Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma drill

29,403 Views | 291 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PervertedLittleTarts said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I JOklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

So that's about 5 times a year and never in pregame.

my problem with Rhule's use of it is that it seems he came in with the idea that our kids were soft, and that is absolutely false. He took over a very physical and very tough bunch of veteran players.

He was a victim of B1G Bias.

"Veteran" players you say? LOL. So converted TE 265 pound Teck at center, true freshman Miller and Newman also on the OL, Mims with one season as a backup, true freshmen Sneed, Lovett, and Holmes, and Ish Wainwright the basketball player, on defense freshmen Pitre, walk-on McVea, Terrel Bernard, and Harrison Hand, sophomores new CB Blake Lynch, Jameson Houston, Clay Johnston, B. Roy, Michael Johnson, Jordan Williams, Ogor, Chris Miller, and Henry Black... all of these players were on the two-deep to start the season, and you refer to them as "veteran" players? Are you sure you've actually coached football? Pee Wee league doesn't count.
triggered much?

Never. Is that the best response you can muster for being exposed as a know-nothing fool?
It's ironic you accuse others of knowing nothing. You're one of the most glib posters on this board. Why not take your talents back to the paid board, where your little buddies will appreciate you?

Nah, someone needs to bring some actual football knowledge to the neverending threads of brainless groupthink on this board. It's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it.

1-11 with a home loss to Liberty. How knowledgeable must one need to be to understand that IS NOT acceptable?

Nowhere did I say it was acceptable, because it's not.

This post is Exhibit A why intelligent posters flee this board like rats from a sinking ship, because they get tired of reading the same drone-like responses over and over such as DERRR BUT BUT 1-11 DOHH LIBERTY. So thanks for your contribution Captain Obvious.
Straight shot to the nads.

You can tell by all the screaming. Mention the word "Liberty" on the Premium side and people absolutely lose their minds.

LOL. People don't lose their minds because of the mention of the Liberty loss, people lose their minds because it's long been widely accepted by EVERYONE that the loss was unacceptable, so continually bringing it up shows someone possessing a simple mind that is unable to conjure any original thought to add to the quality of conversation.

Pervert is making friends and influencing people today.
Mothra

Mothra said:

Mothra said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Oklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

my problem with Rhule's use of it is that it seems he came in with the idea that our kids were soft, and that is absolutely false. He took over a very physical and very tough bunch of veteran players.

"Veteran" players you say? LOL. So converted TE 265 pound Teck at center, true freshman Miller and Newman also on the OL, Mims with one season as a backup, true freshmen Sneed, Lovett, and Holmes, and Ish Wainwright the basketball player, on defense freshmen Pitre, walk-on McVea, Terrel Bernard, and Harrison Hand, sophomores new CB Blake Lynch, Jameson Houston, Clay Johnston, B. Roy, Michael Johnson, Jordan Williams, Ogor, Chris Miller, and Henry Black... all of these players were on the two-deep to start the season, and you refer to them as "veteran" players? Are you sure you've actually coached football? Pee Wee league doesn't count.
triggered much?

Never. Is that the best response you can muster for being exposed as a know-nothing fool?
It's ironic you accuse others of knowing nothing. You're one of the most glib posters on this board. Why not take your talents back to the paid board, where your little buddies will appreciate you?

Nah, someone needs to bring some actual football knowledge to the neverending threads of brainless groupthink on this board. It's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it.

1-11 with a home loss to Liberty. How knowledgeable must one need to be to understand that IS NOT acceptable?

Yet that team is developing into a much stronger team than all those weak teams under Briles that won us conference championships. This idiot actually argued that on another thread.

No, I didn't argue that, but I do recognize that you lack the mental capacity to understand nuance in a post, which is quite ironic considering how you claim to want just that.

Sorry but you did. You argued how much bigger and stronger they're getting under Rhule and said our teams under Briles were weak. Yes it was la stupid comment and I understand why you're now running away from it . But have some balls and own what you said. Don't run away from it.

No, I didn't moron. I said that vs MSU, our OL couldn't create a run game for our offense, which is an indisputable fact, due to the focus on conditioning over strength and mass.

Attempting to communicate with you is less effective then having a conversation with a two-year-old.

Hey man I understand your desire to minimize what you said. But it doesn't change what you said so stop lyin.
boognish_bear
The next evolution of the OD

RioRata
Mothra said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I JOklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

This post is Exhibit A why intelligent posters flee this board like rats from a sinking ship, because they get tired of reading the same drone-like responses over and over such as DERRR BUT BUT 1-11 DOHH LIBERTY. So thanks for your contribution Captain Obvious.

You can tell by all the screaming. Mention the word "Liberty" on the Premium side and people absolutely lose their minds.

LOL. People don't lose their minds because of the mention of the Liberty loss, people lose their minds because it's long been widely accepted by EVERYONE that the loss was unacceptable, so continually bringing it up shows someone possessing a simple mind that is unable to conjure any original thought to add to the quality of conversation.

Interesting he failed to share his superior "knowledge" of the game of football in the Spring Game Thread.

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/26799

Not a single post.
PervertedLittleTarts
Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I really didn't think I said anything that controversial.... but some folks are always looking for a fight.... and must attack anyone that doesn't follow their view of things....

You attacked his object of worship. That's why he's so defensive.

It'll be interesting how these sheep respond when he's gone someday.

And what is my object of worship? Are you implying that it's Rhule? That's the conclusion you've reached after reading my posts? Hahahaha.

And people like you wonder why no one takes you seriously in your personal life. Hint: it's because of your limited capacity to think.

You're a complete moron and a complete jerk. You know nothing about football and hang out, by choice, with a bunch of people that can't stand you.

If you want to keep proving to additional people you're an idiot and an a-hole by all means keep posting. I don't understand spending this kind of time with nobody that likes you and obsessively responding. It's a really sad, pathetic waste of a life.

Hey slappy, I know more about football than you, mothball, and many of your buds here put together. I've been unequivocally proving it through my posts. And I should, because I played it for a long time, unlike any of you who weren't even allowed to refill the team's Gatorade.

How this thread has played out to this point should be obvious, but I understand your diminished mental capacity, so I'll give you a quick recap.

Jushappytobehere made a demonstrably false statement. I proved it was factually false. Even though I was correct (as demonstrated by no one factually showing otherwise), mothball decided to insert himself into the equation and argue with me, thereby making the thread even dumber. Then fellow nimrods like yourself, incensed that I was challenging the prevailing incorrect groupthink assumptions on this board, decided to pile on. So since then, all I've done is responded to the instances where I was addressed or referenced. I'll admit, it's been enjoyable to expose all of you to be the idiots that you are, so thanks for the opportunity.

As far as being a jerk, that's intentional, because it's the only language that simpleminded people like you can understand. And as far as being liked by you and your ilk, HAHA HOHO damn, if I found out that y'all liked me, then I would seriously start to question my internal thought processes. So I'll take that one as a compliment.
PervertedLittleTarts
RioRata said:

Mothra said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Interesting he failed to share his superior "knowledge" of the game of football in the Spring Game Thread.

Not a single post.

Hey LibertyRata, I haven't watched the spring game yet. But if I were to participate in a game thread, which I don't normally do because I'm too busy watching the game, I sure as hell wouldn't do it over here. I'd do it on the premium game thread where I'll actually encounter some knowledgeable football insight from other posters.
DioNoZeus
bearlyafarmer said:

PLT = Milli, y'all.
Nope
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
PervertedLittleTarts
Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Mothra said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Oklahoma Drill has it's place. Putting your face and hands through another human who is trying to do the same to you is not a natural thing for most folks and this can get them more accustomed to it. It can also get everyone's juices flowing when the energy is down. I did it about 3 times a spring and then again the first day of full pads in Fall Camp.. I might stop practice once a year and throw it in there if I thought we were flat...

triggered much?

Yet that team is developing into a much stronger team than all those weak teams under Briles that won us conference championships. This idiot actually argued that on another thread.

No, I didn't argue that, but I do recognize that you lack the mental capacity to understand nuance in a post, which is quite ironic considering how you claim to want just that.

Sorry but you did. You argued how much bigger and stronger they're getting under Rhule and said our teams under Briles were weak. Yes it was la stupid comment and I understand why you're now running away from it . But have some balls and own what you said. Don't run away from it.

No, I didn't moron. I said that vs MSU, our OL couldn't create a run game for our offense, which is an indisputable fact, due to the focus on conditioning over strength and mass.

Attempting to communicate with you is less effective then having a conversation with a two-year-old.

Hey man I understand your desire to minimize what you said. But it doesn't change what you said so stop lyin.

I'm not minimizing anything. I'm simply dealing in facts, something that I know makes you uncomfortable since facts often expose your lack of knowledge.

Tell you what, why don't you go back and quote any of my posts and prove your point. They are still right here for the pickings.
RioRata

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Not a single post.

Hey LibertyRata, I haven't watched the spring game yet. But if I were to participate in a game thread, which I don't normally do because I'm too busy watching the game, I sure as hell wouldn't do it over here. I'd do it on the premium game thread where I'll actually encounter some knowledgeable football insight from other posters.

Wrong again Perv. Matt Rhule is Turner Gill's *****...not mine.
PervertedLittleTarts
RioRata said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Not a single post.

Wrong again Perv. Matt Rhule is Turner Gill's *****...not mine.

Interesting. Being someone's b***h seems to be a concept you're quite familiar with.
BUBear24
Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I really didn't think I said anything that controversial.... but some folks are always looking for a fight.... and must attack anyone that doesn't follow their view of things....

And what is my object of worship? Are you implying that it's Rhule? That's the conclusion you've reached after reading my posts? Hahahaha.

And people like you wonder why no one takes you seriously in your personal life. Hint: it's because of your limited capacity to think.

You're a complete moron and a complete jerk. You know nothing about football and hang out, by choice, with a bunch of people that can't stand you.

If you want to keep proving to additional people you're an idiot and an a-hole by all means keep posting. I don't understand spending this kind of time with nobody that likes you and obsessively responding. It's a really sad, pathetic waste of a life.

Hey slappy, I know more about football than you, mothball, and many of your buds here put together. I've been unequivocally proving it through my posts. And I should, because I played it for a long time, unlike any of you who weren't even allowed to refill the team's Gatorade.

How this thread has played out to this point should be obvious, but I understand your diminished mental capacity, so I'll give you a quick recap.

Jushappytobehere made a demonstrably false statement. I proved it was factually false. Even though I was correct (as demonstrated by no one factually showing otherwise), mothball decided to insert himself into the equation and argue with me, thereby making the thread even dumber. Then fellow nimrods like yourself, incensed that I was challenging the prevailing incorrect groupthink assumptions on this board, decided to pile on. So since then, all I've done is responded to the instances where I was addressed or referenced. I'll admit, it's been enjoyable to expose all of you to be the idiots that you are, so thanks for the opportunity.

As far as being a jerk, that's intentional, because it's the only language that simpleminded people like you can understand. And as far as being liked by you and your ilk, HAHA HOHO damn, if I found out that y'all liked me, then I would seriously start to question my internal thought processes. So I'll take that one as a compliment.

Someday, somewhere you'll have a funeral. That will be a good day for the world.

Guys this is an Internet forum.. one hopefully football can be talked about. **** talking will happen but hoping for someone's death isn't acceptable under any circumstance..
Mothra

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The only thing you've proven on these boards perv is you're not only a thin skinned d bag, but you're also eaten up with the dumb@ss.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Someday, somewhere you'll have a funeral. That will be a good day for the world.

Guys this is an Internet forum.. one hopefully football can be talked about. **** talking will happen but hoping for someone's death isn't acceptable under any circumstance..
No it is not.
GhettoHEBear

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Not a single post.

He didn't post during the game on the Premium side either. He was too busy trolling this thread. He actually trolled this thread instead of watching the Spring game.
Baylor Mafioso
Krieg
BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Nobody hopes for it, but bad people are bad people. I'd prefer he change his ways, but he's too conceited. He needs help but can't see the forest because of the trees.
Krieg
Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

So, I violate the posting terms on purpose and my post gets (rightfully) deleted. All tarts does over here is violate the terms and nothing happens.

Experiment worked perfectly, which I find entertaining, but your business would be better off if you'd enforce the rules on guys like him. It turns this entire side of the forum into an absolute disaster, and that's on you.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

So, I violate the posting terms on purpose and my post gets (rightfully) deleted. All tarts does over here is violate the terms and nothing happens.

Experiment worked perfectly, which I find entertaining, but your business would be better off if you'd enforce the rules on guys like him. It turns this entire side of the forum into an absolute disaster, and that's on you.
He's debating, you're wishing him dead.

That's on you. And you get a vacation.
BUGWBBear
robby44 said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Exactly
It has its place and that place should never be pre game
If you need these drills pregame its too late and you are probably not ready to play
Coach Fredenburg and coach Goodner had some drills as tough as these Oklahoma drills but they focused more on techniques, staying low, getting off blocks, making tackles. Didn't focus on teaching guys how to be tough cause if You needed to learn that you weren't going to be playing anyway, probably not D1 worthy

good defense is all about read and react, getting off blocks, making tackles and a ton of film study
If you are not tough when put on that helmet then you've already lost

AMEN!
PervertedLittleTarts
GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

GhettoHEBear said:

RioRata said:

Mothra said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

triggered much?

Not a single post.

He didn't post during the game on the Premium side either. He was too busy trolling this thread. He actually trolled this thread instead of watching the Spring game.

As I've already stated, I haven't watched the spring game yet because I wasn't home to be able to do so. But I'm glad to see that you're so obsessed with me that you noticed. I must have touched a nerve somewhere.

I'm not trolling anything. I jumped in here yesterday because I got tired of people posting absolute falsehoods and decided it was time to bring some facts into the discussion. But for some strange reason, facts and insight make people like you, and mothball, and some of the other nimrods here very uncomfortable. I guess they don't align with your narrative. Oh well, perhaps you'll learn to cope one day.
Mothra
I don't think "fact" means what you think it means. Let me help you out...

A fact is something that is indisputable, supported by evidence. An opinion, on the other hand, is a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter. Inn our discussions, you made the claim that MSU beat us in the Cotton Bowl because our offensive line of Drango, Hilliard, Fuller and Broxton was weak. You went on to make the corollary that they were weak due to Kaz. In short, you made a judgment or appraisal about a particular matter. That is what is called an opinion, and a conclusory one at that, which is an opinion that is not supported by evidence.

I pointed out that your opinion is incorrect, and that MSU was able to stop the run - the only "evidence" you put forward to support your opinion - among other things, because they put 8-9 men in the box and were geared up to stop the run. A more astute football poster than either of us confirmed this assessment, with video mind you, on the paid board. In other words, he debunked your opinion.

Hope that helps.
dakjd90
man, this board is predictable...."oklahoma drills" "liberty!" "former coaches coaching at other schools"....wash, rinse, repeat.
Timbear
Well, it's the off-season, and Rhule really doesn't want to make the April scrimmage a big deal ( he did a good job this spring protecting players), so not much else to say.
JusHappy2BeHere
Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.
Is it really surprising when you let someone make personal attack after personal attack, most of them totally unprovoked, and you do nothing because he pays you to get to say what he wants with impunity
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
xiledinok
It is all about Tanner Thrift's injury and the general dislike of Rhule weeding out guys.
It was a done deal. Baylor wanted their house cleaned out.
Rhule's physical style was used to weed them out. However, the Oklahoma drill is something ran at schools and it can cause injuries like all football drills.
JusHappy2BeHere
Rhule came in with a bias that spread teams are soft and he was going to toughen this one up whether it needed it or not
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
xiledinok
I think the image of Baylor football on the national level was defined against Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl.
Rhule might have thought in the long run, there needed to be more physical players at Baylor.
A speed team like Oklahoma was beaten by Georgia playing Oklahoma's game.
Recruiting natural speed and make them stronger. The speed teams better be able to go power at times.
The Bears just recruited the fastest group in school history.
Copy Clemson.

It's all about posters being horrified witnessing their fan favorite get hurt running a drill.
JusHappy2BeHere
Brian Ethridge said:

Krieg said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.

He's debating, you're wishing him dead.

That's on you. And you get a vacation.
not sure I agree with your definition of that word

Mahatma Gandhi
NoBSU

JusHappy2BeHere
xiledinok said:

I think the image of Baylor football on the national level was defined against Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl.
Rhule might have thought in the long run, there needed to be more physical players at Baylor.
A speed team like Oklahoma was beaten by Georgia playing Oklahoma's game.
Recruiting natural speed and make them stronger. The speed teams better be able to go power at times.
The Bears just recruited the fastest group in school history.
Copy Clemson.

It's all about posters being horrified witnessing their fan favorite get hurt running a drill.
fanboys maybe but not real football people.

Mahatma Gandhi
PervertedLittleTarts
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.
Is it really surprising when you let someone make personal attack after personal attack, most of them totally unprovoked, and you do nothing because he pays you to get to say what he wants with impunity

When you respectfully remarked about my initial insult to you, I immediately apologized and from then forward, spoke to you respectfully in kind. So it's interesting that you still seem to have a problem with me, because I've been nothing but respectful to you since my apology, but for some strange reason don't seem to have an issue with your buddies on here who have been continually attacking me ever since. Why is that?

JusHappy2BeHere

JusHappy2BeHere said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUBear24 said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

Krieg said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

No it is not.%

When you respectfully remarked about my initial insult to you, I immediately apologized and from then forward, spoke to you respectfully in kind. So it's interesting that you still seem to have a problem with me, because I've been nothing but respectful to you since my apology, but for some strange reason don't seem to have an issue with your buddies on here who have been continually attacking me ever since. Why is that?

because everything about your online persona is aggressively attack anyone who disagrees with you as being a moron, stupid, know nothings.... When it comes to football, I know more than 95% of the people who post here, but I try not to attack them personally. I definitely go off in the R & P from time to time... I've hurt some feelings in the Basketball forum where I know a lot but not close to the level I have on football.

I don't hate Rhule. I want him to be successful! I think he is overall a good guy and a good coach. I hope he brings us back to close to where we were. I love what he has done recruiting wise considering the scandal and his record....that is absolutely amazing.

I have serious doubts that a B1G approach will do well in this league, but it's not impossible....

as was said earlier, no one posting here hates Baylor. No one posting here wants Baylor to fail. For the most part these are proud, accomplished men and women... People who went to the same school we did... it's not like Florida Mike and Canada trolls are here...

Mahatma Gandhi
PervertedLittleTarts
Okay, so if an attack is from a buddy of yours and directed at me, then a personal attack is a-okay, because you don't like my "online persona." Glad we got that cleared up.

As to the football portion of your post, what specifically do you mean by a "B1G approach?" Details please. After all, we're knowledgeable football posters here, so let's have an insightful football discussion.
JusHappy2BeHere
you attack everyone, on every post.

you went off on me on my first post on this thread without any reason.

you have attacked guys I know and guys I don't. you are equal opportunity hate for anyone you disagree with....

as for B1G, Rhule made it clear from Day 1 that Baylor wasn't tough and didn't take care of the ball and that he was all about being the toughest guy on the block and taking care of the clock.

What he put up the first 4 games last year was some of the worst offensive football I've ever seen. I saw some improvement scheme wise and the OU game was about as good as we could have done considering our loses in the class before.... After that, the physical toll of the Spring and the Fall Camp seemed to me to take it's toll on an admittedly thin team....

This is a big year for him and us.... he seemed to learn over the course of last year.... We will see if that continues this year.

a little less Tribal attitude wouldn't hurt

Mahatma Gandhi
PervertedLittleTarts
Yes, I've already acknowledged that you only take issue with me attacking others, but have no issue with them attacking me. Moving on...

Now, regarding what you meant by "B1G approach," I'm even more confused than before. At first you mention toughness, so are you saying that the Big Ten has a corner on toughness?

But then you bring up scheme. So are you saying that last season we ran a Big Ten scheme? If so, what scheme are you referring to? Details please.
JusHappy2BeHere

Yes, I've already acknowledged that you only take issue with me attacking others, but have no issue with them attacking me. Moving on...

Now, regarding what you meant by "B1G approach," I'm even more confused than before. At first you mention toughness, so are you saying that the Big Ten has a corner on toughness?

But then you bring up scheme. So are you saying that last season we ran a Big Ten scheme? If so, what scheme are you referring to? Details please.
based on my experience and my reading of this thread you attack first.

B1G absolutely doesn't have a corner on toughness but they usually think that they do...

Mahatma Gandhi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.