Oldbear83
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearTruth13 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amy Pagitt said:

When Baylor chooses to deny health insurance coverage to same-sex spouses because it does not believe it reflects the Biblical view of marriage, I assume Baylor also denies coverage to previously-divorced spouses as well. Surely.

The overarching point of my tweet was to point out the hypocrisy of Baylor people who would justify extrajudicial murder by blaming the victim but then use Jesus and the Bible to justify exclusion.

Baylor doesn't have to condone homosexuality, and Baylor doesn't have to recognize homesexual marriages. I just think it's crappy policy for a Christian institution to tacitly say to people "We think you are sinning and will probably suffer eternal damnation THEREFORE we are going to make sure we don't provide you with healthcare coverage that would enable you to live a longer life and have more time to repent."

I'll get back to tweeting, now (which takes mere seconds), and leave the message board rants to y'all. Also, I have one son and one daughter, and I appreciate the implication that the sole purpose of my existence is to engage with them and stay off the internet EVEN WHEN they're asleep or at school.
I must assume based on your post that you would support Baylor if they decided to deny spousal benefits to previously divorced spouses. Surely.

Earlier you said that Baylor didn't have to condone same-sex marriage to provide spousal benefits to same-sex couples. For Baylor to provide spousal benefits for same-sex couples would require them to condone those relationships. That's what "condone" means.

Good luck with your Tweeting. I hope that it brings you the fulfilment you seek.
I liked how she made several tweets about the evils of Christians and wealth while she is neighbors with Scott Drew.
Having wealth and squishy soft/revisionist views on Christian sexual ethics seem to go hand in hand.

Never heard any girls in my small and economically poor hometown make excuses for how homosexuality or other sexual vices where ok morally.

Soon as I got to Baylor and was around rich girls from DWF/Houston the "oh so you think homosexuality is morally wrong? What are you some kind of backwards bigot?" stuff started to come out.

A lot of rich pampered white girls get extremely offended if you don't tow the modern liberal line about sexuality.
BearTruth13
Redbrickbear said:

BearTruth13 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amy Pagitt said:

When Baylor chooses to deny health insurance coverage to same-sex spouses because it does not believe it reflects the Biblical view of marriage, I assume Baylor also denies coverage to previously-divorced spouses as well. Surely.

The overarching point of my tweet was to point out the hypocrisy of Baylor people who would justify extrajudicial murder by blaming the victim but then use Jesus and the Bible to justify exclusion.

Baylor doesn't have to condone homosexuality, and Baylor doesn't have to recognize homesexual marriages. I just think it's crappy policy for a Christian institution to tacitly say to people "We think you are sinning and will probably suffer eternal damnation THEREFORE we are going to make sure we don't provide you with healthcare coverage that would enable you to live a longer life and have more time to repent."

I'll get back to tweeting, now (which takes mere seconds), and leave the message board rants to y'all. Also, I have one son and one daughter, and I appreciate the implication that the sole purpose of my existence is to engage with them and stay off the internet EVEN WHEN they're asleep or at school.
I must assume based on your post that you would support Baylor if they decided to deny spousal benefits to previously divorced spouses. Surely.

Earlier you said that Baylor didn't have to condone same-sex marriage to provide spousal benefits to same-sex couples. For Baylor to provide spousal benefits for same-sex couples would require them to condone those relationships. That's what "condone" means.

Good luck with your Tweeting. I hope that it brings you the fulfilment you seek.
I liked how she made several tweets about the evils of Christians and wealth while she is neighbors with Scott Drew.
Having wealth and squishy soft/revisionist views on Christian sexual ethics seem to go hand in hand.

Never heard any girls in my small and economically poor hometown make excuses for how homosexuality or other sexual vices where ok morally.

Soon as I got to Baylor and was around rich girls from DWF/Houston the "oh so you think homosexuality is morally wrong? What are you some kind of backwards bigot?" stuff started to come out.

A lot of rich pampered white girls get extremely offended if you don't tow the modern liberal line about sexuality.

They live a charmed life and don't have to fret as much about everyday problems. More time to get outraged all day. It's a full time job.
Thee University
bubbadog said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

BearN said:

Former staff taking screenshots from this thread and posting it on Twitter:

She was right.

It was disgusting.

2. Passing counterfeit money is against the law. Had he paid with a real $20 none of this would have happened.
Just an fyi on this point, in case it makes any difference: The store clerk testified that he did not believe Floyd knew the bill was counterfeit.
Does that mean the clerk could have prevented this whole thing had he just shut up about the fake bill?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
br53
I don't know if he's guilty or not but he's going to jail.
bubbadog
Thee University said:

bubbadog said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

BearN said:

She was right.

It was disgusting.

2. Passing counterfeit money is against the law. Had he paid with a real $20 none of this would have happened.
Just an fyi on this point, in case it makes any difference: The store clerk testified that he did not believe Floyd knew the bill was counterfeit.
Does that mean the clerk could have prevented this whole thing had he just shut up about the fake bill?
From what I recall of his testimony, the clerk actually regrets that he brought this to his boss's attention. At one point, he said he thought about replacing the bogus $20 with one out of his own wallet. Apparently, he told the boss, and the boss had a different clerk call the police.

No, I don't believe this is the clerk's fault, if that was where your question was heading. And no business is obliged to accept a counterfeit bill. The boss had no way of knowing that calling the police would lead to them killing Floyd.

But I see case after case where people who called the police then blamed themselves when something happened. I'm thinking, for example, of the neighbor who saw lights on and the front door open at a woman's house after midnight and called the police to do a "wellness check" to make sure she was OK. It turned out she had playing video games with her nephew. But instead of coming to the door, the cop went to the window and looked in. The woman saw a stranger at the window -- cop didn't identify himself -- and tried to get her legally registered gun to protect herself; whereupon, the cop opened fire and killed her. After that, the old man who was her neighbor said he had learned a bitter lesson and never call the police again in such a situation.
Thee University
George Truett said:

I'm not crying about anything. You said nothing before that about Chauvin.

And I believe in personal responsibility.

And I certainly wasn't saying Floyd had any responsibility at all. We were talking about the trial, and your points are still irrelevant to the trial.

Nice try to evade responsibility on the personal attack. You didn't just say 66,000 tweets. You had to follow it up by making a snide remark about how much time she spends with her kids. That was the inappropriate part. You owe her an apology for that.
George I've not treated you well in the past. That is true. I don't respect you based on your posting You are a Baylor grad so you got that going for you.

You are a little cry baby from what I have watched and read about. That's OK. The world needs cry babies too!

This original post was up 2 days before I put up my thoughts. George Floyd effectively killed himself. It's real simple.

Obey the law!!!!!

If a cop tells me to get out of the car with hands up I'm stretched to the limit reaching for the stars.
If a cop tells me to get on my knees I'm going to bust my kneecaps.
If a cop tells me to get in the back seat of the squad car I'm going to bust out his window diving into that back seat.
If a cop asks me a question I am going to readily answer him and end the response with sir.
Since it is against the law to do meth, I don't do meth.
Since it is against the law to snort cocaine, I don't snort cocaine.
Since it is against the law to do fentanyl and it can easily kill you, I don't do fentanyl.

What is so difficult about that?

I've been around long enough to know that being a police officer is a high stress, low pay job for what they are being asked to do. I respect their choice of career and understand they may be sometimes intimidated by certain situations and are therefore susceptible to dealing with high stress situations with a little or lot more muscle. People might get roughed up a bit if they are belligerent.

I did not personally "attack" anybody. My post here on a Baylor sports bulletin board was cut and pasted without my consent on a tweet. It was then commented on by the person who stole it and also some tweeters who were no way the intended readers. If I tweeted I would tweet with a different tone.

To top it off, you George Truett, in one of your patented hissy fits, thought you might get to my by putting my real first name into a post for all to see. I've never used any poster's real name on this board or BF.com. I abided by an honor system of keeping this great bulletin board somewhat incognito which proves to encourage much more robust and exciting posts.

The difference is tweeters want to be recognized. They want to have their egos stroked. They want to feel important. Look at me!!!!

I'm not apologizing for anything. I did nothing wrong. If a mother of two wants to tweet 100,000 times have at it. I won't be reading it because I don't tweet. Tweeting? Just the word tweet sounds so........so.........so......oh never mind.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Redbrickbear
Thee University said:

George Truett said:

And I certainly wasn't saying Floyd had any responsibility at all. We were talking about the trial, and your points are still irrelevant to the trial.

Nice try to evade responsibility on the personal attack. You didn't just say 66,000 tweets. You had to follow it up by making a snide remark about how much time she spends with her kids. That was the inappropriate part. You owe her an apology for that.
George I've not treated you well in the past. That is true. I don't respect you based on your posting You are a Baylor grad so you got that going for you.

You are a little cry baby from what I have watched and read about. That's OK. The world needs cry babies too!

This original post was up 2 days before I put up my thoughts. George Floyd effectively killed himself. It's real simple.

Obey the law!!!!!

If a cop tells me to get out of the car with hands up I'm stretched to the limit reaching for the stars.
If a cop tells me to get in the back seat of the squad car I'm going to bust out his window diving into that back seat.
If a cop asks me a question I am going to readily answer him and end the response with sir.
Since it is against the law to do fentanyl and it can easily kill you, I don't do fentanyl.

I've been around long enough to know that being a police officer is a high stress, low pay job for what they are being asked to do. I respect their choice of career and understand they may be sometimes intimidated by certain situations and are therefore susceptible to dealing with high stress situations with a little or lot more muscle. People might get roughed up a bit if they are belligerent.

I did not personally "attack" anybody. My post here on a Baylor sports bulletin board was cut and pasted without my consent on a tweet. It was then commented on by the person who stole it and also some tweeters who were no way the intended readers. If I tweeted I would tweet with a different tone.

To top it off, you George Truett, in one of your patented hissy fits, thought you might get to me by putting my real first name into a post for all to see. I've never used any poster's real name on this board or BF.com. I abided by an honor system of keeping this great bulletin board somewhat incognito which proves to encourage much more robust and exciting posts.

The difference is tweeters want to be recognized. They want to have their egos stroked. They want to feel important. Look at me!!!!

I'm not apologizing for anything. I did nothing wrong. If a mother of two wants to tweet 100,000 times have at it. I won't be reading it because I don't tweet. Tweeting? Just the word tweet sounds so........so.........so......oh never mind.
That is a very good point.

People can argue on here all they want. They can share whatever views they want.

But doxing peoples real names is beyond a low thing to do.

I personally know who several posters on here are in real life and of course know their names.

I would never in a million years use their real names on this site and dox them.

That is something that should get you banned from this site. And not only that its just a low down dirty hateful thing to do to professional people over mere political disagreements.

It takes butthurt to a new level.

saykay
BearTruth13 said:

Redbrickbear said:

BearTruth13 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amy Pagitt said:

They live a charmed life and don't have to fret as much about everyday problems. More time to get outraged all day. It's a full time job.

This ain't it, chief.
~Regretfully Yours, The Pronoun Lady~
Whiskey Pete
Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

To top it off, you George Truett, in one of your patented hissy fits, thought you might get to me by putting my real first name into a post for all to see. I've never used any poster's real name on this board or BF.com. I abided by an honor system of keeping this great bulletin board somewhat incognito which proves to encourage much more robust and exciting posts.

People can argue on here all they want. They can share whatever views they want.

I personally know who several posters on here are in real life and of course know their names.

I would never in a million years use their real names on this site and dox them.

That is something that should get you banned from this site. And not only that its just a low down dirty hateful thing to do to professional people over mere political disagreements.

I think using someone's real name should immediately get them banned from the site.
saykay
Rawhide said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

I think using someone's real name should immediately get them banned from the site.

Oh... gotcha... so you mean we should hold someone accountable for their actions that hurt the feelings of other people who post anonymously in an attempt to never have to be held accountable for their own. Cool cool cool.
Oldbear83
saykay said:

Rawhide said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

Oh... gotcha... so you mean we should hold someone accountable for their actions that hurt the feelings of other people who post anonymously in an attempt to never have to be held accountable for their own. Cool cool cool.
Written like someone who never attended an Ethics class ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
nein51
Doxxing is never ok.

To be honest I feel like the copy/paste and tweet thing is pretty low as well.
D. C. Bear
saykay said:

BearTruth13 said:

Redbrickbear said:

BearTruth13 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amy Pagitt said:

This ain't it, chief.

Who stole this username? The previous poster who had it signed off in a bit of a huff some time ago.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Amy Pagitt said:

Divorce and remarriage is permissible in Christianity, albeit under certain conditions. Yes, if the divorce does not meet certain conditions, then Jesus said remarriage is a sin. But the biblical model of marriage of man with woman is still present in that situation, albeit in sin, and recognizing the "spouse" in that relationship would not require a defiance of the biblical model of marriage, as it would if it were a same sex couple. So Baylor is being consistent here.

You wrote, "The overarching point of my tweet was to point out the hypocrisy of Baylor people who would justify extrajudicial murder by blaming the victim but then use Jesus and the Bible to justify exclusion.". Aside from the fact that no one here is justifying murder, but merely expressing the opinion that Floyd's heavily flawed actions contributed to his own death - how exactly is this opinion "hypocritical" vis-a-vis the use of Jesus and the bible regarding the biblical model of marriage? Your overarching point isn't making much sense.

You said, "I just think it's crappy policy for a Christian institution to tacitly say to people "We think you are sinning and will probably suffer eternal damnation THEREFORE we are going to make sure we don't provide you with healthcare coverage that would enable you to live a longer life and have more time to repent." Do you usually have to create a strawman like this, by creating a ridiculous parody of what is being said into what you WANT them to be saying, in order to argue your point? Are you channeling your inner Adam Schiff? If so, your argumentation is incredibly weak and rather stupid, I honestly have to say.
Thee University
When I saw he had named me (for whatever reason he wants to claim) I sent a note to the moderators asking if this is something we can do now. I wanted to play by the rules.

I did not ask for that post to be deleted and it was probably only up for an hour or two but it was taken down by the mods which impressed me. They run a clean and fair ship and because of this I want to play by their rules.

It was also obvious that the moderators did not particularly like the fact that a person copied my post and then tweeted it out.

laughngrin
Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

In complete fairness, a staff member referenced Thee's screen name on a post with his real name. I don't think George thought it was a secret because of that. I wouldn't call it doxing in this case.
Thee University
laughngrin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

In complete fairness, a staff member referenced Thee's screen name on the post about an interview he had with the radio show. I don't think George thought it was a secret because of that. I wouldn't call it doxing in this case.
Just like you did by posting the link to the interview above??????
PeacefulEasyFeeling
George Truett didn't reveal your identity. I made a mental note of who you were when one of the moderators called you by your screen name after you were interviewed on the site.

I had always found you to be a bully on this board, so your identity was of interest to me.

This was back in 2020.
robby44
https://localnews8.com/news/2021/04/12/cardiologist-says-george-floyds-death-was-absolutely-preventable-in-derek-chauvins-trial/

Cardiologist says George Floyd's death was absolutely preventable in Derek Chauvin's trial

"I can state with a high degree of medical certainty that George Floyd did not die from a primary cardiac event, and he did not die from a drug overdose,"
Oldbear83
PeacefulEasyFeeling said:

George Truett didn't reveal your identity. I made a mental note of who you were when one of the moderators called you by your screen name after you were interviewed on the site.

I had always found you to be a bully on this board, so your identity was of interest to me.

This was back in 2020.
I notice your username has the 'R' for rookie, P.E.F..

Sock puppet?
laughngrin
Thee University said:

laughngrin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

In complete fairness, a staff member referenced Thee's screen name on a post with his real name. I don't think George thought it was a secret because of that. I wouldn't call it doxing in this case.
The interview and post is publicly available on this site. I don't believe that is against the rules. If it is, I will edit my post.
Amy Pagitt
Thee University said:

It was also obvious that the moderators did not particularly like the fact that a person copied my post and then tweeted it out.

They ... don't like it when posts that are free and available for the world to see are posted for the world to see? Weird. I even did you the courtesy of blacking out your screen name.
PeacefulEasyFeeling
I'm just a mom of a recent Baylor graduate. I've been on the board for many years, but never post because there's so much ugliness here.

I only posted today because I knew something to be true and thought I should speak up.
laughngrin
laughngrin said:

Thee University said:

laughngrin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

The interview and post is publicly available on this site. I don't believe that is against the rules. If it is, I will edit my post.
And by the way, my name is Kevin Lofgren (laugh-n-grin = Lof-gren). I will stand by any of my posts on this site with my actual name.
George Truett
Thee University said:

George Truett said:

Obey the law!!!!!

To top it off, you George Truett, in one of your patented hissy fits, thought you might get to my by putting my real first name into a post for all to see. I've never used any poster's real name on this board or BF.com. I abided by an honor system of keeping this great bulletin board somewhat incognito which proves to encourage much more robust and exciting posts.

Sorry. I thought it was common knowledge.

You may not be aware that in your SicEm interview, Ashley Hodge identified you.

So I assumed it was common knowledge, since Ashley told us all who you were.

(BTW, I enjoyed the interview)

You can call me Robert. I'm good with that.

You attacked Amy by name and worse than that, implied that she was neglecting her kids. So that's why I used your name. Again, assuming it was common knowledge, since Ashley had already told us all who you were.

My sister and cousin are both retired cops so you don't need to tell me about cop life. I know all about it. They admit to me that sometimes they screw up. Like the Minnesota cop who shot a man with a gun thinking it was a taser.

I challenge you to watch the testimony of the pulmonologist who described how Floyd died, struggling for breath, while Chauvin needlessly kept his knee on his neck. If you're not moved, then you don't have a heart.
Oldbear83

I'm just a mom of a recent Baylor graduate. I've been on the board for many years, but never post because there's so much ugliness here.

I only posted today because I knew something to be true and thought I should speak up.
Hmmmmm.

Sorry but I doubt your veracity. The timing and wording seems oddly convenient for sniping.

I guess you'll call me 'ugly', but I've been around and recognize patterns.
laughngrin
Oldbear83 said:

Hmmmmm.

Sorry but I doubt your veracity. The timing and wording seems oddly convenient for sniping.

Hey Oldbear83. I think you and I have interacted plenty on the premium site. I can vouch for that user personally. I know who that user is and that user has been on this site for a long time. I can't believe that user even posted because that user hasn't ever, to my knowledge! But this is a real life person with a child at Baylor and a real love for Baylor. I believe you have that last part in common.
br53

IT reminds me of a real Baptist church!
Redbrickbear
nein51 said:

Doxxing is never ok.

It is certainly is in a similar spirit.

This place is like a college debating society mixed in with a bar fight in a comedy club.

It certainly violates the "decorum of the house" by taking fights/discussions/arguments/inside jokes/long standing feuds/whatever..... from inside here and taking them "out there" into the real world.
George Truett
nein51 said:

Doxxing is never ok.

There was no doxxing.

Ashley Hodge had already identified who Thee was when he was interviewed months ago,

How can you doxx someone whom the owners had already publicly identified?

They deleted my post when I used his name.

I guess they need to go back and delete their own interview! LOL.
saykay

Thank you for this... Because there are many members out there just like you who I (and I would dare say also the mods) wish would speak up more, but have been discouraged from doing so - by design - by some of the less lovely members here. Don't stop.
Forest Bueller_bf
Thee University said:

bubbadog said:

Thee University said:

George Truett said:

BearN said:

She was right.

It was disgusting.

The clerk said he was going to just let it slide, I think knowing the $20 was going to come out of his pocket made him tell the manager/owner whichever it was.

Quote:

But a few minutes later, Martin said, he eventually told his managerbecause he didn't want the money to come out of his paycheck.

"The policy was that if you took a counterfeit bill, you had to pay for it out of your money," the teenager said, admitting he almost paid it but later "second-guessed" himself.

BearTruth13
saykay said:

BearTruth13 said:

Redbrickbear said:

BearTruth13 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amy Pagitt said:

This ain't it, chief.

Chief? As a great grandson of a Native American, I am horrified at your casual dismissal of my culture!

To the subject at hand, I think Chauvin should go to jail for manslaughter. Maybe 3rd degree murder but doubtful they'll get beyond a reasonable doubt on that charge.
Oldbear83
laughngrin said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmmmmm.

Hey Oldbear83. I think you and I have interacted plenty on the premium site. I can vouch for that user personally. I know who that user is and that user has been on this site for a long time. I can't believe that user even posted because that user hasn't ever, to my knowledge! But this is a real life person with a child at Baylor and a real love for Baylor. I believe you have that last part in common.
Thanks laughngrin, especially for sticking up for someone.

The odd thing about Thee is that I have had many a disagreement with him, but I can relate to the feeling that different rules apply to different people sometimes.
Oldbear83
BearTruth13 said:

saykay said:

This ain't it, chief.

Chief? As a great grandson of a Native American, I am horrified at your casual dismissal of my culture!

As a fan of the Get Smart! TV show, I am offended that you completely dismiss the cultural patois of Maxwell Smart.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.