Football
Sponsored by

Bring Back Briles

39,604 Views | 400 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by ImABearToo
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would love to have Briles back. Does anyone think he would take it if offered? I would not.
ImABearToo
4 years, no development. Rinse and repeat.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Aliceinbubbleland
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Would love to have Briles back. Does anyone think he would take it if offered? I would not.
Put yourself in Briles shoes. The man delivered a stunningly winning program that was exciting. He had to deal with 18th Century BOD and was not guided by an incompetent AD. We ruined his reputation, slandered him in national media (WSJ) and hired an absolutely incompetent legal firm with two women who asked the wrong questions of the wrong people because they were being paid to disgrace the man.

Why would he ever agree to come back to such an incompetent bunch of slandering/covering up while claiming they are "praying"?

Why?
CorsicanaBear

Quote:

Why would he ever agree to come back
Lots of money????
TeamPlayer
This is a dumb thread. He's not coming back. Let's live in the real world.

I hope he and BU eventually reconcile because of everything he did for our program and university.
canoso
TeamPlayer said:

This is a dumb thread. He's not coming back. Let's live in the real world.

I hope he and BU eventually reconcile because of everything he did for our program and university.
And yet, things happen. Our "real world" used to include never having beaten OU, as in "like a rented mule."
ABC BEAR
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Put yourself in Briles shoes. The man delivered a stunningly winning program that was exciting. He had to deal with 18th Century BOD and was not guided by an incompetent AD. We ruined his reputation, slandered him in national media (WSJ) and hired an absolutely incompetent legal firm with two women who asked the wrong questions of the wrong people because they were being paid to disgrace the man.

Why would he ever agree to come back to such an incompetent bunch of slandering/covering up while claiming they are "praying"?

He may return because it's the best and maybe only way to prove he was a victim of circumstance and our leadership was wrong.
BUMBA1
Admittedly, there are a lot of details I am probably not privy too. But based on what I do know, I never agreed with the way we handled the Briles situation and I wish dearly he was still here.

In my book, Art is welcome back to Baylor. And I'd be humbled and grateful if he did decide to return.
boognish_bear
Hooray....this thread made it to MBG

montypython
boognish_bear said:

I will not be losing sleep over it, but being on MBG is usually not a good thing.

It's akin to being highlighted for being an idiot, crazy or bizarre. (To be fair, that would describe most fan boards.)
Wangchung
Oh no, the nerdy fans of other schools don't like us! What will we do?!?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
BUMBA1
montypython said:

boognish_bear said:

For those that don't know - being on MBG is not a good thing.

It's akin to being highlighted for being an idiot, crazy or bizarre.

Whatever - they just posted another SicEm thread calling us out for wanting to move on from Aranda. Nothing crazy about wanting Briles back imo. That whole thing was mishandled and blown waaay out of proportion to focus exclusively on the football program.
historian
Aberzombie1892 said:

historian said:

I just thought of something else: would CAB be comfortable coaching against his own son?

Not you too

Just throwing out a question. It's all hypothetical & immaterial anyway. Baylor is not going to hire back Art, ever.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Married A Horn
They dont want us to win is all.
montypython
BUMBA1 said:

montypython said:

boognish_bear said:

For those that don't know - being on MBG is not a good thing.

It's akin to being highlighted for being an idiot, crazy or bizarre.

Nothing crazy about wanting Briles back imo.

Everything we post on a fan board related to personnel decisions is pointless, in that it will have no influence on Baylor's decisions.

So with that general framework being understood, go for it.

ScottS
It will happen
FLBear5630
Jacques Strap said:

Eball said:

They paid out CAB they can CDA
i don't know the answer to this question but here it is:

Which is better use of the money*: (1) pay of Aranda's contract (2) Spend it on NIL and get players.

*Assumes the money likely comes from boosters not the school so it can be spent on NIL (aka pay to play)

Aranda is welded. His buyout and nice guy, love the players image will protect him. He is what Rhodes and BOR want, winning is secondary
ABC BEAR
What the hell is MBG and why should I care?
Jacques Strap

Quote:

"There's no such thing as bad publicity,"

~ Sun Tzu
CutTheTVoff
ScottS said:

It will happen

We will win
Kingdom Bear
montypython said:

This entire thread needs to get deleted.

Kendal is coaching at TCU. Son-in-Law is coaching at OU. But Art can't coach again? The SEC is full or coaches who actually are horrible human beings who deserved to be fired but are on their redemption tours. Art made mistakes but he was also scapegoated. Total bull***** It's infuriating.
Russell Gym
With the SEC being the conference of redemption, it seems like Briles would have been picked up there by now.
FLBear5630
Russell Gym said:

With the SEC being the conference of redemption, it seems like Briles would have been picked up there by now.

Briles is not coaching College again. Best you can do is find next Briles, that can control program off the field better.
Aliceinbubbleland
Russell Gym said:

By now every poster knows I'm 100% team Briles but to answer your question his style of offense probably wouldn't win SEC. He lost to teams with great defenses and some like UCF or Michigan State who were not as good as his teams.

I would have loved to be proven wrong if he had been given a shot in his season he was denied.
Why?
DAC
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Russell Gym said:

By now every poster knows I'm 100% team Briles but to answer your question his style of offense probably wouldn't win SEC. He lost to teams with great defenses and some like UCF or Michigan State who were not as good as his teams.

I would have loved to be proven wrong if he had been given a shot in his season he was denied.

He would have adapted to it ,
He's got a new offense than what we saw here
Daveisabovereproach
I've never been in the briles truther camp, but I just want a coach that has an actual niche. I initially liked the Aranda hire, but I had misgivings about hiring a defensive coordinator. You need to have a clear niche to recruit and win at Baylor. Briles had it and Matt Rhule had it whether you like them or not. Ultimately, if you want briles back, there are a few viable options out there in his coaching tree. We just got smoked with a variation of the briles offense as a for instance.
Aberzombie1892
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Russell Gym said:

This is what is constantly overlooked.
baylor06
Bring back Ian McCaw too.
Aliceinbubbleland
baylor06 said:

Bring back Ian McCaw too.
EWH
Why?
Bears2Cane
1) Baylor will never offer the HC job to Art Briles.
2) Art Briles would never accept an offer to return to Baylor.

It's not happening. It will never happen. Please stop wasting your breath.
91Bear
Russell Gym said:

Trump has an excellent chance of being re-elected. Nothing he or any else can say or do will slow down his popularity.
Hopefully, prison will.
Joined in 1999 as 91Bear. Proud Baylor alumnus. Computer Science, BUGWB, Drumline
historian
All prosecutions of Trump are a fraud until Bill, Hillary, Barack & Joe are prosecuted. Lock them up then maybe a legitimate prosecution might proceed. They are actually guilty of the more serious charges Trump is accused of doing and there is plenty of evidence. Some of the charges against Trump are a ridiculously unserious. Some are blatantly unconstitutional.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Married A Horn
Y'all move that to R&P - we tryin to win some football games over here!

Bring Back Briles Baby!
BUGWBBear
91Bear said:

Russell Gym said:

Trump has an excellent chance of being re-elected. Nothing he or any else can say or do will slow down his popularity.
Hopefully, prison will.

It didn't slow you down, Skippy.
713bear
Anyone on here that thinks we should bring back Briles and thinks he would come back after everything that has happened is absolutely brain dead. Like, I am surprised some of you can put your pants on in the morning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.