Football
Sponsored by

Bring Back Briles

39,613 Views | 400 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by ImABearToo
Guitarbiscuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't wear pants. Too hard to put on. I'd like Briles back.
Kingdom Bear
713bear said:

Anyone on here that thinks we should bring back Briles and thinks he would come back after everything that has happened is absolutely brain dead. Like, I am surprised some of you can put your pants on in the morning.

As setshot so eloquently said when he quoted Dostoyevsky: reason is the slave to passion. I can logically understand the reasons why Art will not coach for Baylor again; however, my desire for that wrong to be made right will not allow me to completely let go of the possibility.
Sammy10
Well said.
Wicked_Wombat
Oh please...STOP with the "bring Art Briles back" cr@p - sure, he was a good coach...and a horrible cancer of a human. Every time you write such garbage...you are basically marginalizing the young women who were sexually assaulted.

Mulkey isn't coming back and neither is Briles...MOVE ON already.
Aliceinbubbleland
Wicked_Wombat said:

Oh please...STOP with the "bring Art Briles back" cr@p - sure, he was a good coach...and a horrible cancer of a human. Every time you write such garbage...you are basically marginalizing the young women who were sexually assaulted.

Are you on the BOD? Or AD office? The problem with women on the Baylor campus were two fold. Amazingly dumb women regarding sexual understanding and the BOD and Pepper Hamilton given the charge to cover up Baylor's policy on investigation of rape.

Clearly the AD couldn't handle a coaching woman's demands to be treated equal. And the move off campus for the new basketball arena was rocking the boat for under the table dealings.A coach cared more about fans and winning and convenience then AD.
Why?
BEAR 45
No Quarterback said:

I've never been in the briles truther camp, but I just want a coach that has an actual niche. I initially liked the Aranda hire, but I had misgivings about hiring a defensive coordinator. You need to have a clear niche to recruit and win at Baylor. Briles had it and Matt Rhule had it whether you like them or not. Ultimately, if you want briles back, there are a few viable options out there in his coaching tree. We just got smoked with a variation of the briles offense as a for instance.
Rhule gets credit for his recruiting success, but I find it more than a little strange that Baylor's recruiting went downhill as soon as McGuire left . Find another McGuire from the TX high school ranks
ImABearToo
Mix 2 parts Joey and 3 parts Art, there's your guy. He's out there Mack, go find him.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Wicked_Wombat
Aliceinbubbleland - you are a neanderthal. I can't believe you went straight to ****-shaming young women. This is EXACTLY the problem...Baylor is shackled to "old white man conservatism" that is so deep seated that you immediately point blame at victims (because they are women - and their presence contributed to hurting your cherished football program). You probably subscribe to the following interpretation from 1 Timothy 2:12 ""But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. She must remain quiet."

Peace out. I'm done arguing with, or trying to fix "stupid".
Aliceinbubbleland
You are wrong on so many accounts. I was merely saying the problems ran much much deeper then the football teams and innocent young women mistook trust in their date.Yes, Art's team had too many accused of assault. To put the blame soley on him was wrong. The administration did NOTHING regarding the existing problems. They only blamed Art.
Why?
Dia del DougO
Jacques Strap said:

Eball said:

They paid out CAB they can CDA
i don't know the answer to this question but here it is:

Which is better use of the money*: (1) pay of Aranda's contract (2) Spend it on NIL and get players.

*Assumes the money likely comes from boosters not the school so it can be spent on NIL (aka pay to play)

aggy did both, massive coach contract, massive NIL.

Results?

Still aggy.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Aliceinbubbleland
Let's wait until this season is over to judge them. I think they may have found the missing ingredient in OC.
Why?
oldbear69
Wicked_Wombat said:

Aliceinbubbleland - you are a neanderthal. I can't believe you went straight to ****-shaming young women. This is EXACTLY the problem...Baylor is shackled to "old white man conservatism" that is so deep seated that you immediately point blame at victims (because they are women - and their presence contributed to hurting your cherished football program). You probably subscribe to the following interpretation from 1 Timothy 2:12 ""But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. She must remain quiet."

So ur not in "the Bible is the inspired Word of God" camp? Got it ,,
oldbear69
Wicked_Wombat said:

So ur not in the "Bible is the inspired Word of God"camp? Got it..
ImABearToo
One thing for sure, losing to Tx St has brought out the message board fire probably more than the Liberty loss. Hope all the pretty people up in the Ivory Tower (Mack, Linda, BOR - I'm talking to you) are reading so you know how much this loss has set things a blaze. Saturday crowd may be down due to 106 degree heat by 2pm or, it could be that a bunch of fans are about fed up with the new Baylor Roller Coaster ride.
FLBear5630
ImABearToo said:

One thing for sure, losing to Tx St has brought out the message board fire probably more than the Liberty loss. Hope all the pretty people up in the Ivory Tower (Mack, Linda, BOR - I'm talking to you) are reading so you know how much this loss has set things a blaze. Saturday crowd may be down due to 106 degree heat by 2pm or, it could be that a bunch of fans are about fed up with the new Baylor Roller Coaster ride.
Do you think they care??
ImABearToo
Naw, but felt good to say it though. I'm sure they have minions trolling this website and if so they can't be reporting back to the chiefs with any positive banter. May be different on the pay side but us poor's say it like it is.
montypython
BEAR 45 said:

Rhule gets credit for his recruiting success, but I find it more than a little strange that Baylor's recruiting went downhill as soon as McGuire left . Find another McGuire from the TX high school ranks

Fair enough. I don't know if the data is available but I would be interested to see who recruited our best players from 2017-2019. Then, we have to account for who developed them, too. How much is it the player and how much is it the teaching? I tend to be in the camp that it's 90% player, 10 % coach. You either have the dudes, or you don't.

FLBear5630
ImABearToo said:

Naw, but felt good to say it though. I'm sure they have minions trolling this website and if so they can't be reporting back to the chiefs with any positive banter. May be different on the pay side but us poor's say it like it is.
Oh they have minions on the Premium Board, it is like a cult...
Frank Galvin
Wicked_Wombat said:

You are certainly right that he isn't coming back. This thread is just a way to blow off steam and relitigate issues that were never really litigated.

Art made many mistakes but his chief one seemed to be "Let the police handle the sexual assault allegations." That may have deserved firing, but it certainly did not make him a "a horrible cancer of a human."
FLBear5630
Frank Galvin said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

You are certainly right that he isn't coming back. This thread is just a way to blow off steam and relitigate issues that were never really litigated.

Art made many mistakes but his chief one seemed to be "Let the police handle the sexual assault allegations." That may have deserved firing, but it certainly did not make him a "a horrible cancer of a human."
Until he or his staff tried to handle a criminal situation. Letting the Police handle it is the correct mover, you also have the small thing of innocent until proven guilty. There is no right answer once the crime is committed.

Not cracking down on player behavior and ensuring a code of conduct was in place and honored with accountability is the best he could have done, before.
BBWCBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

You are wrong on so many accounts. I was merely saying the problems ran much much deeper then the football teams and innocent young women mistook trust in their date.Yes, Art's team had too many accused of assault. To put the blame soley on him was wrong. The administration did NOTHING regarding the existing problems. They only blamed Art.
Honestly, I can't really think/feel that "innocent" is completely accurate.
BEAR 45
montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

Fair enough. I don't know if the data is available but I would be interested to see who recruited our best players from 2017-2019. Then, we have to account for who developed them, too. How much is it the player and how much is it the teaching? I tend to be in the camp that it's 90% player, 10 % coach. You either have the dudes, or you don't.

One more bit of irony, Baylor's success over the last more than half century has been at the hands of Head coaches with deep Texas roots. Grant Teaff and Art Briles. McGuire was also a huge factor for Rhule. Smart move on his part to bring him in especially when he already knew Baylor would be a short stent for him anyway.
FLBear5630
BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

One more bit of irony, Baylor's success over the last more than half century has been at the hands of Head coaches with deep Texas roots. Grant Teaff and Art Briles. McGuire was also a huge factor for Rhule. Smart move on his part to bring him in especially when he already knew Baylor would be a short stent for him anyway.

Joey ain't much better, lost to Wyoming. At least they put up a fight. Way to go Joey.
montypython
BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

Haven't you heard? Apparently Rhule's success was because of the foundation that Briles / the BOR left for him.
FLBear5630
montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

Haven't you heard? Apparently Rhule's success was because of the foundation that Briles / the BOR left for him.
I would agree with that. Briles, like him or not, broke a lot of snow forging a path. Rhule deserves credit for the 3 years he was at BU, but it was easier recruiting after Briles, if not for just the facilities and idea Baylor can win.
montypython
FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

I would agree with that. Briles, like him or not, broke a lot of snow forging a path. Rhule deserves credit for the 3 years he was at BU, but it was easier recruiting after Briles, if not for just the facilities and idea Baylor can win.
The terms easy or easier don't come to mind when a school dumps its AD, HC and president and throws the program under the bus. All but 1 Briles commit stayed with the school. Doesn't sound easier to me to recruit in those circumstances, but what do I know.
FLBear5630
montypython said:

FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

So easy that 1 recruit stayed with us. Thank you BOR

vs

Yeah, did him no favors for recruiting...
ImABearToo
A bigger mistake was beating OU and uT, plus out recruiting them.
montypython
FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

vs

I'm not saying that McLane isn't better than Floyd Casey and that it provides no leverage.

I'm saying that McLane stadium didn't save us from losing almost half of our 2016 class and almost all of our initial 2017 class.
FLBear5630
montypython said:

FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

vs

I'm not saying that McLane isn't better than Floyd Casey and that it provides no leverage.

I'm saying that McLane stadium didn't save us from losing almost half of our 2016 class and almost all of our initial 2017 class.

You don't remember the facilities wars? If you didn't have facilities, you stood no chance in recruiting. The facilities built under Briles watch were significant.
montypython
FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

FLBear5630 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

montypython said:

BEAR 45 said:

vs

You don't remember the facilities wars? If you didn't have facilities, you stood no chance in recruiting. The facilities built under Briles watch were significant.
The wars are ongoing and I would argue that the facilities and Big 12 titles haven't changed the fact that we will rarely out-recruit UT, atm and OU for players in this state. We have to be able to find the guys that have been overlooked or not properly ranked and have the staff in place that can do that and develop them.

I would add, I think players would rather get paid than having TVs and gaming consoles in the locker room. While I think that perhaps a baseline of facilities is needed to 'compete' in that area, more often than not when recruits talk about their commitments, it involves the coaching staffs and their relationships. What is not often talked about is the money under the table - that goes a long way too.
ImABearToo
And still are. CAB Statue in the works? About as likely as honoring the 10 year anniversary of the 2013 XII Championship team during the upcoming game with texas.
BUGWBBear
ImABearToo said:

And still are. CAB Statue in the works? About as likely as honoring the 10 year anniversary of the 2013 XII Championship team during the upcoming game with texas.

President Livingstone thinks it could rape, so not anytime soon.
Reverend
You are the problem, and it's a bad one which probably can't be fixed. You are looney and ignorant…and willing to lie to support your stupidity.

You're posts prove it. Good riddance.
ImABearToo
Guess we should be happy the XII championship plaques Art gave us are still hanging.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.