Football
Sponsored by

Oklahoma drill

29,389 Views | 291 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by xiledinok
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Mothra said:

Friscobear said:

Mothra said:

Friscobear said:

Mothra said:

xiledinok said:

Rhule was putting in entirely new systems. How would you judge your players? Would you see if they can actually endure the physical style from the start or would they be better off somewhere contact isn't stressed and light hitting and tackling is the style?
I am not a football coach, so I don't know how I would handle it. I do know that Rhule's system seems to be a lot more physical and, in turn, has caused more injuries. If that's the kind of system he wants to run, again, that is his prerogative.

If you are really asking is that a better system, I have no idea. It wasn't better last year, and given what I saw in the spring game, I have serious concerns over how much better we will be this year. But Rhule gets time to put in place the system he wants to run - probably 4 or 5 years. Let's hope it comes close to how successful Briles' system was.
Do you have stats to back that up? I don't think we had more than typical attrition due to injury. Thrift's injury hurt because we were already thin at OL and exacerbated that problem.

We had a DB fall down and break his arm. No contact.
Stats? You mean other than the abnormally long injury list?

No.

That's my point. Abnormally long? Compared to when?

Maybe it was more than normal, but perception is not always reality.
Compared to past years, absolutely. I've had season tickets since 1998, and my family before that, and I don't recall a season where we had as many injuries, and where the injury bug was constantly used as an excuse. I also don't recall a spring where so many players were injured. Although I haven't run the numbers, the list last year and this Spring seems a lot longer than in years past.
This Spring there was one serious injury, a broken hand.

Last year there were kids hurt in 2016 that tried to play in the Spring and were hurt. Then there were injuries in the Spring as well. The season is where the majority of the players were hurt and most were young players. The 2014 Senior class was not deep and the 2015 class isn't big, so you have young players filling the void and then add in the 2016 class that never redshirted, besides Texada and Williams, gives the 2017 class no buffer. The 2018 class will have some buffer, but some will play, little way around it.
BaylorBJM
REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

there is a term for all this worry over the Oklahoma drill pre-game. Let me think of it. Oh yeah, MANUFACTURED DRAMA. Quit thinking like cowards and start thinking like champions. Do you want a tough football team? Toughness is a skill that needs to be practiced. You don't get tough without getting used to contact.
I prefer WINNING football teams but to each his own.

Then why'd you disappear? Surely you're not spending all your time on the 3-4 FSU message boards?

You do prefer WINNING football after all, right?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

there is a term for all this worry over the Oklahoma drill pre-game. Let me think of it. Oh yeah, MANUFACTURED DRAMA. Quit thinking like cowards and start thinking like champions. Do you want a tough football team? Toughness is a skill that needs to be practiced. You don't get tough without getting used to contact.

Then why'd you disappear? Surely you're not spending all your time on the 3-4 FSU message boards?

Dude. Stop it. Good times for Baylor Football right now. Don't spoil it by being a turd.

Thank you.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BaylorBJM
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Dude. Stop it. Good times for Baylor Football right now. Don't spoil it by being a turd.

Thank you.
I've only scratched the surface with you.

There's still dozens of gems you've posted which I can bump.
BearTruth13
BaylorBJM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Thank you.

Please do. He "left" the Baylor fan base 3 years ago. He doesn't have the right to claim them now.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BaylorBJM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Thank you.

Go for it Big Boy! You just keep spreading that Christian Mission!!!! Try to have a little fun. Life is short.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearTruth13 said:

BaylorBJM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Thank you.

Please do. He "left" the Baylor fan base 3 years ago. He doesn't have the right to claim them now.
I am very happy for you and the Baylor Family. I wish you, the Baylor Family, and Matt Rhule the very best going forward.

-- Barack Obama
BearTruth13
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

BaylorBJM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Thank you.

I am very happy for you and the Baylor Family. I wish you, the Baylor Family, and Matt Rhule the very best going forward.

Thanks! Enjoy your Tech, Aggie and TCU games! They are lucky to have you!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BearTruth13 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BearTruth13 said:

BaylorBJM said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Thank you.

Thanks! Enjoy your Tech, Aggie and TCU games! They are lucky to have you!
Thank you!

-- Barack Obama
historian
Another dinosaur thread that has no business today now that we are 7-0 and ranked above Texas. Let that sink in everyone!

Why would anyone waste their time on this kind of nonsense? Just so they can show how immature they can be? So they can do their best acting like a troll? Or a Frog sock puppet?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
DioNoZeus
historian said:

Another dinosaur thread that has no business today now that we are 7-0 and ranked above Texas. Let that sink in everyone!

Why would anyone waste their time on this kind of nonsense? Just so they can show how immature they can be? So they can do their best acting like a troll? Or a Frog sock puppet?

You just did. If it really troubles you that much, don't click on it.
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
RebelT
DioNoZeus said:

historian said:

You just did. If it really troubles you that much, don't click on it.

xiledinok
Well, how did it turn out?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.