Football
Sponsored by

Oregon plan B Austin Novosad

36,375 Views | 348 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by boognish_bear
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dia del DougO said:

And the recruiting staff that never had a plan B needs to go along with it.

Baylor **** the bed yet again. What a year.

But at least it will be amusing when we pick up somebody's reject and the pumpers proclaim they really like him better anyway.
At this point, we need warm bodies. I'm not going to trash anyone who comes in at this point because it's a need, not a want, and beggars can't be choosers.
Hob Howell
The Hound said:

The sunshine pumpers and NIL deniers need to issue a public apology.

Hob Howell on the premium board wanted to bet me money but novosad wouldn't flip. Hob Howell, you're a limp dik dumbazz and a fraud POS

You seem fun.

Should have taken me up on that bet!

In all seriousness, what's happened with Novosad in the past 72 hours is a very unfortunate reality of recruiting. The information I had up until that point was very reliable.

A big takeaway from this is that Baylor will need to take a long and hard look at how it approaches NIL from here on out. This played a real factor in Oregon's (read: Phil Knight) last minute push for Novosad.

I do know that our staff is burning midnight oil tonight to put the full court press on Austin in hopes of keeping him in the green and gold. Never say never.
www.linkedin.com/in/hobhowell
SIC EM 94
Dia del DougO said:

But at least it will be amusing when we pick up somebody's reject and the pumpers proclaim they really like him better anyway.

Let's see how things shake out tomorrow before declaring the death of Baylor Football.
Dia del DougO
bear2be2 said:

Dia del DougO said:

At this point, we need warm bodies. I'm not going to trash anyone who comes in at this point because it's a need, not a want, and beggars can't be choosers.
No, i won't trash him (probably) and he might be good. But we've heard so much about our messiah Novosad being an iron clad lock to enroll early and lead the Bears to the promised land for years to come, and Baylor gets caught with their pants down, you know the narrative shifting script is already being written behind the scenes.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
SIC EM 94 said:

Dia del DougO said:

Let's see how things shake out tomorrow before declaring the death of Baylor Football.
Let's hope. Recruiting reporters are as slimy as all the rest of the fake newsers of the world. Certainly not beyond realm of possibility that it's all smoke.

But it seems like the prevailing feeling all around is not good.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
boognish_bear
Why did we agree to not recruit other QBs? Is that a standard request from a recruit? I've never heard that before.

Lesson learned I guess.
boognish_bear
If it's true that money is the driving factor on this flip then I suppose BU would have time to try and counter.

But with NIL not coming directly from Baylor I'm not sure how they would arrange more money on short notice.
boognish_bear
boykin_spaniel
To quote America's greatest band- "worlds on fire. How bout yours. That's the way I like it and I never get bored"

Also why has no one posted the Kevin Bacon Animal
House gif?

Or the the little cartoon dog calmly sitting in his flaming house.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Guess we will never know…but I wonder if Drones would've stuck around if he knew Novosad wasn't coming.
PartyBear
The QB room has been mismanaged at Steele era levels. I agree with a post I just saw on Reddit. It's a bad look for this kid and his family after Baylor has been committed to him to the point of recruiting no other QBs and after 2 years of assurances from the family he is coming for him to flip on signing day for a school that had no interest in him a week ago. But to me it shows a naive staff in over its head as well to have put themselves in this position.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BaylorGuru
If he flips, fans need to wake up and hold aranda and co accountable. No back up plan and a lot of issues behind the scenes. Can't wait for the boomer Baylor fans to say "back in my day we were happy just have a 4 star consider us".
PartyBear
Agree with those tweets. I have been concerned about our NIL. Since people just say it's fine and like everyone else's without any specificity when asked. I have said Rhoades is a really good AD but if he can't NIL together he is obsolete suddenly as an AD.
Harrison Bergeron
To play devil's advocate: if what is reported is true about Novosad and Baylor's commitments then he does not seem like a good long-term leader or fit. A guy that would furtively break his word likely a potential cancer. Hope he stays but could be blessing if he leaves. We need a change at QB coach it seems.

Plan B - Card.
Stefano DiMera
Hasn't Card has already made his decision?
Stefano DiMera
We probably were due this from Oregon for stealing Rhule from them.
BaylorB254
LoL can only laugh. The hype with Aranda last year, winning with another coaches recruits, the fall off this year and now going into the season with only Shapen at QB. Yikes.
BUMBA1
If you're bashing Novosad, you're bashing the wrong person IMO. I don't care how hard we recruited him he doesn't owe us any loyalty, especially after the lack of loyalty we displayed to some of our own QBs who were here on campus. We completely mismanaged our QB situation this entire year.
Bigkahunaww
Trying to stay positive.
Knowing our coaching staff have been in this game awhile, you would have to think they have a plan B, we just havnt heard about it yet.
I will say this, if Aranda doesn't have positive news at his talk today, then Mack Rhodes needs to re-evaluate this hire.
vanillabryce
He just flipped to Oregon per CBS

Aberzombie1892
Well, it's official.
IowaBear
Don't usually put a ton into recruiting but Aranda and Bell need help accountable in a big way. We're ****ed not only in 2023 but going forward because vee can't recruit or keep QBs
PartyBear
Aranda needs to fire Bell within 24 hours. Hell Aranda needs to completely revamp the offense into something entertaining like what out is in the map in the first place. Boring doesn't cut it.
Mitch Blood Green
Hob Howell said:

The Hound said:

The sunshine pumpers and NIL deniers need to issue a public apology.

Hob Howell on the premium board wanted to bet me money but novosad wouldn't flip. Hob Howell, you're a limp dik dumbazz and a fraud POS

You seem fun.

Should have taken me up on that bet!

In all seriousness, what's happened with Novosad in the past 72 hours is a very unfortunate reality of recruiting. The information I had up until that point was very reliable.

A big takeaway from this is that Baylor will need to take a long and hard look at how it approaches NIL from here on out. This played a real factor in Oregon's (read: Phil Knight) last minute push for Novosad.

I do know that our staff is burning midnight oil tonight to put the full court press on Austin in hopes of keeping him in the green and gold. Never say never.

I think you're talking to yourself.
vanillabryce
PartyBear said:

Aranda needs to fire Bell within 24 hours. Hell Aranda needs to completely revamp the offense into something entertaining like what out is in the map in the first place. Boring doesn't cut it.

I'd be ok with boring if we're effective and winning. But you're right we need explosive and fun.
IvanBear
Harrison Bergeron said:

To play devil's advocate: if what is reported is true about Novosad and Baylor's commitments then he does not seem like a good long-term leader or fit. A guy that would furtively break his word likely a potential cancer. Hope he stays but could be blessing if he leaves. We need a change at QB coach it seems.

Plan B - Card.

This is such a dumb take. Bell Grimes and Aranda are bad recruiters, this class is making it clear as day.

Novosad isn't a bad leader for flipping, all one has to do is watch out play calling from last year and wonder why anyone who can throw would ever want to come here. We don't win a big 12 championship without some of the portal recruiting aranda did his first two years, but he has completely mismanaged the roster. At this point. Losing drones is only acceptable if you're replacing him with Novosad (and I'm not one of these people who thinks drones even looks good). Only one QB on the roster is a fireable offense. Are we really fielding a team next year?
IowaBear
Think Party and Vanilla hit the mail on the head. The offense is boring. No elite QB wants to turn around and hand it off 70% of the time and that's what we do. We've struggle to get elite WR play the last several years and the elite QBs we recruit are either cleaving or not developing
DanaDane
New Pac 12 - 1
New Big 12 - 0

Highly embarrassing for both Baylor and the new Big 12. Wilner, Canzano, Mandel and others are gonna have a field day with this. Sheesh.
Aberzombie1892
The loss of Novosad appears to be more due to what Oregon did (OC connection and NIL) than what Baylor did not do (offense). The OC connection specifically is seemingly what sealed this and short of Baylor hiring that OC, there wasn't much Baylor could have done to prevent this particular loss.
Mitch Blood Green
Zeno, Bohannon, Drones, Novosad. And didn't get DJ (legacy)
Mitch Henessey
I, for one, am excited about 2 more years of The Blake Shapen Experience
IowaBear
Buckle up Mitch, gonna be a wild ride

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.