Football
Sponsored by

Oregon plan B Austin Novosad

36,433 Views | 348 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by boognish_bear
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn. Everyone just chill. NovoStar is gonna sign. He will be on campus. He'll start this Fall and become a great QB.

We've got good supporting cast….it's a good fit for a kid who wants to play, learn and be able to make mistakes without looking over his shoulder at the next 5-star waiting to come in.
BearlyBeloved
Surely it will never come to this (???) BUT

I'm waiting for the day when players are allowed to change teams at halftime.

PartyBear
It's all a challenge to coaches they have to not only recruit new players but recruit their current team to stay.
boognish_bear
Wonder if the big portal snag of the Arky WR is a sign that Novosad is still a solid
PartyBear
I don't know but congrats to the staff on getting that guy.
J.R.
BluesBear said:

Damn. Everyone just chill. NovoStar is gonna sign. He will be on campus. He'll start this Fall and become a great QB.

We've got good supporting cast….it's a good fit for a kid who wants to play, learn and be able to make mistakes without looking over his shoulder at the next 5-star waiting to come in.
Novo staring next fall is a real, real reach. Our supporting cast ain't that great. Did you watch us this year? Hopefully some freshman and some portal guys will help. I have to think we are fine with him. I just can't see him signing with a school that he has never visited. Seem he and his family a solid folk. Just can't see it.
Pdxbear
Always Be Closing.....
Hob Howelll
Novosad just got two crystal balls to oregon from the Baylor guys on 247. Shawn Bell, don't make any big Christmas purchases...
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
DanaDane
IowaBear
Yeah I'm convinced he's gone. The ultimate slap in the nuts finish the this underwhelming season
Hob Howelll
The sunshine pumpers and NIL deniers need to issue a public apology.

Hob Howell on the premium board wanted to bet me money but novosad wouldn't flip. Hob Howell, you're a limp dik dumbazz and a fraud POS
DanaDane
What a friggin' disaster.
IowaBear
I mean he hasn't flipped yet… but It sure seems headed that way.
boognish_bear
I know we are talking about making deals with 18 year olds....but really sucks if we honored Novosad's request not to recruit another QB in this cycle and then he bails.

Hope Shapen is about to take a massive leap forward next year.
Hob Howelll
IowaBear said:

I mean he hasn't flipped yet… but It sure seems headed that way.

There are so many people on the premium board that need to eat crow. Disaster is right. Shawn Bell should be fired but he won't be because he's an alumni
Hob Howelll
boognish_bear said:

I know we are talking about making deals with 18 year olds....but really sucks if we honored Novosad's request not to recruit another QB in this cycle and then he bails.

Hope Shapen is about to take a massive leap forward next year.

The coaches should be getting on the phone with Hudson card and Grayson McCall and begging them to play here. A team coming off its best season of all time has one struggling three star scholarship quarterback on the roster
IowaBear
It's been apparent for months he had zero loyalty to Bu. Got flames for criticizing his flirting with OSU and other schools. He was clearly shopping around keeping his options open. We should have been doing the same
boognish_bear
Wonder if Phil Night backed up the Nike money truck
IowaBear
McCall would make us instant big 12 title contenders he's that good
boognish_bear
MarcelloSwisher
His Twitter like are nothing but Oregon related junk. He's gone
boognish_bear
Hope this doesn't give the Arky WR transfer cold feet
DanaDane
He gone.
Nailer
Nice that he waited to the last friggin day to make the switch.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
IowaBear
Shawn bell needs to lose his job yesterday. And Aranda figure out how to recruit and keep QBs…. We're really gonna go into the 2023 season with just Blake… disaster awaits
boognish_bear
Any program momentum we might have had from the B12 Title and Sugar Bowl win seems to be out the window with this 6-6 season and disappointing recruiting class if Novosad is really gone.

One step forward....two steps back.
LIB,MR BEARS
Did novasad mention having a dream
IowaBear
Yeah wow. I'm trying to find a silver lining and there's literally none. We botched the QB position horrendously. Not playing Drones looks even worse now….
DanaDane
The Will Stein connection killed us. They hired him officially on Dec. 9th and then when Dante Moore flipped to UCLA we were basically DOA.
PartyBear
Let me get this straight. I have understood that we haven't recruited other QBs to cater to Novosad and now he jilts at the alter literally? Terrible recruiting strategy to cater to a prima donna.

If this is all true Aranda needs to fire Bell. Bell's coaching isn't all that good at whatever position he has been out at. He has created havok at the QB position and his recruiting doesn't redeem any of that. Aranda needs to fire him because he has just jeopardized Aranda and put him on the hot seat in all likelihood a year from now.
IowaBear
Bell should be gone for his coaching abilities… this is just icing on the cake. Arandas gonna mess around and put himself on the hot seat with another poor season in 2023

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.