Football
Sponsored by

Bring Back Briles

39,585 Views | 400 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by ImABearToo
DAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sammy10 said:

Briles was absolutely the scapegoat for the university and should be given his job back with backpay. It is a shame what happened to this man. Look around and see true scumbags that are head coaches and think about if something like this happened to you at your job. He was led to believe he would be suspended and brought back and probably had to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Very similar to what is happening to Trump while You know who hasn't even been charged with anything.

Exactly right
montypython
Married A Horn said:

He doesnt need that. He's okay with last night so this thread has flown over his head.
I think Aranda needs to go. Yet, I also think it's a waste of time entertaining the notion of Briles coming back.

I know those things may be hard for you to understand, so take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps.

Married A Horn
Mitch Blood Green said:

Married A Horn said:

Everything should be in place for those worried about past issues. His product on the field was the best and most entertaining ever. Enough with this losing crap!

Why would Briles do that?

When I was first posting this that was the first thing that crossed my mind... I was thinking even if we offered him a lot of money, He would not wanna go through that pain again. But after thinking about it; he can't get a job anywhere so... Maybe??

I know it's not gonna happen. But sure would be nice!
boykin_spaniel
BU fans chanting for Briles return is like when Tennessee fans every coaching search chanted for Gruden. A waste of time, energy, and brain cells.
Married A Horn
boykin_spaniel said:

BU fans chanting for Briles return is like when Tennessee fans every coaching search chanted for Gruden. A waste of time, energy, and brain cells.

Watching that game last night was a waste of brain cells.
CutTheTVoff
CAB allowed us to taste greatness if only for a fleeting, precious few years. Kind of a curse. We'll likely never see that again. Hard to even stay interested after having a once elite team in Waco.
Mitch Blood Green
Married A Horn said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Married A Horn said:

Everything should be in place for those worried about past issues. His product on the field was the best and most entertaining ever. Enough with this losing crap!

When I was first posting this that was the first thing that crossed my mind... I was thinking even if we offered him a lot of money, He would not wanna go through that pain again. But after thinking about it; he can't get a job anywhere so... Maybe??

I see it like a bad marriage that got you accused of child molestation that you didn't do and arrest for domestic violence you didn't do. You stay if the kids only to find out they're not yours.

Once you untangle that, some guys might go back. Me? I'd join datingcorpse.com

You ever see the story about the woman who married the raggity Andy doll. Had kids with it. Then accused it of cheating?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-married-rag-doll-claims-142812225.html
ScottS
Fire Grimes and hire CAB for OC. Do it now.
JTM
Screw it - let's get Tony Romo as our HC. The man can predict every play perfectly.
Married A Horn
CutTheTVoff said:

CAB allowed us to taste greatness if only for a fleeting, precious few years. Kind of a curse. We'll likely never see that again. Hard to even stay interested after having a once elite team in Waco.

I and my money are checking out. I wont support this. They can email me when they get serious about winning again. I'm not interested in going thru this again.
historian
Russell Gym said:

Trump has an excellent chance of being re-elected. Nothing he or any else can say or do will slow down his popularity.

Briles will never return to Baylor.

Both are probably correct. However, Trump's popularity is mainly with his base. They are solid and the numbers are growing. But they are not a majority and may not be enough to win, even without the shenanigans of the Left, some blatantly fraudulent.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
montypython said:

This entire thread needs to get deleted.

Yes. It's a silly fantasy. None of the parties involved are interested & it's never going to happen.
historian
If they are that rich & have that much lying around, they are not spending that much on a PR disaster from day one. People that rich usually are smarter than that (the crazy behavior of some billionaires notwithstanding).
historian
Married A Horn said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Married A Horn said:

Briles is close to 70 and a millionaire enjoying his retirement. He can enjoy football from his TV & hope that his son & son-in-law (Lebby) have success. So far neither is half as good as him but they have some potential.
MashedPotatoes
ScottS said:

Fire Grimes and hire CAB for OC. Do it now.
Please.
Married A Horn
historian said:

Married A Horn said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Married A Horn said:

Briles is close to 70 and a millionaire enjoying his retirement. He can enjoy football from his TV & hope that his son & son-in-law (Lebby) have success. So far neither is half as good as him but they have some potential.

Isnt he still coaching? I think I saw something a couple of weeks ago. A CAB redemption tour might be better than the first go round. I'm pretty sure the man has some fire in him.

Idk - I dont talk to him and dont pretend to know his mind.
MashedPotatoes
historian said:

Married A Horn said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Married A Horn said:

Something tells me Briles is not the kind of guy who will coast until he's dead.
Bakersdozen
No one has been harder on Briles than me. It angers me after what happened to see other schools hire his former coaches. I am also tired of seeing a program slowly in decline and picking up speed.

I am ready to let bygones be bygones and bring Briles back. I will lead the campaign. If others can do it, so should we.

I don't think Art Briles would come close to Baylor, but if that day were to happen, I would now be very happy. As much as I wanted "person over player" to work, it doesn't. We looked like a bunch of choir boys against Texas State.
Chuckroast
ImABearToo said:

Curious if Aranda and Grimes ever watch game film of Baylor 2010-2015? Or did Mack instruct them not to as it conjures up a dark period in BU history. Seems its watched in film rooms around the country with much interest on a regular basis.

I believe you're absolutely correct. It seems we not only wanted to move away from Briles but away from all things Briles. Our very next coach went to the opposite offensive extreme.

Multiple programs are trying to copy what we did, including some blue bloods. Meanwhile, I'm not sure we'll even consider a coach or a scheme like that.
Chuckroast
historian said:

Russell Gym said:

Trump has an excellent chance of being re-elected. Nothing he or any else can say or do will slow down his popularity.

Briles will never return to Baylor.

Both are probably correct. However, Trump's popularity is mainly with his base. They are solid and the numbers are growing. But they are not a majority and may not be enough to win, even without the shenanigans of the Left, some blatantly fraudulent.

Trump got significantly more votes than any Republican candidate ever had. He just couldn't overcome the Covid era vote harvesting, which the Democrats are trying like the dickens to make permanent.
BBWCBear
historian said:

montypython said:

This entire thread needs to get deleted.

Yes. It's a silly fantasy. None of the parties involved are interested & it's never going to happen.

Fantasy, no interest, never happen I agree. With that being said… any suggestions for the excrement show we got goin?
FLBear5630
bossbowman said:

Rhoades won't put up with it, Aranda will get his pink slip sooner than later

Rhodes is the issue!
historian
I have no idea. I'm not willing to throw in the towel, yet.
Reverend
Briles still has fire. Coaching was his life, his passion.

He's in great shape. Doesn't have any vices, except maybe a very occasional glass of wine, if you consider that a vice.

He is very proud of and involved with Kendall and Lebby. But he still wants to coach….I know it.

He naturally carries very, very strong feelings about what Baylor did to him. It's inexcusable. But who knows what he might do with a full, complete and genuine apology. I know if Baylor would stand with him he could handle the hate and backlash. He's been through hell.
historian
I just thought of something else: would CAB be comfortable coaching against his own son?
Aberzombie1892
historian said:

I just thought of something else: would CAB be comfortable coaching against his own son?

Not you too
Jacques Strap
Briles was (is) a unicorn. They are rare and hard to corral. But we had one and he didn't leave for Texas and seemed happy here. Lightning in a bottle, it was a fun ride from bottom dweller to Big 12 champs.

CAB is not coming back, so we need to find and hire another unicorn. They are so incredibly rare and if we do find one he will probably leave for Big State NIL University or the NFL. But as a famous football coach once said "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

CAB was fun, fun fun 'til Daddy took our T-Bird away. Luckily it's all on You Tube but those days are gone baby gone.

Long contract to work out in a new NIL era for CDA. Finding and developing under the rader recruits is the cornerstone for a place like Baylor so I hope we see some signs of that beginning this weekend. If not... welll.. basketball is just around the corner and it's great weather for golf.
Eball
They paid out CAB they can CDA
Aliceinbubbleland
Eball said:

No knowledge of insider payroll but that would be chump change compared to the gold vault we'd need to get rid of coach and/or AD.
Why?
241Bear
Art, remember: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

He ain't coming back. Ever.

The administration may be different, but it's still Baylor.
ScottS
But we wanna win and he wants to coach (in a league other than a foreign semi pro league)....
FLBear5630
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Eball said:

No knowledge of insider payroll but that would be chump change compared to the gold vault we'd need to get rid of coach and/or AD.
I don't get how Rhodes seems to get a pass on all of this?

First Women's BB, which was Baylors bread and butter for years.
Second, Men's BB, has underperformed since the Pandemic years.
Now, Men's FB is losing to Sunbelt teams.
Baseball, which was always solid, not spectacular, but solid. Is bad.

What are BU sports doing well at? This is a case study why you don't give oversized contracts after 1 season or 1 special win.
canoso
Reverend said:

Briles still has fire. Coaching was his life, his passion.

He's in great shape. Doesn't have any vices, except maybe a very occasional glass of wine, if you consider that a vice.

He is very proud of and involved with Kendall and Lebby. But he still wants to coach….I know it.

He naturally carries very, very strong feelings about what Baylor did to him. It's inexcusable. But who knows what he might do with a full, complete and genuine apology. I know if Baylor would stand with him he could handle the hate and backlash. He's been through hell.

We must always remember that an apology is only a counterfeit of asking for forgiveness, which is what Baylor should do in CAB's case.
Jacques Strap
Eball said:

i don't know the answer to this question but here it is:

Which is better use of the money*: (1) pay of Aranda's contract (2) Spend it on NIL and get players.

*Assumes the money likely comes from boosters not the school so it can be spent on NIL (aka pay to play)

boykin_spaniel
That depends. Do we trust this staff with extra money to attract and develop players or do we trust another hire to find and develop diamonds in the rough like the last staff?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.